7 replies to this topic

#1 ~chocolate

~chocolate

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

I have a huge urge to start this off by saying 'ello mate but sadly I am not graced with a lovely British accent like most.

So instead I will start by saying, Hi, I'm Sama.  :bye:

I'm navyfail@hpff ---> stories(12+ to M)

I make graphics, read books, obsess over chocolate, and shockingly write fan-fiction (and poetry).

I am open to any questions about writing....so ask away. 

S a m a

gallery (12+)| hpff(12+ to M) | Crossing the Borderline(M) | Nutshell(15+)

NUTSHELLsigdone_zpsbdd30050.png

#2 purplepotter775

purplepotter775

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

Hi Sama! Yay, first to ask you some questions!

1) What inspired Crossing the Borderline and the characters Aaliyah and Albus?

2) What's your favorite era to write in and what's your favorite era to read?

3) Since you also write poetry, which would you say is easier for you to write: prose or poetry?

4) ...and an unrelated question, what's your favorite type of chocolate? :p

That's all I have for now! :D

HPFF | TDA | MTA

sXRIrly.gif

(all links 12+)

set by patronus_charm

#3 nott theodore

nott theodore

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 601 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

Hi Sama! :)

1. Where is your favourite place to write?

2. Have you ever written anything before you started writing FF?

3. Do you plan your stories or just go with the flow?

4. Who are your favourite authors on the archives and in real life?

5. Which HP book is your favourite?

6. What qualities make you a Ravenclaw?

Sian :bye:

11t360m.png

Set by anyroad @ TDA

my stories [12+] my mta [12+]

#4 ~chocolate

~chocolate

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:56 AM

RAMYA! haha, you do get the shiny first spot. 

1) What inspired Crossing the Borderline and the characters Aaliyah and Albus?

This is kind of a hard question. :p Hmm...I actually got the idea of Crossing the Borderline in a dream, lol.

I thought it was one of those plot bunnies that would go away, you know? But it just latched on to me and finally started writing and everything started coming together.

And I still get inspiration from music and graphics to keep the story going. And Aaliyah is kind of like me in a way but she has this cool side that I don't think I have.

Albus...well..I don't know where he came from really. I just wanted to write him differently than most authors do. And I love him to bits. I think him and Scorpius are up there on my list for fictional love interests.  :hwnlove: 

2) What's your favorite era to write in and what's your favorite era to read?

Honestly favortie era to read and write is Next Generation. Next Generation is the era that you have room to imagine so that is why I love it so much. 

3) Since you also write poetry, which would you say is easier for you to write: prose or poetry?

Prose in general is easier, I think. To me though poetry would be easier. It feels more like home and I enjoy it more.

I like the rhythmic flow of poetry and I love how it is challenging at times. It keeps you on edge too, which I like. 

4) ...and an unrelated question, what's your favorite type of chocolate?

First off, I LOVE this question. And secondly, I like a lot of types of chocolate (with the exception of white chocolate that is) but my favorite will always be dark chocolate.

I adore the lingering bitter taste. :wub:  And after that it would be Swiss chocolate.  :thumbsup: 

Hi Sian! you get the special second spot then.  :banana: 

1. Where is your favourite place to write?

The desk in my room. I'm more comfortable there and it always feels like my own personal writing bubble there. 

2. Have you ever written anything before you started writing FF?

Umm..mostly just essays for school and poetry. I wrote this one-shot that is original fiction too but other than that not much. 

3. Do you plan your stories or just go with the flow?

​I don't normally plan out absolutely everything and have a whole story outline written out like most. I normally go with the flow.

It helps give you more space and more room to change details and parts of the plot. I also think having it all planned out makes me loose interest. 

Sometimes I write down a couple vague notes of what I want to add in future chapters in case I forget but other than that I am free flowing writer.

4. Who are your favourite authors on the archives and in real life?

I have a lot of favortie authors since I read a lot.  :happy: I'll start with real life ones: the fabulous JK Rowling, the terrific Suzanne Collins, the a-mazing aussie author Melina Marchetta, the extraordinary Markus Zusak, the awesome Maggie Stiefvater, the mysterious Lemony Snicket, the secretive Pseudonymous Bosch, the lovely John Green, the historical Laurie Halse Anderson, and the outstanding Veronica Roth. 

Now for ones on the archive: shenanigan, justonemorefic, Violet Gryffindor, starryskies55, Ellerina, meghna, SexyDoorFrames, and some others. 

5. Which HP book is your favourite?

I'm going to go with Deathly Hallows. It's just that so much action, emotion, and tears...so yeah the last one of the series. 

6. What qualities make you a Ravenclaw?

I like to read a lot. I am bookworm. I can't deny it. I am also nerdy and take my grades very seriously. I like to think that I am clever too. 

I also am quite straightforward and hardworking. :)

~Thanks for the question guys. I had a great time answering them.

S a m a

#5 bellatrixlestrange123

bellatrixlestrange123

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

First of all, Hi! I think crossing the borderline is so good so far :)

okay so, 

1) What do you find the easiest to write? Angst or Humour?

2) Apart from Albus/OC, what is another pairing that you would love to write?

3) oh, and since you said you love reading book ( me too :shy: ) What book are you reading at the moment? Or if not, what was the last book you read? 

:thanks:

10elp49.jpg

#6 ~chocolate

~chocolate

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

Hi! I'm glad you like it so far. It is always good to hear!

1) What do you find the easiest to write? Angst or Humour?

I haven't written either of them yet but I'm going to say humor. I don't have thing against angst or anything.

It is just that I do think for me it would take more time, effort, and thought to pull it off right, haha.

I am a sarcastic person and can be a bit random at times so humor may be easier. 

2) Apart from Albus/OC, what is another pairing that you would love to write?

There are a lot of pairings I would love to write.

A couple of them are Rose/Scorpius, James II/OC, Oliver/OC, James/Lily, Neville/Luna, and Draco/Astoria. 

Mostly anything that involves an OC or one of the pairings that I find intriguing. 

3) oh, and since you said you love reading book ( me too  :shy: ) What book are you reading at the moment? Or if not, what was the last book you read?

At the moment, I am reading Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah. It's for summer reading but it's quite interesting and at some parts very sad. 

~thanks for the questions.  :hug: 

S a m a

#7 leviOsa_not_leviosA

leviOsa_not_leviosA

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

Hi there!  Just came from your requested review for Nutshell and thought I would ask you some questions!  :happy:

1.  How do you come up with all these unique and intriguing plot lines/characters? Do they just pop into your head or do you base them off things you have seen/read/experienced?

2. Do you have more fun writing Crossing the Borderline or Nutshell?

3. What are your favorite types/genres to read on HPFF?

4. And a question totally unrelated to HPFF... What is your favorite season of the year and why?

sl5js7.jpg

~~  m  a  r  y  ~~ 

Signature by Holly_Mist@TDA

read my stories (12+) ~ ask me questions (12+)

#8 ~chocolate

~chocolate

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

Hi!

1.  How do you come up with all these unique and intriguing plot lines/characters? Do they just pop into your head or do you base them off things you have seen/read/experienced?

I honestly don't find my characters and plot that interesting, but then maybe that is because I am an author. I usually get my ideas late at night. Sometimes sleep doesn't come and my imagination just takes off. When I get an idea though, I don't really do anything about it until it refuses to go away. 

Not only that but I always have multiple ideas going around the same premise. For example, before the plot that is in Nutshell, there were actually two other similar story ideas running in my head. The first was with Remus deciding to help a girl who has crush on Sirius and trying to get her noticed by his friend. The second was of Sirius and Remus giving a shot at playing matchmaker for a Hufflepuff who has a huge crush on the Ravenclaw Quidditch captain. And then came in the idea of Nutshell: a girl realizing she has a crush on James Potter and then, as a result, enlisting the help of Remus and Sirius. In the end, I liked the last one better and went through with it. The thought of adding a twist on the James/Lily story sounded fun.

As for characters... I make them how they fit the plot and try to stay a little away from the cliche (as in Sirius being a playboy). 

2. Do you have more fun writing Crossing the Borderline or Nutshell?

That is a hard question haha. Nutshell is a bit more of a go-with-the-flow story while Crossing the Borderline a little more planned out. I love them both but Crossing the Borderline is my baby. With the cunning Albus Potter, in-love-with-Rose Scorpius Malfoy, clever heroine, drool-worthy James Potter and snarky reporter... I have to pick Crossing the Borderline. 

3. What are your favorite types/genres to read on HPFF?

Humor (because I can't write it well), Drama (nothing can go wrong with this) :wub: and Action/Adventure. 

4. And a question totally unrelated to HPFF... What is your favorite season of the year and why?

Fall because it isn't rainy and pollen-filled like spring nor is it chilly like winter, and summer can get too humid and hot. Fall is just the right temperature and I love the orange-red-yellow of the leaves and the slight wind. 

Thanks for the questions, Mary. I had a great time answering them. 

S a m a

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mta, :O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users