|Review:||Siriusly Smitten x says:|
In response to the review you requested:
Okay, I'll start with the positives:
- I liked your Myrtle. Nicely done - not too over the top, and it was nice to see, despite the serious circumstances, that she was still giggling like a school girl. Very nice.
- Your detail was nice. Sometimes with one-shots, people just write and write and write and never get anywhere, but you wrote with just the right amount, making it a nice flowing read.
- You summed up your idea nicely with the last sentence about Draco's confusion, and really knowing and understanding a person. Sometimes keeping it simple is better, so great work.
A few problem areas:
- The first paragraph sounded like a song. I know that sounds weird, and I don't even know if it is a bad thing. I seriously tried humming it in my head.
- I found it a little hard to believe that Draco would tell her everything. I can see him spilling small details of what he was up to, but I think Draco's smarter than to confide in anyone, but as your title says, it's "An Unlikely Confidant," so whatever. I can't really see him confiding in anyone else, so I see understand your choice for picking Mryrtle.
- I found some areas a little hard to believe. As well as being upset, I can see him being incredibly angry as well, and perhaps taking it out on other people, and himself. Maybe just something to think about for next time?
Anyway, overall, nice one-shot. It flowed nicely, and was a good read. Keep up the good work!
Author's Response: Awesome! I'm glad you liked my Myrtle, and that you didn't think she was too over-the-top, cuz I had been worried about how she would come across in this... And I have been working really hard on enriching the detail in all of my stories, so it's relieving to know that that is showing through too, so thank you for saying that!!! :)
I am a musician, as well as a writer, so if it sounded kinda songy at the start, that was probably just me, lol! And Draco didn't exactly tell her everything, he only told her about the vanishing cabinet in this... But I do see what you're saying about the believability aspect of it though.
Thank you so much for leaving me such an awesome review! I'm also glad that you liked the ending part also! I know its weird or whatever, but I always like to try and tie-in the title in with the story/chapter that I am writing somehow! Its kind of a habit of mine, lol! =)