Hello unwritten_curse! I'll start with your questions
1. Out of all of your stories, which was the favorite to write? Also, which one are you most proud of?
*Masks is by far my most favorite to write. But so far I'd have to say I am the most proud of Gone just because it was so different from all my other stuff.
2. I see that you write a lot of your stories in response to challenges here on the forums. What about the challenges is so appealing to you? Do you struggle with the time limits? What have you learned through completing challenges (about yourself as a writer, writing in general, etc.)?
*I enjoy the challenge and friendly competition with a writing challenge. I usually think it all out through before I sign up for one and just write it in one go. Otherwise I forget and miss the deadline. I have found I do not write well under pressure or when I am emotional about a subject because then I hold back while writing.
3. What was your experience writing Song Fics? I have found that Song Fics are a relatively ignored style. Why do they appeal to you? Do you think they are underrated?
* I have no real experience with them and surprisingly I don't scavenge for a good songfic to read. I actually base a lot of what I write by how I feel about things- and song lyrics are very powerful. I mean I think songfics are very underrated in a way and I need to read them more often myself honestly.
4. If you were to write something entirely out of your comfort zone, what would it be (genre, era, character, etc.)? Do you have a comfort zone?
*I think I don't really have a comfort zone per say but founders would probably be a challenge to write. I guess it gets the most uncomfortable when I write without inspiration.
And of course here is for potterfan310:
1) Your story 'James Potter and The Quidditch Case' is not the usual genre (mystery) I see, what made you want/inspire you to write this sort of story?
*This story actually came into my head when I found out MargaretLane was making a mystery challenge and someone turned the offer down. It just was too perfect to pass up
2) 'The Broken Butterfly' is a home hitting, heartfelt story, Your take on the Butterfly is very nice, was there anything in particular that inspired you to write this story?
*I was actually going through a hard time and so was my friend. So she recommended I try the butterfly challenge and name it after someone I cared most about... (But that was a RL side note) I also was ranting to my friend about how much I dislike Cho when I saw the challenge by brokenbutterfly, and cho means butterfly oddly enough...
3) What made you decide to write Blaise in 'Gone'? as it's rather unusual (but nice) to see him have a child.
*my friend and I created him as a sensitive head cannon. And the first story I wrote was with him and a girl named Charlotte. Something happened to where it ended up being taken off the site and though it is an easy fix I am just not up to fixing 10 chapters of work... And also another RL note is my friend (same girl mentioned above) told me I will marry said cannon some day.... Then I found out my physics teacher is also named Blaise and the idea shot my OTP down like a fighter-jet... So it was also a goodbye to the ship until I no longer have the teacher because it freaks me out...