_badwolf

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:33 AM

Hello

:bye: 

Please ask as many questions as you like!

#2 randomhpffwriter

randomhpffwriter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

Hey :) I shall inaugurate your page!

1) How did you stumble upon HPFF?

2) Do you have an OTP? If yes, which one is it?

3) From where do you seek inspiration when you write?

4) Do you plan your stories, or do you just... err, wing it? :p

5) If you could meet JK Rowling right now, what is the one question you would ask her? (it can be anything!)

That's it for now :)

ivv5uu.jpg

NaNo Mum to: Sian, Lauren, Isobel, Nicole, Jenna and Alishya
NaNo daughter of: Sian, Lauren, Nadia, Nicole and Isobel
|Word Count: 13,946/25,000| Set by Alishya|

#3 _badwolf

_badwolf

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

1) How did you stumble upon HPFF?

2) Do you have an OTP? If yes, which one is it?

3) From where do you seek inspiration when you write?

4) Do you plan your stories, or do you just... err, wing it?  :p

5) If you could meet JK Rowling right now, what is the one question you would ask her? (it can be anything!)

Thanks randomhpffwriter :) It's always fun to do these! 

1. I stumbled upon HPFF when I was in middle school I believe? In 2006! I thought this site was the most amazing place on earth considering there weren't many fanfic sites at the time. One of my friends at the time actually introduced me to it at a sleepover, and it had hooked me ever since!

2. Go ahead and hate on me, but--Dramione. I believe in my little Dramione-shipping heart that they would have been such a lovely couple. They are both incredibly smart and talented, and I think their personalities would have done well together. They would have been the sassiest couple around ;)

3. I try to find inspiration in my own experiences in life, and I don't want to sound vain, but each of my characters (besides canon characters obvi) has a piece of my personality in them. I feel like that's the only way I can write my characters effectively. Some events in my stories have happened to me or someone I know, which makes the story more relatable (I feel like). I would never write a story about something I, myself, have never experienced because then it just wouldn't be believable. Like if someone had really gone through that, they would just think, "That's not what it's like," or "That's not what happens." I'd rather write something my readers can connect with emotionally.

4. I just kind of wrote "Picking Up the Pieces" since it was my first fic. I mean, I kind of had no idea at the beginning what I was going to do, and it definitely shows. The plot moves along so slowly that it almost pains me to read, and I feel like I didn't write it that well because it wasn't planned. But with "Warfare", it was my NaNo novel so I had to plan it out or I would have failed, and I find that even if I don't stick to the plan, it definitely helps me out to do so!

5. If I could ask her one thing... I think it would probably be how her brain works. I mean, look at this whole world that she created! It's so big that us, as fanfic authors, are making up our own stories to her world and adding or changing and she gives us so much to work with. And to create an entirely different world separate from our own that actually attracts people and makes sense is a really amazing feat in my opinion. 

#4 Mahalia

Mahalia

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:43 AM

Apparently annoying you on Skype isn't enough for me! Questions for mah fav author -

1) You have so many main characters for Warfare, all with detailed, interesting backgrounds - how do you keep track of them all?

2) Who would be your favourite character to write, out of all your stories?

3) What individual objects would remind Anaxandra of each of her family members (one object for each)? Why?

4) Penelope's tote bag drops on the floor - what spills out?

Have fun, brain twin! :happy:

'I will not live with a wolf at my back.' - Fenris || set by somuch @tda.

s5e0yd.jpg

rozen_maiden @ HPFF || MTA || Blog (all links 12+)

#5 _badwolf

_badwolf

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:49 AM

Oh, brain twin! That's fine, you're never bothering me! Actually, I think your brain twin sense was tingling, and you secretly know how much I like answering questions :)

1) You have so many main characters for Warfare, all with detailed, interesting backgrounds - how do you keep track of them all?

• Character sheets. So. Many. Character sheets. Sometimes I'll be writing, and I will have completely lost track of my character's personality, so I have to go back and read their character sheet. Most of the time I can remember what their story is and how I want them to act, but if I lost the basis of my character I either bother you on skype to try and help me, or I refer back to my character sheets! Honestly, best invention ever. 

2) Who would be your favourite character to write, out of all your stories?

• That's such a difficult question because everyone is fun to write in their own way. I have a really soft spot for Penelope (Warfare), but Chris is probably my all time favorite in that story because of his fun personality. Then again, Tobin (Pieces) is also really fun to write because he is so sadistic and crazy, that I end up having way too much fun with him. But, I would choose Chris over Tobin, only because Tobin is an enemy in Picking Up the Pieces.

3) What individual objects would remind Anaxandra of each of her family members (one object for each)? Why?

• Knives would remind her of her father. It was one of her father's favorite weapons, and he taught his children tirelessly to master the art of the blade. They are quiet and lethal when used properly, which is the main reason her father was so fond of them. 
  • Any type of flower or herb would remind her of her mother. At their home, her mother had a large garden for them. Since they didn't have much money, she grew herbs and flowers not only for themselves, but to sell to the nearby markets which bought clothes, certain meats, and books. 
  • The rain would remind her of her little sister, Agnatha. When it would rain, she would go outside and play in the mud, although their mother strongly protested it. If they had the chance to lock the doors before Agnatha could run outside, she would sit at the window for hours, just watching the rain hit the glass of the windows and slide down. She would tell Anaxandra that it was her favorite thing to do inside. 
  • Bows and arrows would remind her of her big brother, Anders. Although he was really proficient in knives (thanks to their father), he excelled at archery. By the time Anders was ten, he could easily shoot the bulls eye of a target five meters away. Anaxandra had always been jealous of his talent, and it was during an archery lesson that Anaxandra found out she was a Hunter, when she was able to hear a deer approaching when neither her brother or father could. 

4) Penelope's tote bag drops on the floor - what spills out?

• Basic school supplies--parchment, inkwell, quill, textbook for her next class, homework assignments
  • A hair tie, because when she gets really into her work, she ties her hair in a tight bun. 
  • The notebook where she has all her pranks planned out. It's got tons of colored tabs and loose pieces of paper falling out that she means to organize later. 
  • The key to a very important box in her room (spoilers if I tell what it is!)

#6 ScarletEye158

ScarletEye158

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

Hi! mind if I ask you a few questions? :)

1. How did you become interested in FF?

2. What is your favorite story that you've ever written?

3. Do you have a favorite pairing to write? what about reading?

4. Do you have any plans for any other stories or are you more focused on one of them at the moment?

5. What inspires you when you write?

6. Your story Warfare has a lot of OCs in it. Did you base your characters off of anybody that you know or are they completely made up?

Hope you like answering these! can't wait to hear back :happy:

2wnb5dv_zpsb7e00da0.png

amazing set by Azulive@TDA! <3 

Amanda (12+) | My Stories (12+) | MTA (12+)

#7 _badwolf

_badwolf

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:38 AM

1. How did you become interested in FF?

• I honestly can't remember. I just know that I started with LotR ff, and I stumbled across that when I took a quiz on how much I knew about it. I believe the question was, "How much LotR fan fiction do you read?" And I remember thinking, what the heck is fan fiction? Haha. There's my not so awesome beginning into the obsession that is ff. 

2. What is your favorite story that you've ever written?

• Well, I've only written two haha. The two that are currently on my page. But I will say that Picking Up the Pieces is frustrating, but will always be my baby :)

3. Do you have a favorite pairing to write? what about reading?

• I like coming up with OCs. I'll write anyone with an OC. It gives the ff reader something new to read whilst giving them a world they are already familiar with. And I LOVE READING DRAMIONE. 

4. Do you have any plans for any other stories or are you more focused on one of them at the moment?

• I'm focusing on finishing Pieces, continuing to edit and take care of Warfare, and then start planning and writing Origins of a Nightmare

5. What inspires you when you write?

• Music and video games. Oh, let's not forget my good friend farmgirl (when she's on Skype) and my brain twin :) They're the best. 

6. Your story Warfare has a lot of OCs in it. Did you base your characters off of anybody that you know or are they completely made up?

• I based my characters off of personalities I've picked up while watching internet videos. I follow a few people who play video games and comment on them, and some of their personalities really meshed well together in my mind, so I put it all on paper :) Not only that, but each character has a little piece of me in their personalities, so I can make them easier to write and make them sound more believable. 

Thanks for all the questions! These are my favorite :)

#8 anythingcouldhappen

anythingcouldhappen

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:47 AM

Hi!  :bye:

1. Where did the idea for Warfare come from? 

2. When you're planning a character, is the process different for an OC versus a canon character? 

3. Who is your favorite character to write?

4. If you could meet one of your characters in real life, who would you like to meet? 

5. Do you plan ahead, or just write chapter by chapter? 

Set by the lovely Elenia

QiLjOhD_zps54d92569.gif

My Stories (15+ to M)

BIOBDIOH

#9 _badwolf

_badwolf

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:09 AM

1. Where did the idea for Warfare come from? 

• I was having a conversation with my friend when she mentioned something along the lines of, "It was sad that they only really started bonding before she died." This immediately painted a picture of a girl sitting in the hospital room with her dying mother. But that isn't all that I wanted to write about. I kept having ideas swirling in my mind of having an average looking girl--someone who would be looked over in a crowd--catch the eye of a boy because of the way she acted towards him. She wouldn't fawn over him because he was "James Potter, the Chosen One's son," and that would be something about her that intrigued him. It wouldn't be this perfect fluffy romance right off the bat--it would be this tumultuous friendship/rivalry that started out with a baseline cordiality and dip into competition and then would develop into a unique relationship where they knew each other's flaws and fears. They would experience each other at their highest and their lowest, and would want nothing more than to care for one another by the end of it all. And the romance wouldn't ever take center stage because in real life, other things take priority. That's why each of my characters has their own story. Parental relationships, sibling relationships, romance struggles, academic struggles, familial problems--these are real problems real people deal with. No one's life is perfect and with Warfare, I really wanted to showcase that.  

2. When you're planning a character, is the process different for an OC versus a canon character? 

• They are very similar, but also different? I know, I'm so vague. Well, in Picking up the Pieces, Draco is a main character. And while he still retains a lot of the characteristics of the arrogant boy from the books, he has developed into a man now. And because there is nothing more to go off of after the epilogue, I developed him the way I thought he would. I think it was much easier thinking up how he would be, although both pose their own challenges. Writing a canon character, it must be taken into consideration what has been said in the books and the background information that goes along with it. Those must serve as the backdrop, or else that makes for un-canon-ness. When writing an OC, it is important to come up with realistic traits, and sometimes it can be difficult to come up with flaws for your character. This can make them a Mary Sue, or a Gary Stu, and those can be fun to read, but not for every story. I find that I like developing a character my readers can develops a connection with.

3. Who is your favorite character to write?

• That's a hard question! They're all my babies :) But I have to go with either Anders or Chris. 

4. If you could meet one of your characters in real life, who would you like to meet? 

• Definitely Chris.

5. Do you plan ahead, or just write chapter by chapter? 

• Picking up the Pieces started out as chapter by chapter. It was my first ever ff, and I kind of got over ambitious with it by coming up with this complex plot and these vivid characters, but no writing experience to back them up. My more current chapters may show that, but then I had no sense of pacing, flow, filler details, etc. My last few chapters I have planned, and Warfare has been all planned out. Which reminds me, I will probably write all of Origins of a Nightmare before I start posting it. 

Thanks for all the questions! :)

#10 Iellwen

Iellwen

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:33 AM

Hi there!

1. Do you have any writing pet peeves? :happy:

2. 'Warfare' (yay, I just noticed a new chapter!!) Do you have siblings yourself?

2 1/2. Have you been in a pranking war yourself? :p

3. What's or who is your inspiration for Penelope Sweets (man, I really love her name^^)? She's got quite the load on her shoulders...

4. What made you place her in Ravenclaw?

5. Chris is the best friend possible, is he inspired by one of your friends or entirely made up? :D

:Slytherin: (tee-he)

Edited by Iellwen, 08 March 2014 - 12:34 AM.

Stories (12+ to M) Call me Gee  :zorro:  MTA (12+)

Posted Image

sssssuperb sssset by Wistful

:Slytherin:

#11 _badwolf

_badwolf

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:27 AM

1. Do you have any writing pet peeves?  :happy:

• I'm not so sure what you mean by that. If you mean things that I don't like writing, then no. I love writing always! :)

2. 'Warfare' (yay, I just noticed a new chapter!!) Do you have siblings yourself?

• I have five siblings! Four older brothers and an older sister. 

2 1/2. Have you been in a pranking war yourself?  :p

• No, never haha Although I think it would be really fun to be in one!

3. What's or who is your inspiration for Penelope Sweets (man, I really love her name^^)? She's got quite the load on her shoulders...

• I don't want this to sound vain, but I kind of model Penelope after me, and everything I ever wanted to be. Personality wise, we are very much alike although I have made her her own character too. While I am not in the same situation as her, her socioeconomic place was the same as mine at one point. Many reactions of hers mirror what I would do. I suppose this is the same for all of my characters though. Each of them are a little piece of me that I have just developed into a full character. I think it lends to the realness of my characters.  

4. What made you place her in Ravenclaw?

• She's unique. While her intentions may be brave, we are experiencing this from her POV in most of the story. Penelope has traits of a Gryffie, a Slyther, a Puff, but I put her in Ravenclaw because she's very clever. She loves learning, but she is not brave, she is not cunning, and while she is loyal, I just don't see her fitting into Hufflepuff. 

5. Chris is the best friend possible, is he inspired by one of your friends or entirely made up?  :D

• I do have a very best male friend whom I love so much, but his personality is a little milder than Chris's. I chose to make Chris that way because while I never had many friends, I always wanted a friend who would act like he did. Outgoing, hilarious, loyal. So in a way, he is inspired by my friend and my own thoughts :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users