6 replies to this topic

#1 luvinpadfoot

luvinpadfoot

Second Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hey all! I'm luvinpadfoot on both here and the archives and I've got a fair few stories posted on the archives (so many WIPs... I plan to get on that this summer).

Anyways, I'm currently a college student majoring in English/Creative Writing.

The stories I'm working on right now are In Her Absence which has been about a year in the making (started it a year ago last week!) and a new story that will be posted soon titled Moonlit Sonata.

Old completed stories include Smeared Lip Gloss and Pretty Lies, Inferior, and Less Than Friends, among others.

Those stories and the rest of mine can be found through the link in my signature!

And I enjoy answering any and all questions so feel free to ask! :)

My Stories (12+ to M) MTA (12+)

#2 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:53 AM

Hey! You left a review on my story Her Only Choice... so then I went on your page and clicked on Fake. IT WAS AWESOMEEEEE (like i've stated in my review) GO.WRITE.A.SEQUEL.

- Nadia (who will also stalk this as well as your author's page until you make a sequel MWUAHAHAHAHAH)

standing in the way of the light by patronus_charm [M] and

Avalanche by maraudertimes [M] are great stories!

qt1OS5l.gif

:Gryffindor: ^Elenia is a Graphics Goddess^ :Gryffindor:

this stuff i've written. [15+] whoa, questions. [12+] erm, a gallery [15+]

#3 luvinpadfoot

luvinpadfoot

Second Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:18 AM

Aw thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I can uh consider making a sequel for it, I guess. If you really liked it that much haha. Busy with my two novels at the moment, but if I finish one of them I promise I'll give Fake a second look.

#4 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

Hello! Back again with some ACTUAL questions... haha...

1. What's your OTP? Canon and Non canon?
2. Is there a character in HP that you don't necessarily hate, but just never really liked?
3. What's your writing style like?
4. Your favourite emoticon on the forums?
5. Your favourite era to read and write?
6. What makes you a Slytherin?

That's all for now! Have fun answering, and I can't wait to come back and read your answers!

standing in the way of the light by patronus_charm [M] and

Avalanche by maraudertimes [M] are great stories!

qt1OS5l.gif

:Gryffindor: ^Elenia is a Graphics Goddess^ :Gryffindor:

this stuff i've written. [15+] whoa, questions. [12+] erm, a gallery [15+]

#5 luvinpadfoot

luvinpadfoot

Second Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

Hello! Back again with some ACTUAL questions... haha...

1. What's your OTP? Canon and Non canon?
2. Is there a character in HP that you don't necessarily hate, but just never really liked?
3. What's your writing style like?
4. Your favourite emoticon on the forums?
5. Your favourite era to read and write?
6. What makes you a Slytherin?

That's all for now! Have fun answering, and I can't wait to come back and read your answers!

Yay! I like questions! :D

1. OTP is hard for me because I don't really have one. It depends on the story and I can read almost any pairing depending on how it's written. For some of my favorite pairings, non-canon I'd have to say Lily/Snape. They can be written really well, even if all their stories are so sad. Canon might be James/Lily (yeah, I know; little bit weird there).

2. You ask all the hard questions! But I always thought Percy was annoying. I never really hated him, but he was just an annoying guy and even the bit at the end of DH didn't make me like him. Fanfiction does sometimes, depending on the story. He can be written really well. Just not in the books/movies. Also Firenze. No real reason for that one, he just kind of bugged me whenever he showed up, even though he was one of the good guys. Good centaurs, I guess I should say.

3. Wow, I don't even know how to answer that one. My writing style? I'm uh very character driven. So my stories have a tendency to move slowly and forget that there's a plot sometimes. But the characters can be pretty decent. Um I dunno what else to say. That's a hard question.

4.  :whoops:

5. I like Marauders and Next Gen. I think it's because you can get so many plots out of those eras and you have so much freedom with whatever you want to write. We know the characters a little, but not so much that you're quite as locked in as you are with the trio and their personalities. Not that I haven't dabbled in pretty much everything.

6. Well, I'm a Slytherin in that I'm not brave, nice, or smart enough to be in any of the other Houses. But I also look out for myself and I'd say I'm cunning, if not so much ambitious. I've got the self preservation, determination, and cleverness, I think. There's this quote online that pretty much sums up my thoughts on being in Slytherin, don't remember where I saw it though: If you get into a fight with a Gryffindor, they will get the most satisfaction from slamming the door behind them as they leave. A Slytherin will get the most satisfaction leaving it open and knowing they made you get up to close it.

Questions were fun! Thanks so much for leaving them! :)

#6 toomanycurls

toomanycurls

New Blood in the Queue

• Validator
  • 504 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

Hi!! Just stopping by to ask you some questions.  :bye:

1. Your handle is luvinpadfoot yet you're in Slytherin and have Snape as your icon picture. :huh: How does that work?

2. When you write, how do you work past a difficult scene or a character you're unsure of how to write?

3. What aspect of writing FF is the more enjoyable?

4. I find that ideas beget ideas - how do you deal with the avalanche of plot bunnies when they keep coming up? 

.:Rose:.

sXRIrly.gif

House Cup set by emmaweasley and patronus_charm | Author Page | MTA  (12+)

#7 luvinpadfoot

luvinpadfoot

Second Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

Hi!! Just stopping by to ask you some questions.  :bye:

1. Your handle is luvinpadfoot yet you're in Slytherin and have Snape as your icon picture. :huh: How does that work?

2. When you write, how do you work past a difficult scene or a character you're unsure of how to write?

3. What aspect of writing FF is the more enjoyable?

4. I find that ideas beget ideas - how do you deal with the avalanche of plot bunnies when they keep coming up? 

More questions! This is all very exciting. :D

1. Snape and Sirius are my two favorite characters. Sirius was my favorite instantly, right from PoA. Snape came a bit later (after I made my username) because I'm a huge Alan Rickman fan, then DH made him even better. He's a really strong character, especially when you go through and read the books a second time knowing what you learn in DH. It kind of puts all his actions in perspective. I like having my username and avatar kind of honor my two favorite characters. They're a bit similar, both darker characters still living in the past with tragic back stories. They're both estranged from their families. I honestly don't think I could choose between them if I had to. And Slytherin is just where I fit in. Don't have to share a House with characters for them to be my favorite!

2. Hmm difficult scenes and characters. Well I start with a healthy dose of procrastination. And then once I'm through with that I turn to spastically flailing at the computer screen. Those are both very important steps. Then I start the actual writing. When I'm having a tough time with a scene or a character, I'll do it slowly. Much slower than usual. There's a lot of staring at the screen and occasional sentences followed by backspacing, but generally I get a fair amount done and after a while I get into a rhythm and it starts coming easier.

More specifically and probably helpfully, when it's a character I'm having trouble with, often it helps to figure out why I'm having trouble with them. Usually it's because there are gaps in their history or I'm overlooking the reason for their behavior. I have trouble writing anyone without them having a reason, even if it's not mentioned in the story. Say, for example, a character is being bullied and I'm having difficulty writing the bully. It might be because I don't know why that character is being a bully. There are always reasons, no matter how small. Maybe they're spoiled or insecure or have a tough home life or are jealous. It matters even if it's never mentioned in the story and that character is only in one scene. It gives them purpose, a specificity to their words.

When it's a scene, I do a little more research. Figure what specifically is giving me trouble. I look up details and figure out tiny things that may help, no matter how seemingly pointless. I also try to think about the big things, where that scene is going and what led up to it. Often when things are difficult it helps to do a little more planning and figure out what is going on or being said before you actually start writing. That was probably all a little long winded, but you asked and this is what college does. You learn to talk on and on forever. ;)

3. I think having a set world and a timeline and characters that already have some personality attributed to them, but are also open for more interpretation. It's like some of the planning is already there for you and world is just so fascinating and there's so much you can do with it! You can even change things you didn't like in the books or give characters that met depressing ends a happier life. Or even sadder if you're a horrible, terrible person like me.

4. I generally try to stick with one or two main ones, but when I'm getting more it always helps to write them down. Sometimes just the idea, but sometimes I do a bit of writing on it. A few pages, a thousand words or so, something along those lines. It gets the initial burst of creativity out of my head and I can usually tell when I'm writing that I'm not ready to stick with it and can better keep with the stories I'm working on then.

Thank you for the questions! They're so much fun to answer. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users