Completed Novel:

Before They Fall Mature

Join me on a heart warming and soul splitting
journey. Fall in love with Lily and James as they learn to find each
other in a world of chaos. Watch as our infamous Marauders prepare to
leave their legacy at Hogwarts and step from the gates of safety into
the middle of the first wizarding war.

Book one of two

The first chapter of As Darkness Descends, sequel to Before They Fall, will be posted August 17th!

I also have an assortment of one shots, shot stories, and a short story collection!

If you have any questions about my stories, ask away!

Edited by Jchrissy, 02 August 2013 - 07:26 PM.

Posted Image

As Darkness Descends(M)

Perfect set by heartfelt. @ TDA

#2 ValWitch21

ValWitch21

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

First!

1. What were your sources of inspiration for Before they Fall and what inspired you to write it?

2. Did you ever imagine it would be as successful as it is?

3. Why do you like Fleur so much?

4. Why do you dislike Snape? (This is your occasion for that essay you promised)

5. Is there a character you're planning to write one day?

6. What is the title of book two (if you're allowed to tell me, of course)?

7. Any ideas for your future stories?

8. What attracts you to the Marauders?

9. What inspires you when you write your (absolutely insane and brilliant) Bellatrix?

10. What do you find most difficult to write?

11. What got you writing in the first place?

12. Do you include people you know in your stories?

13. Will your puppy ever star in one of your fics? :p

14. Which cliché(s) do you hate the most?

:hug:

Edited by ValWitch21, 25 February 2013 - 07:15 PM.

1272740_original_zps5949f16c.png 1272388_original_zpsad123ff3.png1273593_original_zpsa0763254.png

icons found here [15+ just to be on the safe side]

BACK FROM HIATUS, SLOWLY UPDATING AGAIN.

#3 TheHouseElf

TheHouseElf

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

He heh, *evil face*

Ah, Val nicked most of the questions I was going to ask, hmph

1. Why do love Jily so much?
  2. Tea, coffee or hot chocolate? (Your answer will determine the future of our friendship :p)
  3. Has anything that you've ever written happened to you in real life?
  4. After you finish Before They Fall, will you start a new main project, or finish the series first?
  5. Do you plan everything that you write or just go with the flow?
  6. What genre do you prefer to read?
  7. What genre do you prefer to write?

I think that's it for now :p

I be Aisha. Milady@TDA

30rpb8l.jpg
Gallery|Author's Page|Cluedo[M]| MTA
Page

#4 Jchrissy

Jchrissy

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 690 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Hi, Val! :wub: Thanks for stopping by my new MTA page!!!

1. What were your sources of inspiration for Before they Fall and what inspired you to write it?

I'm terrible at answering 'what inspired it' type of questions :p But mainly I wanted to read a marauders era story where: it focused on Lily and James, but included a lot about the friends as well; the war played a large part; Peter and Remus weren't background characters; Lily and James truly seemed like they fell in love, and not like they started dating because it was convenient. And I'm sure they're are plenty of those on this site, but I just got impatient at looking and decided to try my own :p.

2. Did you ever imagine it would be as successful as it is?

Wow, I don't know if I've ever heard someone refer to it as successful! Now I want to hug you! I never imagined I'd have a handful of people reading and reviewing every chapter, so that's really, really exciting to me. And it seems crazy that I've made it to the 20 chapter mark! I don't think I'd be writing nearly as fast though if I didn't have the awesome people like you who come back to read new chapters :wub:

3. Why do you like Fleur so much?

Hahaha. Okay. Fleur is just... we get glimpses of how complex she is in the books, and then she's portrayed in so many FF's as this brainless woman who's living life on her looks. And that really irritates me because, despite the fact that she is beautiful and can be overly blunt, she's still loyal, intelligent, tough, and committed. She marries a man after he's attacked, knowing that the attacks probably won't stop. Now that's guts. She doesn't let his family openly disliking her take away from her love for him, and I just think she has a lot of really admirable qualities :wub:.

4. Why do you dislike Snape? (This is your occasion for that essay you promised)

Okay. You asked for it :p

I've read stories that I really do like Severus. Pixileanin's Until We Close Our Eyes For Good, TenthWeasley's In The Red... I like Severus when he's written like that. But in both of these stories, and the others I've liked him in, he's in love with another woman. That right there takes the part of him out that I hate so much. I will never believe Snape was truly in love with Lily. I think he was obsessed with her. He had the chance to make things right. After he called her a Mudblood and then apologized, he still wouldn't give up his friendships with the Death Eater prospects. He chose them over Lily. He was okay with allying himself with people that wanted to kill her. Maybe not her exactly, but people who had the same blood as her. And then, after she's killed, he breaks down. At that point, she died with her husband at the hand of his master. That's going to be traumatic. He realized that he was never going to get her. I think that whatever clicked over inside him was way past love and into an unhealthy obsession. It prompted him to do very good things like commit himself to the Order, and he was absolutely a hero for the life he led after that.

But, he bullied her son. He couldn't stand the idea that this infant survived and not Lily, he'd have rather seen a baby dead and not her. He couldn't stand looking at a man who resembled the one that took Lily away. So he treated Harry terribly. He treated Neville even worse for the same reasons. Neville lived. If Voldemort would have chose him, Lily would still be alive. The way he acted doesn't scream undying love to me, it screams that this man was obsessed with a woman to the degree that he hated everything that reminded him of the fact that he never got to have her.

So, all my Snape hating really revolves around his attachment to Lily. When that's taken away, and he's turned into a character that can fall in love with another girl (Like in In The Red and Until We Close Our Eyes For Good) I actually don't mind him at all! I even would say that, under those circumstances, I enjoy him :p.

I warned you it'd be an essay :p

5. Is there a character you're planning to write one day?

Bellatrix! Well, I guess I've already written her, but I want to write something where she's the central character :)

6. What is the title of book two (if you're allowed to tell me, of course)?

I HAVE NO IDEA! Hahah. Dan and I have been brainstorming, but I haven't had one that's clicked yet.

7. Any ideas for your future stories?

Not really. Usually one shot ideas come fast, and I'll write them right away. But right now for lengthier stories, it's all about my Marauders :yes:

8. What attracts you to the Marauders?

I think the biggest thing is their friendship. Whatever ended up happening, before that they were just young adults who all looked out for and loved each other. They all got tangled into a war together, and they sacrificed too much. And also the tragedy of it all. Not one of them survived to see the new world that they all died to create, and that's so sad :(.

9. What inspires you when you write your (absolutely insane and brilliant) Bellatrix?

Heheheh. I love playing with her mind. I honestly have no idea though. I wish I had a better answer for that. In my head, she's similar to a battered spouse. She is obsessed with this man, and wants nothing more than to satisfy him. She doesn't care about her health, about herself at all, all she cares about is getting those little scraps of approval from Voldemort. I usually just try and put her in a situation where she can display some of her more.... delightful qualities :p

10. What do you find most difficult to write?

Quidditch games. I am hoping to get away with only writing one this whole book (as you can tell, I sneakily skipped writing anything about the last one) because I just do not understand them :p

11. What got you writing in the first place?

I've always written OF, and then I stopped for a few years. I was too timid to jump right back in, so I started writing fan fiction! I never guessed it would be this addicting.

12. Do you include people you know in your stories?

Not really. I include parts of people, like right now my new obsession is wearing leggings and sweaters. So Lily likes leggings and sweaters too. And my parents were always the type of parents that welcome any of my or my sisters friends into our lives like they were just part of the family, so I sort of put that into the Potters. Just little things like that, mostly :)

13. Will your puppy ever star in one of your fics? :p

Hahaha oh gosh, he's so full of himself I'm sure he wants to :p I totally think about him whenever I'm writing Butterscotch, though :p

14. Which cliché(s) do you hate the most?

If a cliche is done well, I don't usually have a problem with it. The only thing that I ever don't like is when a characters personality is completely changed to fit a story. Like Peter is an idiot who's the joke of the group (the guy could turn into an animal, for goodness sakes!) or when Ron is the abusive lover. Oh wait, I hate playboy Sirius. Yep, there's a cliche I hate :p

Thank you so much for stopping by, Val! And for giving before they fall so much awesome attention :wub:

----

Hi Aisha!! :hug:! Hahah sneaky Val :p

Why do love Jily so much?

I think because of how much they went through together. They fell in love, they dedicated their life to a war together, they had a baby. I mean, most people at 21 are still trying to figure out how to cook for themselves. And they're already dying for each other. :(

Tea, coffee or hot chocolate? (Your answer will determine the future of our friendship :p)

All three!! I just recently got into loose leaf tea that you make in a pot and all that, and now I get why so many people like it! I always drink coffee in the morning/first half of the day, and will usually drink tea on weekends. Then drink hot cocoa whenever I remember that I have packets sitting in my cupboard :p

Has anything that you've ever written happened to you in real life?

Ummm. I don't think so. Maybe something small, like Lily and I both wearing leggings, but there's nothing huge that I wrote because it happened to me in RL or anything.

After you finish Before They Fall, will you start a new main project, or finish the series first?

I'll definitely go straight from the first book to the second! I think I'm more excited about that one, because it covers a lot of the things I'll really love to write about. Like James and Lily being married, and becoming young parents, having to go through all those firsts of learning how to live together, and of course doing it all during the war...

Do you plan everything that you write or just go with the flow?

PLAN! I can tell you at least one thing that's going to happen in every chapter of Before They Fall up until the end of this book. The second book's outline is still looser, but I'll make more concrete plans as I go along with it.

What genre do you prefer to read?

Usually I like some sort of romance, mixed with something more serious or some kind of mystery. I'm really pretty open to anything though, I've even learned I love founder fics! The only think I'm trying to stay away form right now (although this is clearly not a genre) is other Marauders fics. I think that drama, mystery, and romance are my three favorites.

What genre do you prefer to write?

I'm not entirely sure. I love relationships. And not just romances, but
friendships too. But horror is always fun to step into... and angst. I think it just depends on my mood :p

Thanks for stopping by, Aisha :wub:

Edited by Jchrissy, 25 February 2013 - 07:56 PM.

Posted Image

As Darkness Descends(M)

#5 Laurenzo7321

Laurenzo7321

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

How can I resist coming and asking you some questions?

1. Apart from any of your lovely Marauders - who is your favourite character from the series and why?
  2. If you could save any ONE character from death in the series who would it be and why?
  3. When did you start reading the HP books? How did you get into them?
  4. Are there any characters you wanted to read more about when reading the HP books?
  5. What are your favourite and least favourite bits in the books?
  6. What's your opinion on the HP films? Actors/Actresses, good bits/bad bits etc etc
  7. Which relationships do you love reading most in FF, apart from Lily/James?
  8. If Snape hadn't been obessessed with Lily (totally agree with you there) and actually loved her, in other words given up the dark arts for her and not called her a Mudblood etc, do you think they could have had a relationship or do you think it would still have been James?
  9. Was it scary trying to bring two exchange students into your story? Where did your idea for each of them come from? Particularly Belle as I love her as an OC!
  10. Now that I have an idea where your going with Peter leading up to his betrayal, I was wondering what made you go down that route with him? Is that how you always imagined the story went? (I understand if you don't want to say too much if it's going to ruin anything)
  11. Do you struggle to find the time to write a chapter every week for BTF?
  12. Do many people know you write FF?
  13. Who are you favourite authors to read in OF?
  14. What are your favourite movies?

Okay - might have got a tad carried away there :whistling:  Sorry :happy:

Posted Image

Beautiful Signature Set by my Elenia@TDA!

| My Authors Page (M) | My MTA Page (12+) | My Review Thread (12+) |

#6 Perelandra

Perelandra

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

I have it easy for you since I only have two questions! XD

--How intensely have you studied all the family trees, the back story for each Marauder, and dates when writing Before They Fall? I can just imagine you facing a white wall full of dates, pictures, family trees and yarn while putting together all the information. XD

--If JKR were to give out more information that would contradict your story line, would you try to accommodate to go with that new piece of canon or would you just continue on with your own ideas?

Edited by Perelandra, 26 February 2013 - 12:13 AM.

#7 academica

academica

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

I want to join in the question-asking fun, but all the good ones have gone. Merp. I'll try my best!

(1.) How do you fit time for writing into your busy schedule?

(2.) Is there someone you'd love to tell about your writing but can't, for whatever reason?

(3.) What do you do to feel better after a bad day?

(4.) Are there other fandoms besides Harry Potter that you'd like to/do write for?

(5.) Tell me the worst published novel you've ever read, and why you disliked it.

stories (12+ to M) || reviews (12+) || beta services (12+)
devilry_sig_zpse7e33c8b.png
awesome set by easterlies@TDA

#8 Jchrissy

Jchrissy

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 690 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

Hi Lauren :hug:

Apart from any of your lovely Marauders - who is your favourite character from the series and why?

To write, Bellatrix. I really, really love playing in her creepy little mind. But my favorite character in general. Ugh. That's hard. I love Fleur, but more writing her than her in the books. I really, really love McGonagall because she's so strong yet caring at the same time. I think she is an incredibly admirable woman. But I also love Ron... because he's Ron. Ahh I can't decide :p

If you could save any ONE character from death in the series who would it be and why?

Sirius or Fred. It's tough for me, but I think that Sirius would have rather died than let a young adult die... so I'd probably save Fred. His family didn't deserve that :(

When did you start reading the HP books? How did you get into them?

I started sometime before 11.... because I was said when I didn't get my letter :p. My cousins, who lived about a thirteen hour's drive away from me, came to visit for the summer and they were reading the first, and introduced me to them :)

Are there any characters you wanted to read more about when reading the HP books?

Charlie or Bill. It always drove me crazy how little they were in the books. And McGonagall.

What are your favourite and least favourite bits in the books?

My favorite book in general is the third. When we learn Sirius is innocent, when they save Buckbeak, when Harry blows up his aunt... there were a ton of awesome parts :p. I really, really disliked when Hedwig died. I think it felt so unnecessary.

What's your opinion on the HP films? Actors/Actresses, good bits/bad bits etc etc

I want to know why on earth two people who died as 21 year old parents were made to look like they were in their forties :|. I really liked most of their casting. Harry, the Weasleys, Sirius, Remus... and I think they stayed to the books a close as possible. I didn't like the weird feeling they created between Harry and Hermione in the last book, but that's Hollywood for you :p

Which relationships do you love reading most in FF, apart from Lily/James?

I actually don't really like reading Lily and James in fan fiction. I try really hard to avoid reading Marauders while writing them. I really love Bill/Fleur, I'm actually starting to like next gen relationships quite a bit. I'd love to read a really good Teddy Victoire! I also like Hermione and Ron when they're done well. I have lotsa likes :p

If Snape hadn't been obessessed with Lily (totally agree with you there) and actually loved her, in other words given up the dark arts for her and not called her a Mudblood etc, do you think they could have had a relationship or do you think it would still have been James?

I think she would have always ended up with James. Her and Severus may have been able to keep a frienship longer, but he'd still always have the controlling sort of nature and would always be more on the possessive side, and I don't think she'd ever want that in a relationship. The face that he can do what he did, shows that his moral compass is really messed up. I think that would have come out no matter what, and that would have eventually ended their friendship even if the mudblood incident didn't.

Was it scary trying to bring two exchange students into your story?

The scariest part was just hoping people would kind of give them a chance and see that they do have a purpose for being their and for being exchanges, and not just because I wanted them too. And Belle's accent is a pain. Haha!

Where did your idea for each of them come from? Particularly Belle as I love her as an OC!

Awww thank you :wub: Belle's biggest reason for becoming a part of it all isn't out in the open yet, but as far as how I wanted to make her character, I really stole quite about of Fleur parts from her. I love Fleur, as you know, and I added some of my favorite parts of her personalty into Belle :p.

Now that I have an idea where your going with Peter leading up to his betrayal, I was wondering what made you go down that route with him? Is that how you always imagined the story went? (I understand if you
don't want to say too much if it's going to ruin anything)

hahah shhh! :p Jk. I need a reason for all of it and how his betrayal. I can't believe, even fear, would be enough alone for him to turn his back, so I started thinking of what could have made him even agree to pass any information in the first place. No, I've always just imagined him as a slimy jerk. But when I started to write about them, I realized I had to make peace with Peter to give him a real part in this. And now that it's in my head, it's totally stuck in there as canon :p

Do you struggle to find the time to write a chapter every week for BTF?

I more struggle not to do other things. I have a handful of downtime at work every day, but then I'll start procrastinating and I'll chat on skype, and review, and play on the forums... haha. Usually I end up finishing the chapter Friday and begging Dan not to hate me for giving him less than a day to beta read it :p I swear, that man is insanely patient with me. He deserves candy or something.

Do many people know you write FF?

Yeah, quite a few people know, actually. My fiance knows, and my parents and sisters. But I've always written OF, so I kind of just explain that this is helping me improve as a writer. They don't really understand the draw to writing fan fiction. It's addicting, though!

Who are you favourite authors to read in OF?

I really like Tamora Pierce, Jodi Picoult, Tana French (she writes such amazing psychological mysteries) and I'm sucker for Nicholas Sparks and Nora Roberts :p.

What are your favourite movies? 

Apart from the HP, of course... :p I love the Fast and Furious movies, haha. And I'm a huge fan of Romantic Comedies. I think my all time favorite movie is probably Wedding Crashers.

Okay - might have got a tad carried away there :whistling:  Sorry :happy:

No way, you made my night with your awesome questions! Thank you ♥

---

Hi Rosie!! :bye: :hug:

--

How intensely have you studied all the family trees, the back story for each Marauder, and dates when writing Before They Fall?
I can just imagine you facing a white wall full of dates, pictures, family trees and yarn while putting together all the information. XD

Actually I didn't do too much on the family trees. Sirius, mainly. I know the idea for James's relation to him, but I'm not really sold on that, so I didn't try and tie that together. I did a TON of studying on what we know about their time lines, though. And about their canon information and adding that into my outline. Stuff like, why Harry ends up with only Petunia, why Neville ends up with only Augusta, all has to get incorporated so that kind of stuff is more of what I have to really work  to plan out. I do have a file for each character though, so that I keep everything straight :p

--If JKR were to give out more information that would contradict your story line, would you try to accommodate to go with that new piece of canon or would you just continue on with your own ideas?

Seriously, cross your fingers for me that this NEVER HAPPENS :p. I don't know... I think it would depend on what the information was. If it was just something little, I would try and accommodate it... but if it was anything that would mess with the bigger plot points I have planned and my characters, I don't think I'd accommodate it. Pretty please cross your fingers that this never happens, for me? :p

Thank you for stopping by with your awesome questions, both of you :hug:

----

I just submitted this then saw your questions, Amanda! Hi! :flowers2: 

(1.) How do you fit time for writing into your busy schedule?

I usually have an hour or so during the work day, and I TRY and write during that. Sometimes it doesn't happen and I just play on the forums. But on a good weeknight, we can eat and have the kitchen cleaned by seven, then Ben will do his homework and I write :). Or, you know, answer MTA questions :p. I haven't actually been too busy lately. And I can't wait until it's summer already so you get a break <3

(2.) Is there someone you'd love to tell about your writing but can't, for whatever reason?

This sounds silly, but my aunt. She's the one that got me and my cousins all into HP, but she's also really.... scary. Haha. So I'm just not brave enough to :p

(3.) What do you do to feel better after a bad day?

Whine. That sounds terrible, huh? I'm not one of those person that can deal with my feelings by writing, though. If I feel bad, my writings bad. Usually I'll vent to Ben, or call my mommy or one of my sisters. Sometimes I take the puppy for a run, if there isn't snow everywhere. Usually I just vent, though :p

(4.) Are there other fandoms besides Harry Potter that you'd like to/do write for?

I don't write any other fandoms, and I can't think of any that I love enough to want to write. Thank goodness, because i don't know if I could handle more than HP :p

(5.) Tell me the worst published novel you've ever read, and why you disliked it.

The Red Badge of Courage. Yes. Over Twilight, over 50 Shades of Grey, every every other corny weird book. I hated The Red Badge of Courage SO much. It as so boring that I wanted to cry. At least you can joke about Twilight, you can't even joke about this book because it's SO BORING.

Thanks for your questions,  Amanda :wub:

Edited by Jchrissy, 26 February 2013 - 12:56 AM.

Posted Image

As Darkness Descends(M)

#9 long_live_luna_bellatrix

long_live_luna_bellatrix

MTA Moderator

• Section Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

As I was skimming through the MTA section, I saw the name "Tana French" here and did a double-take. I adore her books-- the characters especially. In fact, The Likeness is one of my all-time favorite books. Has she influenced your writing at all? If not, have any other authors done so? Have you read Safe Harbor? What did you think of it?

From your author's page, it looks like you've written a lot of Marauders and Pre-Hogwarts. What draws you to these eras?

If I were looking for one story of yours to read, to get a sense of your writing and your voice, what one story would you recommend?

260wzs2.png 1r9ime.png fazx8y.png

hpff / mta / icons by musicbox at TDA

#10 Jchrissy

Jchrissy

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 690 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

As I was skimming through the MTA section, I saw the name "Tana French" here and did a double-take. I adore her books-- the characters especially. In fact, The Likeness is one of my all-time favorite books. Has she influenced your writing at all? If not, have any other authors done so? Have you read Safe Harbor? What did you think of it?

The Likeness was my favorite, as well! I couldn't believe how attached I got to all of them, even knowing that it was very probably that one was the killer. But the creepy way they needed each other was just so awesome. I didn't except to like the second book more than the first, or the third for that matter, but I absolutely did. Half the time I felt like Cassie was as much Cassie as the was Lexie. It was just such a cool book, and definitely up there in my all time favorites as well. I don't know if she's exactly influenced my writing. If anything she taught me that you can make someone become really attached to a character, no mater what circumstances. Lexie wasn't even real, and loved her. I think Tana French has a very clean style of writing, though. She uses the perfect descriptions, the perfect imagery, but never overdoes it so I get bored. I'd absolutely love to mater that sort of style.

I haven't read Safe Harbor yet. To be honest, after The Likeness, Faithful Place kind of disappointed me. I just didn't love it as much. So I think I've been afraid to read Broken Harbor because of that :S

From your author's page, it looks like you've written a lot of Marauders and Pre-Hogwarts. What draws you to these eras?

I think both having room to sort of create versions of these character, because they aren't set in stone, and the fact that it's all so much tragedy really draw me to it. I've wanted to try a story about Fleur and Bill as parent sbefore, and still may, but I don't want to include EVERYONE from next gen. I have no desire to write about anyone from the Hogwarts era, so that's kept me from doing any real post Hogwarts or next gen. I think Marauders era / pre-Hogwarts is sort of just my niche :p

If I were looking for one story of yours to read, to get a sense of your writing and your voice, what one story would you recommend?

Ah! That's a hard question! I try new styles pretty often, so it's hard to pick one that would give you a sense of my writing. Right now I'm pretty proud of Casualties of War, because I tried something really different end ended up liking it a lot. I think We'll Be Missing You probably is the best example of my typical third person style, though.

Thanks for stopping by! And yay for another Tana French fan!! :wub: You'll have to PM me and tell me what you thought of Broken Harbor, if you've read it that is :).

Edited by Jchrissy, 26 February 2013 - 03:05 PM.

Posted Image

As Darkness Descends(M)

#11 soufflegirl99

soufflegirl99

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

I love your writing so much, so I want to ask you a few questions!! 

1) YOU HAVE A PUPPY: what breed is it and what's his/her name, and how old is she/he?

2) What gave you the inspiration for the format, and the story Casualties of war? 

3) Do you prefer writing in first or third person?

4) What inspired you to write about Snape in Haven?

5) If you had to pick a favourite, do you prefer Star Wars or Lord of the Rings?

6) Which is your least favourite HP book, and which is your least favourite HP film (and why!)

7) What genre OF do you write?

8) How did you come up with the totally original and brilliant character of Belle? And which is your favourite marauder and why?  :happy:

soufflegirl99_zps184cf8a5.png

Awesome icon and sig by illumination and Eliena at TDA !

My Stories (12+ -- M)

#12 patronus_charm

patronus_charm

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

Hey Jami! I can't believe I haven't stalked visited your author page before now!

1. Remus/Tonks are arguably just as tragic as James/Lily, how come you're not as drawn to them?

2. Other than Marauders, what's your favourite era?

3. How do you manage to write and edit insanely long chapter in under a week?

4. Considering most Jilly stories (well the ones I've read) are told in first person, was there any reason to write this in third?

5. After book two of Before they Fall has finished, are you going to carrying on writing in the Marauders era, or is that too far away?

6. Speaking of book two, how many chapter are we away from it?

7. Are you going to podcast Before the Fall?

8. Favourite band/singer?

Phew, I think I'm done for now!

g4VVUEc.png

author page [12+]| mta [12+] | gallery [15+] | the second person pov challenge [12+]

currently writing: chapter 16 of acanthus

#13 Jchrissy

Jchrissy

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 690 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:38 AM

Ahh I didn't know I had questions!!! Squee!!

1) YOU HAVE A PUPPY: what breed is it and what's his/her name, and how old is she/he?

I have a puppy! He's a three year old min pin and MOMMY'S LITTLE BABY.  Hehe.554104_2920855953168_533509774_n_zps7129

2) What gave you the inspiration for the format, and the story Casualties of war? 

I was really just sad about what ends up happening to all the Marauders and Lily. Obviously we know Before They Fall and its sequel can only end one way... and sometimes that just makes me so sad.

3) Do you prefer writing in first or third person?

Third! I cannot write first well. I'm not comfortable in it like I am in third and always find myself confusing tenses.

4) What inspired you to write about Snape in Haven?

It was written for a friend who's a huge Snape fan, and I wanted to write him during a time in his life when I wouldn't be as harsh about him as I am during his adult life, haha. He ended up being a lot more fun to work with than I originally thought!

5) If you had to pick a favourite, do you prefer Star Wars or Lord of the Rings?

Don't hate me... but... I've never seen any of the Star Wars :S. I really enjoy Lord of the Rings though!

6) Which is your least favourite HP book, and which is your least favourite HP film (and why!)

My least favorite book was OotP. It was the only book I ever really found myself getting bored during. Then my least favorite movie was probably.... I don't actually know. I thought they did a really good job with them for the most part. Maybe DH purely because of the Harry Hermione thing they tried to create :p

7) What genre OF do you write?

I'm sort of playing between YA fantasy and thriller/horror right now. I'm not sure exactly which I like better yet... I need to write more to find out apparently :p

8) How did you come up with the totally original and brilliant character of Belle? And which is your favourite marauder and why?  :happy:

Aww you are so sweet! I'm so happy you like Belle! Okay... ask me this question again in about eight chapters and I'll fill you all in, okay? Haha. The base of her character came from parts of Fleur though... because I really love Fleur :wub:  I don't think I have a favorite Marauder anymore. It used to be Sirius, but I really love them all. I just want to squeeze them.

Thank you so much for stopping by :hug:

Hey Jami! I can't believe I haven't stalked visited your author page before now!

Awww Hi Kiana! I was so excited to see you here!!! :hug: I feel very spoiled today.

1. Remus/Tonks are arguably just as tragic as James/Lily, how come you're not as drawn to them?

I do really like Remus / Tonks. I'm starting to like Tonks more than I did during the books... fan fiction has actually helped make her more real to me.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they were adults. Tonks was young, but she'd still experienced quite a lot of life as well as Remus. Lily and James were so young when they died, younger than I am now! That's such a heartbreaking thought. Tonks and Remus knew what they were going into with the war, whereas L/J went in completely blind and gah. Now I'm getting all sad. I really do love Remus and Tonks, too. Just not as severely as I love James and Lily :wub:

2. Other than Marauders, what's your favourite era?

I'm starting to get really into Founders!! I lov Post Hogwarts and am also starting to enjoy Next Gen. I think I like almost everything, actually! And it's funny, but I pretty much don't read Marauders era. It's too hard to read it while writing it for me.

3. How do you manage to write and edit insanely long chapter in under a week?

This is what my week in writing looks like. hahaha.

Monday: Start fleshing out the chapter based on what comes next on my outline

Tuesday: Try to start writing the chapter. Get annoyed, review and play.

Wednesday: Make a really honest effort to work on the chapter, get the first thousand or so words done. Complain to Dan about how badly the characters are behaving.

Thursday: Panic that it's already Thursday, ignore everything and write every second I can between meetings.

Friday: Beg Dan not to hate me for not having the chapter done, edit like crazy, then send it to Dan. Then we usually go through it that evening together in Google docs and I make changes as he suggest them.

Saturday: Post

Sunday: Think about starting the next chapter but decided I don't need to because I have all week :p

Honestly though, most of what motivates me to actually get the chapter written and complete is the fact that I have you and a few others reviewing every week. It really pushes me to finish the chapter so I can post my typical, Happy Saturday! Here's chapter ___, status. Haha.

4. Considering most Jilly stories (well the ones I've read) are told in first person, was there any reason to write this in third?

I really wanted to show what else was going on during that time in their lives. I wanted to show what falling in love was like for BOTH Lily and James, and what all their friends were dealing with during this. And I wanted to show what was happening on the other side of the war... and third person is just so much more comfortable for me.

5. After book two of Before they Fall has finished, are you going to carrying on writing in the Marauders era, or is that too far away?

Actually it's funny you ask that! I was just thinking the other day how  I'll do a 'Missed Moment Short Story Collection' after both books are published. That way when someone says in a review, Oh so and so did this! I wish we'd have seen that! I can write about that in a one shot! There are so many little things I want to include but just don't have the room, so I think that would be really fun to write. And then I'll still feel connected to my babies, haha.

6. Speaking of book two, how many chapter are we away from it?

We're actually getting pretty close to it... which scares me. In my outline it says I have nine chapters left... :O! We'll see how that plays out!

7. Are you going to podcast Before the Fall?

Kiana!!! You've read it! You know how long it is!! Haha! I've thought about it before, but realized there is no way I'd be able to read all those chapters out loud. I am podcasting The Steps to Insanity, though! The prologue is already in the podcasting queue! Eek!

8. Favourite band/singer?

This is hard.... I'm going to give you my top five. Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Justine Moore, Lady Antebellum, and Dixie Chicks. I know, I need to broaden my music horizon haha.

Thank you two so much for stopping by :hug: I'm all squishy now!!!

Posted Image

As Darkness Descends(M)

#14 WeasleyTwins

WeasleyTwins

Sixth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Jami!   :give_rose:

1. You hate The Red Badge of Courage! Just thought I'd say that pretty much makes us twins.  That's all.  I abhor that novel.

2. When you review a story, how do you approach giving constructive criticisms?

3. Do you ever think you will write original fiction?  If so, what genre(s)?

4. What are some of your favorite novels aside from Harry Potter?

5. Why are you so awesome?  What sorts of things draw you to a story, fanfiction or original?

:happy:

The Seams [M]

2013 Dobby Awards Winner for Best Minor Character

2ebbytt.png

Author's Page [M]                   Meet the Author [12+]

Gorgeous set by alchemyfreak123 @ TDA

#15 Jchrissy

Jchrissy

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 690 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

Jami!   :give_rose:

1. You hate The Red Badge of Courage! Just thought I'd say that pretty much makes us twins.  That's all.  I abhor that novel.

2. When you review a story, how do you approach giving constructive criticisms?

3. Do you ever think you will write original fiction?  If so, what genre(s)?

4. What are some of your favorite novels aside from Harry Potter?

5. Why are you so awesome?  What sorts of things draw you to a story, fanfiction or original?

:happy:

These snuck up on me! :ninja:

I can't think of a book I hate more than this. I cannot fathom how on earth Stephen Crane wrote that novel without falling asleep a tenth of the way through. I would read The Scarlet Letter a million times over if it helped me avoid RBoC. And I wasn't a big Scarlet Letter fan.

2. When you review a story, how do you approach giving constructive criticisms? It depends on why I'm reviewing it. If it's for the review thread I'm pretty straight forward because I assume everyone posting in a review thread is doing so for honest CC. If it's not for the review thread, it's probably just one of my 'read because I love' stories, and I hardly ever have anything to CC in those :p.

3. Do you ever think you will write original fiction?  If so, what genre(s)? I actually write (try to write) OF currently! I don't even know what genres it would be considered though. Haha. One involves some pretty serious stuff, I'd almost put it in thriller/horror. But not really that terrifying... ummm. Maybe just adult? You know, I'll go with adult :p. haha.

4. What are some of your favorite novels aside from Harry Potter? Oh geeze. Okay, In The Woods and The Likeness are two of the best novels I've ever read. I love Divergent and Insurgent. Of course  the classics... Gone With the Wind, Pride and Prejudice, most of the Bronte Sisters' work, Hunger Games, Oh and I'm a total sucker for Nora Roberts. Romance, happy endings, yep. You got yourself a sucker here :p.

5. Why are you so awesome?  What sorts of things draw you to a story, fanfiction or original? Hahah you're too sweet :hug: Honestly, it's never just one thing. A combination of summary, characters, genre. With fanfiction, it's usually the desire to read a certain pairing or time frame then I start searching. With OF, a lot of what I read is due to recommendations and Goodreads.

Posted Image

As Darkness Descends(M)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users