So I've just come across this story and fell completely in love with it! I've been looking for something to read and I've finally found it!
Seth is one of the best character's I've ever read; she's so relatable but has this sort of feminist vibe about her (like she won't change for anyone), and that's just amazing.
The best thing about this story, for me, is that it has all the cliché's and stuff but has twists and turns that have me staring at the screen in shock and checking (EVERY DAY) for an update!
You've done amazing setting the whole gossip-y, clique-y school thing. You actually capture the High School, teenager stuff without making it too dramatic and unbelievable, which is really hard!
I've probably rambled on for too long, but I just wanted to asks some questions...
1) How long do you plan this story to be?
2) I feel like Albus is going to be more involved in the story, so does he have an important part?
3) Do you have people you imagine as the characters? I know you have Holland Roden as Seth (which is perfect, by the way!), but do you have someone for like Katie and...well, just Katie, really?
4) And, finally, SETH AND JAMES ROMANCE? WHEN?!?!?!?!?!
Can't wait for the next update...and the rest of the story, really! Just please don't abandon it like so many other WIP out there :)
Author's Response: Wow, thank you so much! It's so wonderful to get a review like this :). I'm glad Seth is perceived that way; I really want her to stand her ground - a little change is good, I guess, in connection to growing up; but generally I'm a big fan of just being who you are :)
I'm so happy you appreciate the cliches, really. Personally, I'm a big fan of certain motives in literature; they have always been there, even in the classics, and I just love to 'play' with them... if that makes any sense :)
Thanks for the compliment on the teen drama and NO your are not rambling! I'm in LOVE with your review... haha
Now on to your questions: 1. I don't know how many chapters there will be exactly but I've got a fair amount planned; maybe it will be, like 20 chapters more or less. 2. Albus WILL be important, you are right... I just need him to be in the background right now... the fact that he suddenly stopped having active parts in the story has to do with his girlfriend, actually...
3. I think I do see people in front of my mental eye but I'm not sure they look like anyone famous :) I simply love Holland Roden and that picture of her I used in the banner (just with blonde hair) is actually exactly how I picture Seth. I actually think that Katie looks a lot like the French actress Roxane Duran...maybe just a little less skinny than her
4. Seth and James, or Jeth, as people have suggested, will not have it easy :) I promise I won't abandon this... I'm trying to update as regularly as possible - sometimes life gets in the way of writing but I won't stop :) The next chapter is already in the queue and I hope it'll be up soon.
Thanks again for taking the time to leave such a lovely long review. I really enjoyed reading it :) You made my day so much better!