5 replies to this topic

#1 SkitsandBits

SkitsandBits

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:50 AM

Hi everybody... Well, my name is Carla and my name on the archives (and TDA) is BitterSweetFlames.

Don't ask how I got any of my usernames as I am Queen of Random. lol

Anyway, a little about my HPFF history... I've always loved to read fanfiction because I totally

love Harry Potter and to my way of thinking fanfiction was a way to enjoy more of it. I joined HPFF and TDA around the same time in 2006 and I've not looked back since.

I went on a nearly 4 yr. hiatus (so I became inactive in writing in 2009) but it's 2013 and I was in a totally bad place and came back to HPFF and it just made me so happy. And I'm glad to be back just because this site is gorgeous and I hate myself for having left it when I did. The saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder"? 'Tis true. 'Tis very very true.

When it comes to writing, fanfic or otherwise I am more comfortable writing shorts so looking at my Author Page here15+ you will see lots of one-shots or short story WIP's but mostly I tend to write one-shots (I think it's my total inability to commit that hinders my novel-writing). The only novel I've ever completed in my entire lifetime are ones for NaNo and well, anything for NaNo is horrendous. At least in my case.

So, yes, I would love to talk to all of you. :D Just shoot me any question you might have and I'll be very happy to answer. 

Cheers!

--Carla

Edited by SkitsandBits, 21 December 2013 - 05:16 AM.

Please call me CARLA. <3 

R1N9Sxw.png || gZ7bil7.png || ECL1bC5.png

all icons made by moi. BittersweetFlames in TDA and the archives 
author page 15+ || TDA gallery 15+ || MTA12+

#2 ReeBee

ReeBee

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:45 AM

Carla!! I'm here to ask questions...obviously! I was going to do it on my laptop but I cant be bothered... -_-
FIRST! Yay! :D

1. Which character do u enjoy writing? Don't enjoy ?

2. Where did u get the idea for a Hermione/Charlie ship in Wildflowers? It's not a common ship.

3. What about The Perfect Moment? Where did that idea bloom? ( that's about as poetic as I get, bloom)

4. You make banners as well, do u prefer requesting or making your banners?

5. Rose asked me this question and I enjoyed answering it- who would u have tea with (from the hp world) and why?

6. Your favourite Disney character?

I've got to answer your PM! Sorry, Carla! I can't be bothered doing that on my phone!

- Curie <3

Sig and Icon both by patronus_charm @ TDA 

:Ravenclaw: GOOOO RAVENCLAW! :D :Ravenclaw:

sXRIrly.gif

HPFF (12+ to M) | MTA (12+) | Gallery (12+)

#3 SkitsandBits

SkitsandBits

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:15 AM

1. Which character do u enjoy writing? Don't enjoy ?

--- I really like writing most of the women... For example... Hermione, Rose, Victoire, Ginny. They are enjoyable and easy to write. But those I actually LIKE writing are the ones that are interesting like Snape or Sirius but they're harder, really so I love writing them but they're not exactly ENJOYABLE. Get what I mean?
--- As for those I DON'T enjoy I would have to say Harry and Ron. They're just so well-known to us (esp. Harry!) that I don't want to mess them up. I do try but I find it daunting more than anything. :/

2. Where did u get the idea for a Hermione/Charlie ship in Wildflowers? It's not a common ship. 

--- Absolutely not common at all! :O But, you see, Charlie the least known of the Weasley brothers was the one that interested me most. He obviously knew how to have fun because he was so good at Quidditch BUT he also seems so very smart and compassionate to understand and genuinely care for dragons and for seeing them as more than just big scary monsters. He's also reckless and full of danger! Dragons in Romania? d'uh. lol And so he appealed to me because of that complexity even if we never got to see much of him. I'm never comfy making an OC and just thought that probably only Hermione would fit him. And I was looking for Charlie/Hermione fics and couldn't find many. I joined the challenge (where there was one thing and that one thing was the catalyst sort of thing that would make the pair fall in love or what have you) and I thought.. perfect time to do a Charlie/Hermione! So I did and it basically wrote itself. Took me a day if I remember correctly. :D

3. What about The Perfect Moment? Where did that idea bloom? ( that's about as poetic as I get, bloom)

--- Now this. Well, I don't really know. I think it started with the line where Teddy proposes to Vic? Basically cursing at her? HAHA. That was the first thing that came to mind. It was clear in my head and I had to write the circumstances that would lead to that. Whenever I hear Teddy/Vic I always think they're the most intimate but comfortable pair. I enjoy reading them so why not write them. :D

4. You make banners as well, do u prefer requesting or making your banners?

--- Oh, I would on occasion force/coerce/blackmail (haha!) my friends on TDA to make me a banner when I'm in the mood to change them BUT I make my own when I post the story because I cannot stand posting a story without a banner and you can't request one without a validated story, right? :D so it's usual that I would make myself a banner then get ABSOLUTELY sick of it and request for a new one.. That way any story of mine is never without a banner. hehehe. :D

5. Rose asked me this question and I enjoyed answering it- who would u have tea with (from the hp world) and why?

--- Oh! LUNA! :O If only to get inside that woman's head. She's endlessly fascinating and I find it so difficult to write her (which, as a note to myself now, must do) so I'd love to have tea with her and maybe gain a deeper understand of her psyche so I could write about her... And, all that aside.. Wouldn't she be just soo much fun! :D The depths of sadness you get from her are coupled with an innocence and joie de vivre that not many people have so, like I just said, she fascinates me. :D *plus, wouldn't you want to see what cooky outfit she would wear to tea? I know I would!*

6. Your favourite Disney character?

--- Cinderella from the classics. <3 But, I've always been fascinated by Mulan *and her sheer stubbornness and boyishness remind me of myself from time to time*. But if we're talking ABSOLUTE favorite? Edna Mode from The Incredibles. She's a riot and she's just amazing and for me, that was a GORGEOUS movie but she stole the show. <3 

There you have it. :D Thanks for the questions. Curie. ilu.<3

Edited by SkitsandBits, 21 December 2013 - 07:18 AM.

Please call me CARLA. <3 

#4 Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin

Inquisitorial Squad

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

Hm, I'll ask some questons!

1. What is your favorite ship and why?

2. Where is your favorite place to write and/or think about a story?

3. If you could pick only one HP moment to be your favorite (an almost impossible question, I realize), what would it be and why?

4. How long does it generally take you to write a one-shot/single chapter?

5. Out of all of the stories you have written, which is your favorite so far?

Where fate makes dreams go up in smoke.

SigEverto_zps1d3f04a6.jpg

Crazy Rumpel Writing (12+) :: Interrogation Center (12+)

#5 SkitsandBits

SkitsandBits

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:20 AM

Thanks for the questions! I'm so late, omg. D= Gonna answer anyway. XD

What is your favorite ship and why?

I've always been a Dramione fan. <3 It was the first ship I read about and the first ship I wrote about so it holds a special place in my heart. I also love Hermione/Severus. :) There's a story there. A long one. lol

Where is your favorite place to write and/or think about a story?

I write in the study where the desktop is. It's quiet here and the computer monitor is huge so I get to write and do other things as well. :) Thinking about a story is different. There's never any specific place. I could be brushing my teeth and an idea springs to my mind. When that happens I take note of it any way I can (Using my phone, tablet, a pen to my palm.lol)

If you could pick only one HP moment to be your favorite (an almost impossible question, I realize), what would it be and why?

This is basically impossible! But I have to say I have so many fave PoA moments. But basically when Harry thinks he can live with Sirius and leave the Dursleys. I wanted that so bad for him. And I just love PoA the most so it's my fave HP moment, lol.

How long does it generally take you to write a one-shot/single chapter?

Oh, it depends on motivation. I've written a one-shot in one sitting (about two hours) but I've had something that's taken so long like years. So there's never any set time, which is bad. Makes me seem like an undisciplined layabout. XD

Out of all of the stories you have written, which is your favorite so far?

Fit15+ And just because I've loved reading HG/SS fics for so long but never thought I'd be able to write it. But I did and here it is. :)

Please call me CARLA. <3 

#6 nott theodore

nott theodore

nott a prefect anymore

• 638 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:40 PM

Hi Carla!  I've just come from reading one of your stories and thought up a few questions for you!

1. What gave you the inspiration for Two: A Perfect Blend?

2. I noticed that you've written quite a few unusual pairings - do you have an OTP?

3. What's your greatest strength in writing?  And your biggest weakness?

4. If you could recommend three stories on the archives, which would they be?

5. You're a brilliant artist!  Do you use graphics to inspire stories, or do stories inspire banners?

6. What's your favourite thing about NaNo?

nano word count: 50,191/50,000

11t360m.png

Set by anyroad @ TDA

my stories [12+] my mta [12+]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users