6 replies to this topic

#1 blackballet

blackballet

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

Hello everyone! My name is Catherine (pen name blackballet), and I want to thank you for visiting my Meet The Author page. Feel free to pry with your questions about my novels and one-shots, my writing style, how I write, where I find inspiration, anything to do with my writing!

Thank you again for coming,

Catherine xx

P.S. I will most probably get to answering questions within the day, but if I'm any longer than three days, PM me and remind me to check!  :happy: 

#2 Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

Your MTA page looked lonely so I decided to brighten it up with some questions.

1- Where do you find inspiration for your stories from?

2- What is your writing style like?

3- What is your favorite ship? Canon and non/ canon

4- What made you start writing fanfiction?

5- Who was your favorite Hogwarts professor?

6- If you could one character from Harry Potter who would it be and why?

My hpff(M) My MTA

secrets.png

signature and avatar by socal @ tda

#3 blackballet

blackballet

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

Thank you so much!  :bye:

1. I mostly find inspiration from single words or phrases. It could be something so simple and I''ll just start creating a plot in my mind. It actually happened yesterday when I was watching a rerun of PLL  :blushing: Then I just have to write and now I have a whole new first chapter! Voila 

2. I love to write in first person. I've tried third before, but I just can't get into it. Third just doesn't give the insight that first person does. 

3. My favorite ship........hmm I really don't know. I really hate Hogwarts Era. Not that there aren't fics written wonderfully about it. It's just, I can't imagine that any other way than how JK wrote it. My first ship was Dramione, but that sailed a long, long time ago. I think I would have to say Sirius/OC. Considering most of my stories are based around that, it would seem the obvious choice. I don't really think of my stories in ships. I mostly just think of the plot first, and then add in the lovey dovey ness.  :happy: Or Albus II/OC. I feel like he's the Nest-Gen equivalent of Sirius, and I like to write him! 

4. Wow, okay this is a while back. I started writing when I was in third grade. I had my own little book and everything. Then in eighth grade we were forced to write a 20,000 word novel. Mine was horrible of course, and I had no idea where I was going with it. Then when I was thirteen, I kind of just stumbled upon it. I first started posting on FF.net, but it wasn't as family-like as HPFF, so I switched. My first story is horrid and I've taken it down, but that's my little starting story. I guess I just started because I love to write! 

5. That would have to be McGonagall. Definitely. I remember just loving her to death in the first movie the first time I watched it, and I loved the way she said Veraverto. I think that's how it would be spelled. Also, her characterization is just fabulous, and I think that's all thanks to JK. 

6. I think I would be Aunt Petunia. Don't throw food please! It's just, she seems like such a complex character, and I think JK's only flaw was not deepening what we saw of her. I would love to know what was going through her mind when she married Vernon, or when she called Lily a freak, or when she constantly tortures HArry and favors Dudley. Also, I think she really does care about her son, which is something I would be proud to say, thank you very much. (Yes, that was a little parallel to the first sentence.) 

Thank you for asking all these wonderful questions!  :thanks:

Catherine xx

#4 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

Hiya! 

1. Sirius Black - why the infatuation?

2. S.P.E.W - yay or nay? 

3. What makes you a Ravenclaw?

4. If you could trade one good person who lived for one good person that died, who would it be? No easy stuff like "kill Umbridge for Fred" and why?

That's all for now :D

ieJcLLA.png  wPsOfwQ.png  hrxnCfh.png

icons by bloodstream7@lj

I write stuff sometimes. {15+ to M}      

For you, a thousand times over.[12+]

#5 blackballet

blackballet

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

Thanks so much for asking!  :give_rose:

Hiya! 

1. Sirius Black - why the infatuation?

2. S.P.E.W - yay or nay? 

3. What makes you a Ravenclaw?

4. If you could trade one good person who lived for one good person that died, who would it be? No easy stuff like "kill Umbridge for Fred" and why?

That's all for now :D

I'm ready for this:

1. Alright, this one is a bit strange. It's not as much an infatuation with him as it is with OC's and angst stories that involve him growing up. I never really saw the "playboy" that he used to be in his teenage years in his adult character. I like to elaborate on that!

2. S.P.E.W-yay! I think Hermione was a bit overboard with it, though. I don't believe in trying to change someone's (even a House Elf's) fundamental beliefs, no matter how wrong they may be. 

3. I'm probably a Ravenclaw because I don't rely on other people at all. I always thought that out of all the houses, Ravenclaws are the most independent. I'm very logical as well, so that plays a part. 

4. I would trade George for either Remus or Tonks. I know it's horrid, but I'm playing by the rules. I think he would want to be with his brother, and probably continues to be absolutely miserable for a couple of years after Fred's death. I wouldn't want to put that on him. (But please no one die instead)

Thanks for your awesome questions!  :happy:

#6 emmyrose

emmyrose

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

Hey there! Thought I'd drop by and say hello :)

1) What is one character you haven't written about but would like to?

2) What gave you the idea for your story Inferius? It's definitely a creative plot line so I'm curious as to what made you want to write about inferi.

#7 blackballet

blackballet

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Thanks so much for these!

Wow, this is a tough one: 

1. I have not written about Dumbledore, and I would really like to. I think I've put it off because I can barely write from his POV for a paragraph never mind an entire story. I definitely respect anyone who has the courage to write him! 

2. I got the idea when I was watching HBP. I was so enthralled by how haunting they were. It made me think about their lives before they were killed, and how they aren't able to feel anymore. Barely able to think, really. It just really interested me. Then, I decided to write it in Marauder Era because I just love that era.  :happy: I love to write interesting plots, as well. It's really challenging, but so much fun and I think it really helps develop me as a writer. 

Thank you so much for asking me these questions! I love getting some questions.  :flowers2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users