• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Laurenzo7321

Laurenzo7321

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

Hi, I'm Lauren! Welcome to my MTA thread!

I've been wanting to start one of these for a while and I've finally got around to it! Anyway, I have a few stories up on the archives so feel free to ask any questions about them or anything else (that's allowed of course) and I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

I look forward to answering your questions!

:happy:

Posted Image

Beautiful Signature Set by my Elenia@TDA!

| My Authors Page (M) | My MTA Page (12+) | My Review Thread (12+) |

#2 TenthWeasleyWriter

TenthWeasleyWriter

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:11 AM

Hello, Lauren! I thought I'd be the first to stop by with a few questions for you. :)

1. How did you first come across HPFF?

2. What is your favorite era to write?

3. Are there any canon characters you find particularly difficult to write?

4. What books and/or fan fictions are you currently reading?

5. What music, if any, do you listen to while writing?

yaHCK0O_zps34710904.png 

beautiful set by !badwolf @ TDA

hpff author's page (12+ thru m)

#3 Laurenzo7321

Laurenzo7321

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

Wow I wasn't expecting anything so soon! Thanks for stopping by :)

1. How did you first come across HPFF?

It was completely by accident when I had nothing to do before going back to uni. I was googling something Harry Potter and came across some fanfictions I think on other sites first. I then googled HP fan fiction and voila, HPFF came up. I looked at a few different fanfiction sites but this was my favourite and I eventually signed up :)

2. What is your favorite era to write?

If I'd had this question a few months ago, I would have said Marauders straight away but I've really been getting into the next gen stuff recently. I haven't wrote anything yet but I have quite a few ideas for stories I want to write!

3. Are there any canon characters you find particularly difficult to write?

Dumbledore! I tried once and he just didn't seem very Dumbledore like :/ If I read anything on the archives that's got Dumbledore in and they make a good job I'm in complete awe.

4. What books and/or fan fictions are you currently reading?

I've just started getting back into reading as I've had a lot of work on recently and if I started getting into a good book I wouldn't do the work :p The next books on my list to read though are The Fault In Our Stars and The Perks of Being a WallFlower.

5. What music, if any, do you listen to while writing?

If a story is related to a particular song I will listen it a few times before writing but generally I just have my favourites playing quitely in the background :)

Thank you so much for the awesome questions! :)

Posted Image

#4 Jchrissy

Jchrissy

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 690 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

Hi Lauren :hug:

1) The Unexpected Guest is such a moving story. What came first, the idea of writing a George dealing with the funeral, or the idea of Fred being in attendance to his own?

2) Your portrayal of Cedric in Shades of Green is so unlike any other I've read. I really enjoyed the way you gave his character more depth. Did you know you wanted to write him in a different light, or did it just happen that way?

3) I just saw you posted the last chapter to Reckless Abandonment! How was completing your first short story? In the second chapter, when we

Spoiler
was that the plan from the start?

4) I'm pretty certain Lydia was your first OC, right? Spill! How was that? What sort of tricks did you use to develop her? Did you have an idea of what she would be like, or just sort of go with it and see what happened?

Okay, I'm done interrogating you for now :). I'm so happy that you have a bit more free time and can't wait to see what you come out with next!

Posted Image

As Darkness Descends(M)

Perfect set by heartfelt. @ TDA

#5 Laurenzo7321

Laurenzo7321

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 271 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

Hi Jami! I'm so happy you've stopped by :hug:

1) The idea of Fred attending his own funeral came first. I've read a few stories where Fred's a ghost or spirit watches over his funeral and George and I loved reading them but I wanted a way to try and help George get through and actually talking to Fred seemed the best way. I know all the Weasleys would have had a hard time dealing with Freds death but I don't think anyone would have felt his lost quite like George. I like to think Fred helps him move on.

2) It just happened that way. I don't even remember how the idea started for that one. I couldn't get the idea out of my head and I just started writing and it grew from there. I loved Cedric in the books and was really gutted how little time we got with him and how little we really knew about him so I guess that's why I wanted to write about him so much.

3) Yes - I posted the last chapter but I kinda don't want to say it's complete yet. That middle chapter needs work which was confirmed by your review and is being processed as we speak - um type  :p I wasn't entirely happy when I posted it and I kind of wish I'd held off but it's being edited anyway  :) That was kind of always the plan.

Spoiler

4) Yes I believe she was :) It was good fun and a little scary! I liked trying out different things with her character until I was happy but I was constantly worried she would turn into a Mary-Sue or be unbelievable. I had an idea of what I wanted her to be like so I tried to make a kind of character bio for her before starting to write as I like to plan :p Any new decisions I made about her got put on the same document so I could always refer back to it. I've learnt some things though and I'm looking forward to trying out a new OC soon :).

Thank you so much for your great questions :) I loved answering them!! :)

Edited by Laurenzo7321, 10 May 2013 - 09:37 PM.

Posted Image

#6 nott theodore

nott theodore

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 430 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hi Lauren! I thought I'd stop by with a few questions for you :)

1. Out of the stories you've written so far, which did you find the easiest to write?  Which did you find the hardest?

2. Which do you like the most?

3. What gave you the idea for Reckless Abandonment?

4. Did you have to do a lot of planning before you wrote it?

5. What stories are you keeping up with right now?

6. What qualities make you a Gryffindor?

25yyfjl.png

Icon and signature by Violet@TDA

My stories [12+] My MTA [12+]

#7 Laurenzo7321

Laurenzo7321

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 271 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

Why thank you :D It's lovely to see you here!

1. Out of the stories you've written so far, which did you find the easiest to write? Which did you find the hardest?

Oh dear - you've started with a hard one! I think maybe The Unexpected Guest was the easiest. I knew what I wanted to do and once I got started it seemed to flow quite easy. I have read hundreds of those kinds of stories though so I was very inspired. I would probably say Reckless Abandonment was the hardest. It took me a long time to get the story to where I wanted it and I still feel like I could improve some bits.

2. Which do you like the most?

I really enjoyed writing Lily and James as I just love those two. I could write/read them all day! I think I like The Unexpected Guest the most though. It felt so good to write, and made me feel better about Fred's death.

3. What gave you the idea for Reckless Abandonment?

I wanted to write a Sirius/OC story and there was a song by Spill Canvas that had inspired me. It's actually a lot different to the story you've read though as when I started writing it though, the story didn't quite flow how I wanted it too. It ended up evolving bit by bit into Reckless Abandonment though, which funnily enough takes it's name from a different Spill Canvas song which has a few lines which remind me of Sirius :)

4. Did you have to do a lot of planning before you wrote it?

Yes and no - a lot of the planning didn't end up getting used as the story changed and developed so much. The bits that changed didn't have so much planning which is probably why I'm still not completely satisfied with it.

5. What stories are you keeping up with right now?

The amazing Before They Fall (JChrissy), Harry Potter and the Conspiracy of Blood (Cambangst), The Mysterious Case of The Twin Wands (MissMdsty), His Pack of Four (Remus) and Keep Calm and Carry On (my_voice_rising). Just a few lol :D

6. What qualities make you a Gryffindor?

Hmm - I like to think courage the most :) I try to be brave but don't always succeed :p

Thanks so much for stopping by! I loved answering these question!

Edited by Laurenzo7321, 28 June 2013 - 11:10 PM.

Posted Image

#8 nott theodore

nott theodore

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hola Lauren!  I'm here to give you some NaNo encouragement with a few questions!

1. If you could have written one of your favourite FFs, what would it be?

2. Where is your favourite place to write?

3. What's your favourite thing about belonging to HPFF?

4. Why are you so awesome? Where's your favourite place to find inspiration?

Happy writing! :cheerleader:

25yyfjl.png

#9 Laurenzo7321

Laurenzo7321

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 271 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

Aww thanks Sian :hug:

1. Do you mean if I could have written one of the FFs I love so much which would it be? Gosh - there are so many! I wish I had some of your guys brains! Um I would say possibly Jami's Before they Fall probably. I'm a Jily fan, what can I say? There are about another 10 right on it's heels though because you guys are all so very talented.
  2. Sat on my bed, PJ's on, under my slanket with music playing quietly. Bliss :wub:
  3. The people I think. Talking to you amazing people is just awesome. I feel like I've made such good friends here and I just can't believe it took me so long to join!
  4. Haha :p Um inspiration. I listen to a lot of songs that have stories or meanings behind them and it makes me start thinking about putting those characters in those situations so I guess there?

Thank you for stopping by you lovely girl! :hug:

Edited by Laurenzo7321, 03 November 2013 - 11:19 AM.

Posted Image

#10 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

Laureeeen. I don't know why I haven't stopped by here... :couch:

1. CEDRIC! Why did you choose him as your character for Shades of Green?

2. If you could cast James McAvoy as any HP character, who would it be?

3. What era isn't as interesting as the others, according to you?

4. Do you eat while you write? Anything else you need by you before you get typing?

Have fun answering lovely! :D

VeLeFiW.png  lefRyZ3.png  zHEDsgu.png

I write stuff sometimes. {15+ to M}      

For you, a thousand times over.[12+]

(The Khaled Hosseini Quote Challenge)

#11 Laurenzo7321

Laurenzo7321

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

Nadia! Thank you so so much for stopping by lovely!

1. CEDRIC! Why did you choose him as your character for Shades of Green? I don't really know. I think I had been watching the fourth film and I just hate how little time we got with Cedric - I really like him! Anyway one thing lead to another and I was writing Shades of Green. So yeah - bit of a lame back story but I guess it was because I really like Cedric :)

2. If you could cast James McAvoy as any HP character, who would it be? Funnily enough, I have an extended Weasley family tree with both names/Hogwarts house and picture saved that I did as I'm writing a next gen story! Mr McAvoy is James Potter II as all the canon characters I have used the actors/actresses that played them. Before the third film though I thought he would be an excellent Lupin!

3. What era isn't as interesting as the others, according to you? This is a hard question - it's not uninteresting, but I've never really read much Founders stories. I don't know why, they just don't appeal to me as much as others.

4. Do you eat while you write? Anything else you need by you before you get typing? Um, not all the time but if I do its generally Jaffa cakes as they're my weakness! Hmm I write best when I'm in my jimjams and snuggled under my slanket, so maybe those?

Posted Image

#12 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

200th post to you lovely! ;)

1. Why do you like Lily Luna so much?
2. Is there a certain part you're really excited to read in Rules of the Game?
3. What sort of planning did you go through for RotG?

That's all for now Lauren! :D

VeLeFiW.png  lefRyZ3.png  zHEDsgu.png

I write stuff sometimes. {15+ to M}      

For you, a thousand times over.[12+]

(The Khaled Hosseini Quote Challenge)

#13 Laurenzo7321

Laurenzo7321

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 271 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

Aww thank you for stopping by my lovely :hug: and for your 200th post eek exciting :D

1. Why do you like Lily Luna so much?

I don't really know... I've read so many next gen that's focused on James or Al or Rose and Scorp (maybe I've just missed the Lily ones?) I just wanted to see what Lily would be like. As soon as I started thinking about her so many ideas came into my head about what she would be like and so RotG was born!

2. Is there a certain part you're really excited to read in Rules of the Game?

Hehe there's a few ;) I don't want to give too much away but writing Ivy's secret will be good and Lily certainly has some things up her sleeve!

3. What sort of planning did you go through for RotG?

I've got pages and pages of planning... so many excel documents, notes on my phone, powerpoints of pictures. Yeah I've been planning for months and months :p The first few chapters are really planned out and then they get less so but I know where my characters will be at the end of the story. I started out with establishing characters... does and don'ts... what they like etc. Then I moved on to writing chapter summaries and I'm still finishing the end ones but yeah, I still have lots of planning!

Thank you so much for leaving me these lovely questions :hug:

Posted Image

#14 maraudertimes

maraudertimes

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

Hiya Lauren!

I have a few questions for you!

1. Why did you decide to join the HPFF and HPFF forums community?
2. You write mostly shorter stories. Is Rules of the Game a challenge for you?
3. Where do you draw inspiration from?
4. What would you patronus be and why?
5. What would you think of when conjuring a patronus?
6. Out of all your MCs, which is your favourite and why?
7. If you could ask J.K. Rowling one thing about the HP verse, what would it be?
8. Which one of your stories are you absolutely, completely in love with and why?
9. Top 5 favourite fics on the archives and why?
10. Top 5 favourite spells and why?

Thank you so much Lauren!

Lo:)

NED_zpsfd24e7dc.png?t=1395208743

Link in the wonderful signature, made by the lovely LilyLou @ TDA (who also made the avatar), to my author page - 12+

Winner of The Michael Grant Quote Challenge - toomanycurls with Love In Three Acts (M)

#15 nott theodore

nott theodore

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

Lauren! :hug:

1. What's been the hardest thing so far about writing RotG?

2. What's been the easiest?

3. Who is the most co-operative character to write?

4. Have there been any points so far that you'd planned out and then when you got to writing them, they turned out completely differently?

5. You get to take one of your RotG characters out for a meal.  Who do you take and what would you talk about?

6. What's the most important thing you've learnt since starting RotG?

And that's all I've got for now!  I look forward to reading your answers! :)

25yyfjl.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users