12 replies to this topic

#1 missatron

missatron

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

Hi I'm HEG, feel free to ask me any questions about my stories/writing or something else you're interested in! :happy:

MISSY

1tfcwLl.png

| my stories {M} | my mta {12+} |

sig and icon by my Secret Santa

#2 stargazer

stargazer

The Sneaky One

• Prefect
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

Hello and welcome to the MTA area. Please don't forget to post in the the new mta thread to have your thread added to the masterlist. If you ever need anything changed just make a post in the edit/delete topic pinned at the top of this section. If you have any questions feel free to send me a pm. :)

you may call me krys. aka: the sneaky snake

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

{tda}~{hpff}~{mta} < 12+

icons by littleoddities@lj

#3 Iellwen

Iellwen

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

Hi HEG! :happy:

1. I loved your one-shot 'My Last Leg'. :woot: [thanks again for explaining the title, btw^^] Did you often think about Dobby as a character before unwrittencurse's Last 24h Challenge?

2. 'Siriusly Dead', for Rumpelstilskin's Murder Mystery Challenge. Do you already know who the real culprit is or are you deciding on it as you write? :whistling1:

3. What inspired you to write 'Albus and the Sapphire of Slytherin" and it's sequel, 'Albus and the Lost Riddle'? :)

4. 'A Druid's Story' was a nice idea; what made you want to write about druids? And Pyrrha in a Druid's Story is Voldemort's daugther ; what inspired you to write about her?

5. And why did you mark it as abandonned after only one chapter (if you don't mind me asking) ? :ohmy: 

:bye:

Stories (12+ to M) Call me Gee  :zorro:  MTA (12+)

Posted Image

sssssuperb sssset by Wistful

:Slytherin:

#4 missatron

missatron

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

Hi lellwen ;)

1. I loved your one-shot 'My Last Leg'. :woot: [thanks again for explaining the title, btw^^] Did you often think about Dobby as a character before unwrittencurse's Last 24h Challenge?

:thanks: Thank you! Well actually Dobby has always been my favourite character so I was sad when he died. When I saw unwriitencurse's Last 24 Hours Challenge, I thought, 'this is interesting, what should I do for this?'

And then I thought of Dobby as he is my favourite character. He has a very interesting voice and my idea was that he would think in a different way than he talked - more like a normal person :)

2. 'Siriusly Dead', for Rumpelstilskin's Murder Mystery Challenge. Do you already know who the real culprit is or are you deciding on it as you write? :whistling1:

This is an interesting question :0. The answer is, in a way, no. I mean I do have an idea (I have 2) but I've not yet decided on which one would be better. Of course I can't tell you because that would ruin the suprise. Often when I'm writing stories I have no idea where I'm going with them Some people like to plan the whole thing out (like JK Rowling) but I'm the opposite. I don't really like sticking to the plan and in one of my stories I did a plan (Only Witches And Wizards Can Ctach) but I completely changed it whilst writing .

3. What inspired you to write 'Albus and the Sapphire of Slytherin" and it's sequel, 'Albus and the Lost Riddle'? :)

Well the inspiration for my first book (Albus Potter and the Sapphire of Slytherin) came from, well I was going to write about Dementors and a stone but I changed my mind because I didn't know how to link it in to a next gen story.  Then I thought a bit on the Founders and I really wanted to link them in somehow. So eventually I came up with the idea of Albus Potter and the Sapphire of Slytherin. The idea from the second book came from a riddle and joke book. I know it's weird! :happy:

4. 'A Druid's Story' was a nice idea; what made you want to write about druids? And Pyrrha in a Druid's Story is Voldemort's daugther ; what inspired you to write about her?

I wanted to write about druids because it would be different from witches and wizards. I thought it would be good to show the differences and say what powers they have. The other question has no answer really, I just wanted Voldemort linked in.

5. And why did you mark it as abandonned after only one chapter (if you don't mind me asking) ? :ohmy:

:cool:I marked  it as abandoned because I had no ideas left and I didn't know how I was going to fill out a whole novel. I did write about seven or eight chapters on paper but since I've stopped writing them down, I didn't see any point in posting them I suppose

Hope I've answered all your questions :)

HEG

MISSY

1tfcwLl.png

#5 BLONDEbehaviour

BLONDEbehaviour

Follower of the Divine Dramione

• Validator
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:38 AM

Hiya!! This is my little "I'm so sorry i took so long to review and put up the results" MTA!! Hope you enjoy it :)

1. What inspired you to join HPFF, and then write for it as well?
2. WHat do you enjoy better, reading or writing/ or both?!
3. Do you have a fave story of yours?
4. Do you write Original fiction, or have looked into it?
5. What would be your fave subject at Hogwarts?

Enjoy!! :D

gsmarcher.png

Authors Page: (M) 

#6 missatron

missatron

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

Hi! here goes...
1. What inspired you to join HPFF, and then write for it as well?
Well, I had just finished reading the HP books and I wanted more! So I wanted to write like another series and that's where HPFF came along, where I could both read and write next generation (which is my favourite :graduated: )
2. WHat do you enjoy better, reading or writing/ or both?!
Definitly writing - without a doubt. I only read somethig that really grips me. At the moment I am reading an amazing fanfiction by Karou_Marauder which is so exciting and I would recomend it to you :clap:  
3. Do you have a fave story of yours?
One that I've written myself? Ok then, it used to be Only Witches and Wizards Can Catch but now its probably James Potter and the Dark Lord's Trail. If it isn't one that I, myself, have written then probably Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I loved that one   :muaha:

4. Do you write Original fiction, or have looked into it?
Sometimes but it has never been published.

5. What would be your fave subject at Hogwarts?

Quidditch (if you could call it a subject) :wacko: and I would be a chaser!

Thank you :26:  :bunny:  :34:  :viannen_15:

MISSY

1tfcwLl.png

#7 HisPirate

HisPirate

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:07 AM

Hi! I've seen you around the forums and wanted to say hi after reading a few of your fanfics! 

1. I loved My Last Leg, what inspired you to write that? 

2. Who character in the HP world do you think you'd like to write about that you haven't in the past?

3. What's one thing you would change about the HP movies? 

#8 missatron

missatron

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:44 PM

1. I loved My Last Leg, what inspired you to write that?

Thank you :wub: ! Well, basically, for a bit, I kind of had an obsession with Dobby so when I heard about a challenge where you had to write about the past twenty four hours before a chracter's death, I jumped at the chance. That's it really. Glad you liked it :p
2. Who character in the HP world do you think you'd like to write about that you haven't in the past?

Erm ... That's a tricky one ... Probably Fred and George Weasley because they're such lively characters with big personalities.
3. If you could change one thing in the Harry Potter movies what would it be?

No doubt. Dobby dying.

Thanks for your questions :D

MISSY

1tfcwLl.png

#9 nott theodore

nott theodore

nott a prefect anymore

• 674 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:16 PM

Hello! :jazzy: Here to drop off some Gryffie Christmas presents!

1. Where did you get the idea for your novel from?

2. What's been the biggest challenge in writing a novel?

3. What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses in writing?

4. In your novel, who is your favourite character to write?

5. What are your top three favourite stories on the archives?

6. Is there one character that you'd love to write about but haven't yet?

7. Is Albus Potter and the Sapphire of Slytherin your head canon for next generation?

Merry Christmas!  :xstuck:

spyh5u.png a9vh3o.png 2agtbfp.png

Christmassy icons by shalowater@lj

my stories [12+] my mta [12+]

#10 missatron

missatron

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:14 AM

. Where did you get the idea for your novel from?

Erm ... I think my brother told me to write something about Slytherin so I thought up 'Albus Potter and the Sapphire of Slytherin'. To be honest though, I don't know whether I will be continuing APatSoS because it is an old story and as I've been having a read over, I've realised that it isn't that good.

2. What's been the biggest challenge in writing a novel?

Probably sticking at it. I mean, it's all very easy when you start the first few chapters but then soon you want to go off and start another WIP or a oneshot. Is that just me ...?

3. What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses in writing?

My biggest weakness is probably describing things because I always seem to struggle when it comes to a description in a chapter. I'd say that speech is my biggest strength, but saying that, isn't speech easy for everyone? I always enjoy writing dialogue but sometimes I get a bit carried away.

4. In your novel, who is your favourite character to write?

Rose. Definitely Rose. That's why I'm starting a new novel with her as the main character! I'm so excited for it to be validated.

5. What are your top three favourite stories on the archives?

These aren't in order by the way: :)

1. Ronald's Box by Akussa (15+)

2. The Fred Weasley Memorial Scholarship by Ravenclaw333 (M)

3.. Jigsaw by nott theodore  (M)

6. Is there one character that you'd love to write about but haven't yet?

James Potter (both Marauder and next gen). Ooh! And Fred and George Weasley!

7. Is Albus Potter and the Sapphire of Slytherin your head canon for next generation?

No, probably not. I like changing things up a bit.

Thanks for the questions and Merry Christmas!

:129: 

Edited by HEG, 13 December 2014 - 07:17 AM.

MISSY

1tfcwLl.png

#11 TidalDragon

TidalDragon

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:27 AM

Howdy Missy! Here for our task and you're the first Gryffie in the 'Recently Updated' sort of MTA threads. Plus, I feel like I owe you some questions anyway...

1. Albus Potter and the Sapphire of Slytherin is naturally set in the Next Generation. What do you enjoy most about writing in that era?

2. In that same story, you introduce a "game" put on by the Ministry called "The Four Sectors". What drove you to want to create your own such event (different from the Triwizard Tournament)? What has challenged you the most in creating it behind the scenes?

3. You made the bold decision to place Scorpius Malfoy in Gryffindor. What was behind that?

4. You write predominantly shorter chapters. Do you feel that fits your writing style better or is it down to the plot of your stories?

5. What type of scene that was written in canon have you never written, but would love to if it fit your story (i.e. duel, Quidditch, class, or a specific setting, etc.)? What type of scene from canon would you never want to write about?

Hope you enjoy these!

FREE REVIEWS (12+) | ASK ME ANYTHING (12+) 

minimalist_hc_sig_zpsc94753f5.png

EVOLUTION (M)  |  STARVING ARTISTS (12+)  |  APOGEE (M)

#12 randomhpffwriter

randomhpffwriter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

Hello Missy :happy: Here are some questions for you!

1) How often do you write?

2) What are some of your headcanons?

3) Who is your favourite NextGen character to read and write about, and why?

4) Do you listen to music while you write? If yes, what kind of music?

5) What are some of the influences on your writing?

Have fun with these! :)

ivv5uu.jpg

NaNo Mum to: Sian, Lauren, Isobel, Nicole, Jenna and Alishya
NaNo daughter of: Sian, Lauren, Nadia, Nicole and Isobel
|Word Count: 13,946/25,000| Set by Alishya|

#13 missatron

missatron

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:04 AM

1. Albus Potter and the Sapphire of Slytherin is naturally set in the Next Generation. What do you enjoy most about writing in that era?

The thing I enjoy most about next gen, is that it naturally continues Harry's adventures as a wizard, only now they're Albus'. I also think it is easier the write because you've read the Harry Potter books and well...you know what could happen in them. 

2. In that same story, you introduce a "game" put on by the Ministry called "The Four Sectors". What drove you to want to create your own such event (different from the Triwizard Tournament)? What has challenged you the most in creating it behind the scenes?

Well I thought that it would be good if Albus wasn't just going through school as an ordinary student, but fell into trouble innocently - just as Harry had. I also thought it would be good to come up with different, exciting events in the games and decide who wins and loses. What challenged me? Er ... probably developing it and describing it clearly. I was worried that no one would have  a clue as to what was going on.

3. You made the bold decision to place Scorpius Malfoy in Gryffindor. What was behind that?

I didn't want to put him in Slytherin. People do change. I also thought it would be good if him and Albus had a flickle friendship with each other and that would work best with Scorpius in Gryffindor. There wasn't really much behind the decision, to be honest. 

4. You write predominantly shorter chapters. Do you feel that fits your writing style better or is it down to the plot of your stories?

I think that I'm just impatient to begin a new chapter and ideas come quicker. I have begun to lengthen my chapters to around 2000 - 3000 words, though. I'd say it fits both better because I'll have more ideas for the plot of my story and more inspiration for my writing style.

5. What type of scene that was written in canon have you never written, but would love to if it fit your story (i.e. duel, Quidditch, class, or a specific setting, etc.)? What type of scene from canon would you never want to write about?

The one where Umbridge makes Harry use the quill to write his lines which engraves the words in his hand. I'd love to write that scene. And I wouldn't like to write a Quidditch match - they're hard to follow when you're reading about them. I would prefer score updates! :D

1) How often do you write?

About once a day. Sometimes I can't find the time so when I have ten minutes away from sports, I quickly get 100 words in!

2) What are some of your headcanons?

Erm ... I don't really have any, I don't think.

3) Who is your favourite NextGen character to read and write about, and why?

Rose. I like her (just as I liked Hermione) because you can make her ridiculously sensible and goody goody. 

4) Do you listen to music while you write? If yes, what kind of music?

No. If I ever listen to music, I always end up getting distracted and only writing a word. I would love to, but no.

5) What are some of the influences on your writing?

Other fanfictions, books, flims, music. Anything really! :)

Thanks guys for your questions! I enjoyed them :)

MISSY

1tfcwLl.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users