7 replies to this topic

#1 Iellwen

Iellwen

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:40 AM

Hello, hello!!

First thing you need to know: my penname is spelled with a capital 'i', not an 'l/L'. I know it's weird, but it's an old penname and I just couldn't bring it upon myself to delete my old account just to have a different name when I came back to the HPfanfiction world. Yes, I'm a sentimental Slytherin :rolleyes:

Second thing is: I'm French so if you're thinking of adding some lines of dialogs or words in French (or German, incidentally) and aren't quite sure about the accuracy of the translation, feel free to PM me :graduated:

Third and last thing is: my mum often says 'Everyone is entitled to their stupid opinion' and I happen to sometimes have a rather dumb one, so if you feel like you need to have something clarified, please PM so I can explain just how deep in my mouth my foot happened to be at some point :blushing:

Now that I've gotten that out of the way...

Welcome to my Meet the Author Thread and thank you very much for stopping by! :flowers2:

Yes, I know I don't actually need to create a MTA Topic but I've wanted to have my own for a while now. And life is about the little things that make one happy, isn't it? :yahoo:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I promise not to go on a rambling rampage. Not a big one, at least. :rotflol:

And that'd be it, I guess.

:bye:

Stories (12+ to M) Call me Gee  :zorro:  MTA (12+)

Posted Image

sssssuperb sssset by Wistful

:Slytherin:

#2 HeyMrsPotter

HeyMrsPotter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

Hello Iellwen with a capital i! I noticed your MTA page had no questions on it so decided to stop by with some :D

1. It always amazes me how people write so well in English when it's their second language. How do you manage with that? Is it difficult?

2. What makes you a Slytherin? Did you always want to be or was it a sorting quiz that put you in the snake pit?

3. How did you first get into writing fanfiction?

4. What is your favourite genre to read/write?

5. What is your favourite story on the archives?

Have fun answering, and feel free to ramble as much as you like :D

20533at.gif

Banner  and profile image by EmmaWeasley

TBBBWHAPABYHDBWNOHPWHT!

#3 Maelody

Maelody

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:10 AM

I remembered your speed dating entry and how it changed my views on Vernon and Petunia! It was such an amazing feat, that I had to come here to ask you questions! :D

1: You seem to be a pretty big Dramione fan, why is that? Do you really believe this pair has a chance? Or is it the idea of forbidden love? :)

2: What was it like changing it up a notch and writing about not only another set of characters, but Muggle characters at that? Vernon and Petunia to be exact? 

3: If you had to write any other couple, (not Dramione) who would it be over? Would it be more unknown or unexplored couples, or would you try for something more canon? What's your favorite thing about writing stories that aren't canon? Now that you've written something canon, do you prefer it?

Look forward to your answers! :D

4/5 comments on snake MTA threads for Slytherin vs. Gryffindor blackout bingo round two

~My Author's Page(M)/My MeetThe Author Thread(15+)/My Blog(15+) Sig by: Me!~

challenge.jpg

My challenge ~ The Awareness Challenge! (12+) ~ Write For A Cause!

#4 MyMyMiss

MyMyMiss

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:48 AM

Hi there hun - here for blackout! <3 

1: Which of your stories do/did you find the hardest to write? 
2: You're a dramione fan, great! After reading a lot of other dramione's and the creating your own way of telling their story, do you find it hard to stick to the characterization you want? Do you ever stray into another form of Draco or Hermione by accident? 
3: How did you create the amazing plot behind Sweet Madness?

4: Dramione lust - as you yourself said are slight ooc in this beautifully written piece, did you find it easier to write them ooc then in character?
5: which of your stories do/have you found the most enjoyable to write? 

{Stories 15+}

TLEqQzU.png

Set by the amazing anyroad.

#5 Iellwen

Iellwen

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:22 AM

Hey all! Thank you so much for all the amazing questions!!! I'll do my best to answer them!!!

Hello Iellwen with a capital i! I noticed your MTA page had no questions on it so decided to stop by with some

1. It always amazes me how people write so well in English when it's their second language. How do you manage with that? Is it difficult?

2. What makes you a Slytherin? Did you always want to be or was it a sorting quiz that put you in the snake pit?

3. How did you first get into writing fanfiction?

4. What is your favourite genre to read/write?

5. What is your favourite story on the archives?

Have fun answering, and feel free to ramble as much as you like

1. Waaaaah, thank you!! I started learning when I was 9, I think... And from the very first lesson at school to the very last, I don't think I've ever had problems with understanding (a-hum... I did) and loving this awesome language. Though I've had difficulties, yes... And still do... The 'H' for example; luckily for me, I can pronounce 'hungry' and 'angry' correctly... but have me ramble for more than 10 minutes and I'll have difficulties with 'song' and 'thong', for example. I'll be talking about a song for a few minutes and people will think I'm rambling about frisky underwear...
My mum worked with loads of English speaking companies and meeting her colleagues and boss was less awkward when speaking their tongue, so that was also a motivation^^ I'd say the main reason English has become such a huge part of my life would be because I moved to Germany; adding to my family a stepdad and his daughter and none of them spoke French and I didn't speak a word of German... And some kind of broken English to speak to non-french speaking people was very frustrating, not being understood properly and all...

But hey, many years after first learning English, I still have difficulties finding the right words sometimes, or the right expressions... And I sometimes even mix them up, use the wrong word at the wrong moment... Recently, I used 'it upset me' as a means to say 'it rattled/surprised me', for example. I spent a whole day doing it (orally in RL or in written form here in the forums^^) and a bunch of people misunderstood me - I'm just glad one was kind enough to point it out!! ^^

2. Slytherin... I have to admit that, for a while, I thought I was more of a Ravenclaw... But as the years went by, I've accepted my true nature as a snake and I'm damn proud of it. :D Before choosing for this site, though, I took a few sorting quizzes (I think I must have taken about 5-6 and some more than once) and those just confirmed I'm a Slytherin through and through.

3. Fanfiction: I discovered it through reading some! This website is the only HP fanfiction site I've ever bothered with since it's just the best :blushing:  I can't really remember why I started writing some, but I can guess... ^^ Harry Potter were the first books & movies I read & watched both in French (until I knew them by heart. I'm not kidding; I could repeat every word from the 1st movie... Like a parrot) and English so that must have played a big role in my choices...

4. That's a toughie... I usually go for Action/Adventure, I guess as I'm not really that good with emotions and writing about them... I guess I really enjoy writing humor, too... Oooh, I don't know what I prefer... I guess it's really a mood thing... :yes:

5. I'm afraid to answer this one because there are so many stories I just loved, adored and read over and over... But the immediate answer that popped into my head was Aperkins' one and only Dramione  (M)... As a Dramione fan, you start reading the story clenching your tomatoes close to you to hurl as the summary implies you will, then you forget it's a Dramione bashing and just let it take you away some place insanely fun! I definitely recommend it for a really good laugh!

Thank you so much for christening my thread and the great questions!!!

I remembered your speed dating entry and how it changed my views on Vernon and Petunia! It was such an amazing feat, that I had to come here to ask you questions!

1: You seem to be a pretty big Dramione fan, why is that? Do you really believe this pair has a chance? Or is it the idea of forbidden love?

2: What was it like changing it up a notch and writing about not only another set of characters, but Muggle characters at that? Vernon and Petunia to be exact? 

3: If you had to write any other couple, (not Dramione) who would it be over? Would it be more unknown or unexplored couples, or would you try for something more canon? What's your favorite thing about writing stories that aren't canon? Now that you've written something canon, do you prefer it?

Look forward to your answers!

4/5 comments on snake MTA threads for Slytherin vs. Gryffindor blackout bingo round two

I know we clarified that bit already but I feel like I still have to point it out so as to properly credit; I didn't take part in the speed dating but Vernon's Story is being written for Blondebehaviour's Canon Craziness Challenge ^^

1. I'm a hardcore Dramione fan! ^^ I actually believe Hermione and Draco truly have a chance; I'll do my best to prove my point through out my writings ^^

The forbidden love part is kind of fun at first and in some context, but I'm a sucker for a real, honest romance and I feel Draco & Hermione give a pairing that, after overcoming their past and problems, could achieve a really honest and trusting relationship ^^

Before JKR claimed she regretted pairing Hermione with Ron, I was already against that pairing and pro Dramione. Because I feel Draco is one of the few that can unlock/unleash Hermione's true potential. Even though I like that side of her, she's not just a geeky, nerdy bushy haired girl meant to follow Harry and Ron around, helping them out every single time... I've always felt Harry and Ron were holding her back. Especially Ron.  And it's clear and obvious Harry is not suited for Hermione either; not only are they such close friends they are like siblings!

And Draco is a Slytherin. And Slytherins are awesome ^^ (I mean... Draco has a soft, sensitive side to him, he's not stupid and picks up on emotional and material clues... :shy: )

2. Writing about Vernon and Petunia is really refreshing and weird at the same time. They are Muggles and I'm writing about the time before Harry shows up at their doorstep, so there's officially no magic... And Petunia's character makes my skin crawl, but Vernon is fun to write (somehow) out of canon :yes: And it's always fun to try out new characters; writing about Hannah, for example, has broadened my view of her character and I got to understand the appeal of the Hufflepuff house!

3. For teh tarik's Rare Pairings Challenge, I've gotten Hannah Abbot and Ron Weasley... That's an awesome and interesting change in 'ships! ^^ I'm a big fan of the Severus/Lily 'ship so I might give this one a try when I have a little more time on my hands! ^^

I love stories that aren't canon because it gives the writer free reigns without having to add an OC and can get really interesting. I'm trying to stick to the original personalities but it's not that easy^^ I try to stay canon credible by using the original personalities and traits and stretching them a bit under circumstances, though.

Petunia is very cannon, so her reminding me more and more of a close relative of mine is kind of disturbing....

Thanks for stopping by and the great questions!!!

Hi there hun - here for blackout! <3 

1: Which of your stories do/did you find the hardest to write? 
2: You're a dramione fan, great! After reading a lot of other dramione's and the creating your own way of telling their story, do you find it hard to stick to the characterization you want? Do you ever stray into another form of Draco or Hermione by accident? 
3: How did you create the amazing plot behind Sweet Madness?

4: Dramione lust - as you yourself said are slight ooc in this beautifully written piece, did you find it easier to write them ooc then in character?
5: which of your stories do/have you found the most enjoyable to write? 

1. Definitely 'Closer in Winter'; I'm rewritting it from an old draft (it's abandoned because the way I wrote it is really bad and I deleted the first chapter over the years, but I really like the plot I was going with/for) and it's going to have at least one sequel so it's very complicated for me to write everything in the right order without spoiling too much, too keep particular characters canon and to have others got haywire for credible reasons somehow. So far, the few chapters that are up are merely skins and bones so I can't even say I think it's a good read yet. But I have high hopes for when it's complete  :woot:

2. My first dramione was vastly influenced by the ones I read! And filled with dramione clichés - and not on purpose! Ah-hem I tried editing it but realized it was easier to just re-write it... :rolleyes: I'm trying to make them my own in CiW but I have to say it's sometimes easier to stick to what I know; the basics and the 'accepted' behaviors ^^ But if I knowingly use something from another writer, I properly credit (and I'm open to PMs from authors that feel unproperly credited!), even if it's a pun, an idea or a joke!

3. Aaah, thanks for that!!  I had to do a LOT of research about the Marauders (it's my first story about them), their school years and other students during their time in Hogwarts... For Reebee's Party Gone Wrong challenge, the research went on; I'm not much of a party girl so didn't have much to write about, so I asked around and got some pretty crazy stories - some of them even too mad for an M rated story (or me)! ^^ As I scribbled notes and ideas in my HP notebook, I got a structure for half of the story (the part(s) where things go wrong^^) and I started writing, things fell into place :laugh:

4. Again, thank you for that!! They were definitely easier in ooc; I wanted to keep the setting short and a really good Dramione banter would've gone on and on until they got really angry at each! ^^ It's very freeing to just not care about the original personalities and force your idea on them *hehehe*

5. 'Dramione lust' was definitely easiest to write but most enjoyable... I can't choose!! Sorry^^ I'd feel bad because 3 are for challenges and my 'own' WIP is sometimes a bit hard to write...

Thank you so much for stopping by and the great question!!!

Thank you all so much for stopping by, I had loads of fun answering all of your awesome question!!! :hug:(I blushed and giggled a lot^^)

Edited by hermione006, 09 March 2014 - 04:06 AM.
Personal information

Posted Image

#6 BLONDEbehaviour

BLONDEbehaviour

New Blood in the Queue

• Validator
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:55 AM

Hiya!! This is my little "I'm so sorry i took so long to review and put up the results" MTA!! Hope you enjoy it :)

1. Your French, which I think is so so cool! Deffs coming to you for any translations :D How do you go about writing your stories in English? Has it taken you a lot of practice? Because your english when writing is great!

2. What do you draw inspiration from?

3. If you were to teach at Hogwarts, what would you teach?

4. What is it that you like most about writing FF?

5. What would your patronus be?

Enjoy!! :D

QiLjOhD.gif

Awesome Gryffindor set created by Elenia @HPFF/TDA

Authors Page: (M) 

#7 Iellwen

Iellwen

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:46 AM

Hiya!! This is my little "I'm so sorry i took so long to review and put up the results" MTA!! Hope you enjoy it

1. Your French, which I think is so so cool! Deffs coming to you for any translations How do you go about writing your stories in English? Has it taken you a lot of practice? Because your english when writing is great!

2. What do you draw inspiration from?

3. If you were to teach at Hogwarts, what would you teach?

4. What is it that you like most about writing FF?

5. What would your patronus be?

Enjoy!!

Grace, what a thoughtful touch! Thank you!! :blushing:

1. :happy: No probs, looking forward to it :) Aww, thank you! The way I go about writing my stories in English is apparently thousands of times better than the way I go about writing in French because by now, it feels easier and better :rotflol: English is a language I started learning orally before anything else; through listening to conversations, speeches, songs, watching movies with subtitles etc... All the practice I needed I mostly got at school, though; I had wonderful teachers and got to write many essays about various things (even sang Beatles songs, hehe) and get the correction so I could learn from my mistakes, so that definitely was a plus^^ 

Like a sponge, I absorb whatever I'm given, losing some along the way but always gaining something new, sometimes regaining something old (sometimes borrowing something blue?hehe). But I'm also a parrot in many ways; I sometimes complicated write words and expressions I've heard before reading them or words I read and remembered without fully understanding them but gathering enough info from the context to understand the idea... I usually know what I'm writing, though. Sadly not always. ^^

Definitely took a lot of practice (I can't write just how many years exactly cuz that counts as personal info ^^)!

2. This is such a huge question! Music plays a big role, especially instrumental or sometimes classic music. Reading a smaller one, watching a bigger one. "Meditation" helps a lot - a lot of thinking, finding the pieces of the puzzle. I sit and stare at stuff, thinking of personalities, actions and reactions. I have a notebook just for HPFF ideas, with tons of lists about characters, Houses, Years and miscellaneous details that I've scribbled down over the years. It's like my own HarryPotterWki, on paper; really useful ^^

For some difficult decisions, I sometimes cheat inspiration and use dice :cool:

3. Definitely Potions. Snape's attitude towards the class always bothered me; it's such an awesome subject!

4. Having the background, settings and most of the story already set. The world, the characters and all the history is already there, already exist... It's definitely easier than OF (especially mine :twitch: ) and it takes a load of the pen :D

5. A raccoon. Or maybe a parrot :rolleyes:

Thanks for the questions! And for the Challenge, it was great fun to participate! :hug:

Posted Image

#8 Infinityx

Infinityx

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

I've got some fun questions for you!

1. If you could change just one thing in the HP books, what would it be?

2. Which character from the books would you want to be and why?

3. Which character would you want to date and why? 

4. Who do you think would be your best friend in JK's HP world?

5. If you could be one magical creature, which would you want to be?

Lovely set by visenya@TDA

sig_zpse362c0ab.png

Author Page (M) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iellwen, mta, slytherin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users