7 replies to this topic

#1 jessicalorewrites

jessicalorewrites

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

Hullo! Welcome to my meet the author page. Should you have any questions about my writing, routine or about simply anything, feel free to ask this here. I will try to answer everything as soon as possible!

~ sig set credit to milominderbinder @ TDA ~

milominderbinder.png

hpff || nano novel nest || blog

{first links 12+, blog rated mature}

#2 potterfan310

potterfan310

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

Hi :bye:

I've yet to read your story but it's on my to-do-list! :happy:  Few questions,

1) Favorite era to read or write?

2) Favorite (Or top 5 if you can't pick 1) story on HPFF?

3) James Potter or James Sirius Potter?

4) Who is your favourite character out of the whole series?

5) If you could ask JK one thing what would it be?

6) Where do you tend to write the most?

x_Sophie_x

2r2m35t.png

Stunning Sig Set by milominderbinder @ TDA!

HPFF(15+) MTA (12+)

#3 jessicalorewrites

jessicalorewrites

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

Hey! Thanks so much, I hope you enjoy the fic once you get round to reading it :)

1. Next Gen definitely! I think it's because I'm very canon-orientated so next gen fics give me more to read/write about because there are so few canon facts about the era.

2. Delicate by padfoot4ever is one of my absolute favourites. It inspired me to write my own pregnancy fic.

3. Oh gosh, don't make me choose! I'm afraid I'm going to have to go James Potter Senoir!

4. Ginny Weasley though I really love the idea of Rose too.

5. I'd ask her how she possibly managed to persevere through writing seven novels of such an incredibly length.

6. I tend to write the most in my bedroom as I have a lot of privacy there and I can listen to music too. I don't really write very well if people that might oversee what I'm writing are about. However, I've recently bought a notebook and I'm trying to train myself to write my ideas down in the book/write out chapter drafts in that for when I'm on the go.

Also I would just like to say that I absolutely adore your fic 'unexpected parenthood'! It's one of my faves x

milominderbinder.png

#4 nott theodore

nott theodore

nott a prefect anymore

• 616 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

Hi, Jess!

1. What was your approach when it came to planning Snakes and Ladders?

2. Did you do any sort of research before you started writing it?

3. How would you describe your writing style?

4. Do you prefer first, second, or third person narratives?

Posted Image

Set by anyroad @ TDA

my stories [12+] my mta [12+]

#5 TidalDragon

TidalDragon

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:54 AM

Howdy Jess! I have some questions for you!

1. In Love in Transit, you take on Percy's future wife Audrey, making her a Muggle. What was the toughest part of writing her? What was the easiest?

2. What makes you believe Audrey is a Muggle?

3. If you had to compare yourself to a Quidditch ball, which would you choose and why?

4. What's your most prominent Gryffindor strength? Weakness?

5. What made you decide to tackle teen pregnancy in Snakes and Ladders?

Hope you have fun answering! 

THE REVEAL YOUR SECRETS CHALLENGE WINNERS

The Letters to No One (M)      |           Empty Promises (15+)       |                   Nym (15+)            

open_door_zps061489eb.png ruins_zps83d2a57e.png broken_man_zps1513cdb0.png

PHOTO CREDITS TO RICHARD CROFT, STEPHEN BETTS, & PDPICS @ PIXABAY

#6 jessicalorewrites

jessicalorewrites

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

Gargh, I never realised I had some questions left unanswered in here! I so rarely check it. Oops! Anyway, I'll answer Sian's first and then yours Kevin :happy:

1. What was your approach when it came to planning Snakes and Ladders?

Hm, I have to admit that I'm not much of a planner in terms of plot. I have an overarching thing, point A and point B but I usually struggle to get between the two. Mostly I try to plan a couple chapters ahead of where I am in terms of writing but of course there are some things in the story that I have known are going to happen from the very beginning. And others have changed when I've come to actually write them. However with pointless details I am a master. I have class schedules and a timeline all mapped out on excel so I know exactly what I'm doing! I'm a little of a perfectionist at stuff like that.

2. Did you do any sort of research before you started writing it?

Loads. Absolutely loads. I wanted to make sure my portrayal was as accurate as possible and since I've never been pregnant myself, Google was my saviour. On an excel document (again) I have a week-by-week pregnancy timeline set out which I have symptoms, plot points, dates etc so I stay on track with where Emilia is in the pregnancy and what she'll be experiencing/needs to do to make sure she's in good health.

3. How would you describe your writing style?

Ooh, this is a difficult one. I've been told it's very controlled and up-front in part, but I also have a tendency to flare it out with imagery and metaphors in other places. I'd say this is quite an apt description.

4. Do you prefer first, second, or third person narratives?

It absolutely depends on the feel of the story. If it's humour, I usually only go with first person perspective but anything else I don't mind reading third person instead. Second is reserved for reflective, heart-wrenching fics in my opinion. I've read great stories from all narrative points :)

-----------------------------------------------

1. In Love in Transit, you take on Percy's future wife Audrey, making her a Muggle. What was the toughest part of writing her? What was the easiest?

Oh this is a good one. I'd say the toughest part was trying to make her quite easy-going and not over doing her character. I didn't want her to be overly flouncy or anything 'special' so to speak, just an ordinary down-to-earth girl. The easiest was her friendship with Nicole -- I loved writing those parts! The two just flowed really well together which made it easy to write.

2. What makes you believe Audrey is a Muggle?

Ooh, I read a headcanon on Tumblr once - I think - which suggested Audrey could be a Muggle and since then I've never gotten it out of my head. Part of my own reasoning, which I've developed over the years, is that Percy wanted someone who didn't know about his family or his negligence at being there for them. I sort of explore this a little in LIT.

3. If you had to compare yourself to a Quidditch ball, which would you choose and why?

A Quaffle because I'm kind of lumpy  :rotflol:

4. What's your most prominent Gryffindor strength? Weakness?

I always wanted to be a Hufflepuff but realisticly sorted myself into Ravenclaw. However, after joining Pottermore I became a loyal Gryffindor. For a while I couldn't decide why but I eventually realised that even though I might not show great acts of bravery, I am unafraid in many other, more subtle ways. I also strongly believe in chivalry ;) As for a weakness I'm not very bold, I will admit. Except perhaps behind a computer screen. IRL I'm very timid around strangers  :shy:

5. What made you decide to tackle teen pregnancy in Snakes and Ladders?

Even though it's a popular trope in fanfiction writing, I wanted to write about it because I'd read many, many, many unrealistic teen pregnancy fics. I decided that if I could offer up a slightly more believable alternative that would be great. Also, I mean, who hasn't read and been inspired by padfoot4ever's Delicate? ;)

Thanks for the questions, both of you! I had fun answering them  :give_rose:

milominderbinder.png

#7 nott theodore

nott theodore

nott a prefect anymore

• 616 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:04 PM

Hi again, Jess!  I had to stop by after reading the latest chapter of Snakes and Ladders!

1. Are any of your characters inspired by real people?

2. In the latest chapter, you drop a bit of a bombshell - how do you feel when you're writing things that will surprise your readers?

3. Did you always plan to highlight how many weeks pregnant Emilia was in each chapter?

4. Who's your favourite character in Snakes and Ladders?

5. Why did you choose Snakes and Ladders as your title?

Posted Image

Set by anyroad @ TDA

my stories [12+] my mta [12+]

#8 jessicalorewrites

jessicalorewrites

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:50 PM

Seriously need to check this thread more often  :blushing:  Hi! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave these questions

1. Are any of your characters inspired by real people?
Surprisingly not, no. Not that I can think of anyway - except perhaps Kendra, who is as excitable as one of my little sisters haha. Ellis is sort of too, now I come to think of it. He's very similar to a classmate of mine with their exuberant traits but that's it. I usually draw more on my resources of irl people but not here  :happy:

2. In the last chapter you drop a bit of a bombshell - how do you feel when you're writing things that will surprise your readers?
Terrified! Every time I do something untoward I'm scared so much by how the readers might react. Like, what if that bombshell had completely turned people off the story? What would I have done then? Thankfully that doesn't seem to have happened but I remember how fast my heart was beating when I opened the new reviews after it was posted!

3. Did you always plan to highlight how many weeks pregnant Emilia was in each chapter?
You have no idea how many different versions of this story had been posted and changed and reposted and warped again before I finally settled with what I have now. I think at some point I went with just the date as each chapter title (like how I do it in my other wip Collision (M)) but then I realised how much it annoyed me in other pregnancy-fics when I had absolutely no idea how pregnant the character was anymore unless they used social cues with dialogue. It was that that made me realise I wanted to help anyone just as curious as me out a little, so I put it in the title :p also it's good for me when I'm checking symptoms for that week etc online.

4. Who's your favourite character in Snakes and Ladders?
Oh, my. Don't doo this! I really like Ellis's nature and Rose's headstrong ideas but I actually think my favourite is Albus. If he were a real person, I think I'd be in love with him myself  :give_rose:

5. Why did you choose Snakes and Ladders as your title?
After prior titles Positive and then Two Lives (both of which I hated with a passion), I chose this title during a month or so of my life when I was utterly obsessed with the Scouting For Girls song of the same name. So parts of it were revised whilst I was listening to this song and I started linking the lyrics in and realised it fitted quite nicely. If you haven't heard the song you should give it a listen, it's really good  :whistling:

Edited by toomanycurls, 02 October 2014 - 08:53 PM.
Adding rating to link

milominderbinder.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: meet the author, harry potter, mta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users