First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hi, I'm Taylor!

Some random facts about me:

1. I'm hopelessly addicted to caffeine.

2. My current job involves chasing children around and trying to teach them to tumble.

3. I got very excited over the alliterative qualities of that last sentence.

4. If it doesn't move, I've probably monogrammed it.

5. I have an borderline unhealthy obsession with Harry Potter. (But then again, who on this site doesn't?)

My Stories:

Novels:

Complicated [M]

Instinctual [M]

Tale as Old as Time [M]

One-shots:

Childhood Dreams [12+]

Never Too Late [12+]

Ask away! I'd love to answer your questions!  :)

Edited by stargazer, 13 April 2013 - 06:02 PM.

:Gryffindor:  Taylor.  :Gryffindor:

SIGHC_zps75419e63.gif

Icon and signature by Elenia @ TDA

Author Page [12+ to M] | Review Thread [12+] | MTA [12+]

#2 nott theodore

nott theodore

nott a prefect anymore

• 642 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

Hi Taylor!

1. I know you originally started off writing a lot of next gen fluff, but have recently expanded into different genres and eras.  What provoked that change in direction?

2. I've been particularly enjoying Look Again - which of the characters in this was hardest to write and why?  Which was the easiest?

3. Are you more drawn to the 'darker' or 'lighter' characters in canon?  

4. Is there one of your stories that you feel deserves more attention than it gets?

nano word count: 50,191/50,000

11t360m.png

Set by anyroad @ TDA

my stories [12+] my mta [12+]

#3 shazalupin

shazalupin

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

Hey there, got some questions! :)

Snapshots:

1) What gave you the idea to split it up between present and flashback?

2) Did you always know that was how it was going to end or was there another scenario planned?

A Peculiarity of Sorts:

1) How did you get the idea of them meeting on a train?

2) You write Luna so well, do you find her easy to write or more of a challenge?

General:

1) Your author's page is very varied but is there any ship/genere/character you prefer to write?

TBBBWHAPABYHDBWNHPWHT!

0cVcYuC.png

Signature by socal @ TDA and icon by amoretti. @ TDA!

Stories // MTA // (All links 12+)

#4 ShadowRose

ShadowRose

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

Oh whoa, I have questions! For some reason this page got unfollowed so I didn't get a notification! :p

nott theodore

1. I think a lot of it was a conscious effort at first. I knew that next-gen fluff was my comfort zone, and I really wanted to write some things that challenged that - thus, my short story collection Look Again was born. After that, though, I realised that I enjoyed writing in different eras and genres, and it started coming more naturally to write things that didn't fit in my original comfort zone. Someday, although I don't know when, I really want to attempt some Marauder's Era things, although I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do it justice!

2. I'm glad you've liked Look Again! I think the hardest to write is a tie between Draco and Rodolphus. For Draco, it was harder to get into his character at first, but once I did, writing it became a lot easier. For Rodolphus, I knew exactly how I wanted to characterise him, but it was harder to get that into a cohesive chapter. The easiest was Fenrir, by far. I don't know why I connected with him so quickly, but that chapter really flowed effortlessly.

3. Oh gosh, it's definitely a toss-up. I really love the darker characters, because they're so much fun to explore and so many of them are more complex than they originally seem. Bellatrix is one of my favourites - she's so twisted and crazy! There are some lighter characters I love too - the twins, Luna, and for some odd reason, Colin Creevey. I really want to write something about him, for some strange reason.

4. The story that I'm most proud of is actually a one-shot called Snapshots. It won a challenge, so that's definitely some attention, but I really do look at this story as my best work and I love every single review I get on it because they just make me smile like an idiot.

shazalupin

Snapshots:

1. I honestly don't know where I got the idea to split up the story. The primary idea that I got for the story was that it would be told by different photographs that showed the progression of their relationship, and when I went to write it, that structure just kind of happened.

2. I always knew how it was going to end. There was actually a point that I considered changing it because I was getting too attached to Hugo to let it end the way that it did, but I knew that the story needed to end like that to achieve the desired effect (and to fit my given quote).

A Peculiarity of Sorts:

1. The train things kind of happened on a whim. At first I decided that I wanted to write something Luna-centric, and then I decided that I wanted to write about how she met Rolf. I knew it had to be travel-themed, and after that, the train incident came together because I just had this image of Luna skipping up to a train station in bright flashy colours against the grey rainy background.

2. I'm so happy you thought I wrote Luna well! Luna was definitely a challenge, and I almost gave up on writing from her point-of-view because it's so hard to capture her airy personality and still drive a story forward at the same time. I'm glad you thought I did a good job of it though - that was definitely something I was nervous about.

General:

1. Well for starters, I definitely lean more towards canon pairings than to Dramiones and Snilys. I like next-gen pairings the best because there's a lot of freedom in what you can do with their characters, since we only meet them in the epilogue, and a lot can change in your teenage years! I like romance, although I can't decide whether I prefer humourous romances or angsty romances more. I love the action/adventure genre as well, but I haven't really written anything in that genre yet. Maybe if I get a good plunny...

Thanks so much to both of you for the questions! :)

:Gryffindor:  Taylor.  :Gryffindor:

SIGHC_zps75419e63.gif

Icon and signature by Elenia @ TDA

Author Page [12+ to M] | Review Thread [12+] | MTA [12+]

#5 nott theodore

nott theodore

nott a prefect anymore

• 642 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:56 AM

Hi again, Taylor!  I've now read your one-shot Snapshots for our exchange, and I've got some more questions for you!

1. What gave you the idea for the story?

2. Were the characters of Anslee or Hugo inspired by anyone you know?

3. Looking at your AP, I've noticed that most of your stories are post-Hogwarts or next gen - do you think you'll ever write a story set in another era?

4. Do you prefer writing about canon characters or OCs?

5. Which of the characters you've written do you like the most?

And... I'm done for now! :bye:

nano word count: 50,191/50,000

11t360m.png

Set by anyroad @ TDA

my stories [12+] my mta [12+]

#6 MyMyMiss

MyMyMiss

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

Hi Taylor, I have a few questions about your writing style and different characters/genre your create! 

1: how did you develop the idea for Instinctual? 
2: I noticed a lot of your stories are about sorrow/loss of a loved one or grief, do you find this particular genre enjoyable to write? or do the plunnies just come to you? :)
3: What you enjoy writing more - next generation, Hogwarts pre/post-Hogwarts? 
4: Out of all your stories, which have you enjoyed writing the most, and why? 
5: Which story have you ever found the hardest to write, and why? Was the Era hard,did your characterization not plan out how you pictured them - explain (:

{Stories 15+}

TLEqQzU.png

Set by the amazing anyroad.

#7 monstrosity

monstrosity

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

Hi!

1. Which character in the entire series (including non canon) is your favourite to write about? Why?

2. Do you have a specific time when you love to write or is it whenever you can?

3. Do you prefer writing stories by hand or typing them up?

Bear&Fox @TDA

rs5xuc.png

HPFF (12+)

#8 ScarletEye158

ScarletEye158

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

Hi Taylor! I have a few questions for ya! :)

1. Who is your favorite character? Do you like writing them or reading about them better?

2. Are you a big fan of cannon or would you rather make up stuff?

3. What is your favorite Era and why? I've noticed you have quite a few different stories from different Eras while most of mine are just Next. Gen :p

4. How long does it usually take you to complete a chapter from start to finish?

that's all for now! Hope you have a lovely weekend <3 

2wnb5dv_zpsb7e00da0.png

amazing set by Azulive@TDA! <3 

Amanda (12+) | My Stories (12+) | MTA (12+)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users