8 replies to this topic

#1 flameseeker3000

flameseeker3000

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

Hi there! This is the MTA of Karou_Marauder (12+ to M) . I have quite a few one-shots on the archives, as well as some multi-chaptered stories. 

Short Stories: The Barolmeschus Society (15+) (on pause for the moment), and Second Chances (12+)

Novellas: Albus Potter and the New Lord (12+) and its sequel Albus Potter and the Phoenix Song (12+)

Up Next: Unlucky Thirteen (probably M)

Bring on the questions!

Edited by Alopex, 19 July 2014 - 04:02 PM.
request

:: Karou ::

NaNo daughter of lightthecandle and KiwiOliver :: Echoes of the Universe :: 1,063/50,000

Amazing sig and icon by milominderbinder @TDA

25u3ynq.jpg

Author Page (12+) :: MTA (12+) 

#2 MTAfairy

MTAfairy

New student

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

Hi! I noticed your thread was a little lonely and I wanted to brighten it up!

So...

1. What position would you play on a Quidditch team and why?
2. What Trio member is your favourite and why?
3. What Hallow would you like to possess the most and why? (also included: why not the others?)
4. What would your patronus be and why?
5. What would you think of when conjuring a patronus and why?

6. Why did you decide to put Albus II (and consequently his brother) in Gryffindor?
7. Why did you decide to give Albus II a twin brother?

8. Where did you get the inspiration for your story?
9. What are the number one attributes from each house that you would like to have?
10. What are your top 5 favourite spells and why?
11. Why do you enjoy writing fanfiction?
12. Have you ever tried your hand at OF?

13. How did you come by HPFF?

14. What are your top 5 favourite fics on the archives and why?

#3 flameseeker3000

flameseeker3000

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

Ooh thank you! :woot:

1. I think I would play Chaser because none of the other positions seem like something I could do, and I'm good at passing.

2. Ron because he's so funny

3. I would like to have the Invisibility Cloak because being invisible is cool. Bringing people back from the dead is just mean, in my opinion, and I'm happy with the wand I have.

4. Hard one... my Patronus might be an owl because I'm usually quiet and I watch people (not in a creepy way!)

5. I would think of, um, the first time my cat purred. It's the happiest memory I can remember exactly.

6 Well I always knew Albus would be a Gryffindor. It took me quite a while to decide on what house Severus would be in, but once I thought of the ending of the series I knew he'd be a Gryffie.

7. I decided to give Al a twin because I thought that Snape deserved more than just a middle name and as the other Potter kids were named I made up a new one.

8. The story I put online is a mix of two stories. The first chapter is from something I wrote ages ago and the rest is just me thinking, Well what happens next?

9. Gryffindor: chivalry. Hufflepuff: loyalty. Ravenclaw: problem solving. Slytherin: ambition.

10. 1.Expelliarmus because it's the easiest way to disarm someone without hurting them. 2. Accio -it's one of the most useful. 3. Protego (helpful when you're being attacked). 4. Alohomora - I am quite a curious person. 5. Expecto Patronum, for the simple reason that patronuses are cool and you never know when you'll be attacked by a Dementor.

11. I really wanted to know what happened to Albus next, and I was annoyed when JKR said she wouldn't write anymore. So I decided to write my own... it's actually really fun. :)

12. I have, actually. It didn't turn out that well but I've got ideas for some more OF stories that may or may not end up better.

13. I just searched 'harry potter fan fiction' and found this! The Random Story button helped a lot.

14. Ah! I don't know if I've even read five fics... Okay, I'll try. 1. The Puzzling Prattlings of a Pulchritudinous Potions Professor by JuicyJuice. It's the funniest thing I have ever read (so far). 2. Life is Good by Gryffin_Duck. It explains how her characters got their letters and I'm a sucker for backstory. 3. For Want of a Nail by what if. It's a great idea and I like the way the poem-thing fits in to the story. 4. Hey, Fred by hedwidgeon. It's got some great ideas and themes and whatnot. 5. Um... thinking... The Sorting of Albus Severus Potter by SoulofSlytherin. It gives a different spin on the Malfoy-must-be-Slytherin idea and also Albus's thoughts on the Slytherin-or-Gryffindor idea.

Thanks for the great questions!  

NaNo daughter of lightthecandle and KiwiOliver :: Echoes of the Universe :: 1,063/50,000

25u3ynq.jpg

#4 Iellwen

Iellwen

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

Hi there! You might remember me from two of your one-shots... :blushing:

1. 'The Door' was an amazingly creepy one-shot that I loved so much it's one of my favs :woot: What inspired you to write it and use that nursery rhyme?

2. 'James II & Lily II' was a very sweet one-shot. Do you have siblings yourself or did Josette_Phoenix's Siblings Challenge inspire you?

3. Do you feel the Second Wizarding War should've ended differently? :bat:

4. What inspired you to write 'Chance', a song-fic? Did you listen to the song and get an idea or did you get the idea first?

5. I see you're also going for BlondeBehaviour's Canon Craziness Challenge - are you enjoying writing about a different Tom?

:bye:

Stories (12+ to M) Call me Gee  :zorro:  MTA (12+)

Posted Image

sssssuperb sssset by Wistful

:Slytherin:

#5 flameseeker3000

flameseeker3000

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

Hello! I do remember you and your nice reviews! 

1. What inspired you to write The Door and use that nursery rhyme? First off, thank you SO MUCH for favouriting this :flowers2: ! The idea actually came from a drama-play-thing made by some of my friends at school, so some credit goes to them. Obviously, I Potter-fied it and worked on the plot, extended it etc, but the main idea was from a friend.

2. 'James II & Lily II' was a very sweet one-shot. Do you have siblings yourself or did Josette_Phoenix's Siblings Challenge inspire you? Aw, thank you :D.  I am an older sibling so I was being represented by James, even though the story is told by Lily. I basically entered that challenge for two reasons: a) I wanted to take part in a challenge, b) I have a sibling so I know what they're like. :p

3. Do you feel the Second Wizarding War should have ended differently? What a hard question! I think it would be interesting if Voldemort had opted for remorse... I wouldn't change Neviile's part for the world  :wub:. And Fred should NOT have died. That was bad. Other than that, I think it was fine!

4. What inspired you to write 'Chance', a song-fic? Did you listen to the song and get an idea or did you get the idea first? I have a huge long list of What Ifs and Cedric's death is one of the ones I really wanted to write - or re-write, depending on how you look at it. I heard the song on the way home and it just clicked into place. really.

5. I see you're going for BlondeBehaviour's Canon Craziness Challenge - are you enjoying writing about a different Tom? Yes, it was very fun :).  I originally planned to do a cover of his years at Hogwarts but with him nice, but that didn't work out. So I wrote about him changing after the war, and gave it a rather... different ending, shall we say ;). He's so great to write about as a character.

Thank you for the reviews and the questions!    

25u3ynq.jpg

#6 BLONDEbehaviour

BLONDEbehaviour

Follower of the Divine Dramione

• Validator
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:30 AM

Hiya!! This is my little "I'm so sorry i took so long to review and put up the results" MTA!! Hope you enjoy it :)

1. WHat got you interested in HP fanfiction itself?
2. Do you follow any other fanfictions?
3. what do you draw inspiration from for your stories or plot bunnies?
4. Fave subject were you at Hogwarts?
5. What era do you enjoy reading/writing most?

Have fun answering! :D

gsmarcher.png

Authors Page: (M) 

#7 flameseeker3000

flameseeker3000

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:00 AM

Hiya!! This is my little "I'm so sorry i took so long to review and put up the results" MTA!! Hope you enjoy it :)

1. WHat got you interested in HP fanfiction itself?
2. Do you follow any other fanfictions?
3. what do you draw inspiration from for your stories or plot bunnies?
4. Fave subject were you at Hogwarts?
5. What era do you enjoy reading/writing most?

Have fun answering! :D

Hiya! It's totally fine. Thanks for the challenge, it was fun. :)

1. Well. I've always liked writing, and I finished the HP series and got an idea, which I wrote about. I'd never even heard the term 'fanfiction' before, but then I managed to find this site (somehow) and read a few stories. The talent was amazing, so I joined up and posted my story (by then slightly edited). And here I am today!

2. Recently I've begun to think about writing a FAYZ fic (the Gone series by Michael Grant) but I don't follow one quite like I do with HP.

3. Just...everything, really. The Christmas scene in Albus Potter and the New Lord is based on my own Christmases. Songs, things I see, people walking past, conversations I have...OH and History. I've had more plunnies in my History classroom than I've had whilst writing.

4. It's probably a bit cliché by now, but DADA. Either that or Charms (or flying lessons).

5. I love Next Gen stories, people's take on all the new characters. I like the Marauders era too.

Thanks for the questions!! :D

Edit: I want to add that I have seen your review, and the only reason I haven't replied yet is because I haven't had access to a computer for a while :/. I'm typing this on my phone right now. I want to be able to reply to it properly, the way it deserves, and it's hard to do that on a tiny little screen.

Edited by flameseeker3000, 28 March 2014 - 08:02 AM.

25u3ynq.jpg

#8 HEG

HEG

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:02 PM

Hey!! I have a few questions here for you :)

1. What gave you the idea to write about Lord Alpha?

2. How long have you been writing?

3. What are your goals on HPFF

4. Do you have a favourite story on the archives?

5. How many books do you aim to have in your Al Potter series?

Thank you! :thanks:

Qhp49Cb.gif

:Gryffindor: Bravery in our blood, determination in our hearts :Gryffindor:

Awesome sig by Eleina!! @hpff and tda

#9 flameseeker3000

flameseeker3000

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

Hey!! Yay, questions! And OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE STUFF YOU'RE NOMINATING ME FOR I DO NOT DESERVE THIS ARGH :wub:

1. What gave you the idea to write about Lord Alpha?

Erm I don't know? Rubbish answer, sorry. I wrote him a while ago and I honestly cannot remember. Prooooobably something along the lines of "well Voldemort can't be the only evil guy out there I mean look at our world now." But yeah. Sorry, I can't be more specific. 

2. How long have you been writing?

OF - as long as I can remember, quite literally. FF -  less than a year. I first posted here in December 2013 (omg)  and I was writing a little before that. 

3. What are your goals on HPFF?

At the moment, to finish all the challenge entries I owe :p Aside from that, review more and branch out what I read, which is currently Action/Adventure or AU, with only small forays into other genres. 

4. Do you have a favourite story on the archives?

SO. HARD. WHY. MUST. I ANSWER. THIS. I have a lot of stories that I'm following and really like, but if I had to pick one... Gryffin_Duck's Albus Potter series. Her OCs are awesome (I mean, Matt, come on) and her plots are very intriguing (took me five minutes to spell that :p). 

5. How many books do you aim to have in your Albus Potter series?

I'm hoping to get them through school. I have it planned out, but as to whether I'll be able to manage... 

And I'd hardly call them books, haha. More like 'nearly-novel novellas' because I can never seem to hit that 50K mark, though I've come close a few times. (Note To Self: edits and additions?) 

No, thank you! (Also, I'm a she :)

25u3ynq.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users