#1 LilyEPotter

LilyEPotter

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

Hi!

My name is LilyEPotter or Lily, and I’ve been an author on this site since 2004. After a long time away, I rediscovered the site after finding my stories on my old computer. Lately I’ve been focusing on writing missing moments and writing stories in the less defined eras.

Stories in the Victorian Era:

Writing a Fairytale

A Thorn to the Dumbledores

Stories in the 1920s:

Marius

Stories in the Marauder Era:

Caradoc Dearborn and the Grand Adventure

Stories in the Pre-Hogwarts Era:

Hiding in Front of You

Stories in the Hogwarts Era:

Fred and George – Spies Like Us

The Defeat of Voldemort

Dudley Dursley’s Dancing Delight

Choices That We Make

Stories in the Next-Generation Era:

Age of Peace and Times of Joy

The Secret of the Kestrel

One story covers multiple eras:

Falling into Darkness

Edited by stargazer, 24 August 2013 - 12:23 AM.

SignatureBannerbySwissMissatTDA_zps17181

The wonderful avatar and banner was made by SwissMiss @ TDA!

My Author Page (12+ to M) & My MTA Page (12+)

Writing a Fairytale (M), Choices That We Make (M), The Defeat of Voldemort (M)

#2 MissMdsty

MissMdsty

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

Hello and welcome (back! :p)

Questions, questions... :D

• What is your favorite character to write and why?
  • Who is the one character that you would never, ever attempt to write?
  • Which genre is your favorite?
  • Which ship do you like least?
  • If you could ask JK Rowling one question, what would it be?
  • What is your favorite story on the archives so far?

:flowers2: That's it for now, but be sure I will return! 

AZ1lJ5g.png

set by penseé @ tda

Author Page (15+ M) || MTA ||

#3 LilyEPotter

LilyEPotter

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:38 AM

What is your favorite character to write and why?

Who is the one character that you would never, ever attempt to write?

Which genre is your favorite?

Which ship do you like least?

If you could ask JK Rowling one question, what would it be?

What is your favorite story on the archives so far?

1. My favorite character to write would be Ginny. She supports Harry before Ron or Hermione sometimes. When they start to hang back because they aren't sure about a particular plan, Ginny is there giving her support. Yet at the same time, Ginny is able to confront Harry when he needs it.

2. That is a hard question. I would find it hard to write a story focused on Umbridge. That's not to say she might be a cameo appearance.

3. My favorite genre would be Action/Adventure/Romance.

4. The ship I like the least is Ron and Lavender.

5. One question... It'd have to be a good one... We see the Invisibility Cloak in the 1st book as well as the Elder Wand and we see the Resurrection Stone in the 6th book. Why was there nothing binding the 3 together until the very end?

6. My favorite story on the archives so far is "It Happened One Night" by SunDevil05.

#4 nott theodore

nott theodore

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 431 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

Hello!

1. You have a lot of WIPs on your author's page - do you find it hard to manage them all?

2. When you originally started writing, the last few books hadn't been released.  After your return, do you find writing fanfiction to be a very different experience?  If so, do you think it's better or worse?

3. I know that you expanded Falling Into Darkness from a one-shot into a short story collection.  What inspired you to do this, and are there any other characters you'd like to explore as part of this in the future?

4. Which of your stories, to date, are you proudest of?

5. Was it difficult to continue with your pre-Deathly Hallows stories after a break in writing them and the release of the book?

6. Is there one genre you like reading but would never attempt to write?

7. Is there a story of yours that you think deserves more attention than it gets?

25yyfjl.png

Icon and signature by Violet@TDA

My stories [12+] My MTA [12+]

#5 LilyEPotter

LilyEPotter

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:27 AM

Hi!

Hello!

1. You have a lot of WIPs on your author's page - do you find it hard to manage them all?

Sometimes. I've had to get in the habit of getting an outline done for each story so the story thread is easier to pick up. :) What I'm also finding difficult is spreading my writing time evenly to the open stories. I also have many more stories that I've typed in their information and they are waiting to be written. :)

2. When you originally started writing, the last few books hadn't been released.  After your return, do you find writing fanfiction to be a very different experience?  If so, do you think it's better or worse?

I think writing stories now to be better mainly because the canon has been completed. Even some of the back story, the information that wasn't included in the books has been released. I also think more people are more lenient now than they were before when leaving reviews on your stories.

3. I know that you expanded Falling Into Darkness from a one-shot into a short story collection.  What inspired you to do this, and are there any other characters you'd like to explore as part of this in the future?

After having written the first chapter for the Gryffindor challenge, I got to thinking about the other dark wizards and witches that we've seen or read about in the books. My first thought was to write a one-shot about each dark wizard/witch, but I quickly realized that wouldn't work. Since I would have titled each one "Falling into Darkness, part #", I decided to make the original story a collection of one-shots.

I have Severus Snape, Tom Riddle, Lucius Malfoy and Salazar Slytherin lined up. I've been considering when exactly they began their way on the dark path. But of these characters, I haven't seen any one definable instance of when they turned dark which is why these stories have taken longer to post. Though two of them are in work.

I also have Bellatrix on my list, but there is very little backstory that I've found on her. I haven't decided if Azkaban just enhanced her attitude or if she was that intense when she was put in Azkaban. I want to make her story believable, but I also don't like writing strong violence or strong language.

4. Which of your stories, to date, are you proudest of?

This is a hard decision, each story is a first for me. If I needed to choose one, I'd choose "Writing a Fairytale" because it has my first Original Character in it with pretty much an original cast.

5. Was it difficult to continue with your pre-Deathly Hallows stories after a break in writing them and the release of the book?

It was very difficult. Each posted chapter was short and most sounded like childish writings. I've had to work hard on editing the stories so they sound more realistic as well as increase the word count in each chapter. I also had to rework some elements of my stories to keep them semi-canon and rework the cast a little bit.

6. Is there one genre you like reading but would never attempt to write?

No, I think every genre that I enjoy reading, I have attempted to write in. There is one genre that I don't foresee me writing in and that would be the crossover because while I do read other series, I don't want to mix storylines.

7. Is there a story of yours that you think deserves more attention than it gets?

I know not many people want to read Victorian-era stories, but I wish that "Writing a Fairytale" and "Permelia Bannister and the Tale of Albus" would get a little more attention. The first one has many original characters while the second actually is following Albus Dumbledore and his classmates at Hogwarts. Granted, the story is not written from Albus' viewpoint but another classmate's viewpoint.

Thank you very much for asking! :)

#6 Laurenzo7321

Laurenzo7321

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

Hello! I have a message from your Secret Santa:

*On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a trio: Harry, Ron, Hermione!*

Hi! Secret Santa here, and with that manipulated song verse, would you mind answering a question for me?

1. Which of the Trio is your favourite and why?

Thank you, and have a very merry Christmas!

Secret Santa

P.S. There will be more of the song to come, I promise. :)

Posted Image

Beautiful Signature Set by my Elenia@TDA!

| My Authors Page (M) | My MTA Page (12+) | My Review Thread (12+) |

#7 -BookDinosaur-

-BookDinosaur-

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

Hello!

1. You have a lot of stories on your AP - do you find that the canon from one story will find it's way into another story?
2. Why do your stories span so many eras?
3. Why do you think that you're a Gryffindor?
4. What genre do you like reading the most?
5. How do you manage the researching for the Victorian-era stories that you write?

That's all for now! :D

Edited by -BookDinosaur-, 26 December 2013 - 01:09 PM.

BookDinosaur - A proud RAVENCLAW :Ravenclaw: | Call me Emily!

bookdinosaursiggy_zps7dd4a0d7.png

Amy made this amazing siggy and it is the boss.

currently writing: (i must be dreaming), a oneshot about the little girl in the cave

Author Page (12+) | Review Thread (12+) | My MTA (12+)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#8 LilyEPotter

LilyEPotter

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

Hello! I have a message from your Secret Santa:

*On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a trio: Harry, Ron, Hermione!*

Hi! Secret Santa here, and with that manipulated song verse, would you mind answering a question for me?

1. Which of the Trio is your favourite and why?

I think my favorite would be Harry. I believe the primary reason is that he accepts people for who they are. He also shows intuitive logic, taking seemingly random events and figuring out what's happening. Lastly, he doesn't let events in his past define him, instead he uses them to become who he is. The biggest point this is shown is when he learns of the Prophecy and has to make the choice as to why he stands against Voldemort.

Thank you, and have a very merry Christmas!

Secret Santa

P.S. There will be more of the song to come, I promise. :)

Hello!

1. You have a lot of stories on your AP - do you find that the canon from one story will find it's way into another story?

Yes, primarily because I look to make my stories part of each other. I have a large genealogical file in which all of the characters are included. When I work my timelines for my stories, I try not to make them at odds with another story. :)

2. Why do your stories span so many eras?

When I first started writing fan fiction, I believe only the first four books had been released. Many of my stories took place in the Hogwarts era because of that. As each book released, I had to mark my stories as AU because they didn't fit with what happened in the newly released book. :)

There is one more story that I've been thinking about that will take place in the Hogwarts/Post-Hogwarts era(s), but it won't be placed in England. It will take place in America.

I've looked at writing in eras before the Marauders because so much of the timeline hasn't been developed. So I've looked at writing about the early canon characters when they were in school. I've also been working on a Founders story. 

3. Why do you think that you're a Gryffindor?

Most of my favorite characters are in Gryffindor. I also would like to think that I've shown courage as a Gryffindor in dealing with events in real life and stepping out of my comfort zone.

4. What genre do you like reading the most?

I like reading Action/Adventure the most because there's such variety that can be written. 

5. How do you manage the researching for the Victorian-era stories that you write?

I've read many books that take place in the Victorian era as well as watched many movies. I think it's my favorite era because there is so much that's happening. There are great strides made in science and technology. Even if the invention didn't make sense or really help, that it had been thought of and developed is fascinating. That they used different means of powering their inventions - like steam, electricity, gas, coal, tessla... There's also more of a willingness to explore their surroundings, like the settlement of the American West.

That's all for now! :D

Thank you very much for all the questions! :)

#9 Laurenzo7321

Laurenzo7321

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 271 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

New message from your Secret Santa :D

*On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, two blazing bludgers, and a trio: Harry, Ron, Hermione!*

1. What position would you play on a Quidditch team and why?

2. What Trio member is your favourite to write about and why?

Thank you darling!

Secret Santa :D

Posted Image

#10 LilyEPotter

LilyEPotter

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

New message from your Secret Santa :D

*On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, two blazing bludgers, and a trio: Harry, Ron, Hermione!*

1. What position would you play on a Quidditch team and why?

That's a difficult decision! Trying to choose between Seeker and Chaser! I think I would choose Chaser. I think that the variety of plays that can be devised is interesting. Also, learning to work with two other people that seamlessly is challenging. :)

2. What Trio member is your favourite to write about and why?

My favorite Trio member to write about would be Hermione because with her studious nature and logical thinking, you can introduce a lot into the story without it looking odd. :) She also manages to keep the people around her focused on their goals though I don't think that neither Harry nor Ron ever used the schedule books that she got for them. :)

Thank you darling!

Secret Santa :D

Thank you!!!

:)

#11 Laurenzo7321

Laurenzo7321

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 271 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:18 AM

A message from your Secret Santa!

*On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, three Deathly Hallows, two blazing bludgers, and a trio: Harry, Ron, Hermione!*

1. What Hallow would you like to possess the most and why? (also included: why not the others?)
2. What's your favourite Quidditch moment in the books? In the movies?
3. Do you like how the Trio's lives turned out or would you have liked something (or many things) to be different?

Thank you darling!
Secret Santa

Posted Image

#12 -BookDinosaur-

-BookDinosaur-

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

Hi again! I was rereading some of your review responses and immediately thought of lots of questions, so here I am!

1. Sometimes you've mentioned that you'll put things down in your notes. What purpose do your notes serve?

2. How do you think your notes help you?

3. Why do you try to keep your canon the same throughout all your stories?

4. What do you think your patronus would be?

5. You've written about many characters - do you prefer writing about main canon characters or minor characters?

BookDinosaur - A proud RAVENCLAW :Ravenclaw: | Call me Emily!

bookdinosaursiggy_zps7dd4a0d7.png

Amy made this amazing siggy and it is the boss.

currently writing: (i must be dreaming), a oneshot about the little girl in the cave

Author Page (12+) | Review Thread (12+) | My MTA (12+)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#13 LilyEPotter

LilyEPotter

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:58 AM

A message from your Secret Santa!

*On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, three Deathly Hallows, two blazing bludgers, and a trio: Harry, Ron, Hermione!*

1. What Hallow would you like to possess the most and why? (also included: why not the others?)

This is a very difficult question. I find I'm divided between the Invisibility Cloak and the Resurrection Stone. It would be interesting to use the Resurrection Stone to learn more about your family history. Also, being able to say good-bye to loved ones when you didn't have the chance... Now that I think about it a little more, I would choose the Resurrection Stone.

The Invisibility Cloak would be interesting to have and use, but not very useful unless I have a career change. :) 

The one Hallow I'm certain I don't want would be the Elder Wand primarily because of its history. It would be difficult to ignore the wand's whispers as well as constantly guarding against those who want the wand.

2. What's your favourite Quidditch moment in the books? In the movies?

My favorite Quidditch moment in the books would be at the World Cup when Harry learns the Wronski Feint. In the movies, I would choose the moment when Harry managed to catch the Snitch even after getting hit by the Bludger.

3. Do you like how the Trio's lives turned out or would you have liked something (or many things) to be different?
On one hand, they paired up as I thought they would, though the naming of the next generation seemed slightly random. I think the job choices were ideal, even if they weren't specified in the epilogue. 

Thank you darling!
Secret Santa

Hi again! I was rereading some of your review responses and immediately thought of lots of questions, so here I am!

1. Sometimes you've mentioned that you'll put things down in your notes. What purpose do your notes serve?

My notes serve to remind me that I need to fix something for that chapter. It may still take time for me to figure out how to change the scene to fix what hadn't worked - like in "Choices That We Make" where you mentioned that Gawain Robards was too good and needed at least a flaw. That note is still there and I'm still trying to figure out how to change him to make him more 3D. :)

Of course, that means when I have revised the chapter and am happy with the results, then I erase the note. :) For example: At some point in the future, I will figure out how to portray a flaw in Gawain Robards while keeping him very professional as the Head Auror. I will then revise the chapter and erase the note from my file because it's been completed.

I came up with this method so that everything for the story is in one place. :)

2. How do you think your notes help you?

I think my notes help me in that it makes it easier to see if I have a glaring problem in my story. For example, if multiple people make the same observations. Those notes are worked first. If the observation or note deals with grammar or would pertain to the entire story, I can copy and paste it into my future chapters and hopefully fix the issue before posting the chapter itself. :)

3. Why do you try to keep your canon the same throughout all your stories?

I like it as a challenge. It's interesting seeing how I can weave the lives of the characters together. Take Melissa, from "Writing a Fairytale", she could actually be one of the two old witches that waved to Albus Dumbledore at Harry's trial in the 5th book. Perhaps Julia, from my other Victorian story, could be the other old witch. :) I've been reworking the timeline to "Choices That We Make" and I think it has a fairly interesting twist now. Of course, this twist will make it not follow canon precisely, but as I started writing it before the 7th book was released, the further I wrote, the harder it was to write. 

4. What do you think your patronus would be?

I think my Patronus would be... let's see... as of right now, I would believe it to be a budgie. :)

5. You've written about many characters - do you prefer writing about main canon characters or minor characters?

Actually, I like writing about both! 

It's a challenge to write the main canon characters because they are well defined. Choose a "What if" scenario and how does it turn out? What is it that they do? If they acted in a way you didn't anticipate, were they still true to themselves?

On the other hand, the minor characters aren't so well developed and therein lies the challenge. How do you develop them into a believable character? 

Thank you for all your questions!

#14 Laurenzo7321

Laurenzo7321

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 271 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:12 AM

Here with more from your secret Santa!

Ho ho ho!
I'm *baaaack*!

*On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, four Hogwarts houses, three Deathly Hallows, two blazing bludgers, and a trio: Harry, Ron, Hermione!*

So... I want to know:
1. What with these recent things of combining houses, are you a Gryffindor or a hybrid? (As in Gryffinpuff or Slytherdor or Gryffinclaw - this can be on websites or in your heart)
2. What do you think makes someone 'master of death?'
3. Who's your favourite Quidditch player?
4. Which of the Trio do you believe you resemble the most?

Thanks, doll!
Secret Santa!

Posted Image

#15 LilyEPotter

LilyEPotter

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

Here with more from your secret Santa!

Ho ho ho!
I'm *baaaack*!

*On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, four Hogwarts houses, three Deathly Hallows, two blazing bludgers, and a trio: Harry, Ron, Hermione!*

So... I want to know:
1. What with these recent things of combining houses, are you a Gryffindor or a hybrid? (As in Gryffinpuff or Slytherdor or Gryffinclaw - this can be on websites or in your heart)

I would have to say... Gryffinpuff. :) Both tests that I took (on this site and for Pottermore) put me in Hufflepuff. I still chose Gryffindor for here. :) 

2. What do you think makes someone 'master of death?'

This is something that I've been learning in my Aikido training. :) I've found that it's a difficult concept to learn, at least for me. To knowingly face death and still defend yourself or others... It's easy enough to say, but difficult when actually faced with 5 people attacking you at the same time. :) Or when facing another person who has a weapon and you're expected to disarm them. :)

You can't divide your attention in those situations. Of course, those situations are the ones that are least likely to happen, but the essence that you've learned does help in dealing with standing up for yourself and others or dealing with disagreements in such a way that brings harmony.

If it's difficult enough defending yourself against another person, then it's nearly impossible if you're having to defend yourself from yourself.

3. Who's your favourite Quidditch player?

I would say it would be Ginny. She was able to play two positions well and went on to play professionally, which meant she had to have been very good. :)

4. Which of the Trio do you believe you resemble the most?

I would say Hermione. When I find that I don't know something, I tend to look it up. Also following the rules... *sighs* It's fairly annoying, especially when others around you are ignoring the rules without consequences. *shakes head* 

Thanks, doll!
Secret Santa!

Thank you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users