• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

marauder5

My stories:

Novels:

19 years (15+)

Follows Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione and the Weasley family during the 19 years between the Battle of Hogwarts and the epilogue.

Novellas:

The Art of Divination (M)

With murder rates rising in GB, the new Head Auror hires a Seer and sets out to catch murderers before they get the chance to commit their crimes. Teddy Lupin, auror, is put in charge of the first assignment. But can he really afford to do what is asked of him? Can he afford not to?

Oneshots:

Narcissa's Choice (12+)

Narcissa Black is graduating from Hogwarts. Her next couple of choices will form her future. What will she choose? How will her family affect her choices? And who are the two surprise guests at her graduation?

Molly (12+)

Just hours after the birth of is first daughter, Percy introduces her to his parents for the first time. Looking at his little girl, he finally begins to understand his mother's love for her children, a realization that brings back the memory of the pain he once caused her.

Hello there! If there's anything you'd like to ask me or comment about, don't hesitate! I'll be happy to talk to you and discuss my stories and my writing :)

Edited by stargazer, 05 April 2013 - 06:02 PM.
topic titles must be your author name

(sig & icon by Sammich@TDA!)
888_515d7f68ddf2b337d464e379.png

my stories (12+) 

meet the author (12+)

#2 UnluckyStar57

UnluckyStar57

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

Hello!!  Ooh, I see that I'm the first one to reply to this topic, and that makes me special!! :)

So, to continue in the spirit of special-ness, I shall now ask you several special questions that will hopefully make you feel special, too! :D

(I'm just a little strange...  I promise.)

Now for the questions:

1.  I've been reading and reviewing your story, The Art of Divination.  I think it's really fantastic, and what I want to know is:  Where did you get the idea for it?

2.  Continuing in that same vein, approximately when do you think the incident that made Harry retire from his Head Auror job will be revealed?  I'm really curious about that, as you've seen in some of my reviews.  :)

3.  What is your favorite sort of fruit?

4.  What makes a character come alive for you?

5.  If you could be any animal, what would you be, and why?

6.  Given the opportunity, would you publish a book?

7.  What are some of your favorite television shows at the moment?

8.  How do you cope with writer's block?

9.  How long have you been writing (not necessarily fanfiction, just in general)?

Aaaaaannnndddd...

10.  Do you know the Muffin Man? :)

I ask silly questions, I guess, but I hope that you enjoy answering them!  I can't wait to hear back from you. :D

~UnluckyStar57

Author Page (15+)

#3 marauder5

marauder5

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

Hello! Well, that does makes you special, and thanks for making me special too, haha :D

Strange is good, in my opinion ;) And now to the questions...

1. The idea for The Art of Divination actually came to me when I was on a school trip to Berlin. We went by bus (I live in Sweden) which took us quite a while, and to entertain ourselves, me and my friend started making up movie plots and telling them to each other. I had the idea of a man being convicted for the murder of his wife, while she is still alive, you know like "Yeah, we know that you haven't murdered her. But you are going to." During the long bus ride home, the thought of the story taking place in the HP world hit me. And then, for some reason, it was obvious to me that it would be about Teddy, and that the wife would be Dominique. Sorry for the long answer, haha :)

2. You're actually the one who made me include it in the plot, so thank you for that! It probably won't be revealed until the second-to-last chapter, so I'm sorry, it seems you have to wait a while before you find out. I really hope you'll like it, though...

3. Hm, my favourite fruit? My initial thought was pear, but I think I will have to go with something a bit more exotic. I think it's a tie between pineapple and clementine! (During winter, a.k.a. the clementine season, I can probably eat four or five in a day :D)

4. What makes a character come alive... I think it is when they have some depth to them, for example, a vilain who isn't completely evil, and who has a reason for becoming evil (for example, Voldemort wasn't loved as a child, and he grew up hating Muggles because it was a Muggle who 'took his mother from him'. I also really like when a person isn't all good or all evil - I want the good ones to be flawed (for example Dumbledore or Ron) and the bad ones to have some good sides (like the Malfoys or Snape). So basically, every character that JKR has ever written (which is why I love them so much!!)

5. I think I'd be a bird. I'd really enjoy being able to fly :D

6. Yes, I definitely would. My dream would be to become an author one day, and one of my life goals is to write a real novel... My Mum has the same dream, but she says she'll do it when she retires. Maybe I will too? :)

7. I love humour series! My favourites are New Girl, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, and Glee. Also, in terms of other genres, I've recently started watching Grey's Anatomy (I never really gave it a chance before), and I'm really enjoying it so far! :)

8. Writer's block... such a nightmare, isn't it? I don't think I've had a really bad case of it yet since I joined HPFF in the end of December, but of course I've experienced it. I currently have to WIP:s, and when I get stuck with one, I work on the other for a while until inspiration returns. However, I tend to have so many ideas and plot bunnies that I just plan the chapters before I write them, so I won't forget all my ideas, and thus, the writing process flows pretty easily at most times ;) My advice to anyone with writer's block would be to just take a break and work on something else for a little while, because you can't force it.

9. All my life, basically. Ever since I learned how to write, I've been making up fairy tales and little stories, and I've tied paper together and made little books out of them, with my own illustration (my Mum found a whole bunch of them when she cleaned the attic last year). I guess I've just always enjoyed it. As for fanfiction, I began writing my first at the end of last year.

10. Yes I know the muffin man, who lives in... Hm. I completely forgot how it ended. Oh well... :)

Thank you for your questions, some of them made me think, and some of them made me smile :D I really enjoyed answering them, and I hope I've given you satisfying answers!!

Edited by marauder5, 22 June 2013 - 09:14 AM.

my stories (12+) 

meet the author (12+)

#4 Hufflepuff_Blitz

Hufflepuff_Blitz

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

Hey! 

A couple thoughts to figuratively pick your brain.

1. So I am assuming you read goblet of fire.... What did you think of the other schools after finishing the book? I know at the beginning i couldn't stand them but at the end I felt completely different.
  2. Which do you like better ... Hogsmede or Diagon Alley 
  3. What is your favorite subject at Hogwarts and what is your least favorite?
  4. Last but not least where do you stand on the house elf liberation front?

souved.png

#5 marauder5

marauder5

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

Hi! Well, I certainly hope it's figuratively... ;) Thanks for your questions, and here come my answers:

1. Well, there's no place like Hogwarts... I didn't like them at first, either, because I didn't exactly like Fleur, and then there was Karkaroff at Durmstrang and Krum, who was also acting a bit shady. But I guess I warmed up to them a little :) However, like I said, I don't LOVE them the way I love Hogwarts :)

2. That's a tricky one... I'd love to be able to visit Hogsmeade, but then again, Diagon Alley has so much to offer... I think I like Diagon Alley more, for two reasons: remember the part in the Prizoner from Azkaban when Harry stays at the Leaky Cauldron? When I read it for the first time when I was younger, he seemed to be living in paradise, and I really wanted to be there too! The other reason is Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes!!!

3. My favourite would probably be Charms or DADA. My least favourite...? I think it would be Herbology. I just don't see the fun in it, for some reason.

4. Being a Hufflepuff, I believe in fairness and equality, so of course, I would have joined Hermione in her action against the wizarding version of slavery! I do think that house-elves should get to keep their jobs, since they love it, but they should be treated better!!

Thanks for those questions, I had a lot of fun answering them :D

my stories (12+) 

meet the author (12+)

#6 Lululuna

Lululuna

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 537 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

I have questions! :D

1. Your story '19 Years' is so great, especially with its accordance to canon. What are the challenges and highlights of writing Post-Hogwarts era? Do you find it easier to write stories more similar to canon (like '19 Years') or ones like 'The Art of Divination,' in which the characters are mostly original? How do you balance between writing both of them?

2. Which is your favourite canon character to write, and who do you find the hardest? Do you prefer writing male characters - like Teddy - or female characters, like Hermione and Ginny?

3. Is there a genre/era/character that you haven't written yet, but really want to try? Do you see any more WIPs in the near future?

4. How did you get started writing fan fiction, and on HPFF? What is the best part of writing fan fiction for you?

5. If you could have one specific animal (i.e. Hedwig, Norbert...) from the HP series as a pet, who would you choose?

Hope you have fun answering these! :) <3

Camp NaNo: 57,588/60,000. Coming Soon: Sevenfold, a murder mystery.

sevenfoldsig_zps6fec6171.png

Author Page [M]||Amazing set by catharsis at TDA.

#7 marauder5

marauder5

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

Yay! I have answers for you :D

1. First of all, I'm so glad that you like the story! Thank you for being such an amazing reader :D Now to your questions: I think that one of the biggest challenges is staying true to everything in the books while still coming up with something new. But that's also one of the perks, if that makes sense. It's difficult, because we don't know what happens or how these characters develop, but that also gives me a lot of freedom, which is great! The best part about writing '19 years' is that I'm filling the gap in my own head between the last chapter and the epilogue! I think it's easier to write canon, actually, because I feel like I know the characters when I start. When I write something more original, like 'The Art of Divination,' I have to get to know them from scratch, so it takes a little more work. But I enjoy both! :)

2. My favourite is either Mrs Weasley or Ron - I can't pick one, I'm sorry ;) I find Luna the hardest, which is sad, because she's such a lovely character! She'll appear in '19 years' later on, and I really want to do her justice... But we'll see about that, haha ;) In general, I think I prefer writing male characters (for some reason that I can't explain) but when it comes to inner thoughts etc., I prefer female characters (probably because I imagine that males think in a different way - don't ask me why!)

3. I'd like to write a Marauder's fic, but as of right now, I have no ideas for one. I have so many unwritten stories in my head though - I've actually got a folder on my computer with just ideas for future WIP:s. (One of them is an Astoria/Draco, but how can I do that now that I ship her with Terry? ;) ) However, since I don't want to have too many WIP:s at one, I have to finish 'The Art of Divination' first!

4. It was last summer, actually, that I was browsing the internet and came across a HP fan fiction site. I began reading, and I felt like it healed the wounds in me since the series ended. So I decided to write one of my own, and I wrote a scene with Harry waking up in the middle of the night to his son's crying, and then he went up to just hold him for a while and he thought of his parents. It wasn't that good, but that's how I decided to write the story of how he got there - i.e. '19 years'. I didn't plan on ever posting it at the time, but then I just decided to join HPFF and try it out. I definitely don't regret it! I just love that this site exists!

5. I think I would want Fawkes. He'd never die (one of my worst memories from being little was when our cat was run over :( ) and he's just awesome in every way possible. He helps Harry out so many times, he's just so brave! Yes, I'd really like to have him :D

Thank you for your questions, dear! :D <3 

my stories (12+) 

meet the author (12+)

#8 HeyMrsPotter

HeyMrsPotter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

1. In 19 years, what made you decide to break Harry and Ginny up?
2. Your stories are all very cannon. Do you have a favourite none cannon ship?
3. Who is your favourite character to write?
4. Where on earth did the inspiration for the gnome story come from?!

ofa5bc.png

Banner and profile image by maskedmuggle@HPFF
Author Page (M) Meet The Author (12+)

#9 marauder5

marauder5

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

1. In 19 years, what made you decide to break Harry and Ginny up?
2. Your stories are all very cannon. Do you have a favourite none cannon ship?
3. Who is your favourite character to write?
4. Where on earth did the inspiration for the gnome story come from?!

1. I just felt like breaking them up would make a better story, and it would also make it more believable. Not many couples get together at 17 and stay together forever, and I wanted to make it a bit more realistic. Also, I felt like neither one of them really knew how to deal with "normal" relationships problems, since they've been quite busy with another kind of problem all of their lives (especially Harry). So I didn't think they would handle it very well. But they are my favourite couple in the series, so I think we all know how it will end :)

2. I'm somewhat of a canon freak, actually. For that reason, I hate ships like Hermione/Draco etc. So, a non Canon ship that I like... well, I don't know if you've read The Girl from Slytherin by Lululuna (but you should because it's pure brilliance!!!!), but it's an Astoria Greengrass/Terry Boot pairing that is just so good! Also, I would say that Neville/Hannah is the canon one, so I suppose Neville/Luna then, if that's not cheating on the question ;) I like the idea of them together!

3. I have the most fun writing Ron, because I think he is such a lovely character. He always means well in what he does, but he's also flawed, which I think makes him more interesting than for example Harry. So yeah, he's my favourite (although I've been quite mean to him in '19 years' lately...)

4. Haha, this is a good question! I was actually writing the George and Angelina wedding chapter, and I love adding small, insignificant details to my stories, like Mr Weasley rubbing the window in the last minute after noticing a spot, and having a gnome choir interrupting the band when the ceremony begins. So I had just written that gnome part of the wedding chapter when I tried to think of a plot for the House Cup story... I guess it just came to me because the gnomes were still all in my head! I just thought: what if one of them sneaks into their suitcase and go with them on their honeymoon? That's a weird plot, but why not? So that's how that happened ;)

Thank you so much for your questions! I've really enjoyed answering them :D

my stories (12+) 

meet the author (12+)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users