21 replies to this topic

#1 maraudertimes

maraudertimes

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

Hi, I'm maraudertimes, both here on the forums and on the archives!
I have a plethora of stories that include but aren't limited to:

All Bets Are Off which is currently being rewritten as Upping The Ante (M)
An Unlikely Quartet (M)
The Unknown (M)
Where My Heart Lies (M)
NED (15+)
Audrey (12+)
Royal (M) which is currently being rewritten as Sovereignty

Edited by Alopex, 03 May 2014 - 02:42 AM.
request

NED_zpsfd24e7dc.png
Link in the signature, made by LilyLou (who also made the avatar), to my author page - 12+
The Female Artist Challenge - 1st Place: Ravenclaw333 - Lion Hearted Girl (15+)
2nd Place: ohmymerlin - Who You Are (M)

#2 BLONDEbehaviour

BLONDEbehaviour

New Blood in the Queue

• Validator
  • 247 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Haaaaay Lo! Thought I would come and ask some questions for ya, your thread looked lonely!

1. How did you come across HPFF?

2. What was the very first story that you read on the archives?

3. What was your inspiration to begin writing FF?

4. What canon character do you connect with the most?

5. Favourite ship?

6. How did you come up with the plot for All Bets Are Off?

7. Do you have a muse to write or do you just write when you want?

Can't wait to see your answers to these :D

QiLjOhD.gif

Awesome Gryffindor set created by Elenia @HPFF/TDA

Authors Page: (M) 

#3 maraudertimes

maraudertimes

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Heeeeey!

How goes it? Well, I hope! Now onto the questions!

1. How did you come across HPFF?

Well it was Christmas of 2012 and I had just gotten a tablet, and for the life of me I didn't know what to do at all. I was bored on Christmas holidays. I knew about fan fiction because my friend talked about writing Supernatural fan fiction herself, but I had never really thought of it as a form of entertainment (and yes, I wholeheartedly agree that reading is a form of entertainment). So I googled 'Harry Potter Fan Fiction' and I came across HPFF. I still don't know if it's the best or worst thing that's ever happened to me (best because I got to write fan fiction and meet cool people on the forums *wink wink*, worst because I actually cannot leave. I think I'm on at least once a day, and if not, once every two days - it's an addiction [but a good one]).

2. What was the very first story that you read on the archives?

Now bear with me because I honestly don't remember. Because I read quickly and I had lots of time on my hands because it was the holidays, I'm pretty sure I read about three or four or five within a week. All I know is that it was Sirius/OC. Hold on, let me see if I can check... Okay, I think it was probably Can't Touch This by prongslittleflower (M), followed closely by The Art of Breathing. by AC_Rules (M) or Messes of Men by Roonyskatoony (M). 

3. What was your inspiration to begin writing FF?

Well, I spent about a month just reading fan fiction, and because I love to write naturally, one day I just decided not to be just a reader. I told myself that if others could do it, I could certainly try, and if I didn't succeed, it really didn't matter, as long as one person had read my stories and had liked them.

4. What canon character do you connect with the most?

Ooh, this is tough. I'm going to say Hermione, just because I love to read. I can't not read. I think the last time I didn't read for pleasure for over two weeks straight, was exam time last year, because I needed great marks to get into a program at school, or when I was two years old (I learned to read at three).

5. Favourite ship?

If you did check out the links above (both M, just saying), you'll see that they all had something in common - Sirius/OC. It's my guilty pleasure. Although I am warming up to Next Gen's Albus/OC, James II/OC, and good Scorpius/Rose ones.

6. How did you come up with the plot for All Bets Are Off?

Well, I decided I wanted to write fan fiction and I wanted it to be Sirius/OC. Every fic I had read, Sirius was a 'playa' so I wanted to give a reason for why he was like that. Then, I wanted to incorporate a head-strong female OC as the main character, and have them both slowly fall for each other, but with twists along the way (I can't spoil the end for you, but it's going to be unexpected :p). Thus, the bets were born. Then all I really needed was a setting, so I just started writing the first two chapters where I introduce both of them, and it kind of stemmed from there. That story is actually my notoriously unplanned one. I've been planning it as I go...

7. Do you have a muse to write or do you just write when you want?

I do not have a muse. Actually, I don't know what a muse is, but I just googled it, so I'm going to say it's a woman who helps you write? In any case, no I do not have one. I guess I just have a gift that allows me to write absolutely whenever I want. And I mean whenever. I've started writing in French class, during lunch, while doing homework... I've even started planning a fic whilst in the shower, though for obvious reasons I couldn't start writing it until I actually got out.

Thank you for these wonderful questions and I hope you are satisfied and surprised at my answers! :)

NED_zpsfd24e7dc.png
Link in the signature, made by LilyLou (who also made the avatar), to my author page - 12+

#4 harrypotterlover1

harrypotterlover1

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

QUESTIONS.

1. How much time do you dedicate to writing a day (not including nano) just normally?

2. Would you rather get reviews or views?

3. Which one of your OC characters is your favourite?

4. Do you think there would have been a third wizarding war in cannon? ( wit the remaining DE?)

5. Have you invented waterproof paper yet, for when an idea strikes you in the shower?

6. Do you write OF?

Have fun :)

Edited by harrypotterlover1, 10 November 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#5 maraudertimes

maraudertimes

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Hi!

Okay, onto questions!

1. How much time do you dedicate to writing a day (not including nano) just normally?

I'm really ashamed to say this, but hardly any. I usually do my writing on Friday nights and weekends. Then I'll write for hours on end. The only time during the week that I write is when I'm home sick or I'm in class and I'm bored, or when inspiration strikes and I just have to.

2. Would you rather get reviews or views.

Reviews. Plain and simple. I'm extremely self-conscious when it comes to my writing, so when I put a new chapter of a story up, I go a little mad and check on review count vs. view count. Then when the view count is over 100 and I've gotten one review (I'm not counting requested reviews), I get kind of antsy and start beating myself up over it, saying that no one's reviewing because they don't want to say they hate it and hurt my feelings... So yeah... I love reviews!

3. Which one of your OC characters is your favourite?

Eek! Don't make me choose! Okay, okay. First, I'm going to make a list, just so that I can remember all my OCs (and only my main character OCs, otherwise it would be an even longer list...).

Emily from Shattered (12+)

Charlotte from Shattered (12+)

Abigail Prescott from My Best Mate (12+) and my NaNo project Where My Heart Lies

Carolyn Evans from Royal (M)

Claudia Crabtree from This Is Not A Love Story (12+)

Tamara Lewis from Romanian Romance (15+)

Cassiopeia Black from Black Sheep (15+)

Calla Lily Antonescu from Limbo (15+)

Alexandra James from All Bets Are Off (M)

Luna from Animal (M)

Wow, I write a lot of OCs... Onto the point! I love them all, but I think I love writing as Carolyn (Royal) more than anyone else. I just love that I can go from her being a complete ditz about magical things, to her being regal and making decisions, to goofing off and accidentally breaking things. Of course, Lexi (All Bets Are Off) will always be my baby since she was my first OC, but there's something about Carolyn that really makes me love writing as her. Of course, I love writing Luna (Animal), just because the premise and plot of that story is probably my most daring and exciting out of all of them, but she's not as carefree and loving as Carolyn. So, I guess my answer would be: Carolyn Evans from Royal.

4. Do you think there would have been a Third Wizarding War in cannon? (with the remaining DE?)

I don't know how I should answer this, so I'm going to give two answers that may seem like they're contradicting each other. I don't think that the remaining Death Eaters would cause a Third Wizarding War, but there would be quite a lot of arrests and panic for a few years after the second one. But, I do think there would have been a Third Wizarding War somewhere along the way, with the Death Eaters supporting it, but not being the sole cause of it. Does that make sense?

5. Have you invented waterproof paper yet, for when an idea strikes you in the shower?

No, unfortunately. All I do is continually think about the idea for the remaining time in the shower (though that usually means I take 20 minutes instead of 5 shampooing my hair...) and then write it down when I get out.

6. Do you write OF?

Almost continuously. I never actually write a chapter of OF, so much as just scenes of different genres and story lines that just come to me randomly. I have started planning an OF novel for NaNo Camp, but until we get there, I don't know if I'll be able to finish it. But OF is actually where I started writing, so I think I owe it much more gratitude than FF because it really got me into writing.

Thank you! Hope these answers are, shall we say, adequate?

Lo :)

Edited by maraudertimes, 10 November 2013 - 02:53 PM.

NED_zpsfd24e7dc.png

#6 toomanycurls

toomanycurls

New Blood in the Queue

• Validator
  • 528 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

Hi Lo!! 

I'm here with some questions!! :D

1. If you could live through any of your stories, which would it be and why?

2. If you had been sent to Hogwarts as an 11 year old, what would your family say?

3. What sort of OF do you write?

4. Given the chance, which HP character would you want to have tea with? What would you talk about?

5. What would you buy from Weasley Wizard Wheezes?

.:Rose:.

eLiV2uH_zps11186152.png

Amazing set by lightleviosa5443@tda  | Author Page | MTA  (12+)

#7 maraudertimes

maraudertimes

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

Hi Rose!

Yay! Questions! :)

1. If you could live through any of your stories, which would it be and why?

Hmm... I think I would probably want to live through two of my stories, but for completely different reasons, so I'll explain. I would love to live through Royal (M) just because I love that story and I love the ending (which you guys will have to wait for :p), but seeing as the ending is a little sad, I don't know about that. Romanian Romance (15+) on the other hand is sad near the ending, but the ending is actually really happy and I could totally see myself in that situation. Well... not really, but I would love to be. I love both Carolyn and Tommy so much though, just as who they are as their characters, so it's really a toss up. Of course, there are advantages to both... But because you asked for one, I'm going to say Romanian Romance because I would probably mess up in running a country and doom my people... :)

2. If you had been sent to Hogwarts as an 11 year old, what would your family say?

Well, there are a few things. One, if the Harry Potter series was still a series at the time, my mother would have been ecstatic and my father would have been too, but less so - my mum was the one who read them to me. Two, they would probably ask why there wasn't a Wizarding school closer to us (I live in the Great White North - Canada). Three, my brother and sister would definitely ask me to do magic whenever I came home even if I told them it was illegal. Actually, especially if I told them it was illegal. But I don't think that's what you're looking for? Anyways, I think my family would be excited for me, albeit a little jealous, but overall they wouldn't really care as long as I whipped them up pancakes every morning after I turned seventeen... My family, everybody!

3. What sort of OF do you write?

I write a lot of random OF. Notably, Sci-Fi and Fantasy, but I did write half of a Historical Fiction novel on the Halifax Explosion for a project last year. The most memorable stories I've written include one where a society's technology is really advanced to the point that people are so dependent on technology that they go nuts if their machines (cars, elevators, toasters, etc.) stop working. Then the MC has to battle this evil person who's trying to keep the population enslaved by continuously supplying them with new tech. Never really got far on that one. Another one was where there where half-demons-half-human hybrids who could manipulate either fire, earth, water, or wind, and the MC along with a group of people she was with had to revolt against their leader so that their leader wouldn't end up decimating the population who wasn't half-demon-half-human. I think I might be writing that for NaNo Camp next year, but it's a toss up between that one and this one: A story where the MC is hit by a car and dies, then comes back to life when the person who hit her (her science teacher) injects her with something that transforms her into a type of zombie. Then she has to make sure said science teacher doesn't hurt the rest of her school and create a giant army of chemically induced zombies. The most I've written for those stories is about three chapters each. Max. Hope that answered your question.

4. Given the chance, which HP character would you want to have tea with? What would you talk about?

I would love to have tea with Ginny just because I think she's so awesome and she kicks butt! Also, I would ask her all about Harry and obsession and how I can get hair like hers because I really love red hair. A little bit because I also think she would skip tea altogether and try and teach me how to play Quidditch. :)

5. What would you buy from Weasley Wizard Wheezes?

Hmm... I think I would buy Skiving Snackboxes because I get really stressed in school and sometimes I just need to stay home, but my parents don't like that so whenever I'm feeling stressed I have to pretend to be sick. Or maybe Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder so I could make a quick getaway after saying something horribly embarrassing to the guy I like... But I also really want a Pygmy Puff, so I really don't know... Do you think they have something to help with indecision? ;)

Hope that answers them!

Lo :)

NED_zpsfd24e7dc.png

#8 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

Lo, some quick questions for you!

1. So this one involves some work. I want you to take all your characters that you have so far in Primadonna, and choose a colour that would best represent them. Yes I'm trying to solve the mystery hehehehe.

2. What pairings do you like to write?

3. What age group do you like writing best? Children, teens, adults etc.

Have fun! :D

12620xh.png

thefifthmonth @ tda & bloodstream7 @lj 

this stuff i've written. [15+] whoa, questions. [12+] erm, a gallery [15+]

#9 maraudertimes

maraudertimes

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

Hey!

1. Eesh! This is work! Okay!

Verity Malfoy - Bright Bubblegum Pink

Abraxas Malfoy - Dark Green

Patty - Light/Puke Green (?)

Rabastan Lestrange - Dark Red (although if Verity asked he would say Bright Turquoise because Turquoise and Pink go together)

Lucius Malfoy - Pale Grey

Unnamed Girl - Dark Blue/Navy

I think that's everyone. If you're only counting people involved, in which case Bellatrix would be Blood Red and Voldemort would be Black. But yeah, that's it! Hope that helped and/or intrigued you! ;)

2. I love to write a lot of pairings, although usually I feel more comfortable with Canon/OC. Out of those, I really like reading Sirius/OC, but I think I love writing Albus II/OC just because I really love having the freedom to put him in whichever House, give him whichever personality, etc. (Be sure to keep an eye out for 'Where My Heart Lies' which is my NaNo project and a strange twist on an Albus II/OC). But I do love writing Sirius/OCs too... Okay so basically, Sirius/OC, James II/OC, Albus II/OC. I just really love writing Canon/OC pairings! :)

3. I love writing teens. No questions asked. Seeing as I'm part of that age group, I feel more comfortable because even if others don't think I've captured the teenage mentality, I know that I personally got it on the mark. Also, it's just easier for me to be confident in how I portray the characters, since I base a lot of things my teen character do on things my friends have done before.

Hope those answered your questions! :)

Thank you so much!

Lo:)

NED_zpsfd24e7dc.png

#10 Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin

Inquisitorial Squad

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:09 AM

Hey MT!  I've come prepared with questions!

1. What inspired you to write Royal.  I haven't seen anything like it so far <3!

2. In ABAO, speaking of teenagers, how do you write all of the teenage drama?  Honestly, it's an area that I struggle with, but am working on/with.

3. Of the following, which do you prefer writing:

Action or Romance

Mystery or Humor

Angst or Adventure

AU or Cannon

4. What would you say that your greatest accomplishment in life has been so far? Or the one you are most proud of?

That's all I've got for now!

Where fate makes dreams go up in smoke.

SigEverto_zps1d3f04a6.jpg

Crazy Rumpel Writing (12+) :: Interrogation Center (12+)

#11 maraudertimes

maraudertimes

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

Hey MT!  I've come prepared with questions!

1. What inspired you to write Royal.  I haven't seen anything like it so far <3!

2. In ABAO, speaking of teenagers, how do you write all of the teenage drama?  Honestly, it's an area that I struggle with, but am working on/with.

3. Of the following, which do you prefer writing:

Action or Romance

Mystery or Humor

Angst or Adventure

AU or Cannon

4. What would you say that your greatest accomplishment in life has been so far? Or the one you are most proud of?

That's all I've got for now!

1. What inspired you to write Royal. I haven't seen anything like it so far <3!

Actually, the banner for Royal was what inspired me. I saw this gorgeous banner, and being the greedy person that I am, I just had to have it. So my mind started racing and eventually I came up with Carolyn. But I couldn't have her be a love interest for George, the queen of a nation, and a muggleborn witch, so I came up with Marielle. Everything else has kind of been just spur of the moment ideas! :)

2. In ABAO, speaking of teenagers, how do you write all of the teenage drama? Honestly, it's an area that I struggle with, but am working on/with.

Ahaha, well I am part of that age group, so I guess that tends to help quite a bit, but honestly, I just read and watch a lot of TV. My friends and I aren't really drama centric (though we do have our moments), so most of it is just drawing inspiration from cheesy teen romance stories or slightly over-the-top television shows centered around teens. :p

3. Of the following, which do you prefer writing?

Action or Romance Ooh, I do not know... Maybe... Romance? Only because I'm a sucker for the guy getting the girl and vice-versa. Also, I don't think I've written a lot of action, nor would it be something I would particularly excel in.

Mystery of Humor I just love humor. I can't not write something funny unless it is really just sad (example: last embrace. No funny, just sad)

Angst or Adventure Ah I'm loving angst as of late. I'm not really good at adventure anyways, so: Angst!

AU or Cannon I am huge on canon. It's a little scary. I'm not really one for Dramione because of it, and I don't really do so well with other non-canon pairings. I just really love my canon!

Hmm, this is a little difficult. I have a little bit of three as of late. I know you asked for one, but... 1. I recently refereed in a provincial soccer tournament, which is really big! 2. I finished NaNoWriMo! Yay! 3. (and this one isn't as good, but I'm super happy I could do it) I played an entire 40 minute game of futsal (a type of soccer), non-stop, with boys who are my age and older. All these things just make me feel really happy because they were all challenges but I guess if I had to pick one, it would be finishing NaNoWriMo because now I know that if I put my mind to it, I can finish anything! :)

Thanks so much for all these wonderful questions Rumpel! :D

Lo
:)

NED_zpsfd24e7dc.png

#12 Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin

Inquisitorial Squad

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

More questions!  Luckily, you keep writing more lovely stories for me to question all over ;).

1. You wrote a lovely one-shot for the Blackout (which I'll review later).  What was your initial inspiration for it (other than the Blackout)?
  2. Why did you base it during the Battle of Hogwarts?
  3. The ending was just...wow: "You said you would always protect me, but in the end you were the one I needed protection from."  Was it your intention from the beginning to end the story this way, or did it sneak up on you?
  4. Do you enjoy making me cry?
  5. In "Her Love", the relationship between Lavender and Juno was so sweet!  Where did you and your partner come up with it?
  6. Why did you decide to make Lav live after the Battle of Hogwarts?
  7. I think you've literally written in every era; what is your favorite?
  8. How do you keep all of your story ideas straight?  You write so many!

Where fate makes dreams go up in smoke.

SigEverto_zps1d3f04a6.jpg

Crazy Rumpel Writing (12+) :: Interrogation Center (12+)

#13 Penelope Inkwell

Penelope Inkwell

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

Hello!  So, you may not remember me.  We did a lot of review swaps awhile back and I’ve read all, I believe, that is posted of Romanian Romance.  And, judging from your page on the archives, you have updated twenty-two fics since then.  22!

1)  So, so far the only thing I’ve read from you is Romanian Romance.  If you could suggest one story that I should start with, out of all the rest of your work, what would it be?  

2)  What is the biggest challenge you face as an author, and how do you meet that challenge?  

3)  Who is your favorite character in the original HP books?  And who is your favorite character to write?

4)  You write so fast.  SOOooo fast.  I mean, I’m basing that off this whole 22 updates thing (again, wow!), and you seem to juggle several stories at once.  How do you do that?!  Secrets?  Strategies?  Dark bargains that can only be made in the light of a waning crescent moon?  Tell me of your ways!  ;)

--Penny

yjIphbe.png

(Traitorous Hearts)15+

Lovely signature image by Modthryth@TDA

#14 maraudertimes

maraudertimes

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:11 AM

More questions!  Luckily, you keep writing more lovely stories for me to question all over ;).

• You wrote a lovely one-shot for the Blackout (which I'll review later).  What was your initial inspiration for it (other than the Blackout)?
  • Why did you base it during the Battle of Hogwarts?
  • The ending was just...wow: "You said you would always protect me, but in the end you were the one I needed protection from."  Was it your intention from the beginning to end the story this way, or did it sneak up on you?
  • Do you enjoy making me cry?
  • In "Her Love", the relationship between Lavender and Juno was so sweet!  Where did you and your partner come up with it?
  • Why did you decide to make Lav live after the Battle of Hogwarts?
  • I think you've literally written in every era; what is your favorite?
  • How do you keep all of your story ideas straight?  You write so many!

Rumpel! You're back, yay! I always love your questions!

1. You wrote a lovely one-shot for the Blackout (which I'll review later). What was your initial inspiration for it (other than the Blackout)?

Erg! My initial inspiration was technically the blackout, although I suppose I can try and dig at the roots of why I wrote it... I guess the inspiration for the plot came from a post on Tumblr that talked about how unfair it was to label all the Slytherins who left the Battle of Hogwarts as cowards because it was very likely that most if not all of them would be fighting people they knew and people they loved, and many (not all but many) Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs, and Gryffindors would never have been able to put themselves in the Slytherins shoes. It really struck me because there must have been a few Slytherins who were of age that did fight, whether against strangers or loved ones, and the books never really focused on that aspect, although because it was centered on Harry, who is a Gryffindor, so that is to be expected. Then I was writing and not really going anywhere when I remembered the quote from Jean-Paul Sartre: "When the rich wage war its the poor that die." I decided that worked really well and then I decided to write in second person since apparently I write really powerful pieces in second person POV, and the idea of a mother and daughter fighting in that battle, but neither would be remembered for their bravery since most wouldn't necessarily think of brave when thinking about Slytherins really started to form and then it just kind of wrote itself.

2. Why did you base it during the Battle of Hogwarts?

I kinda answered this above, but I used the Battle of Hogwarts because it's an instance where many view the Slytherin house as weak and cowardly because of one cowardly girl (Pansy), and I believe that Slytherins can be brave, and showing Slytherins fighting for Harry Potter and against Voldemort really appealed to me in the sense that I could portray Slytherins as amazing as they really are! :)

3. The ending was just...wow: "You said you would always protect me, but in the end you were the one I needed protection from." Was it your intention from the beginning to end the story this way, or did it sneak up on you?

Well, I did say that The Unknown wrote itself, but I knew I wanted the ending to be the mother and the daughter fighting against each other since it fit what I was trying to convey - of Slytherins fought for Harry they potentially could be fighting against their family. The quote "You said you would always protect me, but in the end you were the one I needed protection from" was just because I really love starting and ending passages with the same sort of quote, but the last passage will always end with something different, not unlike my one-shot Audrey. It fit with the stuff her mother said to her in the rest of the story, but with a twist, and I thought it might make people sad (and it did! success!).

4. Do you enjoy making me cry?

Is it bad if I say yes? I'm just very happy I can make people feel things!

5. In "Her Love", the relationship between Lavender and Juno was so sweet! Where did you and your partner come up with it?

I initially had an idea of Lavender after the Battle of Hogwarts, obsessed and worrying over her scars, and since I had never really written anything slash before, I wanted to try it (I just really love writing to represent all kinds - the promiscuous, the intelligent, the love struck, the damaged, the ones who have lost someone, the ones who are lost, etc.) and make the one who finally gets Lav to realize her beauty is her girlfriend. Thank goodness my amazing Speed Dating partner (the awesome AlPotterFan/AlexFan) liked the idea, and she was an absolute saint in helping work out the details (seriously, I had the basic plot idea and then it was a constant back and forth, although I did about 30% of the fine tuning). And I guess the relationship dynamic was really just both of us working really well together - I asked if Juno would say something like this, and vice versa, so in the end it was two separate people writing two separate characters in one story of two chapters.

6. Why did you decide to make Lav live after the Battle of Hogwarts?

I really liked the ambiguity of the books, because not everyone dies after getting bitten by a werewolf, so in the movies I really didn't like how they made Lavender dead because everyone was dying - and I know it was for a cause and there's a reason (to show how devastating war can be), but not everyone dies, and a lot of people who are injured don't die, so I was very miffed that they let someone who would have been a good representation of war heroes with scars that could come back from death's edge and get on with their lives just die like that. I just have a lot of feelings about why Lavender should have lived. :p

7. I think you've literally written in every era; what is your favorite?

As of right now, definitely Next Gen, because there are so many characters to play with! It's like I'm three and I used to have 10 dollies and now I have 30! Also, I'm developing a huge author's crush on Molly Weasley II. Writing her in Molly Weasley Goes Punk is awesome and I may or may not have two or three other plot bunnies pertaining to her character. :p 

8. How do you keep all of your story ideas straight? You write so many!

You really want to know?... I don't. I forget almost everything. I know where I want stories to go but I never actually write it down so by the time I'm ready to look over what I want to write, there's nothing there and it's all in my head and I tell myself 'I can do this later.' I'm trying to start an excel document to track each of the chapters, but as of right now, I have honestly no idea.

Thank you so much Rumpel! All your questions were fantastic and I hope all my answers were equally as fantastic!

Hello! So, you may not remember me. We did a lot of review swaps awhile back and I’ve read all, I believe, that is posted of Romanian Romance. And, judging from your page on the archives, you have updated twenty-two fics since then. 22!

1) So, so far the only thing I’ve read from you is Romanian Romance. If you could suggest one story that I should start with, out of all the rest of your work, what would it be?

2) What is the biggest challenge you face as an author, and how do you meet that challenge?

3) Who is your favorite character in the original HP books? And who is your favorite character to write?

4) You write so fast. SOOooo fast. I mean, I’m basing that off this whole 22 updates thing (again, wow!), and you seem to juggle several stories at once. How do you do that?! Secrets? Strategies? Dark bargains that can only be made in the light of a waning crescent moon? Tell me of your ways! ;)

--Penny

I definitely remember you! All your reviews were so sweet and I loved all of them! I just want to hug the living daylights out of you whenever I reread them! *quick internet hug*

1) So, so far the only thing I’ve read from you is Romanian Romance. If you could suggest one story that I should start with, out of all the rest of your work, what would it be?

Well, All Bets Are Off is my longest work and it's also my first fic, so please steer clear of that. I really need to edit that thoroughly. But if you like Romanian Romance, maybe Royal? Although you should probably start with my one-shots since those seem to be the only things I can finish! *extreme author angst* And out of my one-shots, I really love Audrey (absolutely love!) and NED since they aren't necessarily sad as I believe some of my others are. If you would rather longer ones though, like I said, Royal, but also Where My Heart Lies? I'm getting pretty into that one!

2) What is the biggest challenge you face as an author, and how do you meet that challenge?

My biggest challenge as an author is sticking to my stories and completing anything longer than a one-shot. Seriously. I have a two chapter fic that I still haven't completed. Two. Chapters. I have one written, I just can't write the other one. I think I get bored really easily and I have so many different ideas that it's hard to stay on track. The way I deal with it is writing new things which just makes my problem worse, but as soon as I figure out how to properly deal with it, I'll be sure to tell you. ;)

3) Who is your favorite character in the original HP books? And who is your favorite character to write?

My favourite character in the books would be a toss up between Harry and Ginny. Harry only because I love how awkward he is around people (although his constant angst got boring real fast) and Ginny because she was such an awesome female character. I mean, she's smart, good at charms and hexes, an amazing quidditch player, a redhead (I'm very jealous), and to top it off, she decided not to let her love life be dictated by her childhood crush, only to have said childhood crush turn out to fancy her after all those years because she's such an awesome person! My favourite character to write is either James Potter II or Molly Weasley II at the moment, because I love both my head canons for them and I just love Next Gen.

4) You write so fast. SOOooo fast. I mean, I’m basing that off this whole 22 updates thing (again, wow!), and you seem to juggle several stories at once. How do you do that?! Secrets? Strategies? Dark bargains that can only be made in the light of a waning crescent moon? Tell me of your ways! ;)

Well, I guess when I get an idea the words just flow so it's easy to get started on the first few chapters of something, or finish a one-shot, but the entire reason I write so fast is because I can't stay focused on one thing. I'm like the kid in kindergarten who is playing with one toy and sees another shiny toy. Except for me, the toys are fics. And once I get bored with the second toy, I see another new shiny toy and pick it up. And I don't really juggle stories. I kind of abandon them for months at a time, I'm afraid to say. I don't really have strategies of dealing with all my stories; at least not healthy strategies. Sorry to disappoint you, but no dark bargains that can only be made in the light of a waning crescent moon... At least not to help with my writing! ;)

Thank you so much, these questions were such a delight to answer and hopefully this pushes me to write more of everything I haven't updated in a while.

NED_zpsfd24e7dc.png

#15 CrazyAsASnakeSillyAsALion

CrazyAsASnakeSillyAsALion

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

Hello Lo! I just figured I would ask you some questions for the black-out (and because it is fun!)

1. So in your one shot Just a Pretty Face you wrote about Gabrielle, a character who is scarcely mentioned. What was it like writing a character you know so little of?

2. You wrote the one-shot for the black-out challenge unknown- what was it like to step into the shoes of a snake?

3. Molly Weasley Goes Punk was a different direction from ever other Molly story I have seen, what was it like to go against the Status Quo? 

b91862c584052361adee07ac3417173f.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users