Photo

Freda_and_GeorginaMeet the Author

mta freda georgina freda&georgina freida&gerogina freda_and_georgina meet the author just another picnic

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Freida&Georgina

Freida&Georgina

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

:signwelcomespin: Welcome to our Meet the Author thread!

Hello! :bye: Freda here to answer any questions you may have for us! Georgina and I have been working on our stories for a while, and we finally have the bulk of them posted now. Yes, Georgina is my real life sister and no, we are not twins. Yes, people ask that sometimes and no, Freda and Georgina are not our real names, unfortunately. ;)

Here’s what we (Freda_and_Georgina) have posted at this very moment: Link to Our Stories(12+, 15+)

Albus Potter and the Stone Mark (15+)
Novella, 28 chapters, mystery
A story about Albus’ third year at Hogwarts. We’ve put a lot of time into this one; and it has inspired several short story spin offs about different characters. You may see this work referenced other (older) places as “AP& the Stone Necklace” or “AP& the Strange Mark”.

Chasing Beauty (12+)
Short Story, 3 chapters, drama/romance
A short story about Dominique Weasley and Dylan Boot (one of our OCs). It’s a romance of sorts, and its plot runs parallel to the novella.
*Contains Spoilers for our Novella*

The Wizarding Life of Ella Green (12+)
Short Story, 5 chapters, general/action/romance
Ella Green is one of our OCs from “Albus Potter and the Strange Mark”. This story includes her perspective on events in our Novella (like the climax!), as well as other events that are not in our Albus novella.
*Contains Spoilers for our Novella*

Soap Is Optional (12+)
Short Story, 4 chapters, Humor
Fred (II) and James (II) are trying to figure out how to ask a girl out, and they need to seek some “girl-help” from one of their female friends.

Give it a Go (12+)
Short Story, 2 chapters, Humor/romance
Rose and Scorpius are both pulled into a blind date, which turns out to be with each other, and when Rose’s cousins find out, they do not take it very well.

The UN-Date (12+)
One Shot, 1 chapter, Humor
A Valentine’s Day one-shot about Dominique’s struggle with Valentine’s Day, and Dylan’s invitation to go on an “un-date” which he organized.

Lily Evans’ Tale (12+)
Short Story Collection, 2 chapters, drama-Humor
Originally a one-shot about the evening (after) Snape uses the unforgivable insult, but now includes another one-shot set later that summer when James decides to visit Lily and shows up at her muggle house.

Just Another Picnic (12+)
Short Story Collection, 14 chapters, Humor
A personal favorite of ours about the next gen kids as kids. There’s a one-shot told from each of the twelve cousin’s perspectives, plus one for Teddy and one for Scorpius.

Life in the Boot Family (12+)
Short Story Collection, 4 chapters, Humor
Similar to our “Just Another Picnic” collection, only with the children of Terry Boot and Susan Bones: Dylan, Amy, Kenway, and Shannon.

Campfire Stories (12+)
One Shot, 1 chapter, Humor
Another story similar to “Just Another Picnic” and “Life in the Boot Family” about the Longbottom, Boot, and Corner children on a camping trip together with their families.

The Creation of a Monster (15+)
Short Story, 3 chapters, action
The story behind the creation of the Quintaped Monsters, and how Renfred managed to make it off of the island alive.

Terry Boot’s Battle (15+)
One Shot, 1 chapter, action
Terry Boot’s telling of the Battle of Hogwarts, and how he ends up running across Susan Bones in her common room.

Founding Hogwarts (12+)
Short Story, 2 chapters, general
Helga Hufflepuff finds out that her strange powers are magic, and makes friends with another witch and two wizards, whom she accomplishes great things with. Unfortunately, their bond only lasted so long.

Beginnings (12+)
One Shot, 1 chapter, general
Our first one shot, about Albus’ first journey aboard the Hogwarts express; fits with our novella about Albus.

Stress-Relieving 101 (12+)
One-Shot, 1 chapter, general
A recently accepted challenge. The muggle studies class organizes a muggle movie night as class project, told from Headmaster Art Kinlan’s perspective.

A Dobby Christmas Story (12+)
One Shot, 1 chapter, general
A story told from Dobby’s view of Christmas at Hogwarts, likely from multiple years. To be written as a gift for our little “Ginny” for her birthday this December.

Coming Soon, aka not posted or ready to be posted:
The Weasley Games, plus other miscellaneous next-next-gen material (12+)
Short Story, and maybe a couple one shots. Not a Hunger-Games crossover.

I think that’s about everything for now. We really only have significant time to write/post during summer and holidays, unfortunately. :( I’ll try to respond to your questions as soon as I can. :ninjavanish:

:thanks: Thanks for stopping by!

Freda & Georgina :sorcerer: :witch2:

Edited by long_live_luna_bellatrix, 03 July 2014 - 02:57 AM.
Requested

"pufftastic" sig by EmmaWeasley

hufflepuffforhousecupanimation_zpsa4dc3c

:Hufflepuff: TBBBWHAPABYHDBWNOHPWHT! :Hufflepuff:

My Stories(12+,15+)My MTA Page(12+)

Albus Potter and the Stone Mark(15+): Complete!

#2 MTAfairy

MTAfairy

New student

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

Hey!
If you could each answer the questions on your own, that would be awesome!

1. What position would you play on a Quidditch team and why?
2. What Trio member is your favourite and why?
3. What Hallow would you like to possess the most and why? (also included: why not the others?)
4. What would your patronus be and why?
5. How do you manage writing with your sister?
6. What would you think of when conjuring a patronus and why?
7. Where do you get the inspiration for your stories?
9. What are the number one attributes from each house that you would like to have?
10. What are your top 5 favourite spells and why?
11. Why do you enjoy writing fanfiction?
12. What are your top five favourite fics on the archives?
13. What is it about Next Gen that you like so much?

#3 Freida&Georgina

Freida&Georgina

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:14 AM

Hey!
If you could each answer the questions on your own, that would be awesome!

1. What position would you play on a Quidditch team and why?
2. What Trio member is your favourite and why?
3. What Hallow would you like to possess the most and why? (also included: why not the others?)
4. What would your patronus be and why?
5. How do you manage writing with your sister?
6. What would you think of when conjuring a patronus and why?
7. Where do you get the inspiration for your stories?
9. What are the number one attributes from each house that you would like to have?
10. What are your top 5 favourite spells and why?
11. Why do you enjoy writing fanfiction?
12. What are your top five favourite fics on the archives?
13. What is it about Next Gen that you like so much?

Ooh yay, questions! Wow, lots of them! (I'll be answering them for both of us, but I talked over them with Georgina a bit first.)
1. We keep changing our minds. To be honest, we both honestly doubt we would ever make the team. Seriously, those bludgers can really do some damage! I know with magic injuries aren't as bad, but my muggle self can't help but shudder.

2. Tough question. I would have said Ron because of the way he interjected humor into the situations, but Georgina preferred Hermione.

3. The invisibility cloak. The others attract trouble. If I was powerful enough to cast a concealment charm on myself just as effectively, I might be tempted by the wand, but I would keep it a secret.

4. Something between an owl or a cat. Probably owl. I think Georgina took an online quiz and got a result like that, and also we feel that that would be about the size of our magical defense capability.

5. The hardest part is finding time to write/edit. Though I'm an hour's drive away eight months of the year now (with little time to spare, often putting all HP on hold), we're still only an email away. The reviewing features on Microsoft Word made editing back and forth SOO much easier. We also planned out most of the story when we were both still at home. We think rather similarly when it comes to the story, except for the rare difference of opinion.

6. Family and friends; fun times with them. That's my assumption, I've never been successful. ;)

7. We pull them from all sorts of places; mostly from the series, but some also draw from parts of personalities of people we know.

8. The invisible question gets an invisible answer. ( :teehee: )

9. Ravenclaw- wisdom, Gryffindor- courage, Hufflepuff- trust worthiness, Slytherin- resourcefulness.  

10. Accio, Lumos, Wingardium Leviosa, Expelliarmus, Stupefy, Expecto patronum-- whoops, that's six. The reason for these is: when we/I pretend the stick I'm holding is a real wand, these are the spells I tend to use.

11. Writing fiction is a really enjoyable way to let creativity flow. Georgina especially had been known to always be writing (that is when she didn't have a book in her hand). That and we also enjoy Harry Potter, and fanfiction combines the two!

12. Oh goodness there's so much out there, and there's so much we haven't even seen! Well, a few we've found and enjoyed reading (/added as favorites) include: Growing Up Weasley (by TenthWeasley), Sky (by Hyenni), Harry and Ginny's guide to Hogwarts (by Harrius_Ginervram_amat), Gryffin_duck's Albus Potter series, and Sausages and Cookies (by momotwins).

13. It's a completely new territory-- where we are able to take the characters and create/find out more about their personalities. Another reason is, when we finished the series we wanted more. Since there really wasn't any more (other than the couple bonus books for charity) we decided to fill in the blanks ourselves, just for fun.

Thanks for stopping by!

#4 MargaretLane

MargaretLane

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

Do you find working on stories together makes it easier or more difficult? Do ye ever argue about how a story should go?

Have ye planned a full series about Albus and his friends or just one main story?

250l56r.gif

Nano Mammy to 1917farmgirl, VioletBlade, AliceDancer orderofthephoenix and Akussa.

#5 Freida&Georgina

Freida&Georgina

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

Most of the time, we find that working together is very beneficial. Typically Georgina is the main writer and I am the main editor, but sometimes I do the original writing.

We very rarely disagree, but sometimes we have different ideas and we usually are able to come to an agreement or compromise.

We only have plans to make one full story/novella, but we do have other ideas for short stories set in the same time period. For example we're working on a short story called "chasing beauty", which is about Dominique and an OC that runs parallel to the Albus novella. We also have plans to write a short story about Ella, another OC from our Albus novella. That one will tell about various events in Ella's Hogwarts career; one of which overlaps the climax of the Albus novella.

Thank you for stopping by! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mta, freda, georgina, freda&georgina, freida&gerogina, freda_and_georgina, meet the author, just another picnic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users