4 replies to this topic

#1 LaDorki

LaDorki

First Year

• Prefect
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

Hello all!

After a very long, very unintended hiatus, I'm back to writing! Or at least I hope I am (and that this thread is not jinxing myself). I have been a part of the HPFF community for almost 10 years, but in recent years my real life has gotten in the way and writing was put on the back burner. I'm hoping that this will be the year I get back into the habit and that you folks will see a lot of new material from me (or at least new chapters for my poor, unattended WIPs).

Last week I posted a new one-shot (Not a Waste of Space - 12+) to hopefully get back in the habit. Fresh chapters for my WIPs should follow soon, and hopefully some more shorter works as well. I'm also hoping to get back into R&Ring (I've been all right on the reading side, not so much reviewing, whoops). 

Wish me luck and feel free to ask me questions. =)

My Author's Page (12+)

My Author's Page (12+ through Mature rated stories)
WIPs: Fair Play (15+), Dead Ringer (Mature), Hearts Made of Fool's Gold (15+)

Meet the Author (12+)
(Avatar by mo0nlightshadow @ livejournal)

#2 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

Hi, I think I'll start your MTA off with some fun questions!

1. What do you like about writing? Dislike?

2. Which authors on the archive do you like most?

3. How do you go on about planning a story?

4. Is there a pairing you despise?

That's all for now! :D Have fun answering :happy:

#3 LaDorki

LaDorki

First Year

• Prefect
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

Awww thanks for keeping me from getting lonely! =P

1. What do I like about writing? It keeps my brain from feeling stale. I work at a pretty dry job, and in my downtime it's nice to have something that takes a little more thinking and creating. I love getting lost in a story, particularly when you discover things about characters or the plot along the way that you hadn't planned. Those are the best moments. Dislike? How much time it takes. As I mentioned before, it's been on the back burner for a long time for me just because it takes so much time. I wish I was one of those people who could pump out chapters and chapters a day, but it doesn't work that way for me. =(!

2. It's funny, my two favourites are the two people I really got to know first from HPFF - Violet Gryfindor and forsakenphoenix beta'd my very first one-shot I posted and I still talk to both of them and still love their writing. I have other favourites but these two are always the first I think of.

3. For a novella or novel, I've got to plot it out either chapter by chapter or month by month in the story. For a Hogwarts era fic, I'd take the school year and plan it by month, rearranging so that the plot is sort of well balanced throughout the year. For anything less than 10 chapters though, I usually don't really plan it too thoroughly and just dive in. For anything longer, I need outlines or I just forget where I was going with things. Sharp, I know.

4. Draco/anyone. Yeah. I have Draco issues. I've never been able to read fics of his and I have issues with his characterisation; I guess I have a specific view of him that often gets ruined and there's a stubborn part of me that won't have it.

Thanks for popping in =)))

Edited by LaDorki, 07 January 2014 - 03:45 PM.

Meet the Author (12+)

#4 BellaLestrange87

BellaLestrange87

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

Hello!

1. Where did you get the idea for Hazy Eyes and Dead Ringer?

2. Which of your stories is your favourite?

3. What's your favourite pairing?

4. On average, how long does it take you to write a chapter?

Have fun answering!

yhegKZQ.png

Stunning set by starcrossedsoldiers @ TDA

Author Page (12+ to M) MTA (12+)

#5 LaDorki

LaDorki

First Year

• Prefect
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:42 PM

Hey, thanks for your questions! Sorry I have been MIA.

1. I don't really remember where I got most of the ideas for Hazy Eyes - I started that fic over ten years ago now. TEN YEARS! I can't believe that. What I do remember is that I started after Order of the Phoenix came out, so it made sense to do a sixth year fic. I was a die-hard Harry/Ginny shipper at the time, so that was another thing I wanted to include. I was also really inspired by Harry's emotional turmoil at the end of OotP, while also being incredibly frustrated with the backlash from fans, especially here in the fanfic world, claiming that Harry was too angsty, etc. I thought it was only natural - Harry grew up neglected, alone, abused, and when he escaped to a world of love and friendship, he was instead repeated faced with chaos and heartbreak. Sirius was his first family that was all his own and I saw this death as a breaking point for Harry. So I really wanted to explore those dark feelings. Dead Ringer goes more in depth into that, into the psychological repercussions of Harry essentially being a child soldier, and how he adapts when he accepts that and takes matters into his own hands. If it ever gets finished, anyway.

2. Watching the Tide is probably my favourite, it has a lot of sentimental value to me as well as being the piece I'm most proud of.

3. Cedric/Harry - I have had a lot of fun defending their dynamic here on the forums in the past (see the Ship section for details har har). I love the volatile side of Harry paired with the steady, patient side of Cedric. However, I've been writing Oliver/Cedric for a while now and they've definitely got a special place in my heart. For cannon ships, I'm Ron/Hermione all the way, no matter what JK says.

4. Weeks. It used to be a couple of hours - I could just sit down and pound it out in one sitting. However, I used to write shorter chapters, and I think I'm pickier now. On top of that, I had a lot more free time when I started fanfic, some ten years ago. So now it takes at least a couple of days, if I really make it a priority, but usually it's much longer than that. :(

Thanks for your curiosity! These are always fun.

Meet the Author (12+)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users