#1 awesomepotter

awesomepotter

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

Hi guys!

Feel free to come and say hello, I won't bite! I'm still relatively new to HPFF, but I have two fics posted - a Draco one-shot called 'Desertion' and a James/Lily story called 'Fleeting Love', in case you wanted to check them out ;)

Please come and drop me a line if you want to, and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have - in fact, I'll be really grateful for people showing an interest in my work!

Like I said, come and say hello!

awesomepotter xxx

aceofheartsbanner_zpsee9e3849.png
Lovely set by anyroad@TDA!

Ask me questions (12+) || Read my stuff (12+)

#2 awesomepotter

awesomepotter

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

Hello? Anyone?

:sorry: Guess nobody loves me... :cry:

Sad times...

Just kidding, come and say hi if you want, I'm not actually that weird :bye:

awesomepotter xxx

#3 HeyMrsPotter

HeyMrsPotter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

Helloooooooo :waves: I'm being a MTA stalker today instead of writing :p

1. Tell me your fanfiction story, when did you start reading/writing?

2. If you could only read 1 fanfic story for the rest of your life which one would you pick?

3. What's your writing process like? Where is your favourite place to write? How long does one chapter usually take? 

4. Favourite canon/non-canon pairings?

5. If you could teach any class at Hogwarts which one would you choose and why?

Have fun answering :D

311rw9k.png

Banner  and profile image by Slytherinchica08, who is amazing.
NaNo mummy to Tanya, Erica, and Jayde who have 30 days of 'encouragement' to look forward to!

#4 awesomepotter

awesomepotter

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

Ooh, didn't mean to press 'post' on that last one. Sorry!

1. Tell me your fanfiction story, when did you start reading/writing?

I started reading just six months or so ago, but I started writing my own a couple of months after that. I was encouraged to start writing after I won a writing competition at school and so I had a go. I'm still not a very confident fanfiction writer as I know I'm by far not the best on the site (although it'd be hard to be with so many amazing writers out there!) but I'm just having a go for fun :)

2. If you could only read 1 fanfic story for the rest of your life which one would you pick?

Ooh, hard question! Why would you do this to me? I couldn't possibly choose between Embracing the Madness (M) by wolfgirl17 and 'Til Death do us Part (M) by marauderslover15. I love a good romance, me, but I love some action in there too. They're both just so well written and I feel the characters fit really well with how they appear in the books :)

3. What's your writing process like? Where is your favourite place to write? How long does one chapter usually take? 

My writing process? Well, I usually like to type at my computer with some music on in the background - for some reason I find it impossible to write in silence - and I plan out what's going to happen in that particular chapter and write it. I'll go through it when it's done to make any edits and then I usually sleep on it and read it again the next day to make sure I still like it and haven't written a load of complete gibberish! One chapter, depending on length wil probably take me a fortnight or so - as I mentioned, I'm still quite new to this so I'm not that confident with doing my own writing and I write really slowly ;)

4. Favourite canon/non-canon pairings?

Again, hard one! My favourite pairings would have to be James/Lily (and basically anything Marauders - I LOVE the Marauders era!), Dramione, Harry/Ginny and I've recently read a very good George Weasley/Hermione fic, so I think I might be becoming a bit of a convert...

5. If you could teach any class at Hogwarts which one would you choose and why?

Defence Against the Dark Arts - it's quite practical, dealing with creatures and doing spells and such, and you actually get to find out a lot about yourself in the subject - such as your Patronus and what you're truly afraid of (Boggarts) because I actually don't know what I'm most afraid of in the world, so I'd quite like to find out - so I can avoid it like the plague! If I couldn't teach DADA, I'd probably go for Care of Magical Creatures, because I love animals ;)

Thanks for your questions, it's nice to see a bit of interest!

I definitely did have fun answering too! Sorry for the typos I've probably made all over this, though!

#5 bellatrixlestrange123

bellatrixlestrange123

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

Hi there! :hug:

Thought I would ask away with some questions!

1. If you could choose your Patronus, what would it be?

2. What is your favourite thing about being able to write on HPFF?

3. Would you ever like publish a book?

4. What inspired you to write your fics?

Bella :bye:

10elp49.jpg

#6 awesomepotter

awesomepotter

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:20 PM

Ooh, questions! Yaay!

1. If you could choose your Patronus, what would it be?

If I could choose my Patronus... Hmmm.... I think I'd probably go for something like a big cat such as a lion - they're fiercely protective of their loved ones and get extremely scary when they're provoked (just like me ;) ) .... and it'd also be pretty cool too :)

2. What is your favourite thing about being able to write on HPFF?

I just think it's a lovely place to be able to have a go at something you live with like-minded people who aren't going to judge you or say nasty things about you. I've seen several other fanfic websites where people get all nasty if people don't write in the fandom they love the most and start badmouthing others. Here everyone's encouraged to have a go and people praise them for it - there really are some lovely people on the forums and HPFF ;)

3. Would you ever like publish a book?

It'd be a lovely experience and I would like to see it happen, but I'm afraid I'm not nearly talented enough to do so! There are some very takented writers lurking in these forumms, but I'm afraid I'm just not one of them :( . Still, if I could it'd be an amazing thing to do!

4. What inspired you to write your fics?

I just discovered HPFF and started reading the fics on there. Once I'd read a few, I starsted to want a go myself. The idea for both the fics I have currently posted on HPFF actually came to me in the shower. I had to jump out halfway through and write them down before I forgot them :happy:

Thanks for your questions, it's always lovely to recieve them! :hug:

Love and hugs,

awesomepotter xxx

#7 TidalDragon

TidalDragon

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:29 PM

Howdy!

1. So my standard odd-ball question. If you had to choose a Quidditch ball to describe yourself, which would you choose? Why?

2. The Holyhead Harpies - part of the solution or part of the problem?

3. You have posted a one-shot and the beginning of a short story so far. Do you prefer writing shorter stories to long ones?

4. You've said above you ship Dramione. What attracts you to that pairing?

5. You're a Harry/Ginny fan! Me too! What's your go-to argument for why they're amazing?

6. If you could ask one canon character one question, who would you pick and what would you ask?

Hope you enjoy these! I can't wait to see your answers!

AND STILL I DRIFT (12+) - A NANO 2014 PROJECT

NANOWRIMOadetuikjhgfdsawertyiuokjhgfdsrt NANOWRIMOazasaawert6uijhgfdswe4rt6yuikjh NANOWRIMOweptyujgfdwrtyuilkjhgfdswertyui

EVOLUTION (M)  |  STARVING ARTISTS (12+)  |  APOGEE (M)
ICONS BY TOREADABOOK @ LIVEJOURNAL

#8 awesomepotter

awesomepotter

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

Hey there! I'd be happy to answer your questions - I look forward to getting them far more than any normal person should :blushing:

1. So my standard odd-ball question. If you had to choose a Quidditch ball to describe yourself, which would you choose? Why?

Probably a Bludger - I have an unfortunate tendency to blunder into things wildly without really thinking things through, and once I've made my mind up for goos there's nothing and no-one that'll get me to change my opinion ;)

2. The Holyhead Harpies - part of the solution or part of the problem?

I'm afraid I'm going to have to admit to being a bit of a dunderhead on this one :shy: Could you rephrase the question, because I don't really get what you mean... Sorry!

3. You have posted a one-shot and the beginning of a short story so far. Do you prefer writing shorter stories to long ones?

It depends, really. I haven't had that much experience of writing proper, novel-length stories so I can't comment on that, but from the things I have written I have so far preferred writing one-shots because you can just focus on one problem and solve it, whereas in a longer story, you have to keep coming up with new problems and often juggle a few at a time to keep the reader interested - and I'm about as much use virtual story-juggling as I am real world-juggling :happy:

However, if I had a good plot and I really got into it, I see no reason why I couldn't really enjoy writing a longer story. Who knows...

4. You've said above you ship Dramione. What attracts you to that pairing?

Quite frankly, I can't quite pinpoint it exactly. I think it's most likely the fact that nobody expects it if we focus on how they behave towards each other, but after the war, both Hermione and Draco have been through so much they will obviously change in character due to their experiences, and once Draco is free of Lucius' control I see no reason why they couldn't be together. For me, the main reason Draco is such a horrible person at the beginning of the series is because of Lucius' influence, but I think he could be perfectly capable of being a lovely person without his father around - in most Dramione fics, he is :happy:

5. You're a Harry/Ginny fan! Me too! What's your go-to argument for why they're amazing?

The fact that they're not the stereotypical couple. In most books, the girl is the one who maybe has some insecurities, or needs a bit of moral support etc., and the boy comes and puts her back together again. For Harry and Ginny, Harry is the one who worries a lot and is scared and maybe a litle insecure, and Ginny is the one who is matter-of-fact and strong-minded, and helps him to deal with the pressure of defeating Voldemort and all the nasties ;) I also think that they just work so well together - they make a lovely couple in my mind :p

6. If you could ask one canon character one question, who would you pick and what would you ask?

I'd probably like to talk to Umbridge (well, talk may be a little bit of an understatement) nd just ask her why. Why did she feel the need to be so revoltingly foul to all the kids? Was it the power? A general dislike for children? If so, why take the position in the school? I can't quite work out her motivations behind just being so... so... blech. :yucky:

Thanks for your questions! Much appreciated, and I hope I've answered your queries sufficiently. If you have any more queries, don't hesitate to just come and give me another poke ;)

awesomepotter xxx

#9 randomhpffwriter

randomhpffwriter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

Hello :) Thought I'd drop by and spread some MTA love!

1) You've written two stories, and they both look completely different from each other. Which one was easier to write?

2) Which HP character do you think you're most like and why?

3) Which is your One True Pairing (OTP)?

4) Which genre do you find the hardest to write?

5) Do you have any favourite authors on this site?

6) If you could have written any story on the archives (that isn't yours), which one would it be?

7) Butterbeer, Firewhiskey, or Pumpkin juice. If you could try one, which one would it be?

8) Which is your favourite book in the HP series and why?

That's all for now :) Looking forward to your answers! 

ivv5uu.jpg

NaNo Mum to: Sian, Lauren, Isobel, Nicole, Jenna and Alishya
NaNo daughter of: Sian, Lauren, Nadia, Nicole and Isobel
|Word Count: 13,946/25,000| Set by Alishya|

#10 awesomepotter

awesomepotter

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:32 PM

Hey there! Sorry, but I'm not going to be able to answer your questions tonight - I need to get to bed in a moment and I want to do this properly, so expect an answer by this time tomorrow :) Thankyou for the questions though, I just thought I might let you know why it'll be a while xxx

awesomepotter xxx

#11 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:02 AM

erm to save you the trouble of double posting, I'll leave you some questions as well!

1. What would your advice be to someone who's scared of posting their first fic?
2. If you could time travel with one HP character, who would it be and where would you go?
3. What are some ways you plan your stories?

Eq0OyLb.png

this stuff i've written. [15+] whoa, questions. [12+] erm, a gallery [15+]

NaNo mum to a bunch of cool fruit loops.

#12 awesomepotter

awesomepotter

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

Sorry I haven't replied in so long, I had a three day dance competition and I've been feeling really ill after that :shy:

randomhpffwriter

1) You've written two stories, and they both look completely different from each other. Which one was easier to write?

Probably my one-shot Desertion. I'm not very happy with my other story, and although I only have one chapter posted I think I might take it down. I find it quite easy to write anger and angst (and whether that says something weird about me, I don't know, but there we go) and, having had no real experience of romance and falling in love before :(  I don't really know how it works, so that comes a lot harder to me to write.

2) Which HP character do you think you're most like and why?

Probably Ginny Weasley - I am very strong-minded, but can be quite shy around people (like she is around Harry to begin with). I am quite a feisty girl

and I tend to do well in a fight - not beating people up, but verbal arguments - who did you take me for? ;)

3) Which is your One True Pairing (OTP)?

James/Lily. I love them as a couple, and both as individuals, but the fact that we don't see any of them in the books - just memories and comments from other characters - makes me love them even more . I'm weird that way - I like the parts of the book nobody writes, the parts where we can use our imaginiations to fill in the details. The Marauders are my favurite era, and the characters just all seem to go well together. James and Lily seem to be truly and deeply in love, and who can't say the don't love a bit of gooey romance? Eh?

4) Which genre do you find the hardest to write?

As I mentioned earlier, out of the ones I have tried writing so far, it's probably romance. I love reading it, but I can't write it very well yet. I'll just have to keep trying :blush:

5) Do you have any favourite authors on this site?

I have a few, but the one I've read the most stories from is MarauderLover7. Their (sorry, I don't know their gender) stories are really amazing to read, and I thoroughly recommend you at least give them a go. I check regularly for updates, and every time I see there isn't one I always get really sad :happy: Their characterizations are fantastic, and they create just enough tension and problems for you to still be interested, but not so many as to keep you confused all the time. Their fanfics contain just the right blend of humour, romance, tension and action to create a wonderful piece of fanfiction.

6) If you could have written any story on the archives (that isn't yours), which one would it be?

Probably "'Till Death Do Us Part " by marauderslover15. I love that story to bits - I find it so entertaining to read, and always keeps me on my toes. However, it's not just the story (sorry, marauderslover15 :shy: ) - I would love to write something that has had such a phenomenal response that hers has had. She has such a talent for writing, particularly in that story (well, to me at least) and I want to be able to improve my writing to the point that people will like my writing as much as I do hers.

7) Butterbeer, Firewhiskey, or Pumpkin juice. If you could try one, which one would it be?

Butterbeer. The way it's described in the books makes me really want to taste it, whereas I've never been one for alcohol and pumpkin juice doesn't sound that appealing to me - although it could be nice I suppose - whereas I've alwaus wanted to try butterbeer.

8) Which is your favourite book in the HP series and why?

Hard question, but I think I'll go for Prisoner of Azkaban. As I've already mentioned, I love the Marauders, and we get to learn a lot about them in this book. I love Sirius as a character, and this is obviously where he is introduced - and then there's the fact that this is the book in which Hermione slaps Draco - how can we not love that? :happy: Quidditch is also featured a lot in this book, as this is the one year when Gryffindor win the Quidditch Cup, and I've always loved imagining myself playing Quidditch - not that I'd likely be any good at it in reality...

Thanks for your questions, and I'm sorry for the delayed response!

Apologies MissesWeasley123, I forgot to include your questions in the above post!

1. What would your advice be to someone who's scared of posting their first fic?
Go for it. The worst people can do is say they don't like it, and even if they do you can learn from that and make sure your next piece is better. Take your time and take care over what you're writing, but eventually you'll just have to grit your teeth and post it. Like I said, the worst people can do is say they don't like it, and whilst this is a little upsetting and disappointing, you can always try again and improve from the last time.
2. If you could time travel with one HP character, who would it be and where would you go?
I'd probably go with Hermione to Marauders era. A little cliche, I know, but I think she'd be able to keep level-headed and stop me from doing anything really stupid :happy: I'd also love to met all the Marauders and Lily - have I mentioned before that I LOVE the Marauders?
3. What are some ways you plan your stories?
I tend to just decide and list the main plot points before I write anything, but I will go into more detail on what's to happen in each chapter as I reach it - I'm not a big one for planning, I prefer to do it as I go along - which is probably a big downfall of mine :shy:

Thanks again for al your questions, it's always nice to see them!

:thanks:

Edited by Aphoride, 12 May 2014 - 05:46 PM.
request

#13 HEG

HEG

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

Hello! Here's some questions:

1. Who is your favourite Quiddicth Player?

2. What genres do you like to write?

3. Who is your favourite HP character?

Enjoy!! :)

Qhp49Cb.gif

:Gryffindor: Bravery in our blood, determination in our hearts :Gryffindor:

Awesome sig by Eleina!! @hpff and tda

#14 awesomepotter

awesomepotter

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:23 PM

Ooh, blimey! I can't believe it's taken me so long to respond! Sorry!

1. Who is your favourite Quiddicth Player?

I have to confess I don't really know any, to be honest *looks shifty and apologetic*.  I'm more of a fan of the HP academia than sports, I confess, so I wouldn't be able to give a good answer. Sorry :shy:

2. What genres do you like to write?

Angsty angst :happy: it just comes more naturally to me to write, as although I am a bit of a hopeless romantic at heart, I do have a bit of a temper on me - so when I write fight scenes I often imagine myself in the position of the characters to decide what they'll say or do next. I prefer to call it "method writing" to make me sound less weird to people, though!

3. Who is your favourite HP character?

Mmm... erm... uh... oh, I don't know! I love pretty much all of them for different reasons! I love Hermione because she sticks by her friends even if, sometimes, they don't fully appreciate her for what she dpes. I love Draco Malfoy because of what he does to protect his family from Voldemort. I love Professor McGonagall because of all the stuff she puts up with from Harry (and for the awesome banter with Umbridge in OotP - that had me punching the air and whooping). I love Molly Weasley for the way she takes everyone under her wing unconditionally, and Sirius Black for the way he never forgets how much he loves his friends and his godson. They're all my favourites in their own special way (except Umbridge - who could love toad-face?!), and I couldn't possibly choose between them all. Bit of a copout answer, I know, but it's the truth!

Thanks for the questions - sorry it took so long to answer!

#15 harrypotterlover1

harrypotterlover1

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

Thought I would stop by with some questions for you! :)

• Since joining would you say you have become more or a writer then a reader, or do you still read more then you write?
  • If you could go to Honeydukes what sweet would you have to try first?
  • What makes you a Gryffindor?
  • How do you go about writing usually, do you make very detailed plans or go with the flow?
  • I saw your idea about Hermione and the music box. I found it really interesting and I would love to read it if you decided to write it. You said it was inspired by The Woman in Black, what else inspires you when you are coming up with ideas? Music/People/Reading etc.
  • I see you have written some Marauders on your Author Page, who is your favourite character from that time?
  • Out of the three Hallows, which one would you rather own?

Hope you have fun answering these!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users