5 replies to this topic

#1 keyty_

keyty_

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

hi, there! my name is keyty and this is my archive.

this is where i answer any questions you may have about my writing, so shoot! i'd love to hear from you!

from up above challenge winner

hufflepuffforhousecupanimation_zpsb09763

keyty | set by emmaweasley. go hufflepuff!

review thread | mta

all links are 12+

#2 Sarah the Ravenclaw

Sarah the Ravenclaw

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:56 AM

I have some questions for you! 

1. What inspired you to write Beneath?

2. How do you chose the song that you match up the chapter with?

3. What do you do when you're getting ready to write a new chapter or story?

4. How far do you see Beneath going? (like to godric's hollow, graduation, etc)

5. Would you ever consider making it a series?

6. How did you first get started writing fanfiction?

I hope you have fun answering the questions!

Sarah

qM5VVUj.png

..::i was a drizzle and she was a hurricane::..

My Stories [12+ to M] | TDA [15+]

#3 keyty_

keyty_

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

I have some questions for you! 

1. What inspired you to write Beneath?

2. How do you chose the song that you match up the chapter with?

3. What do you do when you're getting ready to write a new chapter or story?

4. How far do you see Beneath going? (like to godric's hollow, graduation, etc)

5. Would you ever consider making it a series?

6. How did you first get started writing fanfiction?

I hope you have fun answering the questions!

I wish I had seen these sooner! Here are my responses :)

1. Over the summer I got back into reading fanfiction. I read for hours on end. I'm very picky about the stories I choose to read, and after a while, I decided I wanted to read something that talked about depression, or self harm, or eating disorders. After searching for days and not finding anything, I decided to write it myself. I'm really happy with it so far, and the responses I have gotten from my readers (such as yourself!) are amazing!
  2. I have a lot of the story already planned, and sometimes when I listen to music, the scenes just play out in my head. Sometimes the songs themselves inspire the chapters. Other times I struggle a lot to find a song that fits. So I go through my library and try to find artists that tend to portray the emotion I'm trying to show in that specific chapter. Sometimes I'm lucky, but others it takes me a long time to find a song. In my second chapter, summer mood, I couldn't find a song for the life of me! But my friend introduced me to Best Coast and I loved them instantly. Usually I get really lucky and randomly happen upon a great song while listening to my library.
  3. Sometimes I know exactly what I'm going to write about and how to start, and I just dive into it. I have a little document with all my plot developments, and when I hit big points, it's really easy. However, there are also a lot of gaps, and those are the difficult parts to write. Right now I'm suffering from some major writer's block because there's a bit of a lull in my plot planning. I usually get help from the friend I mentioned earlier, but we have been very busy with school and work. I'm starting to think of something though, so hopefully I'll have a new chapter up soon!
  4. I have plans for seventh year, which I know is a ways away. I do want to get into Rainne's adulthood and career and such, but I'm not sure what that will be at this point. I'm also hoping to incorporate Voldemort soon, which will most likely help me if I do decide to go as far as Godric's Hollow. At this point, I'm unsure. I think it would be very fun to write, but I'm not sure where I will be in the story at that point. Sorry for the vague answer!
  5. I actually intend to make seventh year a sequel. I already have a title picked out and everything! I might make a small short story for in between as well to show what Rainne's summer is like. If I do decide to go past seventh year, that will be another story as well. But so far, I have solid plans for one sequel. :)
  6. Oh my gosh, this question brings me back! When I was around twelve, I think, I had issues in school. I didn't have that many friends and sometimes I got bullied. All I ever did was read and re-read the HP series. But soon, I got tired of the same old stories. I wanted something new. I was especially interested in Harry's parents, and somehow stumbled upon hpff. I wrote a few awful stories then, which I would rather not think about, but ever since I have been reading hpff on and off. I always love going back and finding the new amazing stories that have been written in my absence, the talent there is incredible!

Thank you so much for asking me such amazing questions, I had so much fun answering them. I hope these are good enough responses! I'm kind of in a rush, but if you want any clarification or have any more questions, feel free to leave another post!

And again, thank you for your amazing reviews, I really don't deserve all the love you've given me! xx

review thread | mta

all links are 12+

#4 HeyMrsPotter

HeyMrsPotter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

Keyty! I didn't realise your MTA hadn't been posted in in so long! I'm here to rectify that :p

1. What's your fanfiction story? How did you get into reading/writing it?

2. If you could have any job in the wizarding world, what would you choose and why?

3. Which book did you read most recently? Did you like it?

4. If there was only one story on the archives that you could read which one would you choose?

5. Beneath tackles a lot of issues, do you ever find it emotionally difficult to write it?

Have fun answering :D

311rw9k.png

Banner  and profile image by Slytherinchica08, who is amazing.

#5 Sarah the Ravenclaw

Sarah the Ravenclaw

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

I'm asking you more questions, bbg <3

1. You're not allowed to write Marauders, what era would you choose instead?

2. If you could BE any character in Beneath, which character would you choose? Why?

3. Which HP book is your favourite

4. What's your least favourite part of the movies?
5. Would you rather answer 100 reviews, or leave 100 reviews?

6. Do you ever see yourself writing OF?

Sarah

qM5VVUj.png

..::i was a drizzle and she was a hurricane::..

My Stories [12+ to M] | TDA [15+]

#6 keyty_

keyty_

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

Oh hey you guys rock :blushing:

Keyty! I didn't realise your MTA hadn't been posted in in so long! I'm here to rectify that :p

1. What's your fanfiction story? How did you get into reading/writing it?

2. If you could have any job in the wizarding world, what would you choose and why?

3. Which book did you read most recently? Did you like it?

4. If there was only one story on the archives that you could read which one would you choose?

5. Beneath tackles a lot of issues, do you ever find it emotionally difficult to write it?

Have fun answering :D

1. (Did you mean my favorite? I think that's what I'll go with) It's so hard to choose! I just got finished reading Curious Happenings at Number Twelve by ToujoursPadfoot. So I was pretty obsessed with that. Now I stalk Sarah and make sure she writes My Little Secrets (which I beta but don't really need to because it's perf). I basically read all Sirius/OCs that catch my attention. And then there are random stories here and there that don't fit that, like MLS.
  2. Well in RL I'm going to be a teacher, but I don't know if I would want to be a Hogwarts Professor. That would be pretty cool. I'm get queasy fairly easily, but I think being a Healer would be neat too. I don't think it would be as difficult as a doctor because wounds are easier to heal in the wizarding world. Or maybe a quidditch player. That sounds fun too.
  3. Well I'm listening to the HP audiobooks, and obviously I love them. But the last book I actually read was Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling. It's so funny! It didn't take me very long to read and was entertaining all the way through. I definitely recommend it!
  4. Why are you making me choose? I don't think I can! I love them all! My favorites list is so long... Can I just confine myself to that list? I'm gonna cop out and do that. :D
  5. That's a good question. I don't find it emotionally difficult to write, because I'm a very emotional person. But I've never gone as far deep as she has, or actually gone through that kind of trauma. That aspect is difficult because I feel like sometimes it's a bit over the top because I'm not sure what someone going through that would feel. So I guess the answer is sometimes.

Thank you so much! These were so fun to answer.  :hug:

I'm asking you more questions, bbg <3

1. You're not allowed to write Marauders, what era would you choose instead?

2. If you could BE any character in Beneath, which character would you choose? Why?

3. Which HP book is your favourite

4. What's your least favourite part of the movies?
5. Would you rather answer 100 reviews, or leave 100 reviews?

6. Do you ever see yourself writing OF?

1. Wow, how rude, Sarah! :p I think maybe Post-Hogwarts. I don't actually read it often, but I think it would be interesting. I would probably focus on Ron and Hermione and their new lives. I know a lot of people think Next Gen and just skip the starting of all the families, which is fine, but I like thinking of the early years in their marriages. With babies. I love babies.
  2. Wow! Hmm... That's tough. I would probably be Carmen. I love Carmen, she's hilarious. She's so easy going (unlike Rainne lol) and she has suitors! Who wouldn't love that?
  3. I probably have to go with PoA, because the Marauders are introduced. And Voldemort isn't actually even a threat in the story, which I like compared to the rest. And Sirius, of course, even though he's all raggedy he's still perfect. And Lupin! Lupin is so underappreciated. And Harry gets the map and discovers more of Hogwarts, and DADA is taught properly, and other than Sirius being a 'threat' everything is pretty cool.
  4. This is such a loaded question. You know I could go on for days! But I think I'll have to go with the way they completely butchered Ron and Hermione as characters. I think people that ship Harmione focus mainly on the movies while Romione shippers focus on the books. Ron is screwed over left and right in the movies, and usually he's just the butt of a joke, which I hate. Ron is such an important character and they completely undermine him! Okay I'll have to stop myself now.
  5. Hmmm... It would be selfish to say answer reviews, even though that would be awesome. But I actually would prefer leaving them. Because that's 100 chapters that I got to read! And knowing me they would all focus on Sirius! So yeah let's go with that that would be awesome.
  6. Maybe in the distant future... Right now I rely heavily on the fact that the setting and a lot of characters are already known to the readers, and I don't have to make up my own world. I don't even know what genre I would write... But I love writing, so maybe!

Thanks Sarah you're the bomb. You guys are so awesome for leaving me questions! Here have some flowers in return  :flowers2:  :give_rose:

Edited by long_live_luna_bellatrix, 04 May 2014 - 08:05 PM.

review thread | mta

all links are 12+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users