6 replies to this topic

#1 red_headed_juliet

red_headed_juliet

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

Hello!  :bye:  Looks like you've found your way to my MTA page! I'm so happy! At least, I will be once you let me know you were here. +]  I'm a bit of the newb to the site, but I don't plan on going anywhere for a while, so I figured why not!

Things you should know about me:

My hubby and little boy are my are heart and soul, respectively.

I'm American, and will need your guidance with the britpicking. (I had no idea it was called petrol over there until I started requesting reviews. *smh*)

I love a good challenge. LOVE THEM! 

So far, my favorite story I've found on the site is "With All Things" and I THINK it's from TheTenthWeasley, but I could be wrong about the penname. Ooops! (Too lazy to search for it)

Fun fact: Fluent in American Sign Language. Go me!

And finally-- I'm a pretty simple person who loves to answer questions, silly or otherwise, so fire away!  

Edgar Allan Poe Plot Challenge Winners:

1st- Guilt (M) by Lululuna...2nd- Nevermore(M) by MrsJaydeMalfoy...3rd- Cold Soul(15+) by ~chocolate

nYWqlQr.png

Author page(12+)

#2 toomanycurls

toomanycurls

Site Statistician

• Validator
  • 547 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

Hello!! *waves*

I wanted to give you a Ravenclaw welcome to MTA. :D I had a chance to poke through your Author's Page and wow, your stuff looks quite interesting. I'm going to read through some of it this weekend! (Expect a review or two ;))

Here are your questions:

1. When you were 11, how would you have reacted to a letter from Hogwarts? (assuming you hadn't read HP when you were 11)

2. What attracted you to writing FF? What keeps you writing?

3. Do you have a favorite ship from HP? What is it?

4. If you could spend an afternoon having tea with any character from HP, who would it be?

5. If you could introduce Harry to any 3 characters from other book, TV show, or movie who would it be and why?

I think that's good for now! 

.:Rose:.

Posted Image

Amazing set by lightleviosa5443@tda  | Author Page | MTA  (12+)

#3 red_headed_juliet

red_headed_juliet

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:42 AM

Wonderful! Reviews are always welcome!

Let's see....

1. I might've passed out. I definitely would've screamed and danced and waved it in front of my mother and the few younger siblings I had, but it also would've made me nervous, because I would be away from my family for so long. I always wondered what that was like.

2. The first thing that attracted me to fanfic was guessing what was going to happen next. I actually started writing twilight fanfic first (I know, I know, but it was before the awful last book *my opinion* and when I was pretty young) and now I keep writing it because I think it helps my writing, and I want to make sure I'm comfortable with my own writing style and pre-writing organization before I start on an original fiction novel. I had quit for awhile when a friend of mine asked me to write A Sirius Love Affair for her birthday, and I remembered how fun it was.

3. I was always a Ron/Hermione supporter, WAY before there was any hint at her choosing him over Harry. (I have a thing for red heads, and fancied myself as quite like Hermione.) +] 

4. Oh gosh!! Can I have 2? They come as a pair +]  I would love to have tea with Fred and George, though if I must pick one, I would say Fred. He seems to be the most outgoing of the two. 

5. Very nice question! I think I would like to introduce Harry Potter to Peeta Melark from Hunger Games, just to see exactly how many world peace plans they could come up with. It would be good for them. They both have a little crazy issues too. +]  I would also like to see Harry meet River Tam from Firefly, because that would just be hilarious. Based on his reactions to Luna, he might just enjoy her. And finally.... (this is a hard one).... Sherlock Holmes. It would be entertaining to try and see him debunk the blatant reality of magic. I can just imagine his brain exploding... now that I think about it, it might not be such a good idea...

Well, thanks for the questions! They were good ones, and I hope you enjoy what you read! I'm pretty excited for the first chapter of my Adventures of Arthur Weasley to get validated, I'm really wanting some feedback on it. <3   :bye:  see you later!  Claw pride!

1st- Guilt (M) by Lululuna...2nd- Nevermore(M) by MrsJaydeMalfoy...3rd- Cold Soul(15+) by ~chocolate

nYWqlQr.png

Author page(12+)

#4 keyty_

keyty_

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:47 AM

Hello! I just read A Child's Cry (and left a gushing review, I might add  :blushing: ) and thought I'd stop by with a few questions!

1. When writing it, which (if any) of the Weasley children most resembles your son as a baby?
  2. Did you draw inspiration from him for all of them (if any, again)?
  3. Which is your favorite Weasley?
  4. If you were to be in any other house, which would it be, and why?
  5. Have you always identified as a Ravenclaw?
  6. Which is your favorite book in the series, and why?
  7. And lastly, if you could correct only one thing they messed up in the movies, what would it be?

Hope you have fun answering these!

from up above challenge winner

hufflepuffforhousecupanimation_zpsb09763

keyty | set by emmaweasley. go hufflepuff!

review thread | mta

all links are 12+

#5 red_headed_juliet

red_headed_juliet

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:17 AM

Yay! More questions! (And thanks for leaving me some feedback!)

1. Funny question! My son actually resembles Charlie. When he was born he didn't cry. It took them a few minutes to get him yelling. He had the biggest eyes on a baby, and he kept them wide open, just soaking everything in. I always thought Charlie would be the curious and observant one, so I used that. +]

2. Actually, no. Not all of them. I have eight younger brothers and sisters. The oldest of which is seven years younger than I am, and the youngest is fifteen years younger than I am. I have vivid memories of all of them as tiny pink chubby babies, and so had plenty of characteristics to choose from.

3. Fred. I know that some people think the twins were identical in personality, but I always felt more attracted to Fred than George. I'm odd...

4. I'm going to have to say Gryffindor. (Omg. My kindle had that in it's dictionary. I love this thing more and more.) While I know in my heart of hearts that I'm a Ravenclaw through and through, I think I could fit in there. I can get extremely protective of the people I care about, and wouldn't be afraid to stand up for them at any given time.

5. No, actually. I was pleasantly surprised that the sorting hat on pottermore put me in that house, but agreed with it quickly. I love learning. Ignorance is something I strive to avoid. +]

6. Man, this is a hard one... I'm going to say the fifth book. I think that everything becomes more real in OotP. Not to mention the end of that book with Sirius gone and the wording world finally coming to terms with reality, it satiated my yearning for tragedy. There's nothing like the end of a golden age to do that for you. 

7. The fifteen minute duel with Voldemort at the end of movie 8. I felt like they completely missed the point of the entire book and undermined a major message. Harry didn't win because he was better at magic, or more clever. He won because of his love and determination. He couldn't have won without the help of his friends and family. In the reality of the Potterverse, Harry was in most ways average. Even being good at Dada should be expected. Everyone is going to be especially good at something. Voldemort should've won in a duel like that against Harry. Allowing that to happen totally makes Voldemort seem less deadly than he was, taking away some of the joy in being victorious. (Sorry about the rant. It just totally bummed me out when they did that. Stupid director. YOU HAD THE SCRIPT ALREADY! Why would you cut out entire characters and then add in a fifteen minute duel that never was supposed to happen!)

Whew. Glad I got that off my chest. Anyways, thanks for the questions! Those were fun. +]

nYWqlQr.png

Author page(12+)

#6 Sarah the Ravenclaw

Sarah the Ravenclaw

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

Hi! I have some questions for you!

1. How did you find HPFF?

2. What genre is your favourite to write?

3. Of the stories you've written, which is your favourite?

4. You can only write one era, which do you choose?

5. If you could only read one genre, which would you choose?

Sarah

qM5VVUj.png

..::i was a drizzle and she was a hurricane::..

My Stories [12+ to M] | TDA [15+]

#7 red_headed_juliet

red_headed_juliet

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:50 AM

Oo. Hard questions.

1. How did you find HPFF?

I originally wrote fanfiction on a different site. When that closed down, I googled fan fiction. I wasn't impressed by the first few results, but this site was on page one, and I fell in love. It took me awhile to figure out there was a forum to go and socialize on though. I was pretty busy graduating, getting married, and starting a family. When things evened out though, I signed up as quick as I could.

2. What is your favorite genre to write?

I'm going to say drama. I really like dealing with raw emotions, and finding the right combination of words to express what's going on internally. 

3. Of the stories you've written, which is your favorite? 

Do I have to pick? Lol. After much deliberation, I'm going to say A Sirius Love Affair. It isn't my best work, and it isn't my most popular, but it was my baby for months. Maggy was my first OC, and I feel in love with the idea of Sirius falling for a girl in a little magic shop. I wrote THE Halloween night first in that piece, from Sirius's perspective. It was actually a lot of my firsts, and I learned a lot by writing it. A Child's Cry came easily for me, the words just flew off my fingertips. I feel more connected to ASLA, so it wins out as favorite, though if I ever finish The Adventures of Arthur Weasley: Detective Games, that may change.

4. You can only write one era, which do you choose?

Marauders. Next gen is kinda growing on me, but I like back stories. I want to explore Lupins childhood, how Arthur met Molly, Sirius's most daring moments. I can appreciate the creativity that next gen allows, but I can't resist the pull from characters I already love.

If you could only read one genre, which would you choose? 

This is awfully hard. It was a toss up between romance and mystery, but I think romance would become too predictable, so mystery it is. 

Thanks for your questions! This was fun. +]

Edited by red_headed_juliet, 14 April 2014 - 05:53 AM.

nYWqlQr.png

Author page(12+)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: red_headed_juliet, MTA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users