5 replies to this topic

#1 Haronione

Haronione

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

Hello  :bye:  thanks for popping into this thread!

I have been a member on HPFF for several years but have been absent from the site for most of them! Now that I am back and being more active (on both the archives and forums) I thought I would restart my meet the author thread.

I would love to chat to any of you who have questions for me  :)  so ask away!

Haronione 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~   :bunny: fdy8h0.gif :bunny:  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author Page 12+

#2 nott theodore

nott theodore

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

Hi!  I've got a few questions to kick your MTA thread off :)

1. What's your favourite genre to read?  Is it different to your favourite genre to write?

2. How would you describe your writing style?

3. What's your favourite thing about the forums?

4. Who are your favourite characters in the books?

5. Which is your favourite book in the series?

6. What are the qualities that make you a Ravenclaw?

7. If you could add another subject to the Hogwarts curriculum, what would it be and why?

I look forward to reading your answers!

25yyfjl.png

Icon and signature by Violet@TDA

My stories [12+] My MTA [12+]

#3 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

Hello! I've come to join Sian for the asking of questions!

1. Your username. Is it a mix of Harry, Ron and Hermione, or something else? Why'd you choose it?
2. What are your thoughts on Hermione ships that aren't Ron?
3. Who do you think is the older twin - Fred or George?
4. Your favourite ship?
5. Who in the world of HP would you love to be locked in a room with for 24 hours? (or closet, whatever floats your boat I'm cool with it hehe)

All for now, have fun answering!

ieJcLLA.png  wPsOfwQ.png  hrxnCfh.png

icons by bloodstream7@lj

I write stuff sometimes. {15+ to M}      

For you, a thousand times over.[12+]

#4 Haronione

Haronione

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

Why hello there, Nott Theodore and MissesWeasley123  :bye:  Thank you for visiting my MTA! 

I'll get straight down to answering your questions...

Nott Theodore:

1. What's your favourite genre to read?  Is it different to your favourite genre to write? I like reading most genres to be honest (except horror as I scare too easily), and I can't choose just 1 so I will have to say my favourite 2 are Romance and Angst. I tend to write romance and angst too. I would love to be able to write humour but I don't think I'd be very successful at it! 

2. How would you describe your writing style? Errr... I don't really know :shy:  I think my writing style could only be described as 'simple'. Really selling myself here aren't I?!

3. What's your favourite thing about the forums? Since returning to the forums after such a long time away I seem to have been finding my feet in the Ravenclaw common room. So, at the moment my favourite place on the forums has to be the common room. My favourite thing about the forums is that it has such a friendly, community feel about it and everyone is so lovely  :wub:  

4. Who are your favourite characters in the books? The Marauders have to be my absolute favourites. The bonds of their friendship were just so strong (until that ratbag Pettigrew betrayed them) and their story is such a tragic one. Also, I am obsessed with Sirius Black! I also love the eccentricity of Luna, she is just such a great character. Oh and Neville, I love Neville. I'll stop here or I'll end up just listing all the characters  :rolleyes: 

5. Which is your favourite book in the series? Ooh, this is a tough one! I love them all! My top 3 are PoA, GoF and DH. If I absolutely had to pick just one as my favourite it would have to be Prisoner of Azkaban. It is the book where we are introduced to the Marauders and learn a lot about their backstory, and as I'm quite obsessed with this backstory it has to be my favourite!  I also have a bit of sentimentality towards PoA.  It was watching the film of PoA that got me into reading the series. I had had no interest in Harry Potter before watching this film and had once commented 'I don't want to watch this childish rubbish' when Philosophers Stone was on the TV  :ph34r: Gasp!! Obviously I have changed my mind now and am totally obsessed with anything HP! But back on topic, how could it not be my favourite because without it I would never have ventured into this wonderful world of magical greatness!

6. What are the qualities that make you a Ravenclaw? Ooh good question! If I am totally honest, now I think about it I am probably more of a Hufflepuff and am a Hufflepuff on Pottermore. However, the sorting quiz on here (which I took many many years ago when I first joined the forums) put me in Ravenclaw. I do have some Ravenclaw qualities. I am quite logical and have a hidden intelligence (I say hidden because I can act quite ditzy at times... ok a lot of the time). I am quite organised (with some things) and was always the one my uni friends turned to when needing to know something about an assignment or the timetable etc. But I actually think I am a Ravenpuff or a Huffleclaw.

7. If you could add another subject to the Hogwarts curriculum, what would it be and why? Ooh, this is another good one and at the moment I'm really not sure how to answer. I might come back to you on this one!! (My originality and imagination are really shining through here!!) 

MissesWeasley123:

1. Your username. Is it a mix of Harry, Ron and Hermione, or something else? Why'd you choose it? It is indeed a mix of Harry, Ron and Hermione.  Me and a friend were trying to think up a username for another HP site many years ago. We were trying to think of an obscure name, object or creature to use but all the ones we were coming up with were already used. So we eventually decided to try Haronione, and unsurprisingly it wasn't taken! This username just stuck with me and I actually really love it. 
2. What are your thoughts on Hermione ships that aren't Ron?  To be totally honest I have no qualms with Hermione ships that aren't Ron. As long as the author keeps the character in-character and they can convince me that the pairing is feasible without the character being completely different to the ones I have grown to love, then I'll enjoy it.  I think that if a story is well written with an interesting and engaging plot then it is worth reading no matter what the pairing :) 

3. Who do you think is the older twin - Fred or George? Fred. By 5 minutes. No idea why, but that is my answer  :whistling: 
4. Your favourite ship? My favourite ship has to be James and Lily. I just adore them! I am also a sucker for Remus/OC (based before Tonks) I just love reading about him having a bit of love!
5. Who in the world of HP would you love to be locked in a room with for 24 hours? (or closet, whatever floats your boat I'm cool with it hehe)  Haha! Good question. My first thought was Sirius Black, just because I love him!! Then I thought 24 hours is a long time and it would have to be someone who could make me laugh to make the time pass quickly! Yes, Sirius was a major prankster but if locked in a room with just him then I would become the victim of any pranks he pulled and that might not be so funny! I think maybe Luna, simply because I could listen to her eccentric nuttiness for hours and she'd probably have at least one copy of the quibbler with her so if conversation ran dry we'd at least have something to read  ;)  haha!

Thank you to you both for the wonderful questions and for kickstarting my MTA thread! I was worried it was going to look a bit sad and unloved, so thank you :D 

As well as answering your questions I think I have adequately advertised my love of smilies too (I couldn't post the original post as I 'have posted a message with more emoticons than this community allows' whoops, I think I have a problem! 

I am going to end this post with yet another smilie, just because I have been dying to use it....  :bunny: 

Author Page 12+

#5 toomanycurls

toomanycurls

New Blood in the Queue

• Validator
  • 382 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

Hi!!!  :happy:

I have a few author-y questions for you. 

1. Are there characters you have a hard time/don't like to write? 

2. What do you do when those people show up in your stories? (e.g. if you hate writing Dumbledore and he is involved in one of your plot lines :mellow:)

3. Why is Sirius your favorite character?

4. Do you plan on writing about your favorite characters?

.:Rose:.

Author Page | MTA  (12+)

#6 Haronione

Haronione

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

Hello toomanycurls  :bye:

Thank you for the great questions!

1. Are there characters you have a hard time/don't like to write? Oh yes, there are a few actually! I haven't attempted to write any of them so I don't really know if I'd have a hard time writing them or not, but I would be terrified of writing any of the trio! I think this is just because we know the characters so well and I would hate to write them OOC. I would be too worried about this to enjoy writing them I think. If I was to write them at all it would have to be  when they are much older - I certainly couldn't write a Hogwarts era fic with them in! I also have a hard time writing Dumbledore, I just think he is a very difficult character to get right. I can never get his dialogue right! The same for Snape, I just can't seem to write him well!

2. What do you do when those people show up in your stories? (e.g. if you hate writing Dumbledore and he is involved in one of your plot lines  :mellow:Well, Dumbledore has shown up twice already in my novel and I can't leave him out! One was during the start of year feast which was only a small scene so wasn't too difficult. The other is a meeting with Remus on his first day at school. I found this meeting rather hard to write and it took me a while! This scene was edited several times. I  found that I read over some of Dumbledore's scenes from the book to try to familiarise myself with his style of speech (which is what I struggle with most) and his mannerisms while talking. I found this helped my confidence in writing him (not sure how much it helped the actual characterisation and writing though  :shy: ) I do the same for Snape, but at the moment he is only 11 in my fic so I feel he is slightly easier to write as a child. As for the trio, I haven't got any plans to involve them in any plot line so I am safe for now!

3. Why is Sirius your favorite character? Why is Sirius my favourite character? Because he's Sirius Black!! Haha. Seriously though (no pun intended here) I think I like the idea of Sirius Black as he was at Hogwarts - though this is not to say I don't love the adult Sirius! His life is so full of tragedy; his family life was awful and I think he must have been a very strong individual not to have turned out like the rest of his family. Obviously this has a lot to do with his friends, but just the fact that he defies the family tradition of being in Slytherin shows he wasn't really like them. Also, he goes through the tragedy of seeing his best friends die so terribly and then be blamed for their deaths and being thrown into Azkaban - And on top of this he has to live with the guilt that it was his idea that Peter be the secret keeper and so essentially be responsible (in his eyes) for it. That is so much for one person to go through. Sorry, I am rambling (I do that a lot!), in short, it is because I love him :wub:  haha! 

4. Do you plan on writing about your favorite characters? Oh yes! Well, I am currently writing a Marauders fic and Sirius is going to play a large part in it :) At the moment I am writing their first year at Hogwarts and am focusing on the development of their friendships. Eventually there will be some Sirius/OC romance going on and I can't wait to write that!!  :sorcerer: 

Thanks again for the questions!

Haronione  :flowers2:

Author Page 12+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users