13 replies to this topic

#1 harrypotterlover1

harrypotterlover1

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

Hi I'm Cannons or HPL1 ( I don't know don't ask(or ask))

I can't for the life of me work out why anybody would want to ask me questions, but I'm making one just in case ;) one can hope right?

:)

Evasive Normality (M)

5z1gjs.jpg

Author Page (12+ - M) ll MTA (12+) ll Reviews (12+)

Thanks to Lady Asphodel @TDA for the amazing set

#2 gryffiefan

gryffiefan

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Hello there!! Well I want to ask you something..

Well, how did you come up with your plots?? I read each one of your one-shots and I absolutely love them!! :D

Never give up Never back down Never lose faith

life_zps6ab4bf3e.jpg

avatar and signature by inspector @TDA

Author Page | Finally Mine(M)

#3 harrypotterlover1

harrypotterlover1

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

Hey! thanks for the question. :woot: (and how nice of you to say!)

How did you come up with your plots?

Ok, so for Love has no Limits I just really wanted to write a missing moment. I love thinking about missing moments from the books, and I love reading about them even more. So I just decided to try and write one of my own, my first fanfiction as well. Oh and I ship Neville/Luna if you hadn't noticed. I realise that people didn't really like what Neville did in this one shot, but I really wanted him to fight back to the Death Eaters after everything he has gone through in his life with his parents get tortured. So I realise that it wasn't totally in line with cannon but, if I'm being honest I didn't really know what cannon meant, since I had never heard the expression before. So although it has a flaw that the majority don't like, I'm just going to leave it where it is and not touch it anymore and hopefully when I look back on it in a couple of months, my writing will have improved since then and I can see how much progress I have made.

For Make or Break, I wanted to write about someone who isn't perfect and has obvious flaws because not everyone can be perfect, not everyone is perfect and everyone has their flaws. Little or small. So after I worked out that I wanted to write about someone with blatant flaws, Leah came along suddenly and I just went with it. The fact that she gets asked out and it was just a joke in the end, is something I think everyone can relate to, or at least imagine how horrible that would make you feel. So I hope that makes the reader relate or feel for Leah.

And Lastly Time Marches On. I've got to be honest I was totally inspired to write something sad after reading 'Mrytle' by 'randomwriter'. I absolutely loved it and later on I realised I wanted to try and write something sad and angst-y, so I had a little think about which moment in the book I found particularly sad and one moment that I hated was Fred's death. So yeah I tried to write it first in third person but I didn't feel it was actually that sad or interesting, so I switched to second person and I found it so much fun to write. I also think it forces the reader to think about death and loss. It's my favourite story that I've written so far and I'm super proud of it! I don't know if I will still be proud of it in a couple of months but at the moment I am. I also tried to incorporate the concept of time in to it and I hope people thought that worked well.

By happy coincidence my first three attempts at fanfiction and writing in general where in first, second and third person which shows that I like to try and push myself to improve, even if it doesn't work.

Thanks for the question, I had so much fun answering it! :woot:  :good:

Evasive Normality (M)

5z1gjs.jpg

#4 BLONDEbehaviour

BLONDEbehaviour

New Blood in the Queue

• Validator
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

Helllo!! I wanna ask you some questions, if that's okay :p

1. How did you come across the forums?

2. What was the first story that you read?

3. What was your inspiration to begin writing?

4. What is your favourite ship?

5. What canon character do you most connect with?

Can't wait to see your answers! :D

Canon Craziness Challenge Winners!! Third Place- Free (M) by anythingcouldhappen... Second Place Equal- Second Chances (12+) by Flameseeker3000 Evil Will Prevail (M) by Infintyx... First PlaceAnywhere (M) by SamMalfoy

"What had she thought, that love was a toy, something easy and sweet, just to play with? Real love was dangerous, it got you from inside and held on tight, and if you didn’t let go fast enough you might be willing to do anything for it’s sake."

Authors Page: (M) 

#5 harrypotterlover1

harrypotterlover1

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

Hey thanks for the questions :yahoo:

How did you come across the forums?

I came across the forums after a serious post potter depression phase; I'm talking crying at random videos and like searching harry potter news everyday in the hope there would be a new book phase ( I know :whistling:  ), so then I just stumbled across the archives and was hooked for like two weeks and then I decided to make an account on the forums. Everyone's so nice here!

What was the first story that you read?

I assume we are talking FF so the first one I read was After the Summer Ended by sand dollar and couldn't stop reading, I read the whole thing in just a couple of days and then read the other three books sand dollar posted. They were so good. :woot:

What was your inspiration to begin writing?

My inspiration for writing was reading all the amazing fan fictions and thinking that I might be able to do a good job too. Also I had always wanted to try to write but I couldn't be bothered because I thought no one would actually ever read what I had written, but then I came here and people leave reviews and actually interact with each other which is awesome. I've learnt so much already about writing just by posting my stories because everyone is really helpful and hopefully I'll get better.  

What is your favourite ship?

My favourite ship would have to be Hon Romione because well I don't know, I suppose it's because it's cannon and I love how they grew up together and always argued and eventually ended up together. The other ship I like is Neville and Luna, I think they would have made a great pair especially after all they went through together.

What cannon character do you most connect with?

This is a hard one but probably Voldemort.

Thanks a lot for the questions :woot:

Edited by harrypotterlover1, 21 October 2013 - 12:21 AM.

Evasive Normality (M)

5z1gjs.jpg

#6 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

Hi!

1. I know you've written mostly one shots so far, do you ever plan on writing a WIP?

2. Why are you a Gryffindor?

3. Is there a style you've written in that you've found most difficult?

4. Any particular music you listen to, if any at all, while writing?

Have fun answering! :)

ieJcLLA.png  wPsOfwQ.png  hrxnCfh.png

icons by bloodstream7@lj

I write stuff sometimes. {15+ to M}      

For you, a thousand times over.[12+]

#7 harrypotterlover1

harrypotterlover1

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

Hey! Thanks for the unexpected questions!

I know you've written mostly one shots so far, do you ever plan on writing a WIP?

Everything that I have written so far has been a one shot. As I am extremely new to writing I just wanted to test myself with a number of different writing styles and get feedback from people, which is why I've     been begging for reviews so much! I also didn't want to start something without properly planning it out and having no idea how to continue it. I am going to post a story much longer then a one shot, I have two main ideas, one which I'm hopefully going to complete for NaNo, it revolves around an OC that I created and couldn't get rid of. The second idea that I have at the moment is the 'after the war' story, I know practically everyone has written one but I am determined to have a go. No matter how intimidated by the characters I am! So yeah I plan to but it will be mostly finished when I post it as I have a tendency to just forget about stuff and do something else.

Why are you a Gryffindor?

Hard question! but mainly because I asked the sorting hat kindly ;)

Is there a style you've written in that you've found most difficult? 

All of them! I think I find first person that hardest and second person the easiest, that's weird right? I struggle with loads of things when writing, like remembering to put enough description in and grammar is my  number one enemy. I find that I naturally float towards angst and I don't know why!

Any particular music you listen to, if any at all, while writing?

I'm going to alienate myself from everyone on these forums by saying that I don't really like music, so I don't listen to music when writing as I would find it distracting. However there are two songs that have inspired plot/ideas within me for writing and they are 'Enchanted' and 'This is War'. They were songs used on Harry Potter videos/montages and I got addicted to them for a while.

Thanks for the Q's!

Edited by harrypotterlover1, 26 October 2013 - 11:52 PM.

Evasive Normality (M)

5z1gjs.jpg

#8 randomhpffwriter

randomhpffwriter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

Hello hello :)

Thought I'd stop by!

1) How long have you been writing?

2) What was the inspiration behind 'Make or Break'? It was so dark and the it escalated pretty quickly. The theme was pretty touchy, so were you comfortable writing it?

3) What's your take on non-canon pairings?

4) what's your favourite genre to read and write?

5) Do you have a favourite story on the archives? If you do, which one is it? :)
( You can name a few, if you'd like ;) )

6) Do you have an OTP? 

Okay, that's it for now! :)

29vhx1y.png

mockingjay (YESS!!) over at TDA made me this amazing set ^_^
Once More We Fight (M) My Stories (15+-M)  Ask me Questions! (12+)

#9 harrypotterlover1

harrypotterlover1

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

How long have you been writing?

I have only started trying to write since I joined the archives so for about a month or so. I find it quite difficult to be honest but I'm giving it my best shot!

What was the inspiration behind 'Make or Break?  It was so dark and the it escalated pretty quickly. The theme was pretty touchy, so were you comfortable writing it?

'Make or Break' wasn't actually meant to end like that. I just started writing it with a vague idea of the ending and I wanted to try and make Leah a bit sarcastic and then in the middle of it I realised that it wasn't meant to end well for her, so I came up with the ending that I did. I was comfortable writing it and to be honest I didn't think that it was as dark as people thought, but I think that even though it did escalate quickly that made it believable as you don't see these things coming. They always seem to just happen. She turns out okay in the end though and I actually want to turn it in to a novel or something as there are so many things that need to be explained!

What's your take on non-canon pairings?

My take on non-canon pairings is that it is fine if it is done well and is somewhat believable. For instance Neville and Luna, I am certain something would have happened after the war between the two of them. They went through so much together since the OoTP with Dumbledore's Army and then leading the rebellion at Hogwarts against the Carrows that they must have come close. I also think they are similar in the fact that they were both outsiders, Luna more so, but no one really believed in Neville that much either until OoTP or later. I know that he ends up with Hannah Abbot but Jo didn't say it happened immediately after the battle of Hogwarts did she? so I think that is believable. Stuff like Draco/Hermione I don't think is believable at all but if it is written well I just take it for what it is and I can enjoy it. So I will pretty much read any pairing as long as it is written well.

What's your favourite genre to read and write?

My favourite genre to read would be...well I can't choose just one as I like reading lots of different genre's...so I'm going to say 'general' as a cop out. ;) My favourite to write would be angst as its basically the only genre I've written, but I defiantly want to try and write something a bit more happy!

Do you have a favourite story on the archives? If you do, which one is it? :)
Well to be honest I can't actually remember the name of my favourite story but it was practically the first one I read and it was set straight after the battle. It focused a lot on Ron and Hermione and how everyone coped and it was awesome. I think they're my favourite to read to be honest. When they are set straight after the battle and focusing on the relationships and the people. Since I joined the forums though I have read lots of great stories but I always like them best when they focus on the trio and when they're well written!

Do you have an OTP? 

Romione!

Thanks for the questions, hopefully my answers make sense!

Evasive Normality (M)

5z1gjs.jpg

#10 ReeBee

ReeBee

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

Hi! I really enjoyed your one shot (as you could probably tell ;)) so here I am :)

1. How did u the the idea for Under a Dementor's Cloak? Was there any particular inspiration?

2. I read on your profile page that you are a guy, I would say that fanfiction is a mainly female dominated place, there are a few males, but, do u think this influences you in any way? I hope u don't take offence, I think it's awesome. :)

3. What pairing do you think comes naturally to you?

4. From which characters POV do u find it easiest to write from??

5. What pairing/character (if any), do u think u relate most to?

That's all for now :)

- ReeBee

GORGEOUS sig and icon thanks to the gorgeous Carla (bittersweetflames) @ TDA

rLvBLxL.png

HPFF (12+ to M) -- Reviews? -- MTA (12+) -- Gallery (12+)

#11 harrypotterlover1

harrypotterlover1

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:36 PM

Hey, thanks for the questions! :D

1. How did you get the idea for 'Under a Dementor's Cloak'? Was there any particular inspiration?

Well this idea actually started from a challenge I entered called 'the Death Eater' challenge. I got Alecto and at first I was worried as nothing was coming to me, but once I had decided to incorporate the pensieve it all just fell in to place. So I guess you could say the inspiration was the challenge itself and the pensieve.

2. I read on your profile page that you are a guy, I would say that fanfiction is a mainly female dominated place, there are a few males, but, do you think this influences you in any way? I hope you don't take offence, I think it's awesome.

What a good question, and what a hard question for me to answer! Well I wouldn't say that it influences me in any specific way, but I have defiantly come to realise that it is most defiantly female dominated and that I am somewhat outnumbered, so I try and watch what I say in case you all gang up on me. :D Yeah, man this is a hard question, I'm defiantly aware that there are lots more females writing fanfiction so I guess I feel a little weird but I don't mind because I love Harry Potter and I love trying to  write. So this is the perfect chance for me to try and improve as a writer especially as everyone is so helpful.

3. What pairing do you think comes naturally to you?

No pairing comes naturally to me. You have no idea how much I have to work to write even a couple of paragraphs that I am happen with. Also as I haven't really written any pairing except from an OC one I can't really answer this one.

4. From what characters POV do you find it easiest to write from?

I'm unsure if your asking what POV do I find it easiest to write from, or which character do I find easiest to write from. Yeah, I'm that stupid, but it is late so I have an excuse. So I'll just answer both. I find second person the easiest POV to write from which is kind of annoying since it doesn't help me very much with novels or anything longer then a one shot, and I find third person the hardest to write. :( Regarding characters I don't find anyone easy to write but if I had to choose I think I would say Ron. I don't know why but out of the trio I find his voice comes easiest. I don't know though, I'm extremely critical of myself when I write so I find I'm way more aware then I should be. I should just let myself write and then try and edit the mess but I am a bit of a perfectionist. :(

5. What pairing/character (if any), do you think you relate to the most?

I would seriously love to say that I relate to Luna the most, my life would be so less stressful if I didn't really care what anybody thought and I had faith that things would just turn up if I had some pudding, but sadly I can't. I think I'm going to have to say Ron as I find myself doubting myself quite a lot. Maybe that's just a normal part of growing up though :p

Thanks for the questions, I had fun answering them.

:D

Evasive Normality (M)

5z1gjs.jpg

#12 HollyStone73

HollyStone73

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

I have some questions for ya! :)

1. I noticed that many of your stories are dark or angst genres and you do an awesome job at writing them. Is there anything specific that you do that helps you get into that dark & angsty frame of mind that allows you to capture these moods so well? 

2. All of your stories are centered around Hogwarts years or immediate Post-Hogwarts years. Is there a particular reason that you prefer these time periods and do you think you would ever eventually get into Next-gen or is that not something you foresee happening any time soon? (Like myself. LOL!)

3. If you could sit down with JKR and ask her any one question, what would it be and how would you use it to further your FF stories?

4. As someone else that is relatively new to writing FF what would you say would be the best piece of advice that you would give to another newbie or even someone wanting to get into writing FF to make their experience as stressless as possible? 

Hm....I think that'll be it for me for now! I look forward to hearing back from you!!

#13 harrypotterlover1

harrypotterlover1

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

I noticed that many of your stories are dark or angst genres and you do an awesome job at writing them. Is there anything specific that you do that helps you get into that dark & angsty frame of mind that allows you to capture these moods so well?

How nice of you to say! Thanks :) I don't do anything in particular to get myself in to the frame of mind to write dark or angst, I think that it is just the genre's that I find the most natural to write in. If I were to try writing fluff or comedy say, I would have a much harder time. Everyone has genre's they find the easiest and I guess these are just mine. I might try and write other genre's to try and improve my writing at some point. I also think it helps that I'm naturally a little cynical, or so people tell me. I like to think of myself as realistic though. :p

All of your stories are centered around Hogwarts years or immediate Post-Hogwarts years. Is there a particular reason that you prefer these time periods and do you think you would ever eventually get into Next-gen or is that not something you foresee happening any time soon? (Like myself. LOL!)
I never really paid much attention to that until now and your right those are the only era's I have written in so far. I just enjoy reading and writing about these era's the most out of all of them. I like the Marauders era as well but Hogwarts/Immediate Post-Hogwarts are my favourite. I think there are so many characters to explore in these era's and different character POV about the same moment that I never get bored. Some of my favourite stories to read are missing moments from the books. With next-gen I have never really got in to it, so I don't know the ins and outs of each character and the traits they are associated with in FF, so I get confused easily in next-gen.

If you could sit down with JKR and ask her any one question, what would it be and how would you use it to further your FF stories?
I would ask her what the major thing she changed from the original story in her head was to when she actually starting writing it all down. Maybe Voldemort wasn't called Voldemort back then in her head! Also if I was allowed to ask a second question it would be how much foreshadowing did she do on purpose! 

As someone else that is relatively new to writing FF what would you say would be the best piece of advice that you would give to another newbie or even someone wanting to get into writing FF to make their experience as stressless as possible?

I would tell them that ignorance is bliss! I remember when I first submitted a one shot I was really happy with what I had written, I thought other people might enjoy it and ultimately I didn't have a clue how to write and I still don't, but what I will say is that I have gotten better. So if I was to give advice I would say, enjoy what you are writing otherwise there is no point and take people's CC and turn it in to a positive, because that's how you will improve!

Thanks for the questions! :)

Edited by harrypotterlover1, 03 March 2014 - 01:27 PM.

Evasive Normality (M)

5z1gjs.jpg

#14 _badwolf

_badwolf

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:09 PM

Hey Cannons:) 

1. I wondered what kind of through process you went through writing Time Marches On. It was a really original idea, and I'd love to know how you came up with it. 
  2. How long do you think George took to get over Fred's death in Time Marches On?
  3. I notice you write a lot of canon characters. Do you think you'll ever step into creating OCs?
  4. What made you want to write a story about Moaning Myrtle? I haven't read much on her, so I was wondering what brought on the idea. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users