#1 purplepotter775

purplepotter775

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:30 AM

Hello, I'm Ramya! :D

I like to read, write, make graphics, code, and waste time on the Internet when I should be doing something productive with my life. I've been writing fanfiction since 2011, but my stories back then were terrible. My author's page (12+) can be found here and my TDA gallery (12+) can be found here if anyone's interested. 

Ask away!

(Don't worry, I'll try not to bite :p)

HPFF | TDA | MTA

120821-14.png 042911-01.png 120821-13.png

(all links 12+)

sig icons by ettudis

#2 patronus_charm

patronus_charm

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

Yay you made an MTA and I get to christen it! :D

1. From the stories I've read of yours they've focused on minor characters, do you prefer writing them?

2. I love your graphics and I assume you love making them, so do they inspire you to write or is it the other way around?

3. What got you into HPPF first, the graphic making, reading or writing?

4. I read the first chapter of Solid Marble Eyes (which I need to review) is there a chapter two coming along soon? ;)

5. I noticed that you include a lot of French in your stories/graphics is that your mothertongue or do you just speak it? If so, is it hard writing in English?

I can't wait to read your answers! :D

g4VVUEc.png

author page [12+]| mta [12+] | gallery [15+] | the second person pov challenge [12+]

currently writing: khaled hosseini entry featuring a twilight crossover

#3 purplepotter775

purplepotter775

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

yay, questions! 

1. From the stories I've read of yours they've focused on minor characters, do you prefer writing them?

Yes, I love writing about minor characters, mostly because they don't get much love and also because it's so much easier for me to write about a minor character than a character that's very important to the story, because I'm afraid if I write a major character, I'll get them too out of character. With minor characters, I can use more of my own interpretation of them, which is really fun.

2. I love your graphics and I assume you love making them, so do they inspire you to write or is it the other way around?

Thank you, I'm glad you like them! I think it's a bit of both – sometimes, I'll make a graphic, which will give me the idea for a story, and sometimes, I'll write something, which gives me the inspiration to make a graphic for it. 

3. What got you into HPPF first, the graphic making, reading or writing?

I think reading got me into HPFF, because I wanted to read more about the world of Harry Potter, and then I decided I wanted to write my own fanfiction, so I created an account. A bit later, I discovered TDA, which is how the graphic making started. 

4. I read the first chapter of Solid Marble Eyes (which I need to review) is there a chapter two coming along soon?  ;)

Yes, there is! I'm almost done with chapter two, so I'll try to post it in the next few days! 

5. I noticed that you include a lot of French in your stories/graphics is that your mothertongue or do you just speak it? If so, is it hard writing in English?

English is my first language, but I took a bit of French in school. It's fun to use other languages in graphics/stories when English gets a bit boring or I just can't think of something interesting enough in English. 

Thank you so much for your lovely questions; they were really fun to answer! :D

Edited by purplepotter775, 20 July 2013 - 11:50 AM.

HPFF | TDA | MTA

(all links 12+)

sig icons by ettudis

#4 ~chocolate

~chocolate

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

Ramya! I'll be taking the spot for being the second to ask you questions.

1) Right now you have wrote in three different eras: Marauders, Post Hogwarts, and Next Generation. Which is your favorite to write and why?

2) Do you prefer to write OC's or canon characters? 

3) What made you want to write about Narcissa?

4) Which story do you enjoy writing most? why?

5) Is Romance your favorite genre to write since all you stories are marked under the Romance genre?

S a m a

gallery (12+)| hpff(12+ to M) | Crossing the Borderline(M)

redblue_zps4498f58d.png

#5 purplepotter775

purplepotter775

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

1) Right now you have wrote in three different eras: Marauders, Post Hogwarts, and Next Generation. Which is your favorite to write and why?

I'd have to say Next Generation is my favorite era to write, though Marauders is a close second. I love Next Gen because it's so fun to imagine life after the war, and it's fun to see how all the children of such familiar characters would grow up and what their personalities would be like. 

2) Do you prefer to write OC's or canon characters? 

I prefer to write OCs, mostly because I'm so scared of writing a cannon character out of character or writing them very differently than they were portrayed in the HP books. I love writing about more obscure cannon characters, though, because there's less fear of messing them up. OCs are fun to write, because I love inventing a character's characterization and developing their personality and stuff. Sometimes it's a lot of work, but it's also a ton of fun to invent your own character. 

3) What made you want to write about Narcissa?

I always felt like Bellatrix and Andromeda had the spotlight more, because Bellatrix was a Death Eater and Andromeda got disowned, but Narcissa was a very interesting character to me. I loved the part in Deathly Hallows where she tells Voldemort that Harry's dead when he isn't, just because she has so much love and affection for her son that she doesn't care that it's the Dark Lord she's lying to. On the surface, she seems like a very cold person, but I think there's a much warmer, loving side to her underneath. 

4) Which story do you enjoy writing most? why?

Probably In Which, because it's just so much fun to write! All the characters are really interesting to me, and I love writing in Imogen's point of view, because of all her snarky remarks about the world around her. The plot is rather complicated, but it's so fun to work with it and develop it. I also love writing humor, and In Which has a lot of that. 

5) Is Romance your favorite genre to write since all you stories are marked under the Romance genre?

Romance is definitely one of my favorite genres, but I wouldn't say it's my favorite, either. I love writing humor, and sometimes I love writing angst, too. I think romance is a genre that can fit with so many other genres really well. It's easy to take a relationship and write a fluffy, humorous Next Gen story about it, but romance can also be written with the angst or horror/dark genres, too. Romance gives me a lot of good plot bunnies, which is probably why all of my stories have at least some romance in them. 

Thank you for your questions, Sama, I really enjoyed answering all of them! :D

HPFF | TDA | MTA

(all links 12+)

sig icons by ettudis

#6 nott theodore

nott theodore

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 430 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

Hi Ramya!  I'm Sian :bye: I thought I'd pop by and ask you some questions:

1. Is there an era, genre or character that you want to write but haven't written yet?

2. What are your strengths and weaknesses as a writer?

3. I know you love poetry (because of your brilliant poetry challenge) - do you write poetry as well as prose?

4. Which authors (on the archives and in real life) are your favourites?

5. If you could meet one character from the series for a day, who would it be and why?

I hope you enjoy answering them! :D

25yyfjl.png

Icon and signature by Violet@TDA

My stories [12+] My MTA [12+]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MTA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users