4 replies to this topic

#1 UnluckyStar57

UnluckyStar57

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

Hi!  I'm UnluckyStar57 here on the forums, and I'm also UnluckyStar57 on the archives.  I have a real name in real life, but sometimes I forget what it is... ;)

Anyways...

I have five stories right now.  Some of them are completed, some of them are not, and because I like to create links so much, I'll list them all for you! :)

Shattered Infinity (15+)

The Psychology of Gobstones (15+)

Master of His Own Destiny (15+)

The Society (15+)

So This Is How It Ends... (15+)

If you wish to ask me questions, please ask away!  I would love to answer them.  It would positively be my pleasure. :D

~UnluckyStar57

Author Page (15+)

#2 nott theodore

nott theodore

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 430 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

Hello!  Your page looked a bit lonely so I decided to stop by and ask some questions:

1. What's the strangest place you've ever found inspiration for a story from?

2. Where is your favourite place to write?

3. Do you have any rituals to help get you into the writing mood?

4. I saw from your About Me page that you love Albus/OC stories.  What is it that you enjoy about them?

5. Which house do you think Albus would be in?

6. Which HP book is your favourite?

7. Which non-Hogwarts quidditch team would you support?

That's all for now - have fun answering! :bye:

25yyfjl.png

Icon and signature by Violet@TDA

My stories [12+] My MTA [12+]

#3 UnluckyStar57

UnluckyStar57

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:56 AM

Oh my gosh!!  I didn't even expect anyone to ask me any questions!!  You just made my day!  And I'm sorry that I haven't answered until now.  Real life is troublesome.

1)  The strangest place that I've ever found inspiration for a story was actually not so strange at all.  My very first fanfiction, "The Society," was started simply because I had recently joined the archives and I really wanted to post something.  So I just randomly started writing, and although it was a sunny spring day, the words that appeared on my computer screen were dark, gloomy, and rather mysterious.  It actually kind of sounded like an interesting story, so I published it!  And now, unfortunately, I'm stuck on a third chapter that has taken (and is in the process of taking) over seven months to write!  ...I should probably work on that, actually...

2)  My favorite place to write is in my room.  I've found that I'm a lot more comfortable with typing my ideas out on the computer rather than writing them in a notebook.  I would love to be one of those people who can sit under the trees and let magical words pour onto the page, but I'm not.  My room is a good place for me because it's really comfortable!  I can wear my pajamas if I want to! :)

3)  Hmmmm... No, I don't really have any writing rituals.  I do tend to write a few paragraphs, go away, and then come back later to erase and rewrite EVERYTHING.  I suppose that it's not a very productive ritual, but it's what I've been doing lately. :p

4)  Hahahaha...  My "About Me" page was written right after I joined the forums, and I was such a noob back then.  I went CRAZY for Albus/OC, and there really wasn't any reason behind it.  It might've been because I had never really thought about the Next Generation before, and there was a whole world of possibility for me to explore.  Of course, now I've seen a lot of cliches and stereotypes, and although I still like Albus/OC, I only like it if it's REALLY original and different.  Currently, I enjoy fics set in pre-Hogwarts times, such as the Founders era and Minerva McGonagall's school days.  It's really interesting to see the ships that people come up with in those particular time frames!

5)  Albus is such a strange character...  I've seen him in every House in the fanfiction world, and that has probably influenced my opinion of his Sorting a little too much.  Based on the epilogue in Deathly Hallows, I think that he would most likely choose Gryffindor if the Sorting Hat gave him a choice.  Then again, what do I know?!  He might do well in Hufflepuff, too!

6)  I have always loved Half-Blood Prince and Goblet of Fire... And really all of them.  They are my oldest friends. :)

7)  Hmmm...  I'm not a sports fan in the Muggle world, so I feel like I wouldn't pay too much attention to Quidditch, but I would always cheer on the Holyhead Harpies and the Ballycastle Bats.  Holyhead is an all-women's team, and that's super awesome!  As for Ballycastle, well, I like their name! (Trust me, this is basically how I choose which Muggle teams I'm supporting as well!)

Thank you so much for your lovely questions!!  <3

~UnluckyStar57

Author Page (15+)

#4 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

Hiya! I have some questions also..

1. What perspective do you most like writing in?

2. Is there a era you would be terrified to write?

3. How do you usually plan your stories?

4. Who is your favourite female character from HP?

Have fun answering :)

VeLeFiW.png  lefRyZ3.png  zHEDsgu.png

I write stuff sometimes. {15+ to M}      

For you, a thousand times over.[12+]

(The Khaled Hosseini Quote Challenge)

#5 UnluckyStar57

UnluckyStar57

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

Hi!!  I'm sorry that it's been over two months since you asked these questions and I'm only just now answering them...  Shame on me. :p

1.  I think that my favorite perspective is probably third person limited.  It allows me to be omniscient, knowing what the characters are thinking and saying at all times, but it also leaves some places to be explored that even I don't know about until I write them!

2.  YES.  I am absolutely TERRIFIED of Marauders Era and the Hogwarts Era.  I just don't think that I can do Harry, Ron, and Hermione justice, and the Marauders don't interest me all that much.  (Don't get me wrong, I love to read about them!  It's just that if I were to write a story about them, I would get bored or run out of inspiration too quickly, which is quite terrifying!)

3.  ...Hahahaha... Planning...  To be honest, the best stories that I've written have been largely unplanned.  However, in preparation for challenges and things like that (unfortunately, challenge stories make up most of my author's page... I really need to work on that...), I usually type out a few key points that I need to put into the story, and then I give my fingers free reign over the keyboard.  Sometimes they type out things that are satisfactory, but sometimes, they don't.  Such is life. :)

4.  My favorite female character from Harry Potter is Luna Lovegood, completely!  We're both Ravenclaws, and she's really strange, which I admire.  I would love to be as strange as she is, but alas, I'm SO normal.  I also want to borrow her Dirigible Plum earrings because they're awesome. :D

Thank you so much for asking me questions!!  It really means a lot to me, even though I was bad and took a long time to answer them. *sheepish grin*

~UnluckyStar57

Author Page (15+)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users