Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:28 AM

Hi all.

My name is Mary.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

:happy:

2r56sf6.jpg

~~  m  a  r  y  ~~ 

Signature by just.a.willow.tree@TDA

read my stories (12+) ~ ask me questions (12+)

#2 Infinityx

Infinityx

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

Hello Mary! I'm here to start you off with some fun questions! :hug:

1. What made you start writing/reading fanfiction? 

2. What's your OTP (one true pairing)?

3. If you could only read/write one genre of FF for the rest of your life, what would it be?

4. Which subject do you think you would excel at if you studied at Hogwarts, and why? 

5. Whose your favorite character from the original books?

6. If you could go on a date with one character from HP, who would it be?

7. How often do you write?

That's it for now! Have fun! I'll come back with some more later, once I read your fics! :)

Lovely set by visenya@TDA

sig_zpse362c0ab.png

Author Page (M) 

#3 leviOsa_not_leviosA

leviOsa_not_leviosA

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

Hello Mary! I'm here to start you off with some fun questions! :hug:

1. What made you start writing/reading fanfiction? 

2. What's your OTP (one true pairing)?

3. If you could only read/write one genre of FF for the rest of your life, what would it be?

4. Which subject do you think you would excel at if you studied at Hogwarts, and why? 

5. Whose your favorite character from the original books?

6. If you could go on a date with one character from HP, who would it be?

7. How often do you write?

That's it for now! Have fun! I'll come back with some more later, once I read your fics! :)

*Gasp* Someone actually asked me questions!! Yay!  :hug:

1.) The first fanfic I ever read was actually on HPFF.  My brother found it, read it, and told me about it.  Although I haven't been able to remember the name for years now- as I didn't have an account back then so I couldn't favorite anything, I still remember that it was the seventh book from Neville POV.  I absolutely loved it!  So, that story got me hooked.  I saw that there were thousands of stories on the site and I just started reading them.  Now, its been about three years since I first read that first fic and I am as hooked as ever!

2.) In the Potter world, it would have to be Harry and Ginny- book Harry and Ginny that is.  Their relationship started from a true friendship and grew into something more.  Who wouldn't love that?  Outside the Potter world is probably Hook and Emma from Once Upon a Time.  Their relationship is great and I always look forward to watching it progress.

3.) Humor.  I love me some good humor stories.  I always like being able to go home after a long day and having a laugh while reading. 

4.) Potions.  I love to cook/bake and Potions is pretty much the same thing.  I honestly never understood how Harry and Ron had so much trouble following the STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS!  Sorry, little overly emotional here.  I don't think I would be very good at experimenting with my potions though.

5.)  Ginny.  I always loved how she, the overlooked one, was probably one of the most powerful- if not the most powerful- witch in her year. 

6.) Probably either Fred or George.  Not only are they incredibly funny, but they must be incredibly smart as well to invent all their products.  I feel like that would be the most fun date ever.

7.) I hate to say it but actually not that much.  I really have to be in the mood for writing and, with school and other things coming up in my life, I don't really have much time.  However, my creative juices really start flowing once I'm out of school- hence the churning out the two one-shots this week as I am on spring break.  So hopefully, I will get a lot more writing time in this summer.

Yes, please do check out my stories!  Thank you, lovely!  :happy:

2r56sf6.jpg

~~  m  a  r  y  ~~ 

#4 ~chocolate

~chocolate

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

Hi Mary! I'm here with some questions.  :happy:

1. Right now, I think 3/7 of your stories are under the Next-Generation era? Do you think there is a particular something that draws you to it?

2. Is there a ship you could never read? If yes, why?

3. Lanny (from How to Become Minister of Magic) and G (from A Not So Normal Life (After All)), both being OCs and all, are very different. Which one do think is most like you (personality wise)?

4. James I or James II?

5. Scorpius Malfoy: hot or not?

S a m a

gallery (12+)| hpff(12+ to M) | Crossing the Borderline(M) | Nutshell(15+)

NUTSHELLsigdone_zpsbdd30050.png

#5 leviOsa_not_leviosA

leviOsa_not_leviosA

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:37 AM

Hi Mary! I'm here with some questions.  :happy:

1. Right now, I think 3/7 of your stories are under the Next-Generation era? Do you think there is a particular something that draws you to it?

2. Is there a ship you could never read? If yes, why?

3. Lanny (from How to Become Minister of Magic) and G (from A Not So Normal Life (After All)), both being OCs and all, are very different. Which one do think is most like you (personality wise)?

4. James I or James II?

5. Scorpius Malfoy: hot or not?

Why, hello there!  :bye:

1. I think I really enjoy next-generation because you don't have all the restraints of following canon all to often.  You are still in the same world and some of our favorite characters like the golden trio are still present, but they take the back burner to the multitude of stories that can ensue from their children's era.  There is so many options to be explored in the era and I love the multitude of possibilities!

2. Dramione.  When I started reading fan fiction- which was on HPFF, actually- I used to read it all the time.  Then, I stopped reading fan fiction for some reason for about a year, and when I came back, I just couldn't stand it anymore.  The thing is, for me, if you are using the characters from the book, you have to keep their personalities canon.  Now, I can understand Draco changing a lot after the end of the war, but not as drastically as many say nor can I see Hermione being this 'damsel in distress' character you so often see her as in Dramione fics.

3.  I kinda wish I was more like Laney, with her amazing drive to get what she wants, but I am definitely more like G.  You can find me on my computer, reading HPFF constantly, just like her, and although she is not like me in many ways, I feel like I have a little bit of myself in her- rather than Laney who is some random person I semi based off of characters from the Netflix show House of Cards.

4. Probably James II.  As I said before, there is so many possibilities in the next generation.   However, even looking at him in his typical jokester, playboy, quidditch play ways, I like him more than his grandfather.  I feel like James I was always caught up in whatever Lily was doing while James is freer to do what he wants and make a life for himself.

5. H-O-T-T- hot.  He has got the sex appeal of Draco but with a more care free attitude that likes to joke around.  Aka, the perfect mix.   ;)

Thanks for the questions, hun!  :hug:

Edited by leviOsa_not_leviosA, 12 May 2014 - 03:38 AM.

2r56sf6.jpg

~~  m  a  r  y  ~~ 

#6 TidalDragon

TidalDragon

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

Howdy! Dropping off some questions!

1. If you had to compare yourself to a Quidditch ball, which would you be and why?

2. Your stories are very evenly split between light and dark. How do you manage switching back and forth?

3. You like writing OCs and OC pairings. What do you find most appealing about them? What do you find most challenging?

4. Most masterful manipulator: Dumbledore, Snape, or Voldemort? Why?

5. Do you find your stories to be more character-driven or plot-driven?

Hope you have fun answering!

#7 leviOsa_not_leviosA

leviOsa_not_leviosA

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:41 PM

Howdy! Dropping off some questions!

Hi, there!  :bye:

1. Probably a bludger because I tend to do or say random things just as the bludger's movements are seemingly random and erratic.

2.  I honestly have no idea.  Sometimes it seems easier to write from the mind of some sarcastic protagonist while working on my lighter OC's, but then other days I tend to write darker things in those light stories, make the inner thoughts more angsty and then I will have to go back and rewrite what I had written.  And it is the same way the other way around while writing darker stories.  

3. I feel like you have more options in how their characters are when they are OC's.  One this site, there are so many stereotypes that people write (like the James II playboy/quidditch extraordinaire) or there is the canon to think of.  With an OC, you don't have to think about all those things and just create a totally unique character that no one has read about before.  I guess the hardest part of making them is that they rely totally on your imagination.  If you don't know where else to go with a character, your kind of stuck while with a canon character you can look more easily towards other's works for inspiration.

4.  Dumbledore by far.  He always seemed to be playing a game- moving this character this way or that.  He knew how to get those to fight for the cause even if they didn't really want to.  Voldemort just played on people fears or idealisms and Snape was a spy, but not a manipulator.  Dumbledore pulled so many character's strings and there are probably many more secrets Dumbledore knew but never told to the rest of us.

5.  Kind of a mixture.  My story A Not So Normal Life (After All) seems to be moving more to fit the plot than the characters, but my other WIP, How to Become Minister of Magic: A Guide has less of a specific time frame it is working with, and although there is a main plot, the story is definitely more character driven and what I think Laney, the protagonist, would do next in her situation.

Thanks for the questions!  These were really fun answering! :)

2r56sf6.jpg

~~  m  a  r  y  ~~ 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users