6 replies to this topic

#1 EarthsTrueGreen

EarthsTrueGreen

New student

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:47 PM

Hello!

So after writing on HPFF for four years I have finally decided to start and MTA. A little bit late, but oh well.
I love the Next Gen era, personally because those characters aren’t completely developed so it leaves us the opportunity to make their personalities our own. But I do like a good Marauder era, Post Hogwarts Ron/Hermione fic (If it is done in a way that really reflects the characters personalities), also Founders era.

I write primarily Rose/Scorpius but occasionally I get an idea of an Albus/OC. Although none of those have actually made it to paper… YET! I enjoy experimenting with characters. Just because I write them one way in one story, doesn’t mean that is how I envision them in another.  For instance the Rose in my story Twelve and the Rose in my Temptation series are two completely different people. One is innocent, kind, and always looks for the good in people. The other has some anger issues and is a bit feisty.

I’m game for reading just about everything, especially a good song fic, but that is because I am a music obsessor, and besides HPFF, my life revolves around music. And to be honest that is reflected in my stories. (I have playlist for all of my stories!)

Anyways my stories are
Twelve(M)
Fighting Temptation(M)
Confronting Temptation(M)
I look forward to your questions. I’ll answer anything but plot spoilers (so don’t even try)

#2 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

AHHH FIGHTING TEMPTATION IS LIKE MY MOST FAVOURITE THING EVER.
:wub: I dunno if you remember me from your reviews :happy:

anyway! some questions for you <3

1. How did you get the idea for FT?
2. Have you ever cried while writing FT?
3. How long do you think it will take to finish CT?
4. If Scorose couldn't happen, who would you put Scorpius with, and who would you put Rose with?

I SHALL BE BACK TO READ YOUR ANSWERS. <3

standing in the way of the light by patronus_charm [M] and

Avalanche by maraudertimes [M] are great stories!

qt1OS5l.gif

:Gryffindor: ^Elenia is a Graphics Goddess^ :Gryffindor:

this stuff i've written. [15+] whoa, questions. [12+] erm, a gallery [15+]

#3 EarthsTrueGreen

EarthsTrueGreen

New student

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

1. I got the idea for FT because I was reading all these Scor/Rose stories that weren't going the way I wanted them to go. So I decided to write my own and it turned out to be a success. :)

2. I don't want to say I cried while writing FT because that would be a bit hard, but I will say that I definitely had a hard time writing chapter 30 and all that was after. I was a little bit heartbroken, and i did feel that while I was writing it. 

3. Alright some new developments have just come about with CT and the plot line, which will be explained in the next A/N. But there are four chapters of CT left, but I am adding on a third book.

4. I'm sorry there is no Scorose not happening and I refuse to acknowledge that thought. I tried to read the first chapter of a Scorpius/Lily once and it was the worst thing in the world. I was like this is not happening. So yeah Scorose all the way.

#4 keyty_

keyty_

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

Hi! Thought I'd stop by with a few questions.

1. What inspired the clock company for your story Twelve? How did you come up with the whole clock theme?
  2. Even though you envision your characters differently depending upon the story, if JKR were to write Next Gen era, which do you think would be closer to her canon?
  3. Out of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, which would you sort Rose and Scorpius in? Why?
  4. If you played Quidditch, which position do you think would best suit you?
  5. If you went to Hogwarts, which subject do you think you'd be best at?

Hope you have fun answering these!

from up above challenge winner

hufflepuffforhousecupanimation_zpsb09763

keyty | set by emmaweasley. go hufflepuff!

review thread | mta

all links are 12+

#5 EarthsTrueGreen

EarthsTrueGreen

New student

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

1. Well I knew that I didn’t want Scorpius to be the type of character who would just date Twelve girls for the heck of it, because that truly is just an awful trick. So knowing that I knew I had to give him a slightly justifiable reason to do it. So immediately I thought of a company and how he would probably be denied it because of the Malfoy name. Which inevitable led to the creation of Marcus a Greengrass cousin. So that led me to wondering what kind of company it should be. The idea of time was already on my mind, unlike my other stories I already knew from the beginning that this one was going to be called Twelve. There’s Twelve months, Twelve girls, Twelve numbers on a clock. So immediately I wanted to stick with the idea of time, because this story sort of revolves around it and I loved the idea of that old sort style of inner working of mechanics. Which seemed like something that would be a good soft/innocent obsession, for Scorpius to have, and it wasn’t really common. And for me old fashioned clocks have a sort of magical element to them and they hold so much power for something which we take for granted. Then I remembered the thing about receiving a watch on your seventeenth birthday so that meant that it would probably be a company that was successful seeing as how it was a product in demand. So that’s where the clock company came in. 

2. To be honest I think Rose form Fighting Temptation, and Scorpius from Twelve.  I feel that Rose would be a bit feisty and strongwilled because she has her mother and her father’s blood, but I think Scorpius would be a bit softer. I don’t know why I just this feeling that JKR wouldn’t write Scorpius in the image of his father.  I read once that she said Scorpius may have softened Draco, not sure if that’s an actual statement that she said but I do think it’s accurate fir what I think.

3. If we are talking in terms of my stories the Temptations series would definitely be both in Ravenclaw. As for Twelve Scorpius would probably be placed in Hufflepuff, the whole clock thing just being so quirky and out of place. As for Rose from Twelve, I know I say in the story that she could have just as easily been in Ravenclaw, but the hat never told her that it’s an assumption that she made. But with her being as innocent/Sweet as she is I think her character would fit easily in Hufflepuff. But in the grand scheme of things were I placed them both in Gryffindor, I fell truly matches their characteristics.  

4. Oh Merlin probably none of them, I was always in dance classes, Cheerleading, and Flagline, through my middle and High school years. Other than that my athletic ability/ hand eye coordination is awful. I think being a chaser would be fun, but honestly none of those positions would suit me well. I would be one of the people sitting in the stands screaming at bad fouls or calls.

5. Charms. Definitely charms. 
Thanks for asking they were fun.

#6 OlderShouldKnowBetter

OlderShouldKnowBetter

New student

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:17 AM

Hi there,

I didn't think it was appropriate to post in the reviews my suspicions - it could have caused spoilers.

But I thought that Vivian's new 'squeeze' must James - unless you were going to go with an OC character whom we have not met.  It was the only possibility in the character space you have built.  They have a certain 'fit' to a possible relationship that makes it's inclusion in your story well within the bounds of credibility.

I think you have certainly, with your last chapter, dropped enough hints that has confirmed this supposition, for me anyway.

#7 EarthsTrueGreen

EarthsTrueGreen

New student

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

Trust me it would have been fine to post there. Not much of spoilers going on, and everyone else that has reviewed for that chapter already mentioned it. No, it's James, I made that pretty obvious. Glad you think it fits, I was a little bit worried that it wouldn't because I actually havent written a scene with James directly in it. He has only been mentioned so... Thanks for stopping by and posting your thoughts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users