27 replies to this topic

#1 HeyMrsPotter

HeyMrsPotter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Hello! This is my meet the author (MTA) thread. Feel free to ask me anything and I'll reply as soon as possible!

hu4kgi.png

Banner and profile image by the wonderful Slytherinchica08
Author Page (M) Meet The Author (12+)

#2 Hufflepuff_Blitz

Hufflepuff_Blitz

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

Hi!
So I have a couple questions.

• What is your favorite pairing?
  • What are your favorite subjects at Hogwarts? 
  • and Who is your favorite Professor at Hogwarts?

-puffy

souved.png

#3 HeyMrsPotter

HeyMrsPotter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

Hi!
So I have a couple questions.

• What is your favorite pairing?
  • What are your favorite subjects at Hogwarts? 
  • and Who is your favorite Professor at Hogwarts?
-puffy

Hello!

My favourite cannon pairing would have to be Ron/hermione, mostly because my partner and I had a similar start to our relationship, he was my best friend for ages though we always both wanted more. I adore how naive Ron is and I think they balance each other out perfectly. Non-canon would be Draco/Hermione, just because I think he would change drastically after the war and Hermione would encourage that new side of him. I think there's a fine line between love and hate and these two are the perfect example of that.

My favourite subject to learn would definitely be charms, I think it's got endless possibilities and just seems so much fun!

Out of all the Professors in all of the books my absolutely favourite is Lupin. He was the best DAtDA teacher, like a father figure to Harry, he was a fun, a little mischievous (the bogart Snape springs to mind, and a marauder to boot! I love that he was so brave about being a werewolf, he didn't feel sorry for himself at all and it didn't stop him from wanting to work. Plus he taught Harry to cast a spell that saved his life on numerous occasions. What's not to love :)

Thanks for asking :D

hu4kgi.png

#4 blackballet

blackballet

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

Hello there!

I just wanted to know what your writing process is like. Do you listen to music? Do you sit outside, etc, etc?  :happy:

#5 HeyMrsPotter

HeyMrsPotter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

Hello there!

I just wanted to know what your writing process is like. Do you listen to music? Do you sit outside, etc, etc?  :happy:

Hello!

Generally I find that story ideas pop into my head at random times, like 3am when insomnia strikes! I find that music distracts me so I tend to sit in a quiet room when I write. I write my stories by hand first in a really jumbled order and then transfer them to the laptop to put them in the right order. If I'm writing a chapter or a one-shot I'm very all or nothing, so if I start to write something then I HAVE to finish it in one sitting. Hope that answered your question :) Thanks for asking!

hu4kgi.png

#6 Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

Hi! Just a couple questions for you.

1- What is you favorite genre?

2- What inspired you to write fanfiction?

3- Where do you get your ideas from?

4- If you had a chance to meet a character from Harry Potter who would it be and why? :bye:

My hpff(M) My MTA

secrets.png

signature and avatar by socal @ tda

#7 HeyMrsPotter

HeyMrsPotter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

Hi! Just a couple questions for you.

1- What is you favorite genre?

2- What inspired you to write fanfiction?

3- Where do you get your ideas from?

4- If you had a chance to meet a character from Harry Potter who would it be and why? :bye:

Hello! Thanks for stopping by!

1. My favourite genre is definitely romance, I love lighthearted and fluffy stories to read and write. I think romance always provides an easy read, no matter what mood I'm in, If I'm in a bad mood it cheers me up and if I'm in a good mood it makes it better!

2. I'm not entirely sure, a facebook page I like posted a chunk of fanfiction on it's page and linked to HPFF and that was the first I'd ever heard of fanfiction. I was completely hooked and read hundreds of stories and found myself thinking 'I wish there was a story where this happened...' a lot and then realised that I could write them, it took me forever to pluck up the courage to post though.

3. My ideas generally come from reading the HP series, sometimes I'll get to a point in the books and an idea will just come to me for a fic. Lately though, a lot of my inspiration has come from the challenges section on the forums, I enter way too many but the ideas always come so easily when I'm given my quote/character etc.

4. This is easy, I would have to say Luna. She's just absolutely fascinating, she's got a really unique way of thinking and is so optimistic, not to mention intelligent, loyal and just hilarious. She's exactly the sort of person I'd love to have as a friend. Great question by the way!

Thanks for asking :D

hu4kgi.png

#8 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

Hey Dee!

I have some questions up my sleeve as well...

1. When did you first start writing?

2. Favourite story on the archives?

3. Do you ship any pair outside of Harry Potter?

4. You're a mother if I'm correct...? How do you balance both family and writing?

That's it for now :D Have fun answering!

Nadia :)

ieJcLLA.png  wPsOfwQ.png  hrxnCfh.png

icons by bloodstream7@lj

I write stuff sometimes. {15+ to M}      

For you, a thousand times over.[12+]

whoa, questions. [12+]

#9 HeyMrsPotter

HeyMrsPotter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

Hey Dee!

I have some questions up my sleeve as well...

1. When did you first start writing?

2. Favourite story on the archives?

3. Do you ship any pair outside of Harry Potter?

4. You're a mother if I'm correct...? How do you balance both family and writing?

That's it for now :D Have fun answering!

Nadia :)

Hi Nadia! I'm feeling very popular right now haha!

1. I first started writing about a year ago, so I'm still relatively new. I've only ever written Harry Potter fanfiction and it took me ages to pluck up the courage to post my stories.

2. Ooh this is a toughy, there are so many! I guess that depends on what mood I'm in. There's a Draco/Hermione fic called 'Seven Moments in Time' which was one of the first I ever read on the archives, it's unfinished but the author has promised it's not been abandoned, I've read and re-read the chapters that are up far too many times! That's probably my favourite if I'm in a dramione kind of mood. I have to say 19 Years by marauder5 is joint favourite though, as the title suggests it's basically a filling in the gaps story of the years between the end of the war and JKR's epilogue, it's superb in terms of it's canon-ness.

3. Outside of Harry Potter I'm a huge Doctor Who fan, though I avoid the fanfiction because it's just lacking the magic that the TV show brings. I'm a huge Doctor/River Song shipper though! I'm not sure if you watch it but there are a lot of people who ship The Doctor and Clara because the actors who play them have great chemistry but I much prefer him and River :) (Also, if you don't watch it you definitely should!!)

4. You are indeed correct, I have a beautiful little girl. I tend to do most of my writing during the evening when she's in bed or naptimes! She spends some time with her Grandmother too so I write bits then :)

Thanks for asking <3

hu4kgi.png

#10 nott theodore

nott theodore

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 432 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:18 AM

Hey, Mrs Potter!  (:shy: I'm sorry, I've wanted to say that for ages... hi, Dee!)

1. What is it that you love about Dramione as a pairing?

2. How long have you been reading FF?

3. Once you finish your current WIP, do you have plans for another?

4. Have you ever started writing a story and found that it turned out completely differently to what you expected?

5. How much time do you spend writing each week?  Do you put aside a set amount of time, or just write when you have inspiration?

6. If you could have one item from the HP universe, what would it be and why?

I look forward to your answers! :D

25yyfjl.png

Icon and signature by Violet@TDA

My stories [12+] My MTA [12+]

#11 HeyMrsPotter

HeyMrsPotter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

Hey, Mrs Potter!  (:shy: I'm sorry, I've wanted to say that for ages... hi, Dee!)

1. What is it that you love about Dramione as a pairing?
2. How long have you been reading FF?
3. Once you finish your current WIP, do you have plans for another?
4. Have you ever started writing a story and found that it turned out completely differently to what you expected?
5. How much time do you spend writing each week?  Do you put aside a set amount of time, or just write when you have inspiration?
6. If you could have one item from the HP universe, what would it be and why?

I look forward to your answers! :D

Hello Sian, you've been busy on the MTA threads I see :p

1. Ah Dramione, they're my guilty pleasure. I like that they're not canon, JKR's writing is amazing and I'm 100% happy with the Epilogue but the beauty of fanfiction is that it offers something different and Draco/Hermione certainly is! I think, when they're written well, they have good chemistry and I think Hermione would be the first of the trio to recognise the small changes he was making toward the end of the war and I like reading how that might continue :)

2. I've been reading fanfiction for almost two years now but have only been a member of the archives for about eight months.

3. I do actually, which surprised me. When I finished my first multi-chapter it took me a while to start a new one and I filled in the gaps writing one shots mostly for challenge entries. I've still got about 3/4 chapters left of Memory Lane which is my current WIP and I'm already planning my next one!

4. Good question! I have actually, I'm following 19 years by Marauder5 and though its far from finished its already not as I was expecting, if you haven't read it there's a big Harry/Ginny plot twist that I was NOT expecting at all!

5. I think my writing varies from week to week. I don't like to set time aside as my muse always decides to go on hiatus if I do that ;) I tend to find my writing is a little all or nothing, if I'm inspired to write I have to do it as soon as possible and I have to write the entire chapter first draft, I can't just write a sentence or paragraph then leave it. Some weeks I'll have a couple days where I write a chapter every day and then I can go a week where I write nothing. I never know which sort of week it will be!

6. Another good question! This is so tricky, I'd say a wand but being a muggle (sigh) I know it wouldn't work. I guess it would have to be a time turner, if only to spend an extra hour in bed in the morning ;) I'm a terrible procrastinator so I think it would come in very handy!!

Thanks for the questions Sian, I had fun answering them!

hu4kgi.png

#12 CrazyAsASnakeSillyAsALion

CrazyAsASnakeSillyAsALion

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

Hey there! :) I figured I would return the amazing favor- and well talk to the coolest Dee I know!

1. How in the world do you stick to one story for so long?!

2. If you received detention in Hogwarts what would it most likely be for? And what would be the worst form of punishment?

3. If you were made Minister of Magic what would be the craziest law you would try to pass?

4. If Dramione was illegal what ship would you change too most likely?

5. What is the craziest Crossover you have ever seen? 

0b547b0f4d1f1a95da3edf53b3961892.jpg

Second Star to the Right, Straight on till Morning...

#13 HeyMrsPotter

HeyMrsPotter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

Hey there! :) I figured I would return the amazing favor- and well talk to the coolest Dee I know!

1. How in the world do you stick to one story for so long?!

2. If you received detention in Hogwarts what would it most likely be for? And what would be the worst form of punishment?

3. If you were made Minister of Magic what would be the craziest law you would try to pass?

4. If Dramione was illegal what ship would you change too most likely?

5. What is the craziest Crossover you have ever seen? 

Hello! I was excited to see you had left some questions :D

1. I honestly don't know! I think it's possibly because I am atrocious at endings or conclusions of any sort, I have been since my days of essay writing at school so I figure the longer I stretch out a story the more I can avoid an ending haha!

2. Good question! It would definitely be for being out of bed after curfew! I did that on a school trip to china and got in so much trouble for it! The worst form of punishment would probably be a cleaning one, like the ones Ron always got. I'd love if I was sent into the forbidden forest with Hagrid!

3. These questions are brilliant! This is a tough one though...I think I'd have something like national House Elf day in honor of Dobby where all wizards had to follow their orders for a change XD

4. *gasp*! No dramione?! This isn't something I've admitted to before but I think it would be Harry/Luna :D I love that he was so nice to her and that she was the only person he could relate to in OotP. She's my favourite character in the entire series :)

5. Ummm I don't tend to read crossovers but I have read one which was Snape and the Teletubbies...it was disturbing and terrifying.

Thanks for asking!!

hu4kgi.png

#14 Mistress

Mistress

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

Hi there!

1. Do you have a time of year you get the most writing done?

2. Which HP character you have never written?

3. Which HP character can you not get enough of writing?

4. Favorite spots to write?

5. What never fails to give you the inspiration to put words on the page?

#15 HeyMrsPotter

HeyMrsPotter

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

Hi there!

1. Do you have a time of year you get the most writing done?

2. Which HP character you have never written?

3. Which HP character can you not get enough of writing?

4. Favorite spots to write?

5. What never fails to give you the inspiration to put words on the page?

Hello! What good questions :D

1. I don't have a time of year as such but I definitely get more writing done during the school holidays (I'm a teacher :D) so if I had to pick a time it would be summer as its the longest!

2. In terms of main characters I've avoided writing any of the Death Eaters, Bellatrix/Lucius etc. Any of the 'evil' characters because I find it hard to get into their ways of thinking, I guess I'm too nice ;) it's something I'd love to attempt one day but I worry I wouldn't do them any justice.

3. Hermione, definitely! I can relate to her so much being a bit bookish and having a male best friend (like Harry) and being in a relationship with someone who was once another male best friend (like Ron) I think she's an excellent character and role model but not without her flaws.

4. Generally I like to sit in my living room by the window to write. It's comfy and I like to spy on my neighbours ;)

5. Reading Harry Potter! I'll often pick up one of the books and open it at a random page if I'm lacking inspiration and it never takes long to strike.

Thanks so much for the questions :D

hu4kgi.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users