Photo

RandomwriterGetting to know the author in me!

Mett the author randomwriter

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 randomhpffwriter

randomhpffwriter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Hello and welcome to my MTA page!   :signwelcomespin:  

This is a great place to talk and get to know me, so if you have anything that you'd like to ask me, don't worry! 

This is  just the place for you!

I was introduced to fanfiction by a fellow Potterhead, and I've never looked back since then. I've been reading fanfic for a few years now, but I've only gotten around to writing recently. And it feels great!   :D   

I loove getting feedback and interacting with my readers. So, you can count on the fact that I'll be real friendly. And I have cookies. What's not to like?  :D

Sooo, don't hesitate. Ask me things. PM me. Whatever you wish   :)

I have a few stories on the archives and you can find them here (15+-M).

I have three WIP novels (yeah, I know... Too much) and a few short stories and one-shots. 
I love a lot of characters, but the ones I really like to read and write about, as I've recently discovered, are the ones who we don't know much about from the books. So minor characters, NextGen and to a great extent, Mrauders!  :)

So, that's about it. Ask away!  :happy:

Edited by stargazer, 31 October 2013 - 06:44 PM.

29vhx1y.png

mockingjay (YESS!!) over at TDA made me this amazing set ^_^
Once More We Fight (M) My Stories (15+-M)  Ask me Questions! (12+)

#2 WitnesstoitAll

WitnesstoitAll

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 835 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

Hello!!  Welcome to HPFF!  I figured I'd slide on over and be the first post here, so here are a few questions for you:

1.) What's your favorite genre to read outside of fanfiction?

2.) What was the last book you read?

3.) What's your favorite era and genre to read on HPFF?

3.) Favorite HP character from canon?

4.) Favorite HP character in a fanfic?

5.) What are you working on writing currently?

6.) If you could only eat one thing for the rest of the year, what would it be?

7.) Winter or summer?

8.) Tea or coffee?

9.) Scorpius Malfoy, hot or not?

10.) Albus Potter -- what house did he end up in?

With All Things (M)

"and somewhere in the mix of it all, lives a love story"

Posted Image

Signature and Icon by justonemorefic <3

#3 randomhpffwriter

randomhpffwriter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

Helloo :)

I'm so happy you have some questions for me ^_^

1.) What's your favorite genre to read outside of fanfiction?

Okay, so I like romance and adventure. But I really really love thriller and fiction. Absolutely LOVE them. Give me a fast-paced book, and I'll love it for sure :)

2.) What was the last book you read?

The last book I read was 'The Fountainhead' by Ayn Rand. It's brilliant :)

3.) What's your favorite era and genre to read on HPFF?

I like to read fiction based on the Maurauder and Next Gen eras. I'm not very particular about genre, but I do enjoy mystery, romance, horror/dark, adventure, fluff, drama and humour... If that narrows it down :p Lol.

3.) Favorite HP character from canon?

I love Sirius, the golden trio, Lupin, Tonks... Gah. the list goes on, really. On and on and on :p

4.) Favorite HP character in a fanfic?

In fanfic? If you're talking about specifics, I love both Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy from the Delicate series  :)

5.) What are you working on writing currently?

I'm writing three stories at the moment.

1) Knew It All Along- Rose/Scorpius, Romance, humour, drama. Next Gen.

2) The Second Uprising- Rose/Scorpius, Drama, Dark/Horror, Romance. Next Gen.

3) Deal Al- Lily James/ Lily Snape, Drama, Romance, Angst. Next Gen AND Marauders.

6.) If you could only eat one thing for the rest of the year, what would it be?

Wrong question. I love food. I'd probably go the Italian way though :D

7.) Winter or summer?

Summer, mostly. But winters good too :)

8.) Tea or coffee?

I'm Indian. We do both. I drink coffee everyday, but I have tea pretty often too :)

9.) Scorpius Malfoy, hot or not?

Definitely HOT. Very very HOT ;)

10.) Albus Potter -- what house did he end up in?

Slytherin or Gryffindor. I've written him as a Slytherin though.

Thanks ^_^ Anything else? Just ask!

Edited by randomhpffwriter, 20 June 2013 - 01:04 PM.

29vhx1y.png

#4 nott theodore

nott theodore

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 432 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

Hi dear!  I decided to pop along with some questions for you:

1. I loved your one-shot Myrtle.  What was your favourite thing about writing it?  

2. Out of the stories you've written so far, which has been your favourite to write?

3. What qualities make you a Gryffindor?

4. Where's your favourite place to write?

5. How much planning do you do before writing your stories?

6. If you could meet one person from the HP books, who would it be and why?

7. If you could meet one of the HP cast, who would it be and why?

And that's all for now!  I look forward to reading your answers! :D

25yyfjl.png

Icon and signature by Violet@TDA

My stories [12+] My MTA [12+]

#5 randomhpffwriter

randomhpffwriter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

Sian!  :hug: 
I'm so happy you decided to drop by!

Okay, now for some answers!

1) Myrtle is very different from the kind of stories I usually choose to write. I loved that it pulled me out of my comfort zone and challenged me. I also never thought that I'd write a story with minimal dialogue. But it was a great opportunity as it gave me a good chance to focus on descriptions.

I'm glad you loved it :) I loved your review on it, btw. :p

2) I've enjoyed writing all my stories. But if I HAD to pick, it would be the NextGen stories, especially 'Knew It All Along', 'Makes Me Wonder' and 'Victoire Weasley's Cooking Capers'. The last one was especially fun because it was my first parody and I tried to make it ridiculous and funny. 'Twas fun :)

3) I'm not afraid to speak my mind and be who I am. I can be quite brave, and I'm definitely no stickler for rules (they're meant to be broken :p ). I also LOVE adventure and mystery!

4) I love to sit on bed bed and snuggle in while writing. But I can write pretty much anywhere. I also like to write when I'm outdoors, enjoying a lazy day with not much to do 

5) That would depend on the story, really. For multi-chap fics, I usually have a rough story line in mind. I keep building on it. But I leave the specifics and write them out as I'm writing chapters. They aren't always completely planned. I do write spontaneously. Especially the one-shots. A lot of times, I sit down and write whatever comes to my mind and finish the one-shot in a sitting, if I'm in the mood 

6) Oh wow. Just ONE!? :( I'd probably love to meet any Next Gen character. But if we're strictly talking about the books, it's have to be... Sirius, I think. He's just SO cool and I never got over his death!

7) Hmm... Tom Felton? ;) we all know why.

Or maybe Emma Watson because she's a huge inspiration and an overall beautiful person. AND HAVE YOU SEEN HER BROTHER?! :tanya:  Lol!

I really like Emma.

Thank you so much for cheering me up with these questions! :)

Edited by randomhpffwriter, 26 August 2013 - 01:34 PM.

29vhx1y.png

#6 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

Hello~ I have some questions up my sleeve as well!

1. What's your One True Pair in the HP World?

2. Your favourite real life couple? (your parents, celebs etc.)

3. What's one thing you really want to write, but just don't have enough time?

4. What's one place you would love to visit?

5. Butterbeer, pumpkin juice, Madam Rosmerta's Oak Matured Mead, or Firewhiskey?

6. Your next update of Knew It All Along?

haha... I'm totally not stalking your AP for the update...hehe...

6.(the actual question six) Makes Me Wonder=GENIUS. HOW? What was your inspiration for it?

7. Lily/Scorpius or basically, Scorpius pairings that aren't Rose. Thoughts?

That's it for now, I can't wait to read your answers! :)

ieJcLLA.png  wPsOfwQ.png  hrxnCfh.png

icons by bloodstream7@lj

I write stuff sometimes. {15+ to M}      

For you, a thousand times over.[12+]

#7 randomhpffwriter

randomhpffwriter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Nadia! What a lovely surprise!

1) Well, if you haven't guessed already, it's Rose/Scorpius :D I also really REALLY love James/Lily! I just love reading ScoRose stroies. Many people say that these stories are just full of cliches. But I beg to differ. I think I've read many MANY different kinds of ScoRose. Yes, the most popular ones are cliched, I guess. But isn't a nice fluffy romance everyone's guilty pleasure? ;) As for Jily, they are simply timeless! A perfect annoyance to love kinda thing.

2) I have faaar too many! Many couples around me, really! I love people who can hold down a long-term relationship. It's a lovely feeling, knowing that there is someone for everyone! :) (Forgive the cheese!!)

3) I have written half a chapter of this story titled 'Five ways to love Scorpius Malfoy'. Just half a chapter. But I really have no time to carry it forward. I would love to get that going sometime!

4) I'm a travelbug! I have traveled a lot, but I would love to spend a couple of weeks in Italy, I guess. Honestly, give me a ticket to any place and I'll be off. If I could, I would go everywhere! :D

5) Oooh, that's a great question :p I guess it would depend on the occasion and company.I would love to have a taste of each one of them! :) I hear they have those at Harry Potter World in Orlando. MUST.GO.THERE.

6) Well, I have chapter 4 written, and waiting to be edited because I don't like it. You flatter me SO much! Hehe... well.. You can't blame me :D

REALLY? *blushes*

Well, I was in the mood to write something fluffy and funny, in a subtle way. I also wanted to write from Scorpius' point of view. And suddenly the idea struck me. It was seemed very casual and plausible. Even in real life, kind of. So I thought it would be fun to write about it! I got to work immediately before I lost the inspiration, and finished it very quickly. I had so much fun writing that one! :D

7) NO WAY. :p Haha, I'm a big ScoRose shipper all the way! And anything else seems weird. Not to say I won't read it, but I will be heavily biased, I guess. I love ScoRose way too much!

Well, thanks for the questions Nadia! You're amazing  :hug:

Edited by randomhpffwriter, 30 August 2013 - 04:34 PM.

29vhx1y.png

#8 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

I'm baaaaaaack!!!

1. So, where did you get the idea for Once More We Fight? It's really unique!

2. HOW are your descriptions sooooo good in OMWF?

3. Would you ever give non canon pairings a try? (because omg I know I don't like dramione a whole lot anymore but I still know some super awesome ones and want to make you obsessed for a period of time on them alsoooo)

hehe  :popcorn:

icons by bloodstream7@lj

#9 randomhpffwriter

randomhpffwriter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

Hiya Nadia! :D
(Just because it rhymes!)

1. So, where did you get the idea for Once More We Fight? It's really unique!

Well, long story short- Violet Hill, by Coldplay. There's a Coldplay song lyric challenge on the forums and I just love Coldplay. I decided to take part and was given a set of lyrics from Violet Hill. I was already in love with that song before the challenge, but now, it's just such an obsession. I realised that there was a lot of scope to the story and built up on a few ideas and decided to write a novel/novella. I've also wanted to write something of the dark/mystery genre, so this worked well for that. I'm glad you think it's different!

2. HOW are your descriptions sooooo good in OMWF?

Gee, thanks! :p When I write stuff that isn't fanfiction, I'm usually very descriptive. I like both dialogue and description and choose the style depending on the story. For example, I chose to be more descriptive even in Myrtle, because I felt that it would suit the story better. In OMWF, I decided to go with the flow and write whatever I could visualize, just how I could visualize it. I wanted it to be vivid, so I just wrote down every detail I could. I guess that's it.  Also, having read a lot more work than when I first joined the site, I've been exposed to some quality descriptive writing   :)

3. Would you ever give non canon pairings a try? (because omg I know I don't like dramione a whole lot anymore but I still know some super awesome ones and want to make you obsessed for a period of time on them alsoooo)

Hahaha :rotflol: you're evil, you know? Well, as for now, Neville/Luna is as far as I'm willing to deviate from canon, and that doesn't even happen much. Canon is sacred, for me :p  If I ever give other non-canon pairings a go, I'll let you know, but don't hold on to hope :p Also, Dramione is probably something that's so much more non-canon than other non-canon pairings. So...umm... may never happen. But I'll tell you if it does, so you scream, "Oh my god! it's a miracle." :p And then you can give me stuff to read.

But yeah, I don't see it happening.

Thanks for stopping by, Nadiaaaa :hug:

29vhx1y.png

#10 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

Bonjour Adi! (I said that in a french accent and it sounded so cool just saying.)

1. What are some cliches you try to avoid while writing Next Gen?

2. REBEL WITH ME.  Any chance you're rebelling this year for NaNo? ;)

Okay, deep question time:

3. How do you feel about Next Gen stories that obviously rely on the freedom and uncertainty the era provides? What I'm saying is, what are your thoughts on the children going off to a music school, or a guidance counselor at Hogwarts? Do you think those stories are okay, or are they far too unreal for you to read?

4. How about teen pregnancy stories?

5. What are some of your head canons?

icons by bloodstream7@lj

#11 nott theodore

nott theodore

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

Hello lovely!  So since I've just adopted you, I thought I'd pop by with some MTA questions for encouragement (never let it be said I show favouritism :p)!

1. Have you learnt anything that's surprised you since you've been writing FF?

2. What's your favourite writing music?

3. If you could have written any of the stories on the archives, which would it be?

4. What's your biggest bugbear when you read a story on the archives?

Happy writing! :hug:

25yyfjl.png

Icon and signature by Violet@TDA

My stories [12+] My MTA [12+]

#12 Laurenzo7321

Laurenzo7321

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

Hi Adi :) I thought it was about time I came and asked some questions!

1) I know you've said you don't always plan stories too much - have you found it difficult to plan Once More We Fight? Would you now plan more of your stories?

2) What stories do you avoid on the forums?

3) Who is your OTP?

4) What's your favourite bit about the HP films?

5) If you could change one bit about the HP universe what would it be and why?

6) Which of the stories you've written have you found the easiest and which have you found the hardest?

Posted Image

Beautiful Signature Set by my Elenia@TDA!

| My Authors Page (M) | My MTA Page (12+) | My Review Thread (12+) |

#13 Laurenzo7321

Laurenzo7321

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 271 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

Hello! I''m here with messages from your Secret Santa!

What inspired Dear Al?

Do you have any favorite fanfiction (on the site)?

Which character would you never write about?

Posted Image

Beautiful Signature Set by my Elenia@TDA!

| My Authors Page (M) | My MTA Page (12+) | My Review Thread (12+) |

#14 Lululuna

Lululuna

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 538 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

Hi Adi! :) How are you? I've missed you!! <3 Here are a few questions for you. 

1. So, your one-shot Myrtle took my breath away. How did it feel to write such a serious and heartbreaking story? What drew you to write about Myrtle?

2. Do you have one story or character that you've written which is your absolute love? Which one and why?

3. A few of your stories feature Rose/Scorpius. What draws you to this pairing, and do you think their parents would be able to overcome their prejudices for their children's love?

4. Do you picture Rose taking after Ron or Hermione, or perhaps a mix of the two?

5. What was it like writing a parody in 'Victoire Weasley's Cooking Capers'? (I confess to reading the story but not having time to review...  :shy: ). Have you ever considered writing another Victoire/Teddy story?

6. Do you have any exciting plans for new stories in the future? 

7. What is your favourite genre to write, and your favourite genre to read? 

:D <3

Camp NaNo: 57,588/60,000. Coming Soon: Sevenfold, a murder mystery.

sevenfoldsig_zps6fec6171.png

Author Page [M]||Amazing set by catharsis at TDA.

#15 Penelope Inkwell

Penelope Inkwell

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:03 AM

Hello hello!  A few questions, here!

1)  Who is your favorite HP character to write?  Why do you like them, in particular?

2)  If you were to choose any time and place to set a Next-Gen story, only it couldn’t be the UK and it couldn’t be...when it actually is, what would it be?

3)  Favorite color?  Food?  HP book?

4)  If the worst were to happen, and your computer/site crashed, and you only had time to back up one of your stories before they would all disappear, which would you choose?  (And then, a year in the future, restorative technology would bring it all back, of course.  Writing a sad ending to a story is one thing, but even a hypothetical situation where someone loses years of hard work?  Heaven forbid!)

5)  What’s one interesting MTA-type question that you’ve never been asked?  What’s the answer?

--Penny

Edited by Penelope Inkwell, 03 March 2014 - 12:10 AM.

yjIphbe.png

(Traitorous Hearts)15+

Lovely signature image by Modthryth@TDA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users