10 replies to this topic

#1 UnluckyStar57

UnluckyStar57

UnluckyTanya57

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

Hi!  I'm UnluckyStar57 here on the forums, and I'm also UnluckyStar57 on the archives.  I have a real name in real life, but sometimes I forget what it is... ;)

Anyways...

I have five stories right now.  Some of them are completed, some of them are not, and because I like to create links so much, I'll list them all for you! :)

Shattered Infinity (15+)

The Psychology of Gobstones (15+)

Master of His Own Destiny (15+)

The Society (15+)

So This Is How It Ends... (15+)

If you wish to ask me questions, please ask away!  I would love to answer them.  It would positively be my pleasure. :D

WWWWW!!!/Celsa sub conveniant aquila sapientes mentes.

If you're not an Eagle...

Helena_V2_zpsebsn9yod.gif

set by katwithlove! Thank you!  Author Page (15+)

#2 nott theodore

nott theodore

Head of Gryffindor

• 1,100 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

Hello!  Your page looked a bit lonely so I decided to stop by and ask some questions:

1. What's the strangest place you've ever found inspiration for a story from?

2. Where is your favourite place to write?

3. Do you have any rituals to help get you into the writing mood?

4. I saw from your About Me page that you love Albus/OC stories.  What is it that you enjoy about them?

5. Which house do you think Albus would be in?

6. Which HP book is your favourite?

7. Which non-Hogwarts quidditch team would you support?

That's all for now - have fun answering! :bye:

layrs.png

Staff House Cup set by the wonderfully talented Lady Asphodel

my stories  my mta

#3 UnluckyStar57

UnluckyStar57

UnluckyTanya57

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:56 AM

Oh my gosh!!  I didn't even expect anyone to ask me any questions!!  You just made my day!  And I'm sorry that I haven't answered until now.  Real life is troublesome.

1)  The strangest place that I've ever found inspiration for a story was actually not so strange at all.  My very first fanfiction, "The Society," was started simply because I had recently joined the archives and I really wanted to post something.  So I just randomly started writing, and although it was a sunny spring day, the words that appeared on my computer screen were dark, gloomy, and rather mysterious.  It actually kind of sounded like an interesting story, so I published it!  And now, unfortunately, I'm stuck on a third chapter that has taken (and is in the process of taking) over seven months to write!  ...I should probably work on that, actually...

2)  My favorite place to write is in my room.  I've found that I'm a lot more comfortable with typing my ideas out on the computer rather than writing them in a notebook.  I would love to be one of those people who can sit under the trees and let magical words pour onto the page, but I'm not.  My room is a good place for me because it's really comfortable!  I can wear my pajamas if I want to! :)

3)  Hmmmm... No, I don't really have any writing rituals.  I do tend to write a few paragraphs, go away, and then come back later to erase and rewrite EVERYTHING.  I suppose that it's not a very productive ritual, but it's what I've been doing lately. :p

4)  Hahahaha...  My "About Me" page was written right after I joined the forums, and I was such a noob back then.  I went CRAZY for Albus/OC, and there really wasn't any reason behind it.  It might've been because I had never really thought about the Next Generation before, and there was a whole world of possibility for me to explore.  Of course, now I've seen a lot of cliches and stereotypes, and although I still like Albus/OC, I only like it if it's REALLY original and different.  Currently, I enjoy fics set in pre-Hogwarts times, such as the Founders era and Minerva McGonagall's school days.  It's really interesting to see the ships that people come up with in those particular time frames!

5)  Albus is such a strange character...  I've seen him in every House in the fanfiction world, and that has probably influenced my opinion of his Sorting a little too much.  Based on the epilogue in Deathly Hallows, I think that he would most likely choose Gryffindor if the Sorting Hat gave him a choice.  Then again, what do I know?!  He might do well in Hufflepuff, too!

6)  I have always loved Half-Blood Prince and Goblet of Fire... And really all of them.  They are my oldest friends. :)

7)  Hmmm...  I'm not a sports fan in the Muggle world, so I feel like I wouldn't pay too much attention to Quidditch, but I would always cheer on the Holyhead Harpies and the Ballycastle Bats.  Holyhead is an all-women's team, and that's super awesome!  As for Ballycastle, well, I like their name! (Trust me, this is basically how I choose which Muggle teams I'm supporting as well!)

Thank you so much for your lovely questions!!  <3

#4 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

Hiya! I have some questions also..

1. What perspective do you most like writing in?

2. Is there a era you would be terrified to write?

3. How do you usually plan your stories?

4. Who is your favourite female character from HP?

Have fun answering :)

Ddvz0Ud.gif

Wistful is one talented Slytherin

this stuff i've written. [15+] whoa, questions. [12+] erm, a gallery [15+]

nadia is the name, hiatus from writing is the game

:Gryffindor:

#5 UnluckyStar57

UnluckyStar57

UnluckyTanya57

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

Hi!!  I'm sorry that it's been over two months since you asked these questions and I'm only just now answering them...  Shame on me. :p

1.  I think that my favorite perspective is probably third person limited.  It allows me to be omniscient, knowing what the characters are thinking and saying at all times, but it also leaves some places to be explored that even I don't know about until I write them!

2.  YES.  I am absolutely TERRIFIED of Marauders Era and the Hogwarts Era.  I just don't think that I can do Harry, Ron, and Hermione justice, and the Marauders don't interest me all that much.  (Don't get me wrong, I love to read about them!  It's just that if I were to write a story about them, I would get bored or run out of inspiration too quickly, which is quite terrifying!)

3.  ...Hahahaha... Planning...  To be honest, the best stories that I've written have been largely unplanned.  However, in preparation for challenges and things like that (unfortunately, challenge stories make up most of my author's page... I really need to work on that...), I usually type out a few key points that I need to put into the story, and then I give my fingers free reign over the keyboard.  Sometimes they type out things that are satisfactory, but sometimes, they don't.  Such is life. :)

4.  My favorite female character from Harry Potter is Luna Lovegood, completely!  We're both Ravenclaws, and she's really strange, which I admire.  I would love to be as strange as she is, but alas, I'm SO normal.  I also want to borrow her Dirigible Plum earrings because they're awesome. :D

Thank you so much for asking me questions!!  It really means a lot to me, even though I was bad and took a long time to answer them. *sheepish grin*

#6 Veritaserum27

Veritaserum27

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 336 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

Hi there!

I thought of a few questions for you that haven't been asked yet!

1.  What is your OTP?

2.  I love your story Playing for Keeps.  Where did you get your inspiration to write that?

3.  What story are you the most proud of?

4.  What are your favorite stories on the site?

5.  Can you tell us about your username?  Is there any significance to the name and/or numbers?

♥ Beth

You can call me Beth!

Helena_V2_zpsxdz45ib7.gif

Signature and Icon by kathwithlove

:Ravenclaw:

Links to my stories (12+ to M)

#7 UnluckyStar57

UnluckyStar57

UnluckyTanya57

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:13 AM

Hi Beth!  I'm so sorry that it took me such an indecent amount of time to answer these!  :blushing:

1.  What is your OTP?

See, the problem is that I don't really have one.  I love a whole lot of couples for a lot of different reasons.  I'd say that at the moment, I enjoying reading/writing James/Lily most of all, but I also really love WolfStar, Scorose, Scorbus, and Tedromeda (Ted Tonks/Andromeda Black).  I would say that Tedromeda is probably the most OTP-ish one overall, though.

2.  I love your story Playing for Keeps.  Where did you get your inspiration to write that?

Thank you so much! :wub:  I originally got the idea for PfK because the summer before I went to college, we bought my dad a pool table for Father's Day.  I played pool a lot that summer, so that's where all the pool scenes come from.  As for the Shooting Star and Annie's role as a pool hustler, they just came to me when I was playing pool one day.  And James is a product of the whole "bullying" angle, which is due to the fact that I wanted to write about a character who isn't skinny and who still struggles with body image.  (It all makes sense in my head, I swear.)  The stuff about Annie working in Quality Quidditch Supplies comes from my own experiences working at McDonald's (for one whole tragic month) and a department store.  So now you know that PfK is largely based on my own experiences, but I tried to wrap them in a layer of sarcasm and satire that my own life doesn't have. :p

3.  What story are you the most proud of?

Definitely Playing for Keeps.  I didn't think I could write more than 5 chapters, much less keep a narrative going.  But I've written 17 chapters so far, and I've got the entire story roughly planned out.  It's an accomplishment that will hopefully inspire me to write more novels!

4.  What are your favorite stories on the site?

Well, Actions Speak Louder Than Words is one of my favorites, not gonna lie. :flowers2:  Additionally, I love Aphoride's House of Cards, Violet Gryfindor's This Longing, Ravenclaw333's The Fred Weasley Memorial Scholarship, my_voice_rising's Keep Calm and Carry On, and Lululuna's Play the Devil.  There's also a story called Slow Metabolism, which was written by meghna.  It's been three years since she's updated it, and I still go back and reread it over and over because I love it so much.  I definitely have way more faves than this, though, but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. :D

5.  Can you tell us about your username?  Is there any significance to the name and/or numbers?

Ah, yes!  My username!  Story time:  "Mallory" means "unlucky."  57 has been my favorite number for almost nine years now, and it's all because when I was in grade school, I decided that I really liked the way it looks.  I still do.  And so, when I was signing up for the archives back in 2012, I knew I wanted to use "Unlucky" and "57," but my name needed something Potter-ish to make it seem really legit.  And so, "Star" was added.  It was a rather hasty choosing of a name, but I absolutely don't regret it.  It's one of the only ones that start with "U"! :D

Thanks for your questions! 

#8 Aphoride

Aphoride

Queen Laura

• 985 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:59 PM

So... I thought I had asked you questions. Genuinely. Oops... :couch: Well, I'm here to rectify that now! :p

1. So, your Jily AUs - is there any specific order you're following with them or do you just write them as the ideas come?

2. I saw you say somewhere (I was modding, not stalking, honest!), that you have 20 chapters of PfK written/planned. How many more do you think there will be?

3. How are you so good at planning things? Like, how do you plan? Teach me your ways! :p

4. Is there an era you'd never write about? Any character? Why/why not?

5. Any potential new stories in the works?

6. Tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?

7. Playing for Keeps... so you know I love this story, and I love your interpretation of Fred. Was it obvious to you that he would be so devious and manipulative and scheming?

Bonus question 8. How are your NaNo preparations going? ;)

I will be reviewing PfK soon, I promise - it's on my list! :happy:

Aph xx :hug:

staff%20sig%20hc2015_zpsm3u56jfn.png

Set by Alishya/Lady Asphodel

Stories || MTA || Donate

Currently writing: Gloria

The Romanticism Challenge

#9 UnluckyStar57

UnluckyStar57

UnluckyTanya57

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:10 PM

Hi Laura!  Finally getting around to answering these. :)  Really, I'm glad that you came by to ask me questions at all. :D

1.  The Jily AUs are written in a specific order.  There was a Jily Valentine's Week on Tumblr, and each day leading up to Valentine's Day was a different AU--so that's why coffeshop, bookstore, etc. was written in that order.  The last one, my 1920s AU, was a "write whatever kind of AU you want" day.  To be honest, I'm basically finished with all of them, but I would love to expand some of them eventually.

2.  Haha, stalk away! :D  Playing for Keeps is troublesome because at the time I wrote that, I had about 20 chapters, but now I've got around 34 with basic (read: extremely basic) outlines.  And each chapter keeps getting longer, so I keep turning one chapter into two... It's getting out of hand, to be honest!  Right now, I'm working on Chapter Nineteen, which was originally Chapter Seventeen...

3.  Lolol, me?  Good at planning?  Certainly not. :)  I outlined those chapters for NaNo so that I would have some kind of idea, but there's really no telling if I'll actually follow it.  I keep switching the events around to even things out, and I feel like there's way too much interaction between James and Annie and not enough detail about whatever's going on with Freddy & the gang (spoilers!).  I really didn't think the whole Freddy thing through (you'll have to find out when you read the newer chapters--I don't want to ruin too much for you!), so I'm having to make up stuff left and right to reconcile it in my head.  It's a massive trainwreck.  Tldr: I'm actually terrible at planning and you should find someone else for advice.  But thank you!

4.  I would probably never write about Hogwarts era.  Trying to write in "missing moments" or changing around canon just doesn't appeal to me that much, although I've read a lot of stories that did that and were good.  I just couldn't do it.  I would not want to write the Golden Trio for sure, because that's just too difficult for me to fathom.  Although who knows?  They might have a cameo in PfK if things work out...

5.  I'm wrestling with PfK right now, but I would love to continue my Jily Road Trip AU chapter, perhaps turning it into a short story or novella.  Other than that, I have this insane longing to write a Dudley Dursley/Marietta Edgecombe office romance, based on a Tumblr headcanon about them falling in love because they know how it feels to be on the receiving end of hexes and such.  I don't know if I'm up for writing a romance, though--it just isn't what I do, you know?  I also have dreams of continuing one of my one-shots, The Willow Tree, which is about Hugo Weasley.  And I'm determined to write about the Hogwarts Orchestra, which is something that would allow me to wax lyrical about classical music. :)  But I haven't actually written any of this down, so it's still up in the air.

6.  ALL OF THEM.  I love tea, especially this pomegranate green tea that I have, and coffee is really good as long as it has lots of cream and sugar in it.  Hot chocolate is delicious because I love chocolate.  So yeah,  all of the above.

7.  It always makes me so happy to know that you love PfK. :hug:  When I made Freddy up, I wanted him to be a con man with a scheming mind.  I expected him to be slightly sexist and underhanded, and fairly gross, too.  But I didn't expect him to be into musicals/theatre, and I certainly didn't expect him to be into dressing in drag.  He's a pretty zany character, but he's so fun to write. :D

8.  My NaNo plans on 30 March were pretty much "Write PfK.  Write business proposal.  Write essay.  Write reviews."  And that's pretty much what I've done, surprisingly enough!  If I could only get this essay finished (I have two pages right now and I need four more before Thursday), I would have the rest of the month to focus on PfK.  But alas, procrastination is a real enemy!

Thank you so much for the lovely questions, Laura!

#10 Rhaenyra

Rhaenyra

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:33 PM

Hi! :)

I was impressed by how many different ideas you managed to come up with for Multiverse Theory.  After reading your answers above, I have one remaining question for you about that collection: if you were to expand one of the chapters into a longer Muggle AU, which one would you choose?

My other questions are about Lavender/Parvati.  Two of your recent one-shots are about them.  What made you into a Lav/Parv shipper?  And do you plan on writing more?

HPFF || MTA || Request || Marauder Headcanon [links 12+]

katwithlove%20HC%20S_zpshibiyk1q.gif

sig & icon: Gryffindor's katwithlove

#11 UnluckyStar57

UnluckyStar57

UnluckyTanya57

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:04 PM

Hi!  Thanks so much for your questions! :)

If I had to pick just one of my Multiverse AUs to expand, I would definitely pick the Fake Dating one.  There are sooo many possibilities for that, and I love the fake dating trope to death.  I think it would be fun to continue if I ever find the time/inspiration! 

That's a good question!  I can't actually remember the exact moment when it clicked and I realized how much I love that ship, but it was around the time that I started shipping Dean/Seamus pretty hard as well.  (This was pretty recent, maybe mid-February-March?)  Lavender and Parvati seemed to fall into place for me in parallel to Deamus because of their similarities--they're Hogwarts friends, they get separated from each other (for Lav/Parv, I consider the separation to happen in the Battle when Lav gets attacked by Fenrir Greyback), and although they have been friends/maybe-a-little-more-than-that for a long time, they realize how much they really love each other.  The one-shots you're referring to came about because I took Astronomy 101 this past semester, and my mind was teeming with a bunch of space metaphors that I was dying to write down.  The general direction the words were taking me was to Angst City, so I figured that I would need a pairing with a good deal of strife involved.  Hence, Parvender became the pairing I wrote about, and once I wrote about them, I shipped them more than ever.

Right now, I have no plans to write more about them, but I would love to if I can come up with something.  In my WIP novel, Dean/Seamus are the adoptive parents of one of my criminal OCs, and I think it would be cool to get Lavender/Parvati involved somehow.  (But they probably wouldn't have a kid in the criminal organization.  That might be overkill.)

Thanks again for your questions! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users