I like this story! It's well thought out, well written, and very real. It would be perfect, though, if you added one more chapter where Chloe has her eyes opened to Michael's obvious affection to her, as she realizes that sometimes crushes can be jerks, but best friends will stand by you.
But even if you don't, it's good!Author's Response: That's actually a very good idea. I think I will follow your advice and add another chapter. Not right now, but soon though. Thanks for the good suggestion and reading and reviewing! Report Review
Ah. Sad. :( I was looking forward to this series. But I can't complain. My best friend was a guy, and he turned out to be an... well, a jerk, cuz Ill keep this G rated. Anyhow, you're a great writer, don't let the opposite sex ruin your creativity. I'll stop this weird rant now... (i tend to rant a lot. you're lucky, it's a lot better controlled on the internet.) -KiAuthor's Response: Ah, I've gotten over my anger againste the opposite sex already. It just flares up sometimes. Thanks for leaving another review and I'm sorry I had to end the story. Report Review
^.^ I really like this story. It's got a funny main character (who also tends to remind me of myself, cuz I'm very clumsy and tend to downplay things), and Oliver Wood. Although I'm quite partial to Remus Lupin, I've got to say Oliver Wood rocks. ;) Excuse my mini-rant. What I meant to say, is that I like your story so far. :DAuthor's Response: Thanks! You know, I didn't like Lupin at all at first, but now thanks to stories like 'Wanton confessions of a teenage witch' I'm really starting to get into his character. Your mini-rant is fine by me, I rather like it even. Thanks for reading and leaving a review! Report Review
I have to say I'm a sucker for happy endings so this kind of let me down. The story was good but it just ended to suddenly with you talking about Scabber. I read your note so I understand why you ended, so other then that nice story Author's Response: Well, thank Merlin you weren't too disappointed with the ending. Thanks for reading and reviewing! Report Review
Wow that is so sad, poor Chloe. Author's Response: I'm 'glad' you're feeling her pain. Report Review
Oh wow that Chloe is NOT good with words! Nice chapterAuthor's Response: Yes, in that aspect she's a bit like me. Thanks for leaving a review! Report Review
"me…I guess I’m the comic relief" That line cracked me up. Actually a lot of lines did. Good story, keep it up!Author's Response: Thanks! I will. Report Review
HaHaHa my first name is Chloe too! Nobody uses that name. Thank you for making me the star of your story. *Blows a kiss*Author's Response: Nobody does? I think it's a beautiful name. *catches kiss with hand* Thanks for leaving a review! Report Review
The end WHAT DO U MEAN THE END?
oh im so sad and pissed ill check out ur other stories and i hope they r good i really doAuthor's Response: Well, I can understand you're angry, but really I had to end it there or it would have become an abandoned story. I do hope you'll like other stories of mine. Thanks for reading and reviewing! Report Review
it was a great story, of course the ending was a bit unexpected the story was still good.Author's Response: Thanks for reading and reviewing. I'm glad the ending didn't ruin the entire story for you! Report Review
it would have been much better if u would have continued with the storyAuthor's Response: No need to triple-post. Report Review
it would have been much better if u would have continued with the storyAuthor's Response: No need to double-post. Report Review
it would have been much better if u would have continued with the storyAuthor's Response: Did you not read the note on the bottom of the last chapter? It wouldn't have been better, because I have run out of ideas and the story was getting worse and worse. Thanks for reading and reviewing! Report Review
Hah, I love the use of the word "Right." Sounds like something I would do, really. Lovely story--I can't say it makes me laugh, because its not like I sit in front of the computer screen and laugh out loud, but I certainly do grin. Yes, well. Very amusing, as per usual. Update when you can!Author's Response: I know it isn't exactly laugh out loud comedy, but I'm glad you still think it's grinworthy. Thanks for reading and reviewing. I'll update asap! Report Review
hahaha, i love this storY. You have a verY refreshing comical kind of writingAuthor's Response: Thanks! I will update asap. Report Review
ah. this's so nice. omhgawd... you need to update. fast. Author's Response: Thanks. I'll update asap! Report Review
HIHIHI!!! this is different. i like this. very... not mary sue! muahahahahaha! VERY nice start. difference, that's what everyone likes. some attitude you gave in da beginning, ha? hihihi... on to the next chapter :PAuthor's Response: I'm pleased you like the story. Thanks for reading and reviewing and I'll update soon. Report Review
EEE!!! I loved it! :) Please update soon!Author's Response: Thanks! I'll update asap. Report Review
awww. but not. waa im confused. I can see wht oliver didn't say anything aw chloe!!! hope she'sa okAuthor's Response: I guess you'll find out later why he didn't say anything. Thanks for reading and leaving a review! Report Review
Hello there :) I actually enjoyed reading your story - it's witty and very nice. I’ve often wondered if perhaps Professor Trelawney is a stoner. - Priceless
I rated it 7 because I think that you can improve this story further (maybe with the help of a beta reader). There are minor spelling mistakes, some overdoing and things that can be quickly mended.
1. Oliver is very in-character talking about quidditch :) Good Job.
2. 'Folding open' - you don't fold open
3. 'Yadda yadda yadda' - it sounds a bit like 'Japanese fangirl' to me
4. 'obnoxious wannabe-Death Eater' - when you write a story with an OC like yours, one good thing is to 'pretend' that you don't know anything about what's happening in the life of Harry & co. Your character is an 'outside person' so maybe a good way to describe Draco would be 'This annoying spoiled Slyhterin'
5. I don't think that Oliver dislikes Trelawney...to put it in a better way, I think that he doesn't care at all. He wasn't very worried when Sirius Black was after him (Prisoner of Azkaban). He brushed aside the fact that his seeker was in mortal peril.
6. It's a bit obvious that Michael may like Chloe...it's a bit clichéd
7. I think that Chloe's clumsyness is a bit overdone.
Keep on writing and all the best ;)Author's Response: Thanks for giving me a 7! I'll now respond to some of the points you addressed.
1. Thanks. Of cours when Oliver is talking about Quidditch he's always in character since it's practically the only thing we know about his character.
2. I've changed 'folding open' to 'bringing forth'.
3. I'm surprised to hear someone doesn't like 'yadda yadda yadda'. Personally I think it's much better than 'blablabla' and not at all 'Japanese fangirl'.
4. I think you misinterpreted Chloe with the 'obnoxious wannabe-Death Eater' thing. She doesn't know he wants to be a Death Eater (Harry & co don't know either at this point), but it's an easy assumption since Malfoy's father was a Death Eater, his friends' fathers were Death Eaters and Malfoy hates "mudbloods".
5. Yes, this is one of the things I added about Oliver. Here he tells Chloe (who is his friend of his concerns about Harry). Towards Harry he'd never let it show that he's worried. Instead he'll just fret about Quidditch matches and a possible dangerous gift aka Firebolt. It's a little depth I've added to his character and it doesn't disturb canon too much, I think.
6. It's meant to be obvious and a cliché now and then never killed anybody.
7. Chloe's clumsiness is modelled after the clumsiness of a friend of mine and she really does stumble, fall, bump and trip that often.
I will keep on writing. Thanks for your helpful comments! Report Review
Great prank she pulls on oliver. I like you're writing style, witty and fun; keep it up. Chloe reminds me of Mia Thermapalis from Princess Diaries, before she turned into a princess.Author's Response: Thanks! I like Mia too. The way she says ´Shut up´ cracks me up every time. Thanks for leaving a review. I´ll update asap. Report Review
Oh Wow... So u are writing another story which i was waiting to read! i like dis story it is somehow different than the rest. KEEP WRITING!!!(and smiling:))Author's Response: So, you like this story too? How is it different from the other stories exactly? Thanks for leaving a review. I'l keep writing (and smiling)! Report Review
Awww, that was cute. (at the end.) ANd eye candy is a VERY disturbing phrase, yes.
DragonetteAuthor's Response: Thanks for leaving a review! Report Review
What an obvious conclusiong...(the last line.) I love this story! No one should be a carpet.Chloe is very endearing. 10/10.
DragonetteAuthor's Response: Thanks! I hope you stay tuned for the next chapter too! Report Review
Very amusing, so far. While I might not be doubled-over laughing hysterically, I'm still grinning after reading your last chapter. Oliver is believable -- not insanely obsessed with quidditch as some stories have him. Thankfully, he doesn't breathe quidditch and broomsticks, etc. in your story. Not to mention the whole "I am a carpet because..." thing. That was really fun to read because it actually made sense. And it sounded scarily like something I would say. In fact, your stumbling, falling, tripping, slipping, bumping, colliding Gryffindor sounds a lot like me. I'm just far to clumsy for my own good--its already cost me seven broken bones.
Anyways, yes, brilliant story. Liking the thing with Michael, and how Oliver asks if she would still tease him if they were friends--and then says "lets be friends", etc.
Good work -- update when you can, I'll be looking forward to reading the next installment :)Author's Response: Brilliant? Let me bask for a second...yep, done. And what do you mean by the thing with Michael? (No, don't answer, I think you caught my not-so-subtle clues already) Thanks for leaving a review. I'll update as soon as possible! Report Review
Terms of Service
categories & genres
short story collection