4 replies to this topic

#1 PhoenixFlame86

PhoenixFlame86

New student

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:55 AM

Hi! 

I'm Laura- also known as PhoenixFlame86 over at HPFF. I just wanted to create a meet the author page, just in case anyone actually wants to talk to me about my stories. :) 

This is the link to my page: http://www.harrypott...?showuid=282449

I have two WIP stories: 
Risen: Out of the Ashes 
and 
The Silver Queen

I just got an idea for a 3rd story which I will also be working on, and should be posting soon. Yes, I like torturing myself by working on three stories at once. Help me! Haha, kidding. 

So ask away- if you want to. I am an open book and will answer anything. Hope to talk to you (whoever you are, you lovely reader of mine) soon! 

Hope everyone is having a great week! 

#2 toomanycurls

toomanycurls

New Blood in the Queue

• Validator
  • 382 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

Hello!! 

I'd like to start off with a few questions  :happy:

1. What draws you to writing Next-Gen stories?
  2. If you could go to Hogwarts during any era (Founders, Pre-Hogwarts, Hogwarts, and Next Gen) which would you pick and why?
  3. How do you handle having more ideas than you have time to write?
  4. Do you type out your stories, write them by hand first, or do something else to capture your first draft?

.:Rose:.

Author Page | MTA  (12+)

#3 PhoenixFlame86

PhoenixFlame86

New student

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:17 AM

Hi! 

Happy to answer the questions. 

1. This is probably my own personal weird issue- but the next-gen stories feel like the only safe thing for me to write. By that I mean that the books are so close to my heart, I have zero interest in writing anything about Harry, Ron, Hermione, etc... because I don't want anything to interfere with my feelings on the books. The only other category I have considering writing is Founders, but I haven't been hit with an idea for that yet. I just like the idea of writing about my favorite characters kids. Hope that answered that question. 
2. Oooh- you're making me think on this one. Hmmm. Probably Hogwarts actually. I'd like to have been a part of that. Even though it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. 
3. Ha. I actually have a lot of time on my hands right now, so I'm lucky. I usually take a journal with me everywhere I go- so that even if I am out, I can write things down. I've been writing (fanfic, poetry, my own stories) for a really long time, so my brain seems ok with having a lot of stories bouncing around inside. 
4. I mostly type, because I think faster than I can write by hand. But as I said above, if I'm out or need to not be staring at a computer screen, I take a journal and do my best to write by hand. 

Hope you are having a great evening! (or morning, depending on where you live). Hope those answers are ok. 
-Laura 

#4 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

Hiya!

1. What's your favourite pairing?

2. How do you find time to write?

3. Who's your favourite Marauder?

4. What character would you be terrified to write?

5. How do you plan your stories?

That's all for now :D Have fun answering!

ieJcLLA.png  wPsOfwQ.png  hrxnCfh.png

icons by bloodstream7@lj

I write stuff sometimes. {15+ to M}      

For you, a thousand times over.[12+]

#5 PhoenixFlame86

PhoenixFlame86

New student

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

Hi! 

Great questions... answers below. :) 

1. I don't actually have a favorite pairing. Sorry for the very uninformative answer. :/

2. I only work part- time so I have enough free time and even when I am working, and when I'm busy doing other things, I always have a journal with me so that I can jot down ideas. 

3. Oooh! Uh... I'm very, very fond of Lupin. Kind of despise Pettigrew, and though I love Sirius and James- Lupin is definitely my favorite. :) 

4. Any of the main characters in the books, even some of the secondary characters. It's kind of why I've only tried next-gen stories. The next generation isn't ingrained in me, it doesn't feel as sacred. I think Hermione would terrify me the most, for some reason her name keeps popping into my head as I'm thinking about this. 

5. I've learned that I can't plan my stories too much. They pretty much just write themselves. I rarely write chapter to chapter. I get hit with ideas for scenes that take place at different times in the story. My first story, Risen, has changed so many times. I've had to re-write so many scenes because what I originally planned doesn't make sense by the time I get around to connecting it to the previous chapters. The one thing I try to plan in advance of writing is the characters- their personalities and development. 

Hope these were decent answers. Thanks for asking! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users