11 replies to this topic

#1 Maelody

Maelody

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hi everyone! I'm Maelody (Mae)/Jonnie and I really enjoy writing for all of you! Feel free to ask me anything about me, my writing, my stories, or my characters! I'm open to everything!   :)

Why do I have so many ideas? 

Will I ever finish a story?

What am I updating next?

Find all of that out here when you ask me!  :D Literally, MTA questions make me so happy that I could dance with joy all the way to the moon and back without getting tired! You guys are great!

With that out of the way, here's a link to my author's page (12+-M). I look forward to seeing you guys around and answering your questions!

Lots of love,

~Mae

Edited by stargazer, 03 March 2014 - 03:55 AM.

~My Author's Page(M)/My MeetThe Author Thread(15+)/My Blog(15+) Sig by: Me!~

challenge.jpg

My challenge ~ The Awareness Challenge! (12+) ~ Write For A Cause!

#2 maraudertimes

maraudertimes

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

Hiya Mae!

Guess I'll kick start your new thread! :D

1. Why did you decide to join the HPFF and HPFF forums community?
2. You write quite a bit of Romance. Why do you think that is?
3. Where do you draw inspiration from?
4. What would you patronus be and why?
5. What would you think of when conjuring a patronus?
6. Out of all your MCs, which is your favourite and why?
7. If you could ask J.K. Rowling one thing about the HP verse, what would it be?
8. Which one of your stories are you absolutely, completely in love with and why?
9. Top 5 favourite fics on the archives and why?
10. Top 5 favourite spells and why?

Hope to hear back soon!
Super excited for the answers!
Lo:)

QiLjOhD.gif
Link in the signature, made by Elenia (who also made the avatar), to my author page - 12+
The Female Artist Challenge - 1st Place: Ravenclaw333 - Lion Hearted Girl (15+)
2nd Place: ohmymerlin - Who You Are (M)

#3 Maelody

Maelody

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:37 AM

Hiya Mae!
Guess I'll kick start your new thread! :D

1. Why did you decide to join the HPFF and HPFF forums community?
2. You write quite a bit of Romance. Why do you think that is?
3. Where do you draw inspiration from?
4. What would you patronus be and why?
5. What would you think of when conjuring a patronus?
6. Out of all your MCs, which is your favourite and why?
7. If you could ask J.K. Rowling one thing about the HP verse, what would it be?
8. Which one of your stories are you absolutely, completely in love with and why?
9. Top 5 favourite fics on the archives and why?
10. Top 5 favourite spells and why?

Hope to hear back soon!
Super excited for the answers!
Lo:)

Woah! I didn't even see this! So sorry for making you wait so long! But I'm so excited to have someone drop by here! *squeeeeeeeee* Thank you! :D and it's YOU! :D loves and hugs!

Ahem

Ok, I'm calm now haha. Let me answer those questions!

1) I decided to join because I hated trying to figure out fanfiction.net, my favorite fanfiction forum was dying down, and I really wanted a place that was strictly Harry Potter community because it's less confusing to search for stories and help others out. Also, I really like the rules here and how friendly everyone is.

2) I know! I'm awful about that! But it's just who I am. I have no imagination when it comes to action or horror or any other genres. Even movie and book wise that's just how I am. I like reading and writing about ways to fall in love because there's just so many ways to do it. It's not a one-step process and it always engages me more into my writing.

3) I get a lot of inspiration from songs, or dreams, or silly things my friends and I talk about. I talk about Harry Potter a lot, and something gets brought up, and things just start clicking. Or I join challenges, and the prompt of the challenge just comes to me pretty naturally. Especially when it has different characters from my norm.

4) My patronus would be an owl. Not because I'm wise, but because I want it to be and because I have a birthmark just above my elbow that looks like an owl taking flight haha.

5) I would think of my trip it took to Florida this last summer. It's the first actual vacation I've been on, and I paid for it all by myself. I was even able to afford taking my brother, too. I spent two days in Harry Potter World at Universal Studios and I loved it. It was the happiest, and most proud moment of my life. Specifically speaking, my happiest moment was being on the Forbidden Journey ride. :')

6) As of this very moment, my favorite MC is Victoire in Making Memories. She's one of my first, fully thought out, fun characters. I have so much fun writing her, and I think of new things to add every day. She really takes up more thoughts than my other characters do. However, Eun Ae is a close second.

7) I would ask her: What's with this last minute deal on Romione, bro? I don't like it! Haha

8) That's a real toss up between Making Memories and a story that isn't quite validated yet, but has been in the making for quite some time that I'm willing to share called Sunburn. Sunburn is a little more personal, and it's my first try at writing first person in a male perspective of an OC. In my mind, I know where both stories are going and I just love them both. But honestly, to go with the validated one, I'll go with Making Memories :).

9) I'm so sorry that I can't link then properly because I'm on my phone, but I'll try my best to do so!
In no specific order I love:
1: http://www.harrypott....php?sid=317598 (M)
I'll Love Her Enough For Both of Us by alicia and anne
Because I have a secret love for pregnancy stories and she writes it in the view of the soon to be father and she does it so wonderfully! I'm a little behind on the story though, so I have some catching up, but I like this one a lot.
2: http://www.harrypott...php?psid=260019 (M)
The Art of Breathing by AC_rules
Because this story is beautiful, it's snarky, and you literally learn to hate characters, but you know that's OK. I've only ever cried at two fan fictions, and this is one of them. It's beautiful, and I love it.
3: http://www.harrypott....php?sid=285329 (M)
Lying Josephine by writeyourheartout
Because I love Fred. Anything and everything to do about Fred. This story covers his life and death, and how a girl pretends to be in love with him after death because she's actually in love with George and she's too shy/scared to admit it. It's one of the most fantastically written, emotionally charged stories I've read and it's absolutely amazing with what it has so far.
4: http://www.harrypott....php?sid=328206 (15+)
Journey to the Centre of (Molly's) World in (Less Than) 80 Days by 800 words of heaven
Because this is literally the romantic comedy type of thing I love to see. It's perfectly described and I can actually see everything, and it makes me actually laugh out loud. It is quirky, and I love it.
5) http://www.harrypott...&psid=240987&i= (M)
Delicate by padfoot4ever
Because, again, I like reading pregnancy things. It's a guilty pleasure haha. And because the whole thing was crazy, and the characters were not what you would expect. It was pleasantly different, and I really enjoyed it.

10) I've never thought of that before. Hmm
1: reparo
2: alohamora
3: stupendo
4 expecto patronum
5: sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!

There you have it! :D thank you so so so much for dropping by to ask! I had a lot of fun answering them! :) if ever you have anymore questions, if it be over my writing or a specific story in general, always feel free to drop by here! :D it makes my day!

~Mae

challenge.jpg

#4 potterfan310

potterfan310

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

Hi :bye:

1) As a fellow contestant in Milominderbinder's Modern Romance challenge, What was it that you liked the most about the pairing you got?

2) From looking at your author's page you seem to have dabbled in not just next gen, but Hogwarts Era, Post-Hogwarts and Marauders, which has been your favourite era to write?

3) From question 2, which has been the easiest era for you to write?

4) In your story 'Inside and Under' did you find it easy writing Blaise's point of view for the battle of Hogwarts?

5) Your one-shot 'Dying' is so sad, especially when Fred says 'Maybe mum will be able to fix this', that broke my heart. How and where did you get the inspiration fro writing this story?

x_Sophie_x

2h5tgtj.png

Amazing sig by aconite @ TDA! Sig link is rated (M)

HPFF(15+) MTA (12+)

#5 Maelody

Maelody

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

Yay! :D Thank you so much for stopping by! MTA questions literally make me the happiest person ever! :3 And especially since it looks like you've checked out a wide variety of my stories! :D

1) As a fellow contestant in Milominderbinder's Modern Romance challenge, What was it that you liked the most about the pairing you got?

My favorite thing was that for about a year or so I've been dying to write a sequel to my story "Just One Memory". I've also been wanting to write a story in the setting of hospital for forever because I'm a HUGE Scrubs and Gray's Anatomy fan. So when she gave me Victoire Weasley, I couldn't help but use it her as my chance to do both. Of course, I had thought of using Teddy, seeing as how it was supposed to be his sequel, but I think we can see how well it worked out for him. :)

2) From looking at your author's page you seem to have dabbled in not just next gen, but Hogwarts Era, Post-Hogwarts and Marauders, which has been your favourite era to write?

You know, this is something I hadn't realized until a couple weeks ago. I thought I was really partial to just my next generation fics, but I got to looking and I'm proud of how versatile I've become since my early start at writing! (I plan on converting a lot of fics over here from another site I used to write on when I was much younger). It's really a tough one for me, because I don't actually like writing Hogwarts Era. It's so hard! But Marauders and Next Gen! Oh dear! I love them both so dearly! Though I would probably have to say next gen because there is so much freedom in making the characters up still, while we have plenty of information to go off of with the Marauders. I feel like people have a set way with Marauder era and it's hard to write them because the expectation, like Hogwarts Era, is so high!

3) From question 2, which has been the easiest era for you to write?

I think I sort of answered this in last question. I love writing Marauders, I have more that aren't even published here, but I feel more pressured in getting them right and I have to think about them more because I have to wonder if what I want to happen would really happen. Next Gen I get to sort of make up things to happen, since we know practically nothing about their futures. Marauders, we know exactly who lives, who dies, and what is in store for the future. :)

4) In your story 'Inside and Under' did you find it easy writing Blaise's point of view for the battle of Hogwarts?

Actually, that story came out so easily, I was so surprised with it! I probably wrote it within an hour or two. It was originally written for a Slytherin challenge, and I think I was assigned Blaise as a character, so that's why I had to write about him. I really don't like having to switch my given challenge if I don't have to, so I took him on. Like I said before, I'm not a big Hogwarts Era fan, but I had an idea on my views on Blaise already, and he's such a minor character that I had a little liberty in making things up for him. It was fun, and I think I wrote him very canon to what I think of him. :)

5) Your one-shot 'Dying' is so sad, especially when Fred says 'Maybe mum will be able to fix this', that broke my heart. How and where did you get the inspiration fro writing this story?

Aw, thanks! :D I got the inspiration for this because I love Fred, and I really wanted to take a challenge on where I could make someone cry. It was also written for a challenge, The Dying Challenge, or something like that, where a character had to die or know they were dying in the story. I jumped on it because, as I said, I wanted to see if I could convey emotions over Fred. I don't think it turned out the way I wanted it to. It's sad, but I've always thought about going back and fixing it or re-writing it, because it's always been a little confusing. The inspiration for it came from a story called "Long Distance Extendable Ears"by Schmerge_The_Impaler on another writing site. It has been, and currently still is, my favorite story of all time. It was written in 2007, but every year or few months I go back to read it for a good laugh and cry. It's simply amazing, and I wanted so desperately to write something like her. :)

Thank you so much for the lovely questions! I LOVE answering questions! I love knowing that people are reading my stories and are curious! AHHHHH! I just can't thank you enough! You're the best! ~hugs~

Edited by Maelody, 02 March 2014 - 10:09 AM.

challenge.jpg

#6 love_is_magic_

love_is_magic_

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:12 PM

Hey there! I thought I would stop by and leave some questions for you :D 

1. I just read Dying and wow... let me just say... what a tearjerker. If you could bring Fred back or somehow make it so that he didn't die, would you?

2. What is your favourite thing about being a part of the HPFF community?

3. How much do you write a week, on average?

4. What makes you a Slytherin and how did you know that was the house you belonged in?

5. If you were in the Potterverse, what would be your career?

Beautiful Signature by &thenboom @ tda                                                                                                                          

11lkcwi.png

Christy - Author's Page (12+) - My MTA (12+) - The Old Story, New POV Challenge (12+)

#7 Maelody

Maelody

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

Oh my Godric you Gryffindors are simply amazing! :3 You're making me so happy! Ahem, anyway, thank you for stopping by! I'm excited to answer your questions! :D

1. I just read Dying and wow... let me just say... what a tearjerker. If you could bring Fred back or somehow make it so that he didn't die, would you?

Thank you! Whoo, did it really make you cry? If so, what a compliment! Thank you so much! As for bringing back Fred, I would in a heartbeat! Though, to be honest, I also think his death made the Weasley family, and his friends, a little stronger. Their heartache kills me though, but I honestly think he reunited them.To me, it was always sad looking at the Weasleys. Charlie moved away and we hardly see him, Bill left, came back, got married, and then left again really with his wife. Percy became a Ministry loving pooh pooh head, and the twins moved out to start their own joke shop. It was always like, as they got older, the further they got from home, which made me so sad. I'm sure they were still close to some degree, but I really like to think that maybe losing Fred brought this family we all love together more, so I may have to just leave him gone and silently cry at night as I miss him xD. :)

2. What is your favourite thing about being a part of the HPFF community?

Well, this right here is one of my absolute favorite things ever! Not answering/getting MTA questions, and not having people have to come by for a competition, but the fact that we ARE having a competition, and it's so fun, and so friendly. Everyone is being so active in the forums, and getting to know each other even better, and the staff works so hard on keeping this site active and up to date. I LOVE that! It makes it refreshing to come back everyday in hopes of seeing something new, and they never disappoint.

3. How much do you write a week, on average?

Are you ready to freak out? I write roughly 10-15,000 words a week! I can (in my best of times) whip out chapters, chapters in advance, and plot ideas for my stories so easily when I get into them! I also write my own original fiction, I work on stories that aren't even on this site (yet) because I'm working on getting them ready for the site. I blog, I reply to things around the threads, and review a lot. I LOVE writing. When I'm at work, I literally start having withdraws and on breaks I get on the notes app on my phone and start typing away. I use the weather and some of the people at work for inspiration on those days xD.

4. What makes you a Slytherin and how did you know that was the house you belonged in?

Hey! I just wrote a blog on this! :D This is easy! :) I strive for greatness, really. I know what I will do and can do will be great, and I want my future to be the best future I can make it. I'm involved in everything I start, and work with people very easily. It took so long for me to understand and really get comfortable with outwardly admitting that I was a Slytherin, but without a doubt now I can't see myself anywhere else!

5. If you were in the Potterverse, what would be your career?

I really want to say journalism because the Daily Prophet or Quibbler or other things of the sort would be so awesome to see and work on! But compared to the real world, it's not that much more different. Just like being Healer would be the same as being a doctor, just getting to see more magical wounds. I'd want to do something like Dragon Training, or being a professional Quidditch star (once I got over my fear of being on a small stick that high in the air. I'm not afraid of heights, I just like knowing I'll be safe up there xD)! 

Thanks for the amazing questions! I had so much fun with them! :D

challenge.jpg

#8 AditiDraco95

AditiDraco95

Inquisitorial Squad

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Hey Mae :) 

1. Dying is such a tragically beautiful one-shot. How much of a challenge was characterising Fred for you? 

2. Inside The Under is another very good piece of yours focused on Slytherin. How did you get the inspiration to write it?

3. Out of all the stories you've written, which one would you say has been the hardest to write and why? 

4. Do you prefer writing one-shots and short stories, or would you rather go for novels and novellas? Why? 

A Proud Slytherin | My HPFF stories (12+ to M

WISTFUL_zps5db1ea1b.gif

Sig Set by Wistful

#9 MyMyMiss

MyMyMiss

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:40 AM

Hi there hun, here for blackout! 

1:Which of your stories do you find the hardest to write? 
2: I noticed you write a very large selection of different from era's - how do you find you handle the pressure of writing so many stories with so many different characterizations to remember and keep consistent? 
3: Where did you get the Inspiration to write your story Sunburn?

4: The Characterization you have created for Teddy in Making memories, is different to how mist people portray him, how did you create his unique character?
5: Which of your stories do you find the easiest or most enjoyable to write? 

{Stories 15+}

TLEqQzU.png

Set by the amazing anyroad.

#10 SamMalfoy93

SamMalfoy93

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 873 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

Hey, Mae!

1. You write a variety of eras. Which one is your favorite to write?

2. Who is your favorite character to write? Is it because they're easy and come naturally to you, because they're difficult and you like the challenge, or something else entirely?

3. Which do you prefer (reading and writing): dark or romance?

4. What was your favorite to write out of all your stories posted?

See you soon!

Sam TheHeirOfSlytherin (12+-M) S.D.W.W.S
256fp1h.jpg
Set by aigue-marine @ tda.

#11 Iellwen

Iellwen

Inquisitorial Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:04 AM

Hi there! I'm just reading some of your stories/one-shot for the first time so I haven't gotten around leaving you a proper review yet; in the meantime, here are some questions for you ^^

1. What inspired you to write about Hagrid and his dreams in 'Spiders, Dragons and Love'?

1 1/2. What made you write in that awesome POV? (It's not every day we peek into the Mirror's thoughts! :woot: )

2. Was it hard for you to write about such a delicate subject in 'Dying' ?

3. What inspired you to write 'The Bravest Man I Ever Knew'? (I've only read a few chapters so far but wow!)

4. Do you enjoy my tears? Is that what you do?! Well, of course you do you Slytherin, you! Do you have any recurring writing pet peeves? :happy:

:Slytherin:

Stories (12+ to M) Call me Gee  :zorro:  MTA (12+)

HouseCup14Sig_WistfulHPFF_zps865fa88a.gi

sssssuperb sssset by Wistful

:Slytherin:

#12 Maelody

Maelody

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

Hey guys! :D thanks for all the questions!

AditiDraco95 asked:

1. Dying is such a tragically beautiful one-shot. How much of a challenge was characterising Fred for you?
First if all, thank you for the compliment! Tragic beauty is so much fun to write, and it's good to see you enjoyed it! As for writin Fred, it was pretty difficult. I've always wanted to so a story where he is actually alive, and I sort of am in another story, but this one I had to include a lot of different emotions for a character who is always funny. I wanted to make sure I kept his curiosity and wonder, along with his love for family, but I didn't want to make his passing funny because, in all reality, it wasn't. It was shocking and sad, so I wanted to make sure that got in the story, while still trying to get Fred to joke around just a little bit when he came to terms with everything.

2. Inside The Under is another very good piece of yours focused on Slytherin. How did you get the inspiration to write it?
It was written for a challenge a year or so ago that I can't remember if the challenge starter never made it to the end, or if I just didn't place (highly likely it was the latter ;)). So I deleted the challenge part out of the summary. The point of it though was to write a story over a Slytherin, and I think they even gave me my character. I had never written for Blaise before, so I thought it was pretty interesting. I also wanted to help people remember that movie and book Blaise are pretty much two completely different people, and I portrayed him by what I picked up in the books. :) Writing it under the castle was just something I wanted to do because I didn't want him included in the actual battle, and I wanted to show a bit of insight on what went on in the Slytherin Common Room. :)

3. Out of all the stories you've written, which one would you say has been the hardest to write and why?
Out of all of them I have to say Seven Years and Counting has been the hardest. The plot has always been there for me, and I love my characters, but I tend to write before I really get to thinking about if the situation makes much sense, so I have too much romance, not enough mystery, or the opposite. I forget what I've brought up opposed to what I haven't mentioned yet. I forget characters or make mistakes all the time, and I feel super bad for my readers because I always want to go back and edit it before I post a new chapter, so it's been on hold for quite some time now.

4. Do you prefer writing one-shots and short stories, or would you rather go for novels and novellas? Why?
I love writing novels and novellas, simply because the thought of having people follow along with you for a long term makes me happy, but there is a certain appeal to one shots and such. You sum everything up in one go and you get everything that is absolutely needed to be said in one go. It's a challenge, and I love challenging myself. Though I never feel like my one shots are good enough to be stand-alones. :)

Thank you for the questions! I enjoyed answering them!

Questions by MyMyMiss:

1: Which of your stories do you find the hardest to write?
Like I answered for Aditi, I would really have to say Seven Years and Counting. It's the longest thing I've written and stayed commuted to in years, and I think that thought alone scares me a little bit, so I get nervous on writing it. I want to go back and edit it before I continue it sometime though :).

2: I noticed you write a very large selection of different from era's - how do you find you handle the pressure of writing so many stories with so many different characterizations to remember and keep consistent?
I actually think it comes pretty easy for me. When I was first starting out in writing, I used to write nothing but romantic Next Gen, and they'd all run pretty much the same and not go anywhere, and I got bored very quickly. With different genres, eras, and characters, I think it helps me remember where I'm at. I've been thinking of all of these characters for years now, so they have distinct personalities. I love writing different things than what I'm used to and compared to what I already have, because I love diversity. Thank you for noticing this, by the way! :D

3: Where did you get the Inspiration to write your story Sunburn?
Sunburn is probably the first more personal story I've ever written. I've had this idea in my head for the longest time about wanting to write about having a first love, and losing that love, while never truly forgetting about them, and even fighting for them. It's one of the more realistic stories I want to write and have shown out there because it has the feel that your life will move on, but you don't always get the girl (Sam is a boy). So, when the Ed Sheeran Song Challenfe arrived, and the song Sunburn was given to me, I just had to do it.

4: The Characterization you have created for Teddy in Making memories, is different to how most people portray him, how did you create his unique character?
I wanted him to be young, which he is in my story. Very young. A lot of older Teddy characters seem to be very confident, funny, and obviously "raised-by-Harry" feelings occur, which are all fine by me and I actually love that Teddy! However, being so young, I wouldn't think he'd have such a definitive personality yet. He still has to be built up to that point, and I wanted to show a moment in his life that would help him get to that point. :)

5: Which of your stories do you find the easiest or most enjoyable to write?
As of current, I keep switching between Making Memories and Sunburn because they're both my newest and I've decided to update them until they're finished. Making Memories obviously has a much lighter tone to it and it has a lot of fun moments to write, but I feel like I get to tell a little of my story with Sunburn. Though, I'm also doing a Collab with ReeBee called I'm Not Him, and it's a lot of fun because I get to chat with Ree a lot, and we have most of it planned out already. So it's a lot of fun at the moment!

Thank you for all of the amazing questions! There's nothing I like more than answering these sorts of questions! :D

SamMalfoy93 asked:

1. You write a variety of eras. Which one is your favorite to write?
I LOVE writing Next Gen, but I'd love to be a marauders writer like, hard core. I just feel like everyone thinks they've been overdone sometimes, and I know once I pick up on them, it'll be so hard to keep it original! Haha :) but seriously, Next Gen at the moment, and for a very long time now, has been my favorite. Even before the seventh book came out! ;)

2. Who is your favorite character to write? Is it because they're easy and come naturally to you, because they're difficult and you like the challenge, or something else entirely?
Right now, I think I'm enjoying Juniper's character in Sunburn. It's odd, but the more I think about her, the more I feel sorry for the poor girl, but she's such a treat to write. She always has something insightful for Sam to think about, and she's so sweet. It's random, I know, but right now June wins! :)

3. Which do you prefer (reading and writing): dark or romance?
Romance for sure! I try dark, and it seems like it never really goes my way! What's super hilarious, though, is I usually intend for all of my stories to be dark. I'll always write a random chapter of something with a character dying, or sick, or something is happening that is pretty dark, and I'll get entire story ideas from it. Then, as it always happens, those dark scenes never see the light of day in the story , but they inspire a lot of good things ;).

4. What was your favorite to write out of all your stories posted?
I feel like I might give a different answer than what I just have above (sort of) but only because I got to talking about Juniper and now I want to write for her some more! I'd have to say, at this moment, Sunburn takes the win. :)

Thank you for all the lovely questions! You put me in the mood to write Sunburn chapters and it's not even it's turn! ;)

Iellwen asked:

1. What inspired you to write about Hagrid and his dreams in 'Spiders, Dragons and Love'?
This was one of those "challenge inspired" stories. I don't remember who, but someone started a challenge over seeing something in the Mirror of Erised and I got Hagrid as a character. I didn't place, so I took the challenge but out of the summary, but I loved my prompt and writing for this one shot. I wanted to do something different compared to what others would write about, so I did it in the POV of the mirror. After all, it is magical. Who knows what goes on behind that reflection ? ;)

1 1/2. What made you write in that awesome POV? (It's not every day we peek into the Mirror's thoughts! :woot: )
Oops! I already answered this for you! Sorry! ;)

2. Was it hard for you to write about such a delicate subject in 'Dying' ?
I don't think it was really as hard for me to write about the subject as I wanted it to be. I'm so happy with the response the story has gotten, but I never got the fulfillment of it helping me cope with Fred's death like I thought it should. I always thought I felt a little detached to it, so maybe it was because I didn't want to own up to the fact I was killing my Freddie? It all just sort of came ou though, and the results were the story. :)

3. What inspired you to write 'The Bravest Man I Ever Knew'? (I've only read a few chapters so far but wow!)
Haha thank you! I hope you enjoy the rest of it! Though, sad to say with the amount of chapters it has, I actually started writing this story about a year or two before I posted it here on the archives. I know that it was right when the song "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry came out, and I really wanted to show this scene where Snape was at her grave, like that first chapter, and have the lyrics pop up. That was originally going to be a one shot song fic, but I kept going, and I cut the song out, and I had a lot of fun with writing the beauty of Snape loving Lily behind the scenes. :)

4. Do you enjoy my tears? Is that what you do?! Well, of course you do you Slytherin, you! Do you have any recurring writing pet peeves? :happy:
I have a lot of my own that I do, that's for sure! I hate how I split between writing tense verbs and such. I don't know if it's because I do this in real life and that's why I can't catch them, but it always gets pointed out to me. I hate that I do it. That one is probably my biggest pet peeve. Now that I write on my phone 98% of the time, I also really hate autocorrect. I'll have the word I want, and because my phone thinks it knows the sentence structure I'm building, sometimes it'll change words from three words ago without me realizing. Or it changes "of" to "if" or other words of the like. It gets super irritating sometimes and I just want to put my phone down and quit for a little bit (see what I mean!) but I always want to keep writing. Haha :)

Thank you, and all of you, so much for taking the time to come by and leave questions! Sorry it took a bit, but these thighs are always so much work when you're on your phone! ;) Either way, I'm super happy now and you guys are the best! Thank you so much! :*

challenge.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users