7 replies to this topic

#1 Pheonix Potioneer

Pheonix Potioneer

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

So, in case you just stumbled upon this and have no idea what this is, this is my Meet the Author Page. Basically, you can ask me things about my stories on the archives.

You can ask me anything you'd like, really, as long as it relates to Harry Potter or my stories. Just no personal questions, as that is against site policy.

So, let's bring in the questions!

4ptnqp.jpg

Banner courtesy of the NaNoWriMo winner's page.

All My Stories (15+)

#2 MargaretLane

MargaretLane

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

Do you know what's going to happen for the rest of Albus's years at Hogwarts?

How much of a story do you plan before beginning? Did you know exactly what was going to happen in the story when you started it or just the outline?

Who is your favourite of your OCs?

Are there Harry Potter characters you'd really like to write about?

Have you written any original stories?

250l56r.gif

#3 Pheonix Potioneer

Pheonix Potioneer

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Do you know what's going to happen for the rest of Albus's years at Hogwarts?

Yeah, I have the entire series planned out. I don't have a lot of detail yet, just the main outline of the plot. And I'll probably change it a lot too. The the plot of Albus's first year has changed a lot from what my original idea was.  

How much of a story do you plan before beginning? Did you know exactly what was going to happen in the story when you started it or just the outline?

I have a clear outline inside my head, but there is quite a bit that I made up along the way. And I don't have each individual chapter planned out- just the story as a whole. So yeah, I'd say I have more of an outline.   

Who is your favourite of your OCs?

Hmmm... I know the answer, but I can't tell you since this character won't be introduced until the second book. So for now, I'd say that my favorite is David. I love writing his sarcastic comments. Sarcasm is a favorite thing of mine. One of my English teachers used sarcasm like every other sentence. And I also enjoy using sarcasm.

Are there Harry Potter characters you'd really like to write about?

Lily Evans. I might write a story about ther in the future, but I haven't come up with a good story yet. But yes, I love her in so many ways. She is the sweetest person ever! I also like Lily Luna Potter. Such a sweet little girl.

Have you written any original stories?

Only a few short stories several years ago, and they were awful. They did NOT turn out good. Albus Potter and Slytherin's Office is the only one that's decent. I think I'm just going to stick with fanfiction for a while.

4ptnqp.jpg

All My Stories (15+)

#4 MargaretLane

MargaretLane

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

How long do you expect Albus Potter and Slytherin's Office to be? Have you the length more of less planned or are you still waiting to see how it'll turn out yourself?

You said you have the seven years planned. Are there any you are particularly looking forward to writing?

250l56r.gif

#5 Pheonix Potioneer

Pheonix Potioneer

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

How long do you expect Albus Potter and Slytherin's Office to be? Have you the length more of less planned or are you still waiting to see how it'll turn out yourself?

You said you have the seven years planned. Are there any you are particularly looking forward to writing?

I recently came up with a chapter outline, so I would have exciting and important stuff for most of the later chapters. The outline makes the total 27 chapters, but I'm not sure how long certain scenes will be (Especially the climax) so it might be a few more, or a few less.

There are so many scenes that I look forward to. I would tell you them, but I would reveal too much. I really am excited for the climaxes of all seven books, though. They are so exciting.

My very favorite scene, though, is in the third book. Rose is sobbing throughout half the chapter, David is in a panicked frenzy mode, and Albus is extremely frusturated since he has no clue what's going on. It's actually quite funny. And of course, Art is trying to comfort Rose even though he isn't sure what she's crying about. And kids are yelling all over the place... It's not supposed to be a funny scene, but I laugh everytime I think of it. 

Okay, enough spoilers for you. 

Thanks for the questions! I had a good time thinking of all these awesome scenes in my head.

4ptnqp.jpg

All My Stories (15+)

#6 patronus_charm

patronus_charm

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 871 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:15 AM

Whoo, I have some Secret Santa presents to deliver! :D

What was your experience like writing a novel?

What do you like most about Albus Potter?

Had you always planned to write the first chapter the way that you did?

What's your favourite part about writing a mystery novel?

What are your top tips for writing mystery?

How difficult did you find it to write a sorting hat song?

I noticed that the sequel has just been posted - were you excited to start writing it?

icons by moonlace@ tda

HH8cWVQ.png afuXnKs.png p36o9Df.png
 author page mta | gallery | stories offered | the angst galore challenge

#7 patronus_charm

patronus_charm

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 871 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:10 PM

Whoo, I have some more questions for you from your Secret Santa! :D

Who is your favourite character to write in Albus Potter and Slytherin's Office?

Which of the Weasley cousins is your favourite?

When you were writing about the gifts that they give each other for Christmas, how did you choose them?

Out of the little details that you've invented for the story and put in, are there any that you're really proud of?  Are there any that you wish people had taken more notice of?

Albus gets some experience of different Quidditch positions in the story; which position would you play, if you played Quidditch?

Which writers influence your writing the most?

What are your three favourite stories on the archives?

Before you start writing a story, do you always know the end?

Did you feel that your writing improved through the time that you were writing Albus Potter and Slytherin's Office?

icons by moonlace@ tda

HH8cWVQ.png afuXnKs.png p36o9Df.png
 author page mta | gallery | stories offered | the angst galore challenge

#8 Pheonix Potioneer

Pheonix Potioneer

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:39 AM

I thought I followed this so I would get a notification when someone posted... apparently not. It's a good thing I checked the Secret Santa gift thread!

What was your experience like writing a novel?

I didn't really treat it like writing a novel at first- just writing a longer story. My original outline was only 8 chapters. Weird, right? After I accepted that this was actually a novel (which was when I was over a quarter of the way done!) I just wrote one chapter at a time, over the course of two years. And then, it ended! It was as simple as that, really.

What do you like most about Albus Potter?

I like that you can interpret him in so many different ways. I could have made him like Voldemort if I wanted to. There's so many different ways I can write him.

Had you always planned to write the first chapter the way that you did?

No, the first chapter was a flshback sort of thing to the Battle of Hogwarts, because originally I planned that Voldemort's ghost would be helping out the men in what is now the first chapter. It turned out so horrendously that I put that document in the trash, and then I had to empty the trash so I could safely delete it forever!

What's your favourite part about writing a mystery novel?

I like writing little hints and things for future events, that readers will take just as a silly throaway line. And it's immensely satisfying knowing everything that's going to happen when nobody else knows.

What are your top tips for writing mystery?

Give enough clues for people to speculate, but not enough for people to figure out the right answer easily.

How difficult did you find it to write a sorting hat song?

Reasonably difficult- I'm not good at rhyme, so the rhymes took forever for me to figure out. I actually wrote it over the course of one day.

I noticed that the sequel has just been posted - were you excited to start writing it?

I treated it like it was just another chapter. I wasn't really planning to write it when I did, I just started because I needed to get the words out of my head. There's always ideas nagging at my head, saying, "Write me, write me!".

Who is your favourite character to write in Albus Potter and Slytherin's Office?

Probably David. His lines are awesome to write. I have fun coming up with those. Art comes in a close second. I suppose he's not my favorite character to write, but he's a great character in general. He'd jump off a cliff fir Albus.

Which of the Weasley cousins is your favourite?

Roxanne. Who else can traumatize everyone in Slytherin house?

When you were writing about the gifts that they give each other for Christmas, how did you choose them?

I decided Art should be an artist, so I had him give paintings to his friends. I actually didn't even notice the "Art painting art" thing until a reviewer pointed it out! I can be a bit stupid sometimes. For the rest of the presents- I made them up as I was writing.

Out of the little details that you've invented for the story and put in, are there any that you're really proud of?  Are there any that you wish people had taken more notice of?

This is actually kind of a tough question. Hmmm... Okay, I have now deleted a lot of "hmms". I really like my idea for Mr. Filch naming his cats after teachers he loved, like Umbridge. I like my idea if having Albus be a reserve. But my greatest... it's a huge spoiler unless you've finished the first book. If you haven't finished the first book, don't read this or go finish the book. It is a HUGE spoiler.

Only read if you have read through Chapter 25 of Albus Potter and Slytherin's Office! If you haven't DON'T READ! SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER! SKIP THIS SECTION UNDERNEATH! I WISH I HAD A BETTER WAY OF CONCEALING THIS!

Okay, so I wanted to have Zajecfer be a new dark wizard, but my mind couldn't deal with the fact that two dark wizards were in such a close time period to each other. I like my explanation that Voldemort and Zajecfer had the same mentor: Salazar Slytherin. It explained how Voldemort became so brilliant, and where he disappeared for those ten years after he quit Borgin & Burkes. I even added a bit about rats- when Ron and Harry are in the Chamber of Secrets they saw tons of rat skeletons, which are all the rats Slytherin possessed when he had no body.

As for something I wish people had noticed... I had (a) character(s) do a few suspicious things, and nobody pointed it out. It's for the sequel.

Albus gets some experience of different Quidditch positions in the story; which position would you play, if you played Quidditch?

Well, it's a pretty big "if" since I am a non-sporty person, so I probably wouldn't be playing Quidditch in the first place. But if I was, I'd play keeper. Good question!

Which writers influence your writing the most?

J.K. Rowling, definitely. She's the author who caused me to write. But that's kind of the obvious choice. Others... Ann M. Martin or Margaret Peterson Haddix, maybe? I don't really think about who I'm influenced by. I read so many books by so many authors that I don't even realize when I pick things up.

What are your three favourite stories on the archives?

Albus Potter and Slytherin's Office, Albus Potter and the Chosen Four, and my one-shot A Beacon of Light

Before you start writing a story, do you always know the end?

It depends what I'm writing. If I'm writing a novel, yes, since Inlike to provide little hints and things, and have it flow properly. If I'm writing a one-shot, no.

Did you feel that your writing improved through the time that you were writing Albus Potter and Slytherin's Office?

Yes, tremendously. I grew much more comfortable with writing it as time went on, that's for sure. And then I learned grammar rules and things I didn't know before.

Thank you for giving me all these questions!

Edited by Pheonix Potioneer, 08 January 2015 - 02:40 AM.

4ptnqp.jpg

All My Stories (15+)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users