11 replies to this topic

#1 soapman333

soapman333

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

So, you're here to meet soapman333? That's marvelous.

A few basic facts:

-I'm the cat woman down your street.

-I like to collect toe nails.

-I wear a dress while I write to make myself feel pretty.

-My favorite color is Red

-My favorite book is "The Awakening" by Kate Chopin, ya'll should read it, it really makes you think.

-My favorite quote is: "Let us live so that when we come to die, even the undertaker is sorry." - Mark Twain

-I've been sorted into Ravenclaw. Go Bird Brains (term of endearment, of course)!

-I guess I should say that this is my first time publishing things on a website, I generally swing more towards Newspapers and Journals.

Please pause your reading here to think of a good joke to tell me in the comments section, got one? Good.

Facts that pertain more towards my writing, here, at HPFF:

-I'm a new author in this whole fanfiction area, but I enjoy it.

-I've read many stories on the HPFF site before deciding to publish some of my own.

-My favorite era to read is the Marauders, which is ironic because I write stories for the New Generation category. I guess I'm a hypocrite.

-I've started by writing Romance/Fluff/Humor stories to "check out the waters" so to speak. I want to develop from there into the action/suspense/drama areas.

-My favorite format is the one-shot, but, isn't that every author's favorite?

-My favorite author is Albert Camus, so my writing tends to follow more existentialist forms, but I have been trying to suppress that until I branch out and write actions/suspense/drama.

-I love constructive criticism, I know, I'm a freak. So please read my stories and let me have it. I can take it like a man.

-Finally, the area of writing that I have grown to adore is character development. A story is not about the plot, so much as it is about the character, Why else would we be writing more about the Harry Potter characters after J. K. Rowling stopped?

Pause here to bake a pie for soapman333, he is having a hard time writing all of this and should be pitied. Hardcore pitied.

Stuff I've written for, and in behalf of, HPFF:

-Shut Up and Kiss Me (15+) (Novella): A story about a werewolf, her family, and people's love lives. It's rough around the edges, but the characters are fun to analyze, plus werewolves are cool.

-I Will Punch You (15+)(one-shot): Nothing beats a Lily Potters rejection story, but this one is about Lily Luna Potter.

-I Got You to Laugh (12+) (one-shot): James Sirius Potter and his efforts to cheer up a girl who crashed into him in a corridor.

Take a breather here. You've read a lot. Are you sure you want to continue? He's kind of an idiot, plus I hear he's actually the cat woman who lives off your street. What a freak.

Stuff I've written, but have yet to put through the validation process:

-Choose Not to Be Hurt (one-shot): Of all the stories I've written so far, in regards to fluffy puffy romance stuff, this one is my favorite. It's about Albus Potter and his bff.

-Joke War (Novella): It's sad because I've written a lot for this one, I'm just too lazy to put it through the validation process. It's about a muggle born entering into the Potter ruled world.

So yeah. . .any questions? Comment with your joke and send me that pie. I want my pity pie. Oh and George says "hi", he may or may not be a cat. He's a cat.

Edited by long_live_luna_bellatrix, 16 February 2013 - 12:44 AM.
Requested

Awesome signature and icon by heartfelt.@TDA

tennant_zpsd454756d.png?t=1361615662

"Let us live so that when we come to die, even the undertaker is sorry." - Mark Twain.

MTA Page: here (12+)

#2 ValWitch21

ValWitch21

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

So. You.

Two blondes, A and B, drive past a wheat field. In the middle of the field, another blonde is kayaking. A says 'God, that's the type of person who makes all blondes look stupid, seriously'. B answers 'I know, right? If I knew how to swim, I'd go slap her'.

I'm blonde too, if ever. ;)

NOW, QUESTIONS.

As a male, what is your opinion on romance stories? Teen pregnancy stories?

Who's your favourite character in the series?

Least favourite?

Favourite type of pie?

Bellatrix or Voldemort?

Chocolate: milk or dark?

Didn't have the time to make pie but here's for you: :xpud: 

1272740_original_zps5949f16c.png 1272388_original_zpsad123ff3.png1273593_original_zpsa0763254.png

icons found here [15+ just to be on the safe side]

BACK FROM HIATUS, SLOWLY UPDATING AGAIN.

#3 Whiskey

Whiskey

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Argh, I can't believe you're making me do this. Ok, here goes.

What do you call an alligator in a vest?

An INVESTIGATOR! *snort*

I have disgraced myself.

Anyways:

1) Opinions on the house system from a sociological perspective

2) Favourite Adventure Time quote (preferably with voice enactment or else no pie)

3) A critical analysis of Camus' "The Plague" plz with reflections on its relevance today and fan art (Camus was a total heartthrob, am I right *existentialist swoon*)

4) Raise your favourite feminist issues as applicable to the Harry Potter series (we all have favourite feminist issues)

5) Stand on your head and juggle forks with your feet for three minutes.

Ugh, I'm terrible at this and dread the revenge that will rain on me when I have my own MTA thread :p

No, seriously, you don't need to answer any of those (except the Adventure Time one, that one is very important). Also, I can't cook, so you don't want that pie, trust me.

I should probably stop typing now.

Bye.

#4 soapman333

soapman333

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

So. You.

Two blondes, A and B, drive past a wheat field. In the middle of the field, another blonde is kayaking. A says 'God, that's the type of person who makes all blondes look stupid, seriously'. B answers 'I know, right? If I knew how to swim, I'd go slap her'.

Hello there,

Oh man, that joke. . . I spit up my coffee all over my laptop screen :p I hope you don't mind if I steal it, because it's now in my archives.

My opinion on Romance stories: That's a difficult question. Romance stories are like really bad relationships, you want to get out of writing them, but something about it intrigues you. I started writing them because a lot of people who read HPFF are in it for those kinds of stories (am I right?). That all being said, I guess I respect them, but let's be honest here: most of those stories are super inaccurate and that irritates me. Well, that doesn't irritate me so much as the guy/girl significant other who is usually depicted in them. You know what I'm talking about: perfect in every single way. I guess it depends on the characters. My favorite stories are those with awesome characters, and that's why Harry Potter is my ultimate favorite story.

Teen Pregnancy Stories: Honestly, I don't read these. Actually, that was a lie, I've read one, but it was so well written that I wasn't too uncomfortable with it. But yeah. . .these stories make me super uncomfortable. A lot of things that happen with girl bodies makes me uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong, girls are awesome, I just wouldn't want to be one. You guys are hardcore. Er, right so back to the topic, I'm going to have to go with: it depends on the characters in the story, but I tend to stay away from them, because they're kind of strange to me (I still don't know how make-up works). There are so many of them, too, so I guess they're popular? 

Favorite character: I have a list, but Remus Lupin is at the top of that list. Oh man, I would kill to be a werewolf! Well, I wouldn't, but you understand that, right? (Put the phone down, I promise I won't hurt you). He is also the coolest guy ever and has become a role model for me as I've aged. A lot of his problems that he deals with in the series are very similar to my own (exempting Lycanthropy, of course), so I just love the guy. That being said, Ron Weasley and I are best pals. How I love me some Ron (Now that I've effectively freaked you out. . .).

Least Favorite: Snape. This might stem from the fact that when I read the first book, I thought he was a bad guy up until the end (When Quirrell came out of no where and blew our minds! Oh Rowling. . .how I love you so), but, come on! The guy's a creep. Well, for one, I don't believe in the whole "looking into each other's eyes" trope, so I'm against everything he stands for, in regards to loving Lily. I understand that she's epic, but that's just disturbing to me. In fact, while I'm at it, Harry having his mother's eyes doesn't seem like such a big deal to me. To be fair, I don't go around talking to orphaned kids with mad wizarding skills, so maybe I shouldn't talk. Back to the topic, second, Snape just needs to settle down with a nice witch and just forget his schooling days. You were bullied, Snape, it happened, move on. Lastly, I just don't like him. If he was a real person in my life, we would probably be bitter enemies.

Favorite type of pie: Banana Cream (Mmmm...) :)

Bellatrix or Voldemort: Depends on the situation. If I'm fighting them, I'm taking Voldy, because he might be good at magic, but I've got a mean punch. If I was befriending them, I'd choose Bells, because she's psychotic! Gah, I just like how crazy and insane she is. If I had to choose which one is more evil, I'd have to go with Voldy. To be honest, I don't think Ole' Voldy actually cared about "pure blood supremacy," I think he was just using it as a facade to gain power. Bella, on the other hand, was raised into bigotry, and I know this isn't a real excuse because she can make her own choices, but at least she's semi-decent. Well, that's a lie, she isn't. Whatever, Umbridge trumps them both on the whole "evil" thing.

Chocolate: I have my heart set on milk, but I enjoy the dark too.

Wow, what an awesome graphic and what awesome questions! My answers are pathetic, but that's just because it's a Tuesday. There's just something about Tuesdays that sets me off. 

Argh, I can't believe you're making me do this. Ok, here goes.

What do you call an alligator in a vest?

An INVESTIGATOR! *snort*

I'm so proud of you *wipes tear from eye*. That joke is epic, and I'm adding it to my archive with ValWitch21's.

1-Oh good, I've been dying to bring this up. What the heck?! Organizing children into different clubs based on their personality?! I have a few of problems with this: One, it creates stereotypes (If you've seen AVPM: "I've just been putting the one's who look evil in Slytherin, and the one's who look good in Gryffindor. The rest can go where ever they want, I don't care." -Dumbledore). Two, I didn't know what kind of person I was until I got to my freshman year at college. People change, it's just a part of life. Three, putting these kids into houses gives them unrealistic expectations (Not every one is as freaking awesome as Potter). I know I'd probably be huddled in a corner if I was sorted into Slytherin (" I must be cunning and achievement-oriented," soapman333 mumbled to himself as he pulled on his hair). That all being said, GO BIRD-BRAINS!

2-I used an adventure time quote (modified) in a story of mine! Be proud! My favorite character is Lumpy Space Princess: "First, I'm going to fall in love with one of these little guys, and then I'm going to fall out of love. Then, I'm gonna fake die of a fake heart attack! (does some heart attack theatrics) Oh my heart, my heart hurts because I fell out of loooove, and now I have to die! OOHHHH!"

3-I just died a little inside. ALBERT CAMUS! I have a "quote pic" of him that I can send to you if you want (not fan art, but still cool, kinda). My favorite is The Stranger, because of his use of dialogue in the first part! The Plague is a close second place, only because I want to punch Othon in the face! It's fair to say that he annoyed me, but I still got really upset when he died from the plague. As for relevance today, geez, I haven't analyzed that since high school: It was written about WWII as an anti-nazi propaganda (right? I guess I should check, but I'm too lazy), so I'm pretty sure it spoke against isolation and discrimination or something. The people with the plague (or have family with the plague) would represent that. Did I get that all right, I just remember Othon and how abusive he was, the idiot.

4- Favorite feminist issue. . .should I have a favorite? I've got plenty of maleist issues (I made that word up because I don't remember the real word for it). Like how the playboy always gets the awesome girls in the stories! Oh, I know, I'll turn that around. The girls with awesome personalities always go after the "players" in stories, and it infuriates me, because I feel like she's lowering her standards. I don't care how buff/handsome the bloke is, he's got some serious commitment issues and you aren't going "fix him" by dating him. How was that? Maybe you should tell me what your feminist issue is and I'll ponder this all a little more.

5-Psshh, I've already done this today. . .maybe.

There, I answered all of your questions! Are you proud of me, yet?

Soapman333 stares at the screen until he realizes that it won't talk back to him, and that he has a pathetic life.

Thanks for dropping by :D

Edited by soapman333, 26 February 2013 - 06:51 PM.

"Let us live so that when we come to die, even the undertaker is sorry." - Mark Twain.

#5 ohmymerlin

ohmymerlin

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 567 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Okay, so I've been meaning to read all your stories because you're always talking about jokes and stuff and I just really feel like you have the same humour as me and okay, I'll ask some questions now.

1. Where do you get most of your ideas from?

2. How do you deal with writers block?

3. Where do you get your jokes from?

4. Are you an avid fan of soap?

5. What is your favourite brand of soap?

6. What dress style suits you best? (e.g. sweetheart neckline, strapless, mermaid, etc.)

7. If you weren't in Ravenclaw, what house would you be in?

So, one day I will eventually read your stories and then I'll ask questions based on the stories. :p

Joke: I CAN'T THINK UNDER PRESSURE GUFEJWDSBJS

388414_520208088036869_226216963_n.png

Or: What did the mother buffalo say to her son on the way to school?

Bison.

hehehehehe.

- Kayla. :)

(edit: apparently a mother buffalo is not 'his' but 'her')

Edited by ohmymerlin, 24 March 2013 - 09:10 AM.

beautiful set by alaska young at tda||call me kayla!

Posted Image

hpff||review thread||mta

(12+)

#6 soapman333

soapman333

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

Okay, so I've been meaning to read all your stories because you're always talking about jokes and stuff and I just really feel like you have the same humour as me and okay, I'll ask some questions now.

1. Where do you get most of your ideas from?

2. How do you deal with writers block?

3. Where do you get your jokes from?

4. Are you an avid fan of soap?

5. What is your favourite brand of soap?

6. What dress style suits you best? (e.g. sweetheart neckline, strapless, mermaid, etc.)

7. If you weren't in Ravenclaw, what house would you be in?

Oh...don't worry about reading my fluffy-puffy fluff-fluff-fluff stories (did I mention they're fluffy?)

In fact, instead of reading them, look at this picture:

jk1BhE6.jpg

This is the gist of them all (touching, yeah?)

Right, onto the questions:

1. Good question! I get most of my ideas from my kitchen wall that I stare at for hours. Heh, just kidding (although the texture is really intriguing). I come up with my characters first, give 'em all weaknesses, and then develop something from that. Oh! Like I was staring at my kitchen wall the other day when I thought: "I want to write about a kid with a stammer, a girl with temper issues, and slugs." Then out came my wee novella "Stammer". I guess I should say something really mind blowing...sometimes I get ideas for characters from past relationships. Like, an ex of mine had a crazy brother with a habit of throwing cutlery at us when we ignored him. So, yes, my interpretation of Scorpius Malfoy is based off that little guy.

2. This is going to sound oh so manly, but I write poetry. Woah, I know right? So, when I can't write a narrative, I get off the computer, eat a sandwich, and then sit myself down to write some verses that would make Shakespeare cry. Just kidding, they aren't good at all, but they get my creative juices flowing :).

3. Everywhere :D My friends, family, the internet, my neighbor's dog, etc. I don't know, maybe it's just my priorities in life, but when something makes me laugh, I write it down to put in my archive! I could probably write a joke book, but I mostly use them in my stories :p

4. Yes, soap is good. My brother used to carve little men out of soap, hence my profile name ;) I'm pretty sure he's adopted, but don't tell him that. I think he's created himself an army with all the soap he's carved, and they don't look friendly.

5. The good-smelling kind ;) Ha, just kidding. I looked in my shower and I have the "Irish Spring" brand. It smells manly, in case you were wondering.

6. My shoulders and hips are really flattering in this (12+) little number :D

7. Oh man, you know every sorting test that I've ever taken has put me in Ravenclaw, but I wouldn't mind being in Hufflepuff. They live right next to the kitchens! 

Ha, that picture...must have it >:D Thank you and have a lovely day! I do hope you drop by again :D

#7 nott theodore

nott theodore

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 431 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Did you hear about the farmer who won the Nobel prize? 

He was out standing in his field!

*Hangs head in shame and embarrassment*

Moving swiftly onwards...

So, questions!  Here they are:

Do you find it difficult to write from a female perspective? (Like in your story Shut Up and Kiss Me)

What is your favourite genre to read/write? (In fanfiction and original fiction)

What do you like best about writing romance?  And what annoys you the most about it?

Cats or owls?

Favourite non-Hogwarts quidditch team?

What's your favourite Harry Potter book and why?

Kreacher or Dobby?

Mrs Figg or Filch? (favourite squib!)

If you were allowed one magical item from the series, what would you have?

And that's all I can think of for now!  I'll probably be back to pester you again some other time, though!

25yyfjl.png

Icon and signature by Violet@TDA

My stories [12+] My MTA [12+]

#8 soapman333

soapman333

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

Did you hear about the farmer who won the Nobel prize? 

He was out standing in his field!

I like that joke! I laughed and then coughed because I'm sick but it was very amusing! Adding it to my archives now 

Do you find it difficult to write from a female perspective? (Like in your story Shut Up and Kiss Me)

Yes, it's actually extremely challenging, funny enough. That's probably why I have so many male characters that I switch between and only a few female.  I don't know if you've noticed that. I hope it's convincing...it's my compilation of what I've observed over the years from all the girl acquaintances/friendships/etc, that I've had the pleasure of interacting with.

Basically, I think the main difference in thought processes between guys and girls is that girls think of a million different things at once, and everything is connected to everything else. Wow, that did not make sense. I'll try again :p So with James during class, he focuses on Ellie. Ellie during class focuses on the lecture, the fact that James is staring at her, Charlotte being weird next to her, and the wolf inside her. Yeah...I think my head would explode with those thoughts, but girls seem to pull it off somehow. ;)

What is your favourite genre to read/write? (In fanfiction and original fiction)

Humour all the way, everyday :D

Well, other genres do this, but I think it's easier for me to do in my humour/fluff works.  I like sticking little motifs in each chapter. So like reoccuring phrases or objects. I know my readers probably don't remember minor things that happen earlier in the story when I update, but I still like bringing them up. I'll just say a couple, because I don't want to overwhelm you with all the little things:

1-The Sun: most of my characters talk about the sun at one point or another. Ellie's fixated by the dust particles that dance in the sunlight, James feels uncomfortable with the moon (this one makes more sense once ch. 21 gets validated...), my reference to Ernest Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises, oh and I think James calls Ellie "his sun" at one point too. So yeah...that one's more obvious.

2-A less obvious motif, but still pretty obvious one, I put in is actually my favourite phrase of the novel. I love how Rose calls Scorpius immature. I first put that in the chapter Love and the Trolley Lady, and I kind of enjoyed it ever since. Scorpius smiled at her first use, yada, yada, yada. They fancy each other and they're ridiculously adorable.

So yeah...there are a bunch more where those came from, but I don't want to bore you :p

What do you like best about writing romance?  And what annoys you the most about it?

Hmm, good question...it's easier to stick jokes into romance novels. I don't read a lot of funny dark/angsty novels...well, for obvious reasons. I don't know, I just think that everyone can relate more to the romance genre of fanfiction than most other stuff, am I right? Plus, I find that the tone of my work literally affects the mood that I'm in. If I write a fluffy work, I'll be in a good mood. If I write a dark/mystery/angsty work, I'll probably be in a bad mood. What else...I feel like I should have an awesome reason for writing romance, but I don't really :(

The annoying part is actually kissing scenes. I know that's so silly, but I'm never really sure what to write. Sometimes I just want to put in: they kissed, it was fun, and they lived happily ever after, but I don't really want to disappoint my readers. Especially because my novel is called Shut Up and Kiss Me. Heh, oh the irony. So, I'm not sure if you've read any of my one-shots (nothing special), but I tend to conclude everything in a kiss, or make reference to a kiss or something indirect like that. Someday, I'll be able to describe snogging without getting all red in the face and flustered. 

Cats or owls?

Both! Oh man, can you just imagine a flying cat? I can't pick both? Well, okay, I'd have to go with owl. Cat hair is annoying

Favourite non-Hogwarts quidditch team?

Chuddley Cannons, because if I had a quidditch team, their name would also be that ridiculous. I'm thinking I'd do something along the lines of: Puffy Pandas or Gregarious Goblins

What's your favourite Harry Potter book and why?

The sixth one, HBP, and I think that's because Remus comes back and blows everyone's minds by getting Tonks (I fancied Tonks when I first met her), well...he didn't want to get with Tonks, but they do, silly children. Oh and Felix Felices: Harry being clever with the pumpkin juice so that they'd win the quidditch match, Slughorn's memory, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione, avoiding unforgivable curses after drinking the rest...etc.. Hmm, I also like how dynamic Draco's character becomes. 

Geez, there are even more reasons, but I feel like I shouldn't ramble too much longer. I can feel you start to fall asleep, heh.

Kreacher or Dobby?

Kreacher :D That elf has got some sass!

Mrs Figg or Filch? (favourite squib!)

Filch! Oh snap, I freaking love Filch! He's like the comic relief of most of the series :p I shouldn't use the films, but the last film after the battle is over, there's a scene where Filch is trying to sweep up the mess. I cried from laughter!

If you were allowed one magical item from the series, what would you have?

Decisions....decisions....I don't even know :O I would love a house elf, not necessarily to do work for me, but to just have around, but I'm thinking that I would want that flying motorcycle just a teensy bit more.

And that's all I can think of for now!  I'll probably be back to pester you again some other time, though!

Do feel free to ask more questions, these were fun to answer, although my responses were probably rubbish :p Anyways, if you do come back, I have questions for you :D (You don't have to answer them)

Who's your favourite character in Shut Up and Kiss Me?

Favourite Pairing (doesn't have to have your favourite character in it)?

Would you read a sequel? It'd have the same characters, but I'm planning on focusing on an Albus/OC type of a thing.

Thanks!

#9 nott theodore

nott theodore

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 431 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

I'm back stalking you to ask more questions!

I can't think of any more jokes at the moment, so I'm hoping if I answer your questions you'll forgive me?

Oh, this is a hard one!  You write all your characters really well, but I have a soft spot for Albus, Scorpius, and Leo.  They make things a lot more fun!  But I'd probably say Albus because he's really pretty cool. 

I'm going to say Leo and Charlotte, which is strange because I normally don't like pairings when the girl is older than the guy. 

Would you read a sequel? It'd have the same characters, but I'm planning on focusing on an Albus/OC type of a thing.

Considering Albus is probably my favourite character, I'm going to say definitely!  But even if he wasn't in it, I'd still read it.  I've read almost everything you've written so far (I'll get round to leaving you a review soon, but I read Shut Up and Kiss Me all in one go and I was pretty tired after that) and you are a great writer!

So, more questions for you:

What would your animagus form/patronus be?

Favourite Hogwarts subject?  And least favourite?

Favourite magical creature?

Beauxbatons or Durmstrang?

If you could go to any shop in Diagon Alley and buy anything you wanted, which would it be?

Biscuits or cakes? (You don't have to answer that, I'm just hungry!)

And some more serious, author-y ones:

How often do you write?

What is your main motive for writing fanfiction?

Do you write original fiction as well?

And I think that's probably enough for you to answer right now!  But I would definitely support the Gregarious Goblins if that was a team! 

25yyfjl.png

Icon and signature by Violet@TDA

My stories [12+] My MTA [12+]

#10 soapman333

soapman333

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

I'm back stalking you to ask more questions!

I can't think of any more jokes at the moment, so I'm hoping if I answer your questions you'll forgive me?

Oh, this is a hard one!  You write all your characters really well, but I have a soft spot for Albus, Scorpius, and Leo.  They make things a lot more fun!  But I'd probably say Albus because he's really pretty cool. 

I'm going to say Leo and Charlotte, which is strange because I normally don't like pairings when the girl is older than the guy. 

Considering Albus is probably my favourite character, I'm going to say definitely!  But even if he wasn't in it, I'd still read it.  I've read almost everything you've written so far (I'll get round to leaving you a review soon, but I read Shut Up and Kiss Me all in one go and I was pretty tired after that) and you are a great writer!

Ha, don't worry about the joke ;) Thanks for answering my questions, I love seeing the differences my readers have when picking favourites. Oh, this does remind me that I finished your short-story a while back, but I don't think I left reviews on all of your chapters. I'll get to it sometime soon. Oh man, you flatter me *blushes*

More questions? Awesome!

What would your animagus form/patronus be?

I would want it to be a whale, because that would be super inconvenient, and extremely hilarious! However, I should be more thorough about this decision. Because I would just be thrilled to turn into an animal in general, I took a quiz for you :D My result was a toad. It goes on to say how this patronus isn't humiliating, because toads represents wisdom...? It's fine if you laugh, I laughed :p

Favourite Hogwarts subject?  And least favourite?

Transfiguration, I don't know why, perhaps it's because McGonagall is my favourite professor? Flitwick is okay, but McGonagall has that attitude that I enjoy reading. Least favourite would have to be Herbology. I don't do well with plants :p

Favourite magical creature?

Gah, I have so many...I'm feeling in the dragon mood right now. I'm going with it: my favourite magical creatures are dragons.

Beauxbatons or Durmstrang?

Oh, depends on the situation, for sure. If I had to pick which one is more awesome, I'd have to go with Durmstrange, because they ride around in freaking ships! Why am I so impressed by that? I have no idea.

If I had to choose which one to go to, I'd pick Beauxbatons, because it's full of French girls, and I'm pretty sure Durmstrange makes their students eat raw meat for breakfast. Have you seen them? Oh, maybe they just wrestle dragons every morning. Either way, I'd rather sit around and try to understand French accents.

If you could go to any shop in Diagon Alley and buy anything you wanted, which would it be?

Oh, Fred and George's Joke Shop! If we're talking about the Diagon Alley when Harry first went there, I'd probably go straight to the quidditch store to get myself a broom. I would love to ride a broomstick.

Biscuits or cakes? (You don't have to answer that, I'm just hungry!)

Hmmm, probably cake. Chocolate cake :) unless they were ginger snap biscuits. Those little devils have stolen my heart.

How often do you write?

Oh geez, I feel silly saying this, but quite often, and for very long periods of time. Usually when I'm in my kitchen, eating. I come up with most of my ideas in the kitchen...

So, to answer your question directly, I'd have to say nearly every other day for about three hours total.

What is your main motive for writing fanfiction?

I got into reading fanfiction about six months ago...? Maybe a year? An ex girlfriend of mine introduced me to it and I slowly got more into it. Eventually, as my writing habits tend to follow what I read, I came up with an idea about a werewolf girl. I didn't put it up right away (that would have been catastrophic. I originally had a whole different plot worked out), and I continued to add more ideas to it. Eventually, I figured, why the heck not? Which lead me to putting it up.

So, I guess you could say my initial motivation was just me wanting to try it all out. Now I upload stories on HPFF because I really enjoy this community of authors and readers. We're all here because we love Harry Potter, and that's awesome.

Do you write original fiction as well?

Oh yeah. Some of them I morphed into FF because I know that I probably wouldn't do anything with them. Let's see...I take my original characters from these fiction narratives that I've abandoned. I had one story about these two best friends: Leonidas and Sterling. I kind of separated those guys, putting Leo in Shut Up and Kiss Me and Sterling in Joke Wars.

I have one OF that I got really far along with about a boy who is drafted into a spy program. I got frustrated with one of the main characters (funny enough, her name is Ellie), so it's been thrown into the abyss of my computer.

I don't know. You just get so attached to some characters you develop, that when your story goes sour, you'll use them somewhere else. I could go on to tell you about how the original Leonidas had long hair and was characterized more like Albus, but there's no need, really :p

I made it seem like I don't have any creative OCs in my stories, because I've adopted them from past stories :/. Let me explain further, these characters on HPFF are completely different from their original form.

Anyways, long answer, sorry. I do still write OF, because I like to write :D

And I think that's probably enough for you to answer right now!  But I would definitely support the Gregarious Goblins if that was a team! 

Cool :) thanks for dropping by again :D Because nobody would suspect it, I would have a unicorn as the mascot! Go GGs!

#11 flavia

flavia

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

I am still laughing over your response to the 'what would you want your animagus to be?' question!

And first of all I have to apologise because the first time I read and reviewed 'Shut up and Kiss Me' I may have thought you were a teenage girl and looking back at that review it may have been just a teensy bit patronising.  *Hangs head in shame*  I'm a bit daft you see and didn't realise you a not a teenage girl but, in fact, David Tennant.

But that got me thinking, because you generally write romance and a lot of it is fluffy and stuff (I'm so good with the word using and everything), how did you get in to romance writing?  I mean, sure, guys can write romance as well as anyone (often better than women), but in the fanfic world it's not terribly common, so I'm intrigued.

Also, odd question, but do you prefer to write from a male perspective or a female perspective, and why?

Edit: Just thought of another question: Where did the name shut up and kiss me come from?  Because there is a singer her in Australia whom I hate with a firey passion who has an awful song by that name and it always gets stuck in my head whenever I hear the expression 'shut up and kiss me'.

Oh...a joke, I nearly forgot!  Ummmmmm.....

What do you call a blind dinosaur?

D'yathinkhesaurus?

Bahahahahaha...I. am. Hilarious.

Edited by flavia, 05 April 2013 - 02:41 AM.

Facing Tomorrow (M) | My Stories (12+) | My MTA (12+)

homecopy_zps56d51ddc.png

Fabbity Fab Icon by Emccentric & Adorbs Siggy by Kelso.  both @ TDA

#12 soapman333

soapman333

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

I am still laughing over your response to the 'what would you want your animagus to be?' question!

And first of all I have to apologise because the first time I read and reviewed 'Shut up and Kiss Me' I may have thought you were a teenage girl and looking back at that review it may have been just a teensy bit patronising.  *Hangs head in shame*  I'm a bit daft you see and didn't realise you a not a teenage girl but, in fact, David Tennant.

Ha, thanks :)

I don't really remember that review, and I hope that doesn't offend you, but I generally don't take offense to reviews left. I'm just experimenting, and most people probably won't like what they read. I should look it up though to see what I said, because I'm curious now...I shall after I answer your marvelous questions :D

Ha, I'd be surprised if you didn't think I was a teenage girl, to be perfectly honest. No worries there ;) Although, it does surprise me that the fact of me being a male changes your perspective on my story, maybe because it's hard to write kissy/angsty/teen-age scenes as a full blown bloke? Heh...my life...*stares at the wall in frustration*

David Tenant is the most manly man ever, so that makes up for it all :D

But that got me thinking, because you generally write romance and a lot of it is fluffy and stuff (I'm so good with the word using and everything), how did you get in to romance writing?  I mean, sure, guys can write romance as well as anyone (often better than women), but in the fanfic world it's not terribly common, so I'm intrigued.

I've been expecting this question *cracks knuckles* it's a long story...here's a brief outline: I wanted to write a fanfic about a werewolf, it was suggested by an ex of mine that I should start fanfics with romance (because it has a wider spectrum of readers on this site), I put the two together and got Shut Up and Kiss Me, my best friend got me to write three fluffy one-shots for Valentine's day (bribing, lots of bribing. Oh, and she said that they were going to be rubbish, so I had to prove her wrong, of course), Look at Me came after I got into a relationship with said best friend, and then there's Stammer and Joke Wars. (Geez, reading that all a second time makes me realize that girls control my life. Oh well, they're pretty and smell nice)

I'm slowly getting away from the romance writing...slowly.

If you think about how long I've been uploading stories, the amount of fluff I wrote actually doesn't seem that big :p (I uploaded my first story Dec, 2012). Plus I've got Joke Wars to take me away from it all :D That novel will be more humourous than fluffy.

Also, odd question, but do you prefer to write from a male perspective or a female perspective, and why?

Male :p most of my stuff is in a male perspective, I believe. Let me think about it: there's Ellie, Charlotte, Lily, and Rachel (I Got You to Laugh) compared to James (two of those), Leo, Albus (two of those), Scorpius, Stewart (Stammer), Sterling (Joke), and Scott (Punch).

I try to make the few female perspectives believable, and no one has really said anything about it yet, so I'm feeling okay about it.

Eh, I'm comfortable with writing about guys. What with my mates and my own experiences, I really know those insecurities that most blokes have and I've implemented them into my male characters: being rejected (James, Scott), feeling lonely (Leo, Scorpius, Sterling, James), looking weak (Stewart, Leo), not knowing enough answers (Albus, Leo), etc.

I also know the general spectrum of thought processes/brain activity. Not surprising, this is the section where I get annoyed when I read a poorly written male perspective. Actually, I'm fine with most mistakes. The one thing that really irritates me is when some writers overlook a major characteristic about us, males: We are oblivious to everything that is not said directly (except Albus, I wanted to give him characteristics that reflected Albus Dumbledore). I tried to make that a common theme with all of my other male characters.

Oh, a good example that came to mind when I wrote that is Scorpius in the flashback in Love and the Trolley Lady. How many times did Rose have to repeat that she fancied him before he got it? A million! He still doesn't understand it too, which cracks me up.

Edit: Just thought of another question: Where did the name shut up and kiss me come from?  Because there is a singer her in Australia whom I hate with a firey passion who has an awful song by that name and it always gets stuck in my head whenever I hear the expression 'shut up and kiss me'.

I'm looking that song up after I respond to this! :p

I plan my novels out. Well, that's a lie, I plan out my characters before I put the novel together. I find that when you know what to do with your characters, your story writes itself. So, I knew that I was going to write Ellie as a stubborn girl. I thought to myself, "What would I do if I fancied a stubborn girl that fancied me back, but refused to date me? I'd probably kiss her."

So, after staring at the kitchen wall for fifteen minutes as I ate a muffin, I came up with "Shut Up and Kiss Me"

Oh...a joke, I nearly forgot!  Ummmmmm.....

What do you call a blind dinosaur?

D'yathinkhesaurus?

Bahahahahaha...I. am. Hilarious.

Yes!! Hehe, I'm telling that one to nephew. He loves dinosaurs.

Thank you for dropping by :D!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users