#1 Josette_Phoenix

Josette_Phoenix

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

Hi there :)

Anything you have to say, say it!! (please)

I'll answer anything you ask, like a flibbertigibbet on veritaserum ;)

Jo, xo

#2 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

Hello! Your MTA looked lonely so I thought that maybe I should dust the cobwebs on here :)

1.What's your favourite ship, canon and noncanon?

2. Do you have any favourite authors on the archives? Who are they?

3. What makes you a Ravenclaw?

4. What genre do you like to write most? Is there one you would be horrified to write?

5. Do you think you are a master-of-some-sorts in cooking a particular dish?

ieJcLLA.png  wPsOfwQ.png  hrxnCfh.png

icons by bloodstream7@lj

I write stuff sometimes. {15+ to M}      

For you, a thousand times over.[12+]

#3 HeyMrsPotter

HeyMrsPotter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

Hi Jo!

After reading some more of your work today I decided to swing by and ask you some questions :)

1. I have to know, how on earth do you manage to come up with such original characters?

2. Your stories always seem so well thought out, like there's a lot that goes on in the background that isn't necassarily in the story if that makes sense, do you plan each story/chapter/sentence in a lot of detail?

3. What's your writing process like? Do you hand write and then type? Do you plan and then write?

4. You seem to have an amazing ability to write your own characters, is this your preference or is there another reason?

5. Do you have a favourite genre/ship you like to read on HPFF or do you use the forums mainly just for writing?

Looking forward to your answers!

ofa5bc.png

Banner and profile image by maskedmuggle@HPFF
Author Page (M) Meet The Author (12+)

#4 Josette_Phoenix

Josette_Phoenix

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:57 AM

Hi MissesWeasley123, sorry I haven't got back to you, I only just realised that I have a Meet the Author Page - goes to show how much I use it haha. Thanks for stopping by!!!

1.What's your favourite ship, canon and noncanon? Ooh, that's a hard one ... I don't usually like to stray far from what JKR has already put down, but there are just so many Dramione stories out there and it's really interesting to sift through them to find the gems. Honestly, I'm so sorry - I actually haven't got a concrete answer for you!! I'll read anything as long as it's a good story! Canon, non-canon, it doesn't bother me!

2. Do you have any favourite authors on the archives? Who are they? I haven't been on HPFF for long, but so far I've found that teh tarik is absolutely wonderful. teh tarik has a vivid, original and slightly eccentric (if I may say so) descriptive voice, and the way they write is simply beautiful!!

3. What makes you a Ravenclaw? Don't get me started on houses haha. I guess the main reason I'm in Ravenclaw is because I'm the biggest fence-sitter in the universe - the eagles tend to mostly stay out of all the feuding in all the books. But I'm Ravenclaw on Pottermore as well. I'm a book-worm and love learning, so I guess I'm a good fit! 

4. What genre do you like to write most? Is there one you would be horrified to write? I like writing drama and adventure mostly, or horror, or even romance if it isn't sappy ... and when my brain is in the mood I dabble in humour, although I'm really not cut out for humour in general - if my stories are a little funny it's only incidentally! There is nothing I would be horrified to write - I'll try anything!!

5. Do you think you are a master-of-some-sorts in cooking a particular dish? Hmmm, good question ;) I have to say I make a MEAN ratatouille!! 

Thank you thank you for dusting out these cobwebs - much appreciated! Xo

HeyMrsPotter!! Thank you for stopping by!!!

1. I have to know, how on earth do you manage to come up with such original characters? I have to say that my characters come before my stories. Once I've got a tiny spark in my head it just sort of grows into this web of characters and backgrounds and personalities ... I've always got this one theme in my mind - unity, peace, brotherhood - and so the characters sort of slip into that theme and voila! a story is born. Then as the story sort of grows the characters develop even more ... if that makes sense haha

2. Your stories always seem so well thought out, like there's a lot that goes on in the background that isn't necassarily in the story if that makes sense, do you plan each story/chapter/sentence in a lot of detail? I've made my own little world within JKR's world. It's set after all her main characters are old and not really in the picture. Yes, there is HEAPS going on in the background that isn't on paper yet. All the stories I've put up are linked! Hopefully in like a billion years time it'll all be on paper! I don't plan in detail - the characters are already set in concrete so that aspect of my stories I don't have to plan much. I make a story outline, then fill in the gaps as I go - I'm sort of an improviser most of the time, but I've always got this one main theme that keeps my stories going, and as long as I've got that vague story outline I'm golden.

3. What's your writing process like? Do you hand write and then type? Do you plan and then write? There's definitely a vague planning process before I set pen to paper - sometimes it's handwritten, sometimes not - depends where I am and if I have computer access or not. Like I've said - I'm a big improviser, but all my stories are linked together and they always have a vague outline before I start. Sometimes, though, the story sort of just pours out of me, no planning required! Just last night a wrote a short story in like half an hour for this challenge I entered. I was in the middle of planning it out and everything but then I just started writing and BAM! there it was ... It all just depends on what my brain feels like at the time - I can hardly tell what's going to happen whenever I sit down to write.

4. You seem to have an amazing ability to write your own characters, is this your preference or is there another reason? Yes, it is actually my preference to write my own characters - I feel a little irked when I touch JKR's characters, like I'm filling the Holy Grail with Coca Cola or something haha. But it's fun to dabble and see how I can write her characters - I try to do them as much justice as I can.

5. Do you have a favourite genre/ship you like to read on HPFF or do you use the forums mainly just for writing? At first I was only on HPFF just for reading stories but then my sister persuaded me to put my stories up, Merlin bless her! I have no preferences for genres or ships and whatnot, as long as it's a good story!!

Thank you for the questions (and reminding me that I have a MTA - silly Jo!) and good luck again in the Luna challenge!! Xo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users