Lostmyheart

Inquisitorial Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

Hi Everyone!

Not sure how to start things off... but... here I am!  :woot: 

I wanted to make a 'Meet the Author' page just in case any of my readers wanted to ask me questions.

I have a few stories in HPFF so far, mostly one-shots  :happy:  but recently I've started a few Short Stories that I hope I'll be able to finish.

A few facts:

- I'm very deeply in love with the Dramione ship! Guilty as charged  :blushing: or just any story with Draco (or Blaise) in it!

- I'm usually inspired by songs, so a lot of my stories are usually formed by the mood and/or the lyrics  :whistling:

- I'm don't speak english on a daily basis, I learned english in schools and from reading the stories here in HPFF and from books  :graduated:

Any way... other than that, feel free to ask my anything about my stories, my writingstyle (if I have one?) or anything related  :)

My stories

Upper Class - 12+

Short Story - Draco/Hermione

Psycopath - Mature

One-Shot - Draco/Hermione

Obsessed - 15+

Short Story - Draco/Pansy - Draco/Hermione

*Prequel to my 'Psycopath' Story*

I Know You Care - 15+

One-Shot/Song Fic - Draco/Hermione

Wicked Game - 15+

Short Story - Draco/Hermione - Blaise/Hermione

One More Night - Mature

One-Shot - Draco/Ginny

Secret - 15 +

One-Shot - Draco/Pansy - Ron/Pansy

Her Death - Mature

One-shot - Draco/Hermione

*Connects with my 'Psycopath' One-Shot*

I Am Dead - 15+

One-shot - Harry/Ginny - Draco/Ginny

*Connects with my 'Stay' One-shot*

Stay - 12+

One-Shot - Draco/Ginny

When Darkness Falls - Mature

One-shot - Harry/Ginny

Baby Come On - Mature

One-shot - Hermione/Blaise

Unbelievable But True - Mature

Short Story with 6 chapters *abandoned* - Draco/Hermione

Sudden Attractions - 15+

One-shot - Hermione/Fred

I'm Lost Without You - 15+

One-shot - Draco/Hermione

I thought You Were Dead - 15+

One-shot - Ron/Hermione

my name is Aviaja - but you can just call me Avi <3

UltimateOTPChallenge3-1.png
HPFF [M]| Gallery [15+] | 
The Horror Story Challenge Results
1st place Tea & Poison[M] by apondinabluebox | 2nd place Sybill The Seer[15+] by randomhpffwriter | 3rd place Beneath The Silver Moon[M] by SamMalfoy93

#2 LilyLou

LilyLou

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

Hi!  There weren't any questions here, so I thought I'd fix that!

1. Why is it you love Draco so much?

2. If you were to pick something other than Draco, Hermione, or Blaise, who would it be?

3. Are you uncomfortable with writing Marauders and Next Generation?

4. Would you attempt a Marauders or Next Generation if someone asked you to?

5. Other than Draco, Hermione, and Blaise, who is your favorite character?

6. Is it difficult writing in English, given it isn't your first language? 

7. Does writing in English restrict your creativity and/or the words you use when writing?

Set by me, LilyLou@TDA

Wind_zps836c2c05.png

My Stories (15+) | TDA (15+) |  | In My Time (M)

#3 Lostmyheart

Lostmyheart

Inquisitorial Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

Yay! My first questioner  :woot: 

1. Why is it you love Draco so much?

I guess I like the unpredictability that comes with it, the forbidden love story and such.
As a girl I have a soft spot for bad boys (in stories, not in reality  :p
 ) so I like the differences between Hermione and Draco and the fantasy of them somehow finding love in each other - or a physical relationship in some stories. In the books it's quite obvious that Hermione and Ron are the ones that get married, gets kids and possibly grows old together, so I like the creativity that comes with writing a Draco/Hermione story - how do they find each other? What does the author do to make it most believable?

I think that's what intrigues me the most :)

2. If you were to pick something other than Draco, Hermione, or Blaise, who would it be?

That would be Rose/Scorpius - haha, that wasn't even far from the Draco/Hermione ship!

Okay. Another ship? I guess it would be Hermione/FredorGeorge - I know it still has something to do with Hermione, but to be honest I just simply love her  :wub: 

3. Are you uncomfortable with writing Marauders and Next Generation?

I don't quite like to explore the Marauders for some reason, I don't even read stories that's about them. i think it's because it was such a sensitive topic for Harry during his years in Hogwarts and it affected me as well - it probably sounds weird! :blink:  

As for Next Generations I've read a few stories, but never really gotten myself to write about them.

4. Would you attempt a Marauders or Next Generation if someone asked you to?

I would most definitely consider writing a Next Generation story if anyone asked me to, but to be honest - I have no clue who's who with all those kids!

I know their names, but I almost always forget which ones are the children of Ron and Hermione and which ones are Ginny and Harrys - it's embarrasing. Also the kids from Rons brothers - I don't remember their names. I researched for it once, as I read 'Delicate' but that was years ago and I've already forgotten who's who  :cry:  shame on me haha. But yeah, all in all, I could most definitely write a story about Next Generation if anyone asked me!

5. Other than Draco, Hermione, and Blaise, who is your favorite character?

That would be either Ginny or Pansy. I've written three stories with Pansy as main character so far - and she's quite different in them as I've portraited her as the Queen of Slytherin but she's hiding her feelings as she sees them as weakness in my one-shot 'Secret' and in 'Obsessed' and 'Psycopath' I've portaited her as this crazy girl that knows no limits and boundaries. I like that we don't know much about her, so when we write about her we can pretty much describe her as anything we like. Of course most stories include her being really clingy to Draco - as she does in my 'Psycopath' and eventually becomes in 'Obsessed' - but I've written her differently in my 'Secret'.

Ginny I've written four stories about, also very differently in each story - almost. But I like writing and reading about her as well.

6. Is it difficult writing in English, given it isn't your first language?

It was extremely difficult in the beginning! My first stories - I can't really stand reading them as I've learned more since then and I can see all the flaws in my writing - I'm too hasty with the situations (given the lack of words to decsribe them) and it can seem quite emotionless sometimes. I've actually deleted at least 6 stories two-three months ago because I couldn't find the time and strength to re-write them all. I had a lot of trouble with writing the moods and the scenery back then, I still do but I've learned a lot of new words and expressions. I'm still learning, I read a lot of english books like the Hunger Games, True Blood, The Hobbit, several books from Jane Austen, I bought almost every Harry Potter book in english - though I had them all in my own language - just to learn more. Practise makes perfect, right?  :D 

7. Does writing in English restrict your creativity and/or the words you use when writing?

Very. Very. Very much.

But over the years it has become easier to write. I learned a lot from reading stories here in HPFF - I learned a lot of expressions, how to describe feelings and situations but I'm still not completely comfortable with it. I never feel I can write a situation perfectly as I imagined in my head - I never quite manage to capture the feeling and emotions well enoug to satisfy me. I've re-written many situations, deleted many scenes as I couldn't find a good way to describe them. But as long as I try my best and read more, I'll get better :)

But I've got to say, thank god for Google translate! Haha  :laugh: 

1st place Tea & Poison[M] by apondinabluebox | 2nd place Sybill The Seer[15+] by randomhpffwriter | 3rd place Beneath The Silver Moon[M] by SamMalfoy93

#4 Sarah the Ravenclaw

Sarah the Ravenclaw

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:10 AM

Since I review bombed you, I figured I would pop in to your MTA! 

1. (if you don't mind me asking, feel free to skip if you do) I had no idea when I was reading your stories that English wasn't your first language! What is your first langauge?

2. How do you feel about Rose/Scorpius (I know they're impossible if there's Dramione, which is why I ask)

3. Why did you kill off Hermione? Just kidding. I wouldn't ask that.  Where do you get the inspiration for your stories?

4. What of your current stories is your favourite?

5. If you could BE any Harry Potter character, which one would you be? Why?

6. If you could marry any Harry Potter character, which one would you choose? Why?

7. Have you ever had a story that was sparked from a dream?

8. Do you ever find yourself getting emotionally attatched to your characters?

I was going to keep going, but I figured that would be overkill!! I loved leaving those reviews for you, I can't wait to see your answers! 

(Oh and P.S. you're welcome on the word ;) )

Sarah

KtR9yRT.png

sig by the amazingly wonderful tilly (mintleaf@tda), icon by me

My Stories [12+ to M] | TDA [15+]

#5 Lostmyheart

Lostmyheart

Inquisitorial Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

Hi! Omg. I didn't see your questions till now!

Sorry I left you hangin' there, for ... 4 days  :p  :laugh: 

Gosh I love your questions! Will probably take me half an hour to answer them, as I really want to give you good answers!

1. (if you don't mind me asking, feel free to skip if you do) I had no idea when I was reading your stories that English wasn't your first language! What is your first langauge?
No problem at all! My first language is Danish (because my father is a Dane), then it's Greenlandic. I should probably speak more Greenlandic, but honestly - it's a VERY difficult language.
2. How do you feel about Rose/Scorpius (I know they're impossible if there's Dramione, which is why I ask)
Rose and Scorpius! I love that ship, as I feel it gives the writer A LOT more opportunities to play with the characters than they can with Draco and Hermione, as they are pretty much set in stone and most readers seem to like them canon instead of OOC. (I'm actually not sure if I used the term 'canon' correctly, it means true to character, right? - ugh how embarrassing I don't even know what it means  :paranoid:
 ) - But I still write mine pretty OOC.

I haven't found a great plot or opportunity to explore the pair in my writing, but yes you're right! They wouldn't excist if Draco/Hermione did.
3. Why did you kill off Hermione? Just kidding. I wouldn't ask that.  Where do you get the inspiration for your stories?

Hahaha the first question had me laughing out loud! I did it because I'm a mean person, that's all... Nah, kidding!  :p 

My inspiration mostly comes from songs. I love listening to music all day; when I walk to the grocery store, when I take the bus, when I workout - EVERYWHERE. So I basically get my inspiration from the lyrics. But I can say that my inspiration to Psycopath was from the movie 'Obsessed' with Beyoncé. The movie, of course, had a much better ending than mine  :sorry: sorry 'bout that.
4. What of your current stories is your favourite?

I can without a doubt say 'I Know You Care'. 100 %. As that one-shot took me the longest time to write, over a week.
When I wrote the story, I was absolutely crazy with the song with the same title, by Ellie Goulding (love her!) and I listened to it at least 200 times (I'm not kidding, the repeat buttom was abused to the max) - so I love the story, because I love the song so much. Ergo = my favorite story :}

5. If you could BE any Harry Potter character, which one would you be? Why?

Uuuhh interesting question! I think I would like to be... Hermione! She's actually in many of my stories, because I find her fascinating.
Imagine knowing all the things she knows and have the skills to do the homework so well! And of course, Emma Watson makes the character look more beautiful than the one in the books (I think).

6. If you could marry any Harry Potter character, which one would you choose? Why?

If! And only if! Draco Malfoy turned out to be a good guy (or at least became one later on) I'd marry him. 

If not, then Harry. That black hair and green eyes combo would make any woman weak in the knees! I love green/blue/grey eyes, I could swin in them for hours.

Harry seems like a caring and sensitive kind of guy, so I think being married to him would be amazing :}
7. Have you ever had a story that was sparked from a dream?

*quickly checks all of my stories*

Nope, not even one :/ Which is actually weird, as I am one that dreams every single night. Oftens bad dreams. But they are usually quite creative!

For instance, yesterday I had a dream, where I owned a company that should test houses in my homeland, to see of they were 'polarbear proof' - so we used a BIG, talking(!) polarbear to test our houses - after the third house, it decided to stop listening to it's trainer and wanted to eat us, it was apparently hungry.

I don't think my dreams can be used as inspiration to any story at all  :p  haha
8. Do you ever find yourself getting emotionally attatched to your characters?

I don't think so. Not in the ones I write. But I do get emotionally attached to characters in stories I read.

Not only in HPFF but in books also (note: I am one of those who cried when Dobby died) and therefor I prefer reading books that comes in series - I like to follow the character/s and sometimes I'm not quite ready to let go at all. I often feel the same way to long novels or short stories in HPFF.

Hmm. This took twenty minutes, I think!

I am multi-tasking right now, so it took quite some time to answer every question decently!  :p 

Thank you so much for asking LightLeviosa!

#6 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 364 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

Hiya!

1. Woohoo, so Dramione. Which one is your favourite?

2. If you could have written a story that was written by someone else on the archives, which one would it be?

3. Long reviews or short reviews? Which ones do you like receiving/leaving? 

4. What would the following characters' favourite colour be: Hermione, Draco, Blaise, McGonagall.

5. What are some preparations you do, before writing a story? How do you plan?

Have fun answering :)

#7 Lostmyheart

Lostmyheart

Inquisitorial Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:25 PM

1. Woohoo, so Dramione. Which one is your favourite?

Which stories with Dramione? Hmm. I've read a lot of Dramione stories, but the most recent stories are HeyMrsPotter's 'Memory Lane' and Elysium's 'Prey'. I loved reading both and they were very addictive! I think they both gave a realistic view of how they'd end up together and with 'Memory Lane', everything was just very exciting.
2. If you could have written a story that was written by someone else on the archives, which one would it be?

The stories I mentioned earlier  :happy: But I absolutely love MajiKat's and Elysium's stories! And I would love it if I had written any of their stories. Too bad they've stopped writing.
3. Long reviews or short reviews? Which ones do you like receiving/leaving?

Hmm. I think I'd want both. Because not all readers are interesting in explaining why they liked reading your story, but I'd still like to know why. I like leaving long reviews, that's the least I could do. Before I had confidence enough to write more than a few lines, I rarely left reviews. But now, when I leave reviews, I want to write at least ten lines. The author has put so much time in writing the story, as a reader the least respectful thing we can do is to tell our opinion of it and what we loved about it  :rolleyes: 
4. What would the following characters' favourite colour be: Hermione, Draco, Blaise, McGonagall.

Haha! I love this question! Hmm, let me see.

Hermione: I can imagine it being dark blue, for some reason. 

Draco: Emerald.

Blaise: Dark red, like bordeaux.

McGonagall: Orange! (Not sure why, though)
5. What are some preparations you do, before writing a story? How do you plan?

I rarely prepare anything, before writing a story. Except for my Novellas, there I have everything planned several chapters ahead. But for my one-shots I just write and see where the story goes. Normally I'm inspired by a song, so I listen to it a hundred times before starting to write the story, at the time I already have a good outline of the story plot.

Thank you for your questions! I had fun answering them  :good: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users