Hello hello! -waves-
1. How do you keep track of the ways in which your stories are linked together? Do you ever find yourself forgetting details and making the odd mistake?
2. What's your main source of inspiration for your fics? Especially the AU ones.
3. You write a few AU fics, is there a particular reason you like to go non-canon?
4. What best describes your writing style?
5. How do you go about creating the characters in your fics? Do you have to create a character fact sheet, for example?
6. How did you come about writing fanfiction?
Hello *waves back*
Firstly, may I apologise for taking so long to answer. I haven't been around much until recently so have only just found this. I do my best to answer your questions the best I can.
1) Weird as I may sound, I've read through them quite a bit as I find it gives me inspiration and helps me get into the right frame of mind to write and keeps things in my memory. But yes, I do (last night I even forgot the title of one of my fics!!!). I try and keep it all together but I'm sure I slip up- never mind people pointing it out though
2) I get inspiration from all sorts of places; songs that remind me of certain characters, snatches of conversations I might overhear, things I read. Or sometimes an idea will just randomly pop into my head. I love starting off with a bit of dialogue or a small idea and seeing where the characters go, cheesy as it sounds they sometimes have a life of there own.
3) I like to go non canon just because writing the canon fics made me so sad, having to kill of my favourite characters; so it's my way of giving them a life without the troubles of canon. I find it so much fun to write.
4) Hmmm dialogue heavy, angsty, funny, random (on occasion). I would like to say unpretentious but I don't know how true that is.
5) In all honesty, I just write. I don't plan as such, I just see what happens- as I say, I let the characters form themselves. The best example of this, ironically, was writing my Canon sequel (so I was struggling to fit my story around the events of the novels) and, without me planning it, one of my characters (canon but won't say who in case of spoilers) walked in without me planning, which almost entirely altered what I had in mind for that part of the story. I just went with it and was really pleased with the result. The character of Terese I had in my head once I read OotP for the first time- I'd never even heard of fan fiction then so I had no outlet for her. I think I manage to unintentionally (mostly) base characters on people I know. Terese definitely has aspects of me in her, and another one of my characters seemed to have based themselves on one of my siblings.
6) It's a bit random really. I was on the train when my nephew (who was about 6 at the time) rang me to ask me what the spell for a shield charm was. I couldn't remember so told him I'd look it up when I got home. I found a site with some fan fiction on and thought 'I could do this' and started out writing 3 one shots which are variations/a summery of my stories on here. I then found HPFF and read a couple of stories which encouraged me to go one step further and the rest, as they say, is history
I hope this has answered your questions; if not please feel free to ask more. And sorry again for the delay in repying xxxxx