First of all I would like to say that I have waited for this story to be updated since the beginning, and I was even starting to lose hope that it would be finished.
"Lucky for me", I thought, "I find another fantastic author who has issues with updating on a regular basis!"
Despite my frustrations with the updating speed of the story, there is no denying that this was a great chapter! I'm psyched to learn more about the secret gap in the wall, and all the mystery that it brings.
I really liked how this chapter cut straight to the point of what everyone was wondering about. You didn't go three chapters waiting for our main character to work up the courage to explore the gap, you dove right in, which is something else that I have to thank you for.
You also set up the story to further develop the ghost situation part of the plot, Which is definitely something that needs to be maintained.
I also have a few suggestions if you don't mind my pushiness.
1. I really like the witty banter that occurs with Regulus, and I think that he should be included in the story more.
2. So far, Albus really just annoys me, which I guess is good because it means I have sympathy for Ellie, but it almost makes me want to hex him. Which is an issue because that is decidedly not something I am capable of because a. he is a fictional character and b. I am not a witch.
There are also things that I question because you skimmed over them just a tad. I repeat. Just a tad. They could be insignificant and I am just an ignorant person who was unaware of their woeful insignificance.
1. Who is in the picture that Ellie accidentally knocks off the wall? Is this currently unisexual, mystery IT going to be important?
2. What was the distant crash that Ellie heard at the end? Was it possibly someone who was watching her actions? (although at this point that is a slim to none possibility since no one except her room mates could possibly have noticed that she went missing.
3. Ellie mentions that one of the rollers gave out and that was why the gap appeared. Could it be because someone was in the secret area recently?
4. I question the sanity of the person that decided to turn the secret room into a storage for books. Like, "Oh, there is that huge detailed moving carving of the school crest, and the wall disappears to reveal this awesome scene of what seem to be statues of the four creators, lets just put some boxes with books back here."
Finally, I REALLY hope you update again soon. I know that there is no way to rush a masterpiece, which is what I am expecting every author to think of their work as, but I do still hope that you update in a quicker fashion since you are more than likely out on summer break.
Best of luck with the writing
Author's Response: Ah! I'm sorry! I'm very terrible at updating, and for some reason, this story in particular. Ellie can be difficult to write at times.
I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter! I hope it was worth the long wait. And there's so much plot development in this one chapter, it's actually insane - one of the reasons it took me so long to write.
I don't mind your pushiness! Reviews are here for the feedback, and I like all of it!
1. Regulus is a "series regular" so to speak. His appearances will become more frequent - I love writing him.
2. Albus annoys me, too. He's difficult to write, and that frustration shows, I think. I know where he needs to go, but he'll take his time getting there.
There are definitely things I skimmed over because the chapter was getting a wee bit long.
1. Hahaha! That mystery is yet to be revealed!
2. Another mystery yet to be revealed!
3. Maybe... maybe not...
4. It's a library. Books are EXACTLY what one should expect.
Another update should be coming soonish. I live on the other side of the world, so I am most definitely not on summer break, and have been busy for the past month, but an update is definitely on the horizon! Thanks for reading :)