2 replies to this topic

#1 keyty_

keyty_

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

hi, there! my name is keyty and this is my archive.

this is where i answer any questions you may have about my writing, so shoot! i'd love to hear from you!

nymphadoraflitwick_zpse1ef2c64.png

call me keyty, because that is my name.

review thread | mta from up above challenge

#2 LightLeviosa5443

LightLeviosa5443

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:56 AM

I have some questions for you! 

1. What inspired you to write Beneath?

2. How do you chose the song that you match up the chapter with?

3. What do you do when you're getting ready to write a new chapter or story?

4. How far do you see Beneath going? (like to godric's hollow, graduation, etc)

5. Would you ever consider making it a series?

6. How did you first get started writing fanfiction?

I hope you have fun answering the questions!

#3 keyty_

keyty_

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

I have some questions for you! 

1. What inspired you to write Beneath?

2. How do you chose the song that you match up the chapter with?

3. What do you do when you're getting ready to write a new chapter or story?

4. How far do you see Beneath going? (like to godric's hollow, graduation, etc)

5. Would you ever consider making it a series?

6. How did you first get started writing fanfiction?

I hope you have fun answering the questions!

I wish I had seen these sooner! Here are my responses :)

1. Over the summer I got back into reading fanfiction. I read for hours on end. I'm very picky about the stories I choose to read, and after a while, I decided I wanted to read something that talked about depression, or self harm, or eating disorders. After searching for days and not finding anything, I decided to write it myself. I'm really happy with it so far, and the responses I have gotten from my readers (such as yourself!) are amazing!
  2. I have a lot of the story already planned, and sometimes when I listen to music, the scenes just play out in my head. Sometimes the songs themselves inspire the chapters. Other times I struggle a lot to find a song that fits. So I go through my library and try to find artists that tend to portray the emotion I'm trying to show in that specific chapter. Sometimes I'm lucky, but others it takes me a long time to find a song. In my second chapter, summer mood, I couldn't find a song for the life of me! But my friend introduced me to Best Coast and I loved them instantly. Usually I get really lucky and randomly happen upon a great song while listening to my library.
  3. Sometimes I know exactly what I'm going to write about and how to start, and I just dive into it. I have a little document with all my plot developments, and when I hit big points, it's really easy. However, there are also a lot of gaps, and those are the difficult parts to write. Right now I'm suffering from some major writer's block because there's a bit of a lull in my plot planning. I usually get help from the friend I mentioned earlier, but we have been very busy with school and work. I'm starting to think of something though, so hopefully I'll have a new chapter up soon!
  4. I have plans for seventh year, which I know is a ways away. I do want to get into Rainne's adulthood and career and such, but I'm not sure what that will be at this point. I'm also hoping to incorporate Voldemort soon, which will most likely help me if I do decide to go as far as Godric's Hollow. At this point, I'm unsure. I think it would be very fun to write, but I'm not sure where I will be in the story at that point. Sorry for the vague answer!
  5. I actually intend to make seventh year a sequel. I already have a title picked out and everything! I might make a small short story for in between as well to show what Rainne's summer is like. If I do decide to go past seventh year, that will be another story as well. But so far, I have solid plans for one sequel. :)
  6. Oh my gosh, this question brings me back! When I was around twelve, I think, I had issues in school. I didn't have that many friends and sometimes I got bullied. All I ever did was read and re-read the HP series. But soon, I got tired of the same old stories. I wanted something new. I was especially interested in Harry's parents, and somehow stumbled upon hpff. I wrote a few awful stories then, which I would rather not think about, but ever since I have been reading hpff on and off. I always love going back and finding the new amazing stories that have been written in my absence, the talent there is incredible!

Thank you so much for asking me such amazing questions, I had so much fun answering them. I hope these are good enough responses! I'm kind of in a rush, but if you want any clarification or have any more questions, feel free to leave another post!

And again, thank you for your amazing reviews, I really don't deserve all the love you've given me! xx

nymphadoraflitwick_zpse1ef2c64.png

call me keyty, because that is my name.

review thread | mta from up above challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users