40 replies to this topic

#1 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 364 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:32 AM

Welcome!

I'm MissesWeasley123 both here and over at the archives, but you can call me Nadia. I'm a reader, writer, reviewer, a professional procrastinator, and most certainly a believer in magic. I have some stories on the archives, and almost all of them are one shots. I do have two WIPs, but it's just finding the time to write them! 

Here are my WIPs:

Where The Dust Blows (M)

First Name Terms (15+)

You can find the rest of my stories, mostly one shots on my author's page here (15+)

I also wrote a collab for the Speed Dating Challenge with Elysium Jayne,

which can be found here (15+).

I've written a little bit of everything, so I hope you have fun reading my stories, and look forward to answering any questions you may have for me. It's been nice meeting you!

Edited by long_live_luna_bellatrix, 01 June 2014 - 05:51 PM.
Requested

#2 HeyMrsPotter

HeyMrsPotter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

Hi Nadia!! You MTA looked lonely so I came for a visit :)

1. Obviously you're a dramione shipper-yay! How did you get into dramione? Why do you ship them?
2. What is your favourite book in the HP series?
3. What is your favourite HP film?
4. How long have you been reading/writing fanfiction?

Have fun answering :D

20533at.gif

Banner  and profile image by EmmaWeasley

TBBBWHAPABYHDBWNOHPWHT!

#3 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 364 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

Hi Dee! Yes, it was quite lonely... Not any more eh? :D 

1. Obviously you're a dramione shipper-yay! How did you get into dramione? Why do you ship them?

Yes, I am. Believe it or not... the first Dramione I ever read, was yours. The Lonely Hearts. I remember just clicking on it, and you had around 23ish chapters, and during that time I was like a ghost on the archives, though I always left reviews :D I remember, your just made it so natural for them, and I always checked for updates - daily.

I ship them because I'm a big believer of opposites attract and such :D I feel like it's so true... I always reread the books and I see how mean and rude and just plain... eurgh he was to Hermione. And that makes me ship them less. But then I read the Dramiones on the archives and I'm like "ERMAHGERD..." So I don't exactly ship Jo Rowling's Draco and Hermione, but I do ship your Draco and Hermione, or whisper in the winds Draco and Hermione. 

2. What is your favourite book in the HP series? 

Half Blood Prince! It was definitely the darkest book, and I loved getting to know about Voldy. It killed me when Dumbledore died... but.... It was perfect. It's a close one between that and the Order of Phoenix, but, this one takes it away.

3. What is your favourite HP film?

Prisoner of Azkaban. I mean, it was the only adaptation that was done correctly! I will always have a spot in my heart for The Prince, because it was the first movie I ever watched in the movie cinemas!

4. How long have you been reading/writing fanfiction? 

I've been reading for a year, writing for way too short... Almost 3-4 months. Still a newbie :p

5. On a rate to 1 to 10, how awesome do you think I am?

1000000/10. I think you're very awesome. Oh, that wasn't a question? Oh well.

#4 nott theodore

nott theodore

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 566 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hi Nadia!  I've come to join in with the fun!

1. What originally made you want to start writing?

2. Which genre do you find easiest to write?  Which do you find the hardest?

3. Is there a character that you'd be terrified of writing?

4. You find yourself in Diagon Alley for the day.  Which shop do you visit first and why?

5. Which authors are your favourite to read on the archives?  And for original fiction?

I hope you liked the questions! :hug:

11t360m.png

Set by anyroad @ TDA

my stories [12+] my mta [12+]

#5 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 364 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hi Sian! Gah,I feel so popular all of a sudden! :D

1. What originally made you want to start writing?

Well, I always enjoyed reading. I'm such a nerd - thus Nerdia. When I began reading FF, I was really blown by the fact that there were so many great authors out there! I was very intimidated by that! I think once I began reading the more fluffy stuff, I thought, "Hey, maybe I can write too!" I got a plot bunny with my at the time obsession Draco/Hermione and began writing. I had tons of experience from school, but there I was a pro of some sorts at persuasive writing. I could beat any one in speeches. That made me want to follow canon a whole lot, so I could persuade the reader into believing the pairing. I don't know if I managed to do that though! Once I started, I just couldn't stop. Then I plucked up the courage to join the forums and met all of you! And I also joined challenges (way too many as you know) and wrote some one shots ;)

2. Which genre do you find easiest to write?  Which do you find the hardest?

I find dark/angst easiest to write! I don't know why that is, maybe because I've just read way too many books on social issues and all. I find any form of description really hard to write in general. I'm just so lazy, it's really bad. I like skipping to dialogue and stuff, so my action scenes aren't that great. So anything that relates to description really... D: Hopefully with WtDG I'll improve my skills ;)

3. Is there a character that you'd be terrified of writing?

Bellatrix! Or Voldy even! I don't even know how people do them! I wrote Bella in For Them, but it was very minor and action packed so using her character in the Ministry Battle in the Order as a guideline ,I was able to pull it off. Voldemort... gah. That's a whole 'nother story. 

4. You find yourself in Diagon Alley for the day.  Which shop do you visit first and why?

WEASLEY'S WIZARDING WHEEZES! I'D GO THERE ANY DAY, ANY TIME, JUST TAKE ME!

Pretty self explanatory really, I mean... who wouldn't want to get there hands on some patented daydreaming charm?

5. Which authors are your favourite to read on the archives?  And for original fiction?

You, HeyMrsPotter, Jchrissy, MissMdsty (both of which I am guilty of still not finhsing their novels... I should be doing that and not this, but shh!) academica, Ac_rules (who you told me about, she is AMAZING!), Lovely_Slytheriness (She's the only one who ever made Drarry believable - I'm still in denial though) and a whole other whack of people ;) 

OF - John Green, Rick Riordan, SCOTT LYNCH OMG YES SCOTT LYNCH, Patrick Rothfuss, and Brandon Sanderson. Jo Rowling obviously, she opened the door to all these fantasy authors ;)

I had so much fun answering! Thank you so much! To both of you actually :D  :hug:  :give_rose:  :flowers2:  :thanks:

#6 Guest_MidnightBlue_Guest

Guest_MidnightBlue_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

Hiya! Really enjoyed answering your questions on my MTA page so thought I'd come and return the favour :) (And eek! I see you're a huge Scott Lynch fan. The Lies of Locke Lamora has been near the top of my to-read list for ages. I need to get on that.)

1. Who is your favourite Weasley sibling and why?

2. To throw back a question you asked me.. Do you feel sorry for Snape?

3. Do you write any original fiction? If so, what's your genre?

4. Which ships can you simply not get on board with and don't like to read?

#7 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 364 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

Dude. You need to run to the nearest book store or library and GO GET THE LIES OF LOCKE LAMORA! It's so awesome - trust me. You'll fall in love. I also love the references to natural gas. Lynch's fart jokes are so good. Anyways...

1. Who is your favourite Weasley sibling and why?

My favourite Weasley! Um... Ron. Yeah, I like Ron :wub:  I don't know why. I mean, I loved the twins and stuff but Ron was the Weasley we got to know most. He sure did make me angry sometimes but I loved his relationship with Hermione, and completely understood why sometimes he didn't say the best things or made stupid mistakes. I felt bad for him because he was forever in Harry's shadow, but I also thought it was so awesome that he got out of the friend zone and snagged Hermione for his own :p

2. To throw back a question you asked me.. Do you feel sorry for Snape?

I honestly hated him throughout the books. I found his hatred towards Harry, Neville, Hermione, and the Weasleys so aggravating and it made me cringe so much. I found his actions unjustified and cruel, simple as that. But, I also found his character quite funny too. His dry humour really cracked me up, though I don't think that would've happened if Alan Rickman didn't play him in the movies. Moving along - what he did to Remus was so shallow. I literally had no respect for him at all, especially because, Snape's an intelligent man, he knows and probably has studied the totures people got through while transforming every month. But he totally omits that and continues to make snide remarks to Lupin and then, ultimately makes Lupin lose his job. Not cool Snape. I thought the whole fake Veritaserum thing was cool and made little to redeem his character, but I didn't bother a whole lot about him, until the end of the sixth book. I hated him with all my guts. But then in DH, I felt bad for him, in that moment. But I didn't feel bad because he lost the love of his life, no, I felt bad because he made all the wrong choices. And Harry, was living proof of what Snape could have had with Lily. He wasn't a hero - and I admire his love and bravery but, at the end of the day, he messed it up for himself. So, I can't say I do feel bad for him. I resent what he did though.

3. Do you write any original fiction? If so, what's your genre?

Nope! :D I plan on doing NaNoWriMo... but I don't know, maybe :) My genre would probably be some good ol' teen fiction.

4. Which ships can you simply not get on board with and don't like to read?

Drinny. Like... what? I don't understand parings like Hermione and Tom, or Sirius, or Remus... I'm fine with Dramione but Drinny is just weird. That's it really, I even read Drarry sometimes! But some ships are just... I don't know :p 

Thanks so much for stopping by! Go read Locke Lamora - so good! I am permanently stuck on the second book though haha. :)

#8 randomhpffwriter

randomhpffwriter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

Nadia  :hug:

I think it's time I posted on your MTA :)

1) From where did you get your inspiration for 'Where the Dust Blows'?

2) Which is your OTP in the world of fanfiction? :)

3) Which is your favourite genre to read and write on fanfiction?

4) If you could change one thing about the epilogue, what would it be?

5) You've tackled the theme of suicide in one of your earlier stories. Was it difficult writing about it?

6)Who are your favourite authors on fanfiction and otherwise?

That's all for now :) I'll be back, I'm sure.

Edited by randomhpffwriter, 15 September 2013 - 08:09 PM.

Try the Gift-It Challenge (12+)

2vtzfar.png

Icon by legendson. Sig by anyroad.

I've written some stories (12+) Questions awayy! (12+)

#9 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 364 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

Aw, I'm so glad you stopped by beautiful! Thank you! (I still want that surprise haha...) :thanks:

1) From where did you get your inspiration for 'Where the Dust Blows'?

So originally, when I got Neville I'd been putting off writing my entry for waaay too long. I was just so lazy and unmotivated. My idea at the time for the plot was something along the lines that Neville finds out about the prophecy and feels angered that Harry was the chosen one, and not him. Then he fights Harry and the end, Neville dies.

Not the greatest story I know.

So, then, my friend and I were talking and I told him about this challenge. And he just went crazy and started developing this whole plot, in which I joined him later. We were all like "AND THEN, NEVILLE COULD SO DO THIS AND BAAAAM EVERYONE'S DEAD!" Yeah. You probably didn't want to be in the room during that time. When I finally sat down because I didn't want to opt out of the challenge, I began writing. And, I did tone it down a bit, but during the time I was reading Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch and the amount of description in that made me want to be as descriptive as possible. As a writer, I really have a tough time with that. I just love skipping ahead to the dialogue! I'd also read The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss which really helped with that first chapter. I found that reading other works that had amazing description really helped with my own, and I hope it just stays that way. Okay, so I totally just rambled  :whistling: haha but yeah - this story came from a conversation. 

2) Which is your OTP in the world of fanfiction?

*looks both ways and sees no angry mobs and whispers the forbidden pair*

Dramione.

Please don't hate me :p

See now, they key word is fanfiction. I don't see the pair happening in the books, but in fanfiction - oh yes. I don't think they could ever exist in the books because of the hatred Draco showed towards her for all their school life - I don't think Hermione's stupid enough to get involved in him. I think Draco could have had feelings for her during the books... and maybe that's why he didn't say that it was Hermione at Malfoy Manor? But, yeah, no chance at Dramione in the books. In fanfiction though, I'm a sucker for fluff and romance. I love how some authors depict their relationship. I like well written Dramiones, though I've read some with slight problems, but as long as they don't make Ron a cheater, or Hermione swear I'll take it. I just feel like some writers out there have magnificent brains(if I were a zombie, I would nom nom them) and they make me believe in the pair. Canon pairing would be Ronmione though, or ScoRose.

3) Which is your favourite genre to read and write on fanfiction?

I'm in a love/hate relationship with romance. I'm very emotional. But I just can't resist... I blame it on the whole "girl genes". I love to write angst. I don't know... Maybe because I'm so emotional I manage to weave it in words and make other people depressed too... god I need to stop writing angst... I'm currently writing another dark/horror one shot on Theodore Nott and I honestly haven't had this much fun for a while ;)

4) If you could change one thing about the epilogue, what would it be?

Um... nothing? :p Haha okay, um.. I would love if it were longer. I really wanted to know where Luna was, or how George was doing. 

5) You've tackled the theme of suicide in one of your earlier stories. Was it difficult writing about it?

No. I know, I'm so strange/insensitive. But nope, it wasn't. Like I said, angst comes naturally for me. It gets rid of all the sadness in me, it's how I show my feelings. I don't like suicide, I don't like being hurt. I know there are other people who do it though, and that makes me very sad, so writing it didn't make me feel so troubled, but certainly when I reread what I wrote I was left a bit hollow on the inside. I try not to read that story more than I have to though.

6)Who are your favourite authors on fanfiction and otherwise?

Someone else asked me this, but you'll be pleased to know my list has increased! HeyMrsPotter, nott theodore, MissMdsty, Jchrissy, academica, Sunflower, Erised, and a bunch of others above^ 

Again, other authors are J.K.R, John Green, Ellen Hopkins, Scott Lynch, Patrick Rothfuss, and Rick Riordan. I don't usually read books based on authors, it's mainly what I pick up and whether the book seems interesting.

Thank you for the questions Adi, I had so much fun answering! :flowers2: <--- that emoticon is magical haha :p

#10 harrypotterlover1

harrypotterlover1

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

Thought I would stop by and ask some random questions.

1. Do you like the walking dead? (random)

2. Which story did you read first on the archives?

3. If you cried at any moment during reading the Harry Potter books, which was the first?

4. Which character do you wish hadn't died?

5. If Jo was to write another book in the wizarding world, what would you like it to be about?

:)

#11 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 364 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

:xstuck: It's like Christmas but in November!  :jazzy:

1. Do you like The Walking Dead? (random)

My brother ahdores it.Like, seriously. I remember when he first began watching it, and I decided to look at his laptop screen and all I see is blood, blood and more blood! I'm highly intrigued by the concept, but have never gotten around to watching it. I'm scared by massively large amounts of seasons and episodes... It's like starting a  fanfiction on HPFF that has like 30 chapters... And I have to review each one... *shivers*

2. Which story did you first read on the archives?

Moonlight by adoranymph (which is Mature but absolutely fabulous, you have to read it, it's 169 chapters so, good luck!) I think it had just gotten updated, chapter... 165 I think, and I started reading it and was blown away at how well they captured Remus' life. The author is just so good. She is an amazing writer, and I just wished she updated more often... *sigh* I also take pride in knowing that I've read the biggest fanfiction on the archives. It's bordering very close to ONE MILLION words!

3. If you cried at any moment during reading the Harry Potter books, which was the first?

Oh, I'm sorry, I never cried at all! :p

... Just kidding... Of course I cried! God I bawled so much. Sirius' death ripped my heart into a million pieces and it was terrible. And then J.K.R. sent a dementor on me when Dumbledore died and my soul was gone, broken.

4. Which character do you wish hadn't died?

Fred Weasley. I know both Remus and Tonks died, but if they came back, Teddy would have parents and the Lupins wouldbe complete. But, they don't need to come back. Teddy has Harry and Andromeda - a godfather and grandma, which is more than whatever Harry had growing up. But for George, he lost his twin. He lost someone who's been with him ever since he was born, and then now, he's just not there anymore. Someone's supposed to be in George's life, and now, they aren't. There are no "Weasley Twins" and that thought is very scary. I think a part of me wishes that, I'd rather have Percy, Charlie, or even Ron killed, rather than him. Wait, no, scratch that, how about none of them die and the Weasleys live happily ever after? :p

5. If Jo was to write another book in the wizarding world, what would you like it to be about?

If it were a short story collection on Dumbledore, I would love her to heaven (because I already love her to death so a fat load of help that'd do). I'm really interested on how Dumbledore's planning with Gellert went, and to hear her view on it. Not only that but I think it'd be interesting to see Dumbledore evolve into a great man, and how his mind works. He's such an interesting and layered character, he has so much depth. I need to know more on him.

Thanks so much for these questions! :flowers2:

#12 randomhpffwriter

randomhpffwriter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Nadiaa! :hug:

I'm back because I love you. Seriously! :p

1) What inspired you to write Blurring Whites?

2) Are you going to be delving into more unexplored themes any time soon?

3)Now that you aren't as big a fan of Dramione as you were, which would you say is your new OTP?

4) Will you ever try your hand at graphic-ing? :p (yeah, that was random!)

I'll be back again sometime :)

Try the Gift-It Challenge (12+)

2vtzfar.png

Icon by legendson. Sig by anyroad.

I've written some stories (12+) Questions awayy! (12+)

#13 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 364 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

Adi!  :give_rose: It feels nice to be loved :hug:

1) What inspired you to write Blurring Whites?

Looking at this question makes me do a big Mickey Mouse hand/glove face-palm at my choice of title.  And the choice of my character name for Laura.. ahhhh get it awaaaay. Anyway, school's started for nearly everyone, and I've been feeling quite out of place and just really lost all the time. Just so different and really weird and strange. So, during French class (which is sooo boring, such torture like I've never faced before...) I started writing. And it came really, really easy to me. The words just flowed onto paper and it all made sense. Then I got into dialogue and I added a character I never planned to be there - Net. And I needed to procrastinate my WIPs so I really got into it, especially since the queue was 0 hours. I know. ZERO. Anyway, so I started writing and it was painful. So painful to write.   :down:  (that's me hehe) Like not the, "UGH, GET THIS AWAY FROM MEEEE." but like the, "WHY AM I SO MEAN TO MY CHARACTERS AHHHH". And it was just very sad. And filled with typos that I need to fix... O.o

2) Are you going to be delving into more unexplored themes any time soon?

Yes! At least, I hope so :D Not really "unexplored" in general to the population of HPFF, but more of the stuff I've never tried a hand at before.

I'm really really tempted by the freedom in Next Generation... I have a couple of one shot plot bunnies (that maybe I'll pass on over to a certain someone so they can write it and I won't have to because I'm lazy :whistling: ) and a short story thing... and two WIPs.. But I need to finish that Dramione. Maybe I should sign up to be a rebel.. hmm.. might as well.. I would love to write a Founders, just haven't come across anything yet. I'm frightened by Marauders (keep them away!!!) so that doesn't leave me with much to work on. I've thought about a really weird ship, like Teddy/Lily.. which has probably been done already, but it's something I've been really tempted to write... And I might try writing a Canon ship.. *shivers*

3) Now that you aren't as big of a fan of Dramione as you were, which would you say is your new OTP?

Meh. Dramione was my non canon OTP. My canon one shall forever be Romione... I love it to death. Recently, Draco/Astoria have been nudging in, very closely to my heart. I think I'd still read Dramiones (I still stalk the WIPs I've read for updates haha) but they'd just have to be really well written, and not done before. I feel like I've read all the Dramiones out there, but with pairings like Draco/Astoria, there's so many possibilities!

4) Will you ever try your hand at graphic-ing? :p

I've promised all my NaNo children graphics if they finish, but I don't think I'd ever be good enough to join TDA or something :p Plus, I'd be frightened to put up my gallery.. it's like waiting for validation.. I'm far more artistic by hand then I am on a computer, though I can do somethings, I think.

GAH I WANNA GOBBLE YOU UP. *squishes* Thanks for visiting m'dear!

#14 nott theodore

nott theodore

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 566 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

Nadia!  I'm here giving you some motherly encouragement :happy:

1. What's your favourite thing about belonging to HPFF?

2. What's the strangest plot bunny you've ever had?

3. When you got the challenge of making Neville go bad, how did you come up with the plot for WtDB?

4. What's your favourite place to write?

Happy writing! :cheerleader:

11t360m.png

Set by anyroad @ TDA

my stories [12+] my mta [12+]

#15 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 364 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

Sian!  :hug: You're the best mummy ever!

1. What's your favourite thing about belonging to HPFF?

It's so fun to know that there's so many of us who still love Harry Potter so much, even after it's over. People think I'm weird for being way too obsessive but over here, I'm not different. I can talk about the thing I love most without thinking twice. But also because you all are such good writers. You are seriously so amazing, and all have such talent. I feel honoured to "know" some of you, because to me, you all are people who will be published one day. And so I can say, one day, "I know that person, we've talked before." And even if it's not about writing, everyone (you especially!) are so helpful. Everyone here works to get better at whatever they're doing. It's a sense of family, and just so special to me. I know I'll be here for a while ;)

2. What's the strangest plot bunny you've ever had?

The Harry and Draco are a couple and Draco gets pregnant and Harry leaves. In comes in Hermione and BAM. Drarry and Dramione all in one! As you know, that was inspired by this really weird fanfiction on One Direction I saw... And thankfully didn't read lol. I think I might write it this month. For fun ;) (and Rickroll you into reading it hehe)

3. When you got the challenge of making Neville go bad, how did you come up with the plot for WtDB?

I was talking with a friend and he was moaning about how J.K. Rowling never made any "cool" magic happen, since Harry did end up defeating practically everyone using a simple disarming spell every time. He's one of the few people who know I write fanfiction, and he knew about this challenge. So he told me to write one where Neville went all bad and did this crazy magic and I'm like, "Calm down there." But I ended up writing it anyway. He's very persuasive :couch:

4. What's your favourite place to write?

WHILE I'M ON THE TOILET! I kid, I kid :p I don't think I've done that before haha... :twitch: ... ;) Okay, I haven't, as far as I can remember. I like writing in the car while we go on trips because I'm so bored and have no choice but to write :p

Thanks so much for the encouragement Mum!  :hug:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users