#1 LilyLou

LilyLou

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

First of all, hi guys!

I've been around here for a while, and have decided to completely remake a MTA topic (my first one was too disastrous to fix and so, here we are, a brand spanking new one!). Feel free to ask any question; I love talking to you guys (in a totally non-creeper manner, of course).

So here's a little bit about my writing:

I have a bunch of dark stories, such as

Meissa (M)

In My Time (M)

And I You (M)

Howling (M)

Nightmares (M) 

And more to come!

I also have a few lighter stories, though they all have that dark bit to them:

Fainting Fancies (M)

The Life of Anni Powells (M)

Absolutely Brilliant (M)

Fragile (M)

A Thousand Years (M)

How To Love (M)

And more to come!

If you have any questions about my writing, or any of my stories, please, feel free to ask!  I'm always open to questions!

Thanks guys!

Set by me, LilyLou@TDA

Wind_zps836c2c05.png

My Stories (15+) | TDA (15+) |  | In My Time (M)

#2 toomanycurls

toomanycurls

New Blood in the Queue

• Validator
  • 509 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:53 AM

Hello!!! I popped in here and saw you didn't have any questions. I wanted to fix that!!

1. What was your inspiration for Howling? 

2. Did you start In My Time with a lot of research about the era?

3. What were the challenges in writing a historical story?

4. What draws you to writing angst?

.:Rose:.

sXRIrly.gif

House Cup set by emmaweasley and patronus_charm | Author Page | MTA  (12+)

#3 LilyLou

LilyLou

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

Thanks so much for dropping by!

1. When the QTR set up the challenge of writing a scary story, I wanted to enter.  But I had no idea what to write about!  That night, I just so happened to have been watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2, and the scene with the Grey Lady gave me the idea!

2. I did an extensive amount of research, actually.  I first started by using the HP Wiki and searching up Walburga, who was the character I wanted to write about.  Following family trees that intertwined, through Rosier's and Malfoy's, I discovered the characters that JK created that were around during that time, and had to be careful when creating OC's, because I didn't want to contradict anything the Queen had already said.  Like, I couldn't give Walburga a sister, because JK already established that she only had two younger brothers, Alphard and Cygnus.  Therefore, I was unable to give her a sister.

3. There are many challenges in writing a historical fic.  First of all, the World War was going on during the time that In My Time is based in, and I feel that even though they're pureblooded wizards and witches, the war had to affect them in some way.  I'm from America, which means that I know little about World War II's impact and events in England.  So I had to research, and I still haven't quite weaved it into my writing yet, but that is another challenge I have to face.

4.  I'm always nervous when outlining a plot for a new novel that it's too cliche, or too boring, or makes no sense.  This gives me anxiety because I'm fearful of being judged, and so when I post a story or chapter, I feel as though it isn't good enough. :p (I hope that answered your question, haha)

Thanks so much for the questions!

Set by me, LilyLou@TDA

Wind_zps836c2c05.png

#4 Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin

Inquisitorial Squad

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

Hey there!  I have a few questions for you:

1. Where do you find that you draw most of your inspiration from?
  2. I see that your stories range in Era.  Do you have a favorite Era?
  3. Who is your favorite HP character and why?
  4. How long have you been writing?

Where fate makes dreams go up in smoke.

SigEverto_zps1d3f04a6.jpg

Crazy Rumpel Writing (12+) :: Interrogation Center (12+)

#5 LilyLou

LilyLou

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

Hello!

1. I tend to draw my inspirations from my friends and family, as well as all you lovely people around here!  I try to think of original ideas to write, and they end up getting mixed with HP ideas.

2. I honestly don't have a favorite era.  I love reading both Next Generation and Marauders, but I like to write originally, so some of my stories fall under 'other' like In My Time.

3. I love the characters that are mysterious, and I'm also a rather big fan of Death Eaters and purebloods.  Characters like Walburga Black and Narcissa Black-Malfoy leave me fascinated, and Regulus, Greyback, and minor characters like Rosier and Mulciber leave me wondering.  I don't really have any particular favorites. 

4. I've been writing for about a year now.  As soon as I discovered this sight, I knew I wanted to write.  That was the first time I ever started writing.  I've been writing ever since, and have been improving steadily, and I most definitely see writing in my future.

Thanks for the lovely questions.  :happy:

Set by me, LilyLou@TDA

Wind_zps836c2c05.png

#6 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:00 AM

Hey there! I have some questions for you :)

1. What was going through your mind when you wrote Rabastan Lestrange?
2. Are there any ships you don't like? Why?
3. How do you go about planning your stories?
4. Which stories are you most proud of?
5. If you could swap your penname with another author's penname (basically, if you could have wrote any author's stories here on HPFF) who would that be?

Have fun answering ;)

C4Cm5bK.jpg wQ0f92k.png JYYNBGy.jpg 

this stuff i've written. [15+] whoa, questions. [12+] erm, a gallery [15+]

icons by hapakitsune@lj

#7 LilyLou

LilyLou

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

Hey!

1. What was going through my mind? I have no idea. It just sort of hit me. What if, what if, what if? I tried to find alternative reasons that he would be a Death Eater, as well as different feelings he may have had, towards friends and more.

2. I despise anything that goes against JK's sayings.

3. Honestly, I start every story as a plot bunny. I sit down to write it out until I either get bored of it, or it's completed into a one shot. Then, if it gets interesting and I love it, I start to think it out. The first thing I think of is the ending, though. And honestly, I can say that in the middle of my novel WIP's, I have no idea what going to happen any more than my readers. I just know it'll come to me when the time is right.

4. I'm proud of my story 'In My Time' the most. The idea I find utterly original for a fanfiction. Very little goes by JK. I don't have to worry about much writing it. A lot is free reign. So I have the freedom to write more, and I am proud of what I've come up with. I'm also proud of my one shot 'A Thousand Years' because for the two challenges I entered it in, it took first and second.

5. This ones easy: if I could be another author, I wish I could be either Lululuna, or AC_Rules. I love their stories, oh so very much. Their technique and originality is astounding. I admire them!

Thanks, I did enjoy answering these!

Set by me, LilyLou@TDA

Wind_zps836c2c05.png

#8 maraudertimes

maraudertimes

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

Hello dear!

1. Why did you decide to join the HPFF and HPFF forums community?
2. You write in a lot of different eras. Is there one you favor? Why?
3. Where do you draw inspiration from?
4. What would you patronus be and why?
5. What would you think of when conjuring a patronus?
6. Out of all your MCs, which is your favourite and why?
7. If you could ask J.K. Rowling one thing about the HP verse, what would it be?
8. Which one of your stories are you absolutely, completely in love with and why?
9. Top 5 favourite fics on the archives and why?
10. Top 5 favourite spells and why?

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Lo:)

QiLjOhD.gif
Link in the signature, made by Elenia (who also made the avatar), to my author page - 12+
The Female Artist Challenge - 1st Place: Ravenclaw333 - Lion Hearted Girl (15+)
2nd Place: ohmymerlin - Who You Are (M)

#9 LilyLou

LilyLou

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:36 PM

Lo!

1. I have always loved Harry Potter, and I used to be obsessed with facebook pages that honored HP.  There was this one that I adored, and one of the admins shared a link to a story on HPFF.  Before I knew it, I was infatuated by everything and everyone here!

2. I try to keep a variety, but my favorites are Marauders and Next Generation.  I can't choose one over the other!  I love Marauders because of the darkness--I love reading and writing about the Death Eaters (in case you couldn't tell).  But I also love Next Generation, because of the freedom you have when writing it (and fluff--I love fluff)

3. My inspiration comes from my life itself, as well as all the different stories I read.

4. I have absolutely no idea.  I took a test once, and got a Wild Dog.  I truly don't know why though.

5. Hmm... a memory that involves me and my friends, probably, from when I was younger, maybe fifth grade?

6. Ohhh, this is a tricky question.  My favorite as a person, is probably Walburga, because I kind of wrote her to be like me.  But I also love writing Anibel, because of her snarky, clever self.

7. How she exactly pictured Regulus!  What he looked like, how he was, who he was friends with, his true opinions on Sirius and his friends, everything about him!

8. Oh wow.  I don't know!  I LOVE my plot for In My Time, because I already have all the characters planned out, from beginning to end.  But I love Meissa, as well.

9. AN IMPOSSIBLE QUESTION!  Currently?  Clash by Shenanigan, Where My Heart Lies (by you!), Trying Not To Love You by Elenia, The Art of Breathing by AC_Rules, and Polychromatic by HarryPotter is my LIFE.  I recommend all of them!

10. Obliviate, for reasons I will not reveal for the sake of my readers; Silencio, because I wish it was real; The Patronus Charm, because its so pretty; Honestly, I really don't have any other favorites.  Those are just a select few. 

Set by me, LilyLou@TDA

Wind_zps836c2c05.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users