12 replies to this topic

#1 WriteYourHeartOut

WriteYourHeartOut

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 837 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hello there! :)

I had one of these maybe a year ago, but then sort of disappeared off the face of the earth. However, now that I am officially back to writing, I thought I should make a new MTA! :frolic:

Here is an easy link to my Author Page (12+ - M)! Please feel free to ask me anything about my stories or whatever else you may want to know about me as an author, and I'll do my best to answer them adequately! ^.^

#2 harrypotterlover1

harrypotterlover1

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

Hey!

1. What inspired 'Lying Josephine' ?
2. Why did you start writing fan fiction ?
3. Do you like reading or writing better?

#3 WriteYourHeartOut

WriteYourHeartOut

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 837 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

Hey!

1. What inspired 'Lying Josephine' ?
2. Why did you start writing fan fiction ?

Hi!!! Questions! This is exciting! :D

1. What inspired 'Lying Josephine'?

Oh boy... It's been such a long time since I first got the idea for 'Lying Josephine' that I'm not sure I quite remember all the details of how it began anymore! LOL I do know that I thought up the character of Jo after having been reading a lot of different stories with female OC's and sort of feeling like they were all very similar to one another. Either they were Mary-Sue's and just too perfect to be real or truly cared about, or they were all these sarcastic, witty females who always had a quick quip and were constantly shoving their foot in the mouths and getting into trouble because of it. So at that time I was feeling like I really wanted to introduce a character who simply wasn't like that at all; somebody quiet and introverted and easily frightened; not like the heroine loud-mouth types (who are great, don't get me wrong, they were just sort of being over-used in my opinion). I think from there I just sort of had to figure out who I'd like her paired with, this shy little doe of a thing, and there was just something sort of hilarious and wrong about sticking her with a Weasley twin that somehow also felt so right! I didn't want to write one with Fred and have him die and have it end that way, and I've always been partial to George of the two, so it just made sense to write it as a George/OC and to make it post-Hogwarts, and I suppose the pieces just fell into place from there! I started developing her character and figuring out how these two complete opposites even stood a chance of coming together believably, and it's really just been building from that foundation ever since! ^.^

2. Why did you start writing fan fiction?

I actually do remember this! So I'd been reading fan fiction for a long time already and had always wanted to jump in, but never had any idea what to write about or if I could mold the characters to fit into my designated scenarios without compromising who they were, so I was nervous to begin. For a really long time I actually did start working on this truly awful idea (I was really young, I can't be held responsible ;)). Eventually I realized that it was basically a culmination of everything that's wrong with fan fiction thrown into one story, and so I abandoned it really quickly. It was never posted and I kind of gave up trying to write for a while. But then one day I wrote this short little story that wasn't even fan fiction, it was just something that was in my head and I wrote it down. After I finished writing it, though, I really wanted to post it on HPFF just so I could have something on the site, and so I rewrote parts of it by simply adding in a canon character who already fit within the stories characterization and I added a line about Hogwarts and called it fan fiction and posted it under the title 'Forgettable Me'! What happened right away is that the story was really well-received and almost immediately I was asked by jazzeh_turnip, who I didn't know at the time but who left me a gorgeous review, if she could turn the story into a podcast and to find her on the forums if it was okay. So finding jazzeh_turnip is what got me over to the forums, and she turned it into a podcast, and this happened during the House Cup and during a competition where reviewing podcasts earned your House points, and so all of a sudden my little non-fan-fiction-turned-kind-of-fan-fiction was getting all of this attention because of the House Cup and because jazzy did an AMAZING job reading it, and people kept coming to review my story on the archives as well after they would leave podcast reviews, and so my first story was sort of in the spotlight for a while and it was really exciting and addicting and I've just adored writing ever since!

It's a tough call, because I do absolutely love writing when it comes easily and when I'm working on a story that I truly love, but I tend to struggle with it most of the time, and so I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with writing, where as reading I always adore. So I suppose reading in general is preferable, though writing has incredible moments when I hit my stride! I love crafting the characters to my story-lines, but I also love to see what other people do with them! And reading new books outside of HP is always wonderful as well! So reading wins by a bit, I must say!

I hope I answered all of your questions decently enough! I tend to ramble, methinks... haha Thank you so much for being my first inquirer! *squee*

#4 ReeBee

ReeBee

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:47 AM

Tanya! Here I am with the promised questions on both Mouse, Waltz and Forgettable Me?

1. Where did u come up with the idea for waltz? There must have been a moment that made u go, 'imagine if someone started counting their life like that!'

2. Are Rose and Scorpius, different? As in have a mental disorder? I couldn't help wonder, Im sorry if that offends anyone.

3. Mouse was a very different concept. What made u want to write about Susan?

4. Out of all your stories, which is your favourite?

5. Out of all the characters you've written, which is the easiest to write? Most fin to write? Hardest to write?

6. Forgettable me, very interesting! What gave u that idea?

7. Who are your favourite authors on the archives?

8. Authors in real life?

9. You also write songs (I have to thank u for that! Squeee!) whats your inspiration for those? 

10. Favourite artists?

Have fun answering! :D

Sig and Icon both by patronus_charm @ TDA 

:Ravenclaw: GOOOO RAVENCLAW! :D :Ravenclaw:

sXRIrly.gif

HPFF (12+ to M) | MTA (12+) | Gallery (12+)

#5 WriteYourHeartOut

WriteYourHeartOut

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 837 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

Tanya! Here I am with the promised questions on both Mouse, Waltz and Forgettable Me?

Hey Curie! Woohoo for questions! Let's do this! :D

1. Where did u come up with the idea for waltz? There must have been a moment that made u go, 'imagine if someone started counting their life like that!'

So what happened is I was originally trying to write a rhyming Dr. Seuss-like Neville/Luna story for the Writer's Duel, and while I got pretty far in it, I kept getting stuck, and so maybe five days before the deadline, I decided I needed some backup plans in case I couldn't figure out the Neville/Luna story before the deadline. I asked myself what I thought might be an original idea for a Mistletoe story, and my first thought was 'What if it was a character who gets stuck beneath the mistletoe was germaphobic and really, really didn't want to be in that situation? Someone who's first reaction would be 'Ew!'" Germaphobic grew to encompass OCD as well, and a lot of OCD people have a particular number that feels right to them, that calms them and brings relief, so I chose the number three for the character and immediately was like, "Waltz. Her life is a waltz." So everything sort of stemmed form there! I hope that makes sense! ^.^

2. Are Rose and Scorpius, different? As in have a mental disorder?

Rose has OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and Germophobia. OCD is categorized as a mental illness, as it causes a person to put irrational faith in things like arbitrary routines (like how Rose thinks that pacing in three's to the exact beat of the second hand on her watch is necessary in order to have a good day) and it makes them extremely anxious when said routine is either interrupted or unable to be completed properly (so that if Rose had accidentally missed a second or a step or a number, she probably would have spent her whole day feeling stressed). There are a whole slew of different obsessions and compulsions that can effect a person with OCD; it's a very interesting disorder and I just picked a few for this one-shot. Germopobia is the fear of germs, dirt, mess, etc., and an obsession with sanitation (which is why Rose washes her hands - three times - and why her initial reaction to the mistletoe is "Ew!" It's also why getting glitter-bombed by vengeful mistletoe would probably ruin her week).

Scorpius, on the other hand, has a stutter/stammer, which is more of a speech disorder. Basically he just has a hard time forming words on the first try and will instead trip over letters so that instead of saying "What's up?" he might get stuck for a bit and say, "W-w-what's up?" Many people with stutters can learn how to overcome it with speech therapy, but tend to have more trouble controlling the impediment when they are nervous or stressed or in an uncomfortable situation. That's why we see Scorpius able to talk fine in the beginning of the story, but during the mistletoe part, when he's pretty severely flustered, it takes him three tries just to say Rose's name.

I just thought that after I decided Rose would be OCD and a germophobe, I wanted Scorpius to have something similar but different that would allow them to connect on another level. :)

3. Mouse was a very different concept. What made u want to write about Susan?

I actually wrote 'Mouse' for the 2012 House Cup. Each House had a canon character that acted as their House Champion and who had been sorted into their respective Houses in the books, and the first task was to write a one-shot based around a handful of prompts. One of the prompts was something about writing from your character's POV (or maybe it was just including them in the story? I can't remember perfectly) and since Susan was our Houses champion, I wrote 'Mouse' based around her! A lot of that story came about specifically because of the prompts (which are listed at the end of the fic in an Author's Note if you want to see exactly what they were), and really the most original things I did with it was to put her into a class where she was being trained on how to protect magical creatures, choosing to make her quiet and small, but fierce, and the choice to make it rhyme! But yeah, most of that story was inspired by the prompts and not my own idea! ^.^

4. Out of all your stories, which is your favourite?

Oh, it has to be 'Lying Josephine,' I think. It's my baby, really. Even though it's only on chapter three right now, I have so many plans for that novel that I cannot wait to get posted. The finale is probably going to be the funniest thing I'll ever write, which makes me laugh when I think about it because it's really much more of a romance and angst story than a humor one, but there are some moments that just crack me up when I think about them. Actually, chapter three of that story is by far the funniest thing I have yet to post on the site so far! Everything else I've written is in general a lot sadder, but that chapter makes me chuckle. I just really love writing about Fred and George, and I've also really fallen in love with the OC I created, and I just get generally excited about 'Lying Josephine.' It's probably the only one I feel that way about consistently.

5. Out of all the characters you've written, which is the easiest to write? Most fun to write? Hardest to write?

This is going to sound really bizarre, but thus far I've found Fred to be the easiest character to write... and George to be the hardest. LOL Really, really weird thing to say at first glance, I know, but bear with me! Because of the way that 'Lying Josephine' is structured, the scenes with Fred happen before the war (obviously, seeing as he has to be alive for those scenes), while almost every scene with George happens after. It doesn't surprise me that I'm struggling to write a mourning George, because it's really hard to find that balance between him clearly being changed and sad and lost without his twin, but to also make sure he hasn't just completely become unrecognizable as a character, because he's still George and I still want him to be like the pre-war George when he can, but it's tricky to juggle it all. What constantly surprises me, however, is how easy Fred has been to write! Cause I get to write him in the funny scenario's with the wit and the jokes and the pranks, and before I always would have thought I'd struggle with his character, but I've not had a problem with him yet! And according to my reviews I write him really well, so I don't think I'm completely delusional to think I'm doing all right? hehehe *keeps fingers crossed*

6. Forgettable me, very interesting! What gave u that idea?

Thank you! 'Forgettable Me' actually started as a non-fanfiction! It was just something I had written about a girl experiencing unrequited love. It all happened very quickly; I wrote the entire story in only twenty minutes before I stuck it into the queue. The first ten minutes was writing the non-fanfiction version, and then after it was finished, I was like 'Man, I'd really love to post a story on this site!', cause at the time I was a new member who hadn't written anything yet but really wanted to, and so I listed a handful of characters who I thought would be fitting for the role of the guy this girl is pining after, and Sirius just sort of fit pretty easily, so I added his name, threw in a few lines about Hogwarts, and that was it!

7. Who are your favourite authors on the archives?

I love 1917farmgirl. She writes the twins fantastically and has a lot of Weasley-centric stories where every character is perfectly in canon. Her story 'Healing' is one of my favorites on the site. She's a beautiful writer of both drama and comedy. I love Pixileanin, particularly for her humor. She is one of the wittiest people I know. But she also has some fantastic dramatic, action/adventure stories too. Very versatile! RonsGirlFriday is phenomenal. She can do anything and everything. Her story 'Like Coming Home' was the first story I read on the site that just completely blew my mind because it was so beautiful and sad and ugh! And theelderwand is another! He can write some epic adventures! Very intense and dramatic and thrilling and suspenseful! The last one I'll list is Toujours Padfoot. She can write the most intensely heartbreaking story followed by the most hilarious story with no trouble at all. She's so versatile that it's actually ridiculous. She can write any character, and genre, any... anything, really. She's just great. They all are! I highly recommend each of them! ^.^

8. Authors in real life?

J. K. Rowling, of cooooourse! Not just Harry Potter, but her other stories as well. She writes the most distinct characters, I love it. I've always loved Agatha Christie and her mystery books; 'And Then There Were None' is probably my favorite. I love Edgar Allen Poe, too, and George R.R. Martin... Um... I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of right now! haha

9. You also write songs (I have to thank u for that! Squeee!) whats your inspiration for those? 

Awww, thank you!!! I think my inspiration for songs comes in a similar way as my inspiration for stories, where it just sort of happens! Every once in a while I'll try to write about a specific person or event, but usually I just come up with a random lyric that I happen to enjoy and then try to base a song around that lyric! haha The song I'm working on right now, though, I'm actually writing for a specific purpose (a potential movie deal) and therefore trying to write the song so that it captures the theme of movie. I'm still a few lyrics short, but it's not been too difficult! Hopefully it turns out all right.

10. Favourite artists?

Ingrid Michaelson will always be at the top of this list. It saddens me that she isn't hugely popular, because she's just phenomenally talented and deserves success more than anyone. Her voice, her lyrics, her melodies: they just blow me away every time. She's got generally a very simplistic style, but it makes her music memorable and poignant. I love her. Some other favorites are Fun. (Nate Ruess <3), Sara Bareilles, Regina Spektor, Delta Rae, Queen... a ton others, I'm sure, but I'll leave it there. ^.^

These were such great questions, Curie! I hope I answered them adequately! Thank you so much for visiting my MTA! ^.^

#6 HeyMrsPotter

HeyMrsPotter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

Hi Tanya!! I really enjoyed reading Waltz the other day (in case you hadn't noticed) So I'm here to pester you with questions!

1.Waltz was such an interesting story, unlike any other I've read. Where did the idea come from?

2. Your Rose and Scorpius are so completely different to the roles that have become almost canon with their individual problems. Did it scare you writing about such big issues?

3. Do you have a favourite canon and non canon pairing to read/write?

4. Just because...did you have a nice christmas and new year?

Enjoy answering!

20533at.gif

Banner  and profile image by EmmaWeasley

TBBBWHAPABYHDBWNOHPWHT!

#7 WriteYourHeartOut

WriteYourHeartOut

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 837 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

Hi Tanya!! I really enjoyed reading Waltz the other day (in case you hadn't noticed) So I'm here to pester you with questions!

Hi Dee! That's so sweet of you; I'm still so flattered that you liked it!!! :hug: And yes please, pester away! :D

1.Waltz was such an interesting story, unlike any other I've read. Where did the idea come from?

Ah, thank you! It's always great to hear that something I've written is unique! And the idea was first sparked from the Writer's Duel challenge, where I chose to participate under Prompt 3! I had been writing another story originally, but was struggling to get through it, and so I decided to make myself a back-up plan in case I came to the realization that my first story was never going to come to fruition in time for the deadline. I asked myself what unexpected scenario could take place while captured beneath mistletoe, and my first thought was 'What if the person stuck just said "Ew!"?' haha I thought it would be a funny reaction. That snowballed into 'Maybe they're saying "Ew!" because they're a germaphobe and not because they don't like who they've been caught with!' Germophobia snowballed into OCD. OCD has a lot of different obsessions and compulsions associated with it, and one of them is finding comfort with a specific number, and I decided to follow that route and use the number three. After years of dance, my brain just automatically thought 'Waltz - she's waltzing!' From there I needed to cast the roles, and I needed almost OC-type characters to fit, and Rose/Scorpius just made sense to me! With Hermione as her mother, Rose having OCD and germophobia just sort of made sense. Scorpius ended up with a stutter because I wanted him and Rose to share a special bond that made it clear they were meant for each other. Oh, and at some point I decided that I didn't want the mistletoe to force them to kiss or be locked up forever, cause there's something about that scenario that makes me uncomfortable writing it, so I did what I thought would be similar in the sense of keeping Rose and Scorpius from simply walking away, and the glitter thing made sense because OCD/germaphobia and that kind of mess just do not mix. And the rest just fell into place from there! ^.^

2. Your Rose and Scorpius are so completely different to the roles that have become almost canon with their individual problems. Did it scare you writing about such big issues?

You know, it really helped that I'm completely unfamiliar with Rose/Scorpius outside of my story! The most I know about them is that they always seem to be getting accidentally pregnant... hehehe So that helped with the whole making them individuals from their usual roles, cause I don't know what their usual roles are! I'm SO relieved that people liked them, though, because I did know how high profile of a couple they are; I was super afraid people would hate my versions!

As far as the issues of handling the OCD, germaphobia, and speech impediment goes, it was absolutely terrifying! The thing is that I wanted to explore all of those things in a way that was real and accurate and truthful, with a side of touching and charming, if that makes any sense at all... I myself am relatively germaphobic and a bit OCD, so I was familiar already with the basics of Rose's conditions, but I had to do my research on the more extreme compulsions - like the cycle of three's. Believe it or not, Scorpius' stutter is where I spent most of my research, because it's not something I've ever had to go through, nor has anyone in my life dealt with a speech impediment like this. I just tried my best to get into his head, to understand the control it might take to speak freely, the desperation to say the things I'm thinking when the stakes are high, the frustration at not being able to just say them with ease, and anything and everything else that comes along with it. I don't consider myself a writer, but I do consider myself an actor, and so for me, getting into the heads of people going through things that I don't have to deal with usually means that I end up playing the scenario's out in my head as if it's a role I've been given, and then trying my best to transfer it into print and hoping that I've done it some sort of justice. It's terrifying every time I write and post anything new, but I have to say, this was the most afraid I've ever been while posting. It's been an incredible relief to have such positive feedback.

3. Do you have a favourite canon and non canon pairing to read/write?

You know what? I'm thinking about it and I haven't yet written a single canon couple! And honestly, it's probably because the only one I really love, love, love is James/Lily! Not that I mind others necessarily, I just don't care that much about them for whatever reason... Reading wise, I think I only ever actively seek out James/Lily, though sometimes I'll read others if other parts of the plot intrigue me.

Non-canon... omg, there are so many that I love. I really adore OC's with certain characters, but I'll skip that list and only focus on pairings involving two canon characters: Remus/Sirius is my number one here, I have to say. I adore them together so much. I really love Harry/Luna, too, as I mentioned. Neville/Luna is very sweet as well. Draco/Hermione, while I don't even slightly find realistic, every once in a while I'll read them as a guilty pleasure. Those are the main ones, I suppose! OC's play a huge role in my reading selections, though, cause I just love to see what people do with their own character's who they have crafted specifically to fit with a canon character. It just intrigues me! ^.^

4. Just because...did you have a nice christmas and new year?

Aww, you're so sweet! hehehe I did, thank you! Christmas Eve was the best of the nights - just me and my mom and her fiance and my sister. We opened presents and played board games and had a really nice night. Christmas was more chaotic, with young kids running about, and New Year's Eve was exceptionally quiet in contrast, but all were nice enough. Thanks for asking! I hope your holiday season was wonderful!

Oh man, my responses are, like, 90% ramble! I'm sorry! It's getting pretty late here, but I wanted to respond before I went to bed! hehehe Sorry if I talked in circles or said anything nonsensical! Thank you for the great questions, Dee!!! :hug:

#8 maraudertimes

maraudertimes

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

Hi!

1. Why did you decide to join the HPFF and HPFF forums community?
2. Except for Mouse, all of your stories have an aspect of Romance. What is it about that genre that makes you gravitate towards it?
3. Where do you draw inspiration from?
4. What would you patronus be and why?
5. What would you think of when conjuring a patronus?
6. Out of all your MCs, which is your favourite and why?
7. If you could ask J.K. Rowling one thing about the HP verse, what would it be?
8. Which one of your stories are you absolutely, completely in love with and why?
9. Top 5 favourite fics on the archives and why?
10. Top 5 favourite spells and why?

Excited to see what you have to say!

Lo:)

IMG_3875_zps1c1b3ab3.jpg

Signature and avatar by savyinwonderland@TDA || My Stories (12+)|| My MTA (12+)
Storm (M) by BookDinosaur || I Am Reality (M) by newgenerationlover || Hurricane Luna (15+) by Veritaserum27

#9 WriteYourHeartOut

WriteYourHeartOut

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 837 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

Excited to see what you have to say!

Lo:)

Hi Lo! Thanks so much for stopping by my MTA! These questions are so crazy good; I hope my answers don't disappoint! ^.^

1. Why did you decide to join the HPFF and HPFF forums community?

I had been reading fanfiction on another site (years and years ago), but it was difficult to sift through and find stories that peaked my interest, so I started looking for a new place to read that was better organized and I stumbled upon HPFF. I was simply a reader for maybe a year or so without being a member; I was just anonymous. Then one day I wrote Forgettable Me, which was not originally a fanfiction, but that I wanted to turn into one because I wanted to have an account and post a story, so I did exactly that! At this point I was technically a member of the forums already, but I don't think I came on a single time since signing up for months until I got a review from jazzeh_turnip asking if she could turn Forgettable Me into a podcast and, if yes, to please find her on the forums. So she's the reason I became active, since the podcast was posted really quickly after our conversation and it ended up being a really big hit (because she read it amaaaazingly), and people started talking to me and I was hooked!

2. Except for Mouse, all of your stories have an aspect of Romance. What is it about that genre that makes you gravitate towards it?

Huh... You know, I'm not sure! I think part of my interest maybe stems from the desire to take really popular and well-loved ideas and giving them a twist? I think Romance is probably one of the (if not the) most universally loved and utilized genre, but I feel that a lot of the romances I've read tend to be predictable and have the same set of characters falling in love, so I try to make my romances different so they stand apart. For example, I have a story in which the girl doesn't get the guy, I have a story in which the FOC refuses to even speak to the boy she likes (though that doesn't keep her from stalking him like a creeper), I have a story where the girl has OCD and the boy has a stutter, and I have a story in which the two characters are doomed to fail simply because I'll be following canon. I like to think that those aren't quite as similar to other romances you might read, but I don't really know. haha I'm still always intrigued by new facets of weird romances and have a few brewing on the horizon that are... quite odd, I have to say. haha

3. Where do you draw inspiration from?

I suppose it depends! I think a lot of my OFC's reflect me because they tend to be quieter and more introverted and shy and flawed, but still kind of lovable in an odd way... LOL Sometimes it's as simple as having been given a prompt to work off of; other times the idea honestly just pops into my head out of nowhere! My own experiences can be found in some places as well - so maybe a bit of everywhere and everything? I think inspiration can be found from all over, really. :)

4. What would you patronus be and why?

On my own, I legitimately have zero clue, SO I went off and took some quizzes! Here are my results:

My Patronus is a Dolphin

Your patronus takes the form of a Dolphin. A dolphin is both very playful and friendly. Like a dolphin, you are joyful, intelligent, and very funny. You enjoy life, and like to help others. You have so many happy thoughts that you can easily perform the patronus charm. Casting the charm becomes somewhat more difficult during a battle, but your concern for your friends helps you keep your focus.

A phoenix- (basically wise and has a good grasp of reality, sees the truth of humanity)

Penguin!

Now you see it, now you don't. Aggressive yet gentle, outgoing but shy, stable yet flighty - everyone sees the penguin in a different way. It's that black and white thing: the penguin only reveals the side that it wants to you to see. So whether you like this darling-devil or not, you have to concede that it's a fascinating and enigmatic individual.

Penguins are birds condemned to live out their days on the ground. Unable to fly, their excess energy has no outlet save their creative talents and emotional outbursts. Penguins are poetic, artistic, and intellectually gifted, and as writers penguins have no equal.

I think the Penguin is probably most fitting of me? I don't know! haha

5. What would you think of when conjuring a patronus?

I would probably think of the time I won an award for Outstanding Leading Actress in the highest division for my role as Millie in Thoroughly Modern Millie. It was kind of like the Tony Awards for high schools and winning was just incredible. Winning the Writer's Duel was pretty great too, I might think of that. Or getting accepted into a musical theatre conservatory for college in NYC... Or maybe when I was cast in my first leading role as Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors! I was the youngest person in the cast and couldn't believe I got the role... Ah, good memories; they could all produce a patronus, I think. ^.^

6. Out of all your MCs, which is your favourite and why?

Josephine from Lying Josephine is my favorite. I have such a soft spot for her. She's incredibly flawed, didn't do very well at Hogwarts, not very brave at all, quiet and reserved and somehow both hides from and stalks George Weasley on a level that would be really creepy for most people, but manages to be endearing for Jo. She's got the funniest relationship with Fred and she's got such a huge heart underneath all of that silent crazy. Her life is quite sad, but she's strong in a way that she doesn't even recognize in herself. She can be quite self-deprecating and hard on herself without ever really falling into full-blown bad moods. I just sort of want to pet her and hug her and tell her that I love her and that everything's going to be okay, and she would just give me a little kind smile with no words, but I'd know she understood.

7. If you could ask J.K. Rowling one thing about the HP verse, what would it be?

I would have to ask her what she thinks about the possibility of Remus/Sirius... hehehe I LOVE them together and, while I know that's not something she ever had in canon (based on Remus' Pottermore biography), I would love to discuss it anyway, see if I could sway her if she was hesitant or didn't see it, etc. I would just want to know her thoughts in general about it because they seem so perfectly matched to me. hehehe

8. Which one of your stories are you absolutely, completely in love with and why?

Lying Josephine! haha Honestly, it's my baby! I love Jo, as I've mentioned before, and I have chapters planned that I am just... I can't even explain how excited for them I am. I have to work through this middle section, but when I get to the ending, it's going to be one of the most exciting things that I've ever done, I think. The finale... oh boy, it's gonna be a roller coaster and I cannot wait to get there! I love the characters and their journeys and it's really the only story I've posted that I always seem to love. All of my others I've doubted and wavered on, but I am always sure of my love for LJ. ^.^

9. Top 5 favourite fics on the archives and why?

Oh boy, this is a really tough question. I feel like it's not going to be completely accurate either, but I'm gonna sift through my faves and reviews I've left and at least pick out five stories that I adore! (I'm also gonna choose five stories that I don't think I've ever mentioned loving before...)

1.) The Anatomy of Genius by Violet_Gryffindor - I love her versions of James and Lily and the description is beautiful. There are moments of poignancy that really stay with you; she's so great about choosing and placing every word so that the story reaches its full potential and excels. It's a great story for any James/Lily fan.

2.) The Summer Of A Dormouse by melihobbit - It's a Remus/Sirius fic, but its so subtle in its hints and it leaves them without perfect closure about what might happen, but in a way that sort of hands you the reigns so it doesn't feel like this version of them ends after the story is finished. It's just beautifully written, simple, and lovely. Her characters are great, too.

3.) The Fourth Act by Jenna822 - Another Remus/Sirius fic. I love the structure of this story first of all; it's intriguing and different and set the ending up really well. I love her versions of Remus and Sirius and there's one scene in particular that just soooo pulls at my heartstrings. I just want to hug Remus, but I shall leave that to Sirius. :p

4.) Almost Lover by Zacharias Smith - A gorgeous story that takes a line from the book and fills in the blanks in a very heartbreaking and extremely relatable and realistic way. It's a George/OC story that just stays with you.

5.) Turn to Stone by iLuna17 - Such an original story with not nearly enough love as it deserves! It's about two statues that come to life for just one night and experience the simplest things in the world and it just breaks your heart a bit. The writing is beautiful and touching and sweet and hopeful and I just loved it from start to finish.

10. Top 5 favourite spells and why?

1.) Accio - The lazy person in me would adore this.

2.) Cheering Charm - No one likes a crank. (To be used on myself and others.)

3.) Scourgify - I like to think I would never have to do the dishes again with this guy here.

4.) Disillusionment Charm - I'd be almost invisible... The possibilities are endless! hehehe

5.) Episkey - I like to think this would mean I'd never have to go to the doctors again for things like broken bones and deep cuts (I'm Iatrophobic).

That's everything! Yay! Thank you so much for the questions!!! :hug:

Edited by WriteYourHeartOut, 29 January 2014 - 01:45 AM.

#10 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 371 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

Hey! Feel free to skip if this has been asked before!

1. How was your speed dating experience?
2. You're an actor! Fun! Does this help when you're writing?
3. Your banners are great too, and make them yourself! Have you ever tried TDA? Do you ever make banners before you write stories when you're inspired?
4. Which story on the archives is your, "I wish I wrote that!" story?
5. Hm. James Sirius Potter or Albus Severus Potter?

Have fun!

12620xh.png

thefifthmonth @ tda & bloodstream7 @lj 

this stuff i've written. [15+] whoa, questions. [12+] erm, a gallery [15+]

#11 WriteYourHeartOut

WriteYourHeartOut

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 837 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

Hey! Feel free to skip if this has been asked before!

Woohoo! Questions! Thank you, Nadia! And I think these are all new for me, so I'll get to answering, shall I? ^.^

1. How was your speed dating experience?

Ah, I had a fantastic Speed Dating experience! It started off with me waiting up until 3am to see the announcements of the pairs so that I could immediately bombard whoever my partner was with my initial idea and ask what they thought, if they liked it and wanted to work with, if they had other ideas, etc. etc. - I was trying not to waste any time because I'm always the last person to submit a story for a deadline, it seems, and with a partner relying on me, I was afraid I'd accidentally miss the deadline for us both, so I wasn't gonna waste any time and fail them! I ended up being paired with Singularity and we got on right from the start! She responded really quickly and loved my idea, and we agreed on the characters to use, too, and she offered some really great suggestions, and we agreed on all the main details and were off to writing in no time! I think the biggest struggle we had was that we got along so well, we wasted a lot of time chatting and laughing! hehehe But it all worked out in the end! We were the last team to get in on time, because I was the last person to get mine into queue (with a cool twenty minutes to spare ;)), so it was a good thing I really did start when I did, cause I almost missed it for us both! haha

2. You're an actor! Fun! Does this help when you're writing?

Yay, acting (though it's actually been a while since I did any official acting - started concentrating on music more instead :p)! But yes, it absolutely does! The thing about acting is that you have to understand your character inside and out in order to play them properly and due justice to them and to whoever wrote them up. It helps most specifically with character driven stories (which is why all of my stories just about are character driven, haha) because, no matter who it is that you're playing or what it is that they're doing, you, as the actor, has to justify and understand their actions fully. Acting really has just helped me to understand the way a character might think, why they do what they do, and when I write, I picture my scenes as if they were being shot for a movie or television show, and that's generally how my description comes into play. I think to myself, if this were being shot, what expression would they have on their face? Where would their eyes be directed? Are they still, or crossing the room, or fiddling with their fingers? Is the close-up on their face because their expression is most important, or are they showing someone else's reaction? Etc. etc. haha It's sort of a weird way to think of it all, I think, but... hey, I'm kind of a weird person, so there you go! :p

3. Your banners are great too, and make them yourself! Have you ever tried TDA? Do you ever make banners before you write stories when you're inspired?

Oh, wow, thank you! I really appreciate that! ^.^ As far as TDA goes, I'm a member over there, though I rarely log on, and I don't have a gallery yet, but not because I don't want to! The thing is, I'm still a very, very average graphic designer, and I just feel like I want to wait until I'm a bit better and can do a few more advanced things before I put together a gallery that's meant to showcase everyone's best work. I just think my best work is still not too great, and the things I have done that I really am a fan of, they're so few and far between that it seems silly to dedicate an entire gallery to, like, the three images I'm proud of! haha So... I guess I'm just waiting until I feel a little more confident before I post on a graphic-based site. Posting here is a little simpler, because it's my writing that's the focus and the banner that's just the accent, but at TDA, all eyes are on the graphics. So yeah... to sum up, basically I'm a chicken who doesn't feel confident enough yet to post over there. LOL And I've never made a banner before writing a story, though I have made some (I believe they're called) blends that stand alone and are graphics based on random inspirations that don't pertain to any stories or anything. I've been slowly redoing my banners and redoing some of those blends now that I've improved a bit, and maybe by the end of all of that, I'll have worked up the courage to make a gallery! *crosses fingers*

4. Which story on the archives is your, "I wish I wrote that!" story?

Effortlessly Dead by likeness_of_a_seabird is, like, my favorite story on the site right now, and I would love to say that it was mine. :p It's only three chapters in at the moment (though chapter four is in the queue, I hear! *is a stalker*), but even in that short amount of space, there's an entire world created in this story, and what an incredible world it is. There's so much going on, so much mystery and suspense, and the characters are just incredible. It really deserves more attention than what it's currently recieving, because her writing and the originality of this story are both just phenomenal.

5. Hm. James Sirius Potter or Albus Severus Potter?

As someone who's not a big Next Gen reader, I'm not really too sure, to be honest! And I think it just depends entirely on who's version of James and Albus I'm reading that would determine who I like more at any given moment! Based strictly on the epilogue, though, I would say I like Albus more. He seems like such a sweet kid, and in my mind, he ends up in Hufflepuff. hehehe Also, he tends to be cast as Logan Lerman, who I adore, so yeah, I'll cast my vote for Albus. ^.^

Thank you for the wonderful questions, Nadia! :hug:

Edited by WriteYourHeartOut, 30 April 2014 - 05:00 PM.

#12 randomhpffwriter

randomhpffwriter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

Tanya! :happy: I come bearing questions for you!

1) Murphy's Law and Yhprum's Law. I LOVE how you made that connection. HOW did the idea strike you? (Singularity mentioned that it was your idea, so I'm asking you :p)

2) What is you top tip for writing a successful collaboration?

3) I love acting, and I was so happy when I read that you're an actor! Does it affect your writing style in any way?

4) You write, act and sing. Wow! How do balance all spheres of your life successfully?

5) What is your OTP?

6) If you could have ONE meal made by Mrs Weasley in real life, what would you ask her to make for you?

That'll be all for now :) Looking forward to your answers! 

Try the Gift-It Challenge (12+)

2vtzfar.png

Icon by legendson. Sig by anyroad.

I've written some stories (12+) Questions awayy! (12+)

#13 WriteYourHeartOut

WriteYourHeartOut

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 837 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

Tanya! :happy: I come bearing questions for you!

Ah, I'm so late in responding to these! I'm so sorry, my love! But yay, questions!!! :frolic:

1) Murphy's Law and Yhprum's Law. I LOVE how you made that connection. HOW did the idea strike you? (Singularity mentioned that it was your idea, so I'm asking you :p)

Dawww, my PIC Jen is such a sweetheart. :wub: I suppose I did technically come up with the foundation of the idea, yeah, though she provided some incredible insights that took it to a whole other level. All I really remember is that we had a general idea of what the Speed Dating Challenge would entail before we knew who we'd be partnered with, and so during those few days in between, I just sat around trying to brainstorm connections that I thought would be easy to handle with a partner, no matter who I ended up paired with. I don't remember exactly how Murphy's and Yhprum's Law's popped into my head, but once I thought of it, it was really the only idea I thought was special enough to present to Jen when we were paired. Every other idea I had just felt unoriginal and interchangeable, so I decided to immediately present her with my single potentially useful idea the second I saw her name next to mine, and she immediately grasped onto it, added some incredible edits to what I originally had, and we just flew with it from there!

2) What is you top tip for writing a successful collaboration?

I think if I can only pick one, the top tip would have to be... communication? I think that a good collab can really only work if you and your partner are on the same page entirely, that you fully understand each of your duties, each of your tasks, and every detail that allows your work to mix and match without feeling disconnected or in some way contradicting each other. And communication, especially in a rushed situation, like with the Speed Dating Challenge, becomes doubly important because there's not time to waste on misunderstandings and so on. And I really want to throw out a second tip, cause it's really important as well, and that's flexibility. You can't expect you and your partner to agree on 100% of all things always, and you'll have to be flexible and come to agreements and make compromises if you want to be successful. You can't expect to be the only person whose idea's matter, or vice versa, because anyone involved in the collab deserves a say, deserves to be heard, and deserves to have their idea at least considered and appreciated! ^.^

3) I love acting, and I was so happy when I read that you're an actor! Does it affect your writing style in any way?

Acting! Ugh, I love acting, too. And even though I haven't acted in a few months time, all my training in acting affects my writing always. The thing about being an actor - as I'm sure you must know - is that  you learn to understand characters and the decisions each character makes on a really clear, deep level - no matter how similar of different you are to that person. If you're acting the part of someone evil and twisted and crazy and dark, someone I can safely assume is unlike both me and you, you still have to find a way to relate to that person, to understand their story, to understand how they got to this point in their life, and that ability to not only figure a character out to the core of them, but to also feel that you understand them in some way, is an exceptionally useful tool when it comes to writing out a character. I would say my experience in acting causes me write more character driven stories than plot driven ones, too. Acting also effects my writing a lot when I'm simply drafting, because my drafts tend to look more like screenplays than novels in the beginning! hehehe It's, like, 90% dialogue and 10% stage directions. :p

4) You write, act and sing. Wow! How do balance all spheres of your life successfully?

Uh... I think the word successfully leaves a lot to be desired. hahaha I haven't written in actual months, so... yeah, there's that. I sang at my mom's wedding and have an audition at a restaurant this week that will hopefully turn into a solid gig, but since I'm not acting at the moment either, singing will be the only one of these things I've really done at all lately! That's a bit sad now that I've written it all out... I'll have to look up some theatre auditions again and wake my writing Muse up from its deep, dark sleep so I can rectify this situation stat! :p

5) What is your OTP?

REMUS/SIRIUS :wub:

6) If you could have ONE meal made by Mrs Weasley in real life, what would you ask her to make for you?

Ooo, that's an excellent question. I think I'm gonna say lasagna. There's something exceptionally special about homemade lasagna, and I can only imagine the levels of awesome such a meal would reach with Mrs. Weasley's influence! :tanya:

Thank you for the awesome questions! I hope I answered them adequately! Either way, I had a blast responding to each! :hug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users