11 replies to this topic

#1 apondinabluebox

apondinabluebox

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

Hi there! I'm Kate or Katie, use whichever you like! :happy: I'm The Misfit on the archives, and apondinabluebox on the forums... obviously. :laugh: I tend to use different usernames for every website I use, so my name changes a lot. Sorry!

After receiving some lovely reviews for my stories, I decided to set up an MTA thread for any readers who wanted to ask questions. There are links to all my stories in my signature. *hint hint* ;)

So without further ado... go ahead and chuck some questions at me! :D

call me isobel
ampthenboom_zpsed2c1426.png
stunning set by &thenboom @ TDA!
read my stories (12+) | ask me questions (12+)

#2 TenthWeasleyWriter

TenthWeasleyWriter

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

Well, this is timely, isn't it? :laugh: I'm here with some questions for you!

1) So, as you know, I've lately been captivated by Sheer Abandon. Where did you come up with the idea for that story?
2) Anything you can tell us about what's coming up for Fee and Sheer Abandon as a whole? (Details! I demand them!)
3) What is your favorite era to write in? Least favorite? What about to read?
4) How did you come across harrypotterfanfiction.com?
5) What famous mustache inspires you most?

yaHCK0O_zps34710904.png 

beautiful set by !badwolf @ TDA

hpff author's page (12+ thru m)

#3 apondinabluebox

apondinabluebox

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Haha! I just created one on the spur of the moment, so hello there already! :D

1) So, as you know, I've lately been captivated by Sheer Abandon. Where did you come up with the idea for that story?

I should have expected that one, shouldn't I? :laugh: I don't want to reveal too much in case you figure out the ending because to be honest, the ending was the actual idea and everything before that is ridiculously long background history. :p It just flowed naturally from my pen, to be absolutely honest. The only planning I ever did for Sheer Abandon in its one-shot form was Duchess' name (now changed to Fiona Phoenix, haha) and the ending of the story. (This blog post (12+) of mine gives some information about Sheer Abandon's history.)

When I decided to write Sheer Abandon as a novella / potential novel, I wanted to include the Blacks but I didn't know if that was possible. However, after looking up their YOBs and discovering that they were born around the same time as Tom, which was perfect. This gave me the quartet of Tom, Fee, Walburga and Alphard. Then I wanted someone to bring out the best and worst qualities in Fee- a frenemy, and I had my heart set on somebody canon but I didn't know who I could use. While researching the Blacks, I discovered
Spoiler
and with him came the filling to some plot holes. :D

2) Anything you can tell us about what's coming up for Fee and Sheer Abandon as a whole? (Details! I demand them!)

Well, I can guarantee that it's not Fee's mother writing those letters. :p I'm torn between two people who the letters could be from, but I haven't decided which of them is the writer yet. You will see though as the story develops that the letters do get more specific.

In future chapters, we see parts of Fee's childhood and her friendship with a boy called Sam. We'll have a flashback to the quartet meeting on the Hogwarts Express.
Spoiler

3) What is your favorite era to write in? Least favorite? What about to read?

To be honest, I don't know. Most of the plot bunnies lurking on my computer are related to the Marauders in some shape or form. I think that's down to the fact I love the Marauders so much and while most of James and Lily's story has been told by JKR, she's left Sirius, Remus and Peter open to authors' interpretations, so each fanfiction varies. It's however a little bit of a pet peeve when Peter is portrayed as being stupid and talentless when it's canon that he is skilled in the Dark Arts and Potions at the very least. I love new perspectives on existing characters too! ;)

As for what I don't like to write, probably Hogwarts era. I am tackling a post-DH one-shot about the Golden Trio though so we'll see. Least favourite to read would be Dramione. No offence to any Dramione authors / shippers but I just can't see them together. Crossovers are my least, least favourite.

4) How did you come across harrypotterfanfiction.com?

I noticed someone in my class reading fanfiction (for a different fandom) by looking over their shoulder in computer class, and when I got home I googled "harry potter fanfiction". The rest, as they say, is history. :D

5) What famous mustache inspires you most?

Can I ask the reason for asking this question? :laugh: I don't know that any famous moustaches inspire me, but I must admit to having a penchant for Poirot's moustache. In fact, I adore Poirot's whole character. (Poirot belongs to Agatha Christie btw, not me. ;))

Thank you for asking questions; if you ever have any more, don't hesitate to ask! :D

call me isobel

#4 teh tarik

teh tarik

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

Hello Katie :p I'm here to...ahem...interrogate you. My questions are going to be all over the place! I hope that's fine with you :) Soooooo.....here we go!

1. First of all, I LOVE DEFINING ASTORIA. I'm just really taken by your characterisation of Astoria, and by what you've hinted will come, and of course...that preview you just sent me. So, the inspiration for this story? Why Astoria? Is she a character you've always been interested in?

2. What is your favourite thing to write e.g. short story, novel, oneshot, poetry...do you write poetry at all :p ? And what genre?

3. OK, you update at a crazy pace. You always have new chapters / stories every week or so. HOW DO YOU DO IT. Do you sleep at all?

4. What is your absolute all-time favourite fanfiction...whether on this site or not?

5. The last five books you read besides anything HP?

6. The most irritating thing you find in fanfiction? And the absolute favourite thing you love about fanfiction?

7. Which character would you be in the books? And why.

8. OK, seriously. How many cats do you have?

9. When do you think you're going to give up fanfiction? (The answer had better be "never")

10. And...umm...a general question here. Your goals in life?

That's all :D

s4co.png
sig & icon by Tawhida, the Vivid One

all is fiction in the end (M)

#5 apondinabluebox

apondinabluebox

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Hello Teh! :D Ah, it's fine - feel free to spam me with questions anytime! :p

1. First of all, I LOVE DEFINING ASTORIA. I'm just really taken by your characterisation of Astoria, and by what you've hinted will come, and of course...that preview you just sent me. So, the inspiration for this story? Why Astoria? Is she a character you've always been interested in?

The inspiration for Defining Astoria was sparked when I read TenthWeasley's one-shot, A Multitude of Sins - it features Severus and the seven deadly sins, and it inspired me to write a one-shot linked to those seven deadly sins. I'm not sure why I chose Astoria - I just felt that as JKR basically wrote her into the books so Scorpius could have a mother, she deserved some kind of background history. :p

As you know, the one-shot spiralled into a short story with Pride being over 3,000 words long. And I'm most of the way through Gluttony with 3051 words and more to go. If the other sins are as long, Defining Astoria will end up being a novella-length. I'm not even sure when or how that happened...  :blink:

2. What is your favourite thing to write e.g. short story, novel, oneshot, poetry...do you write poetry at all :p ? And what genre?

Ooh, that's a hard one. Can I say Sheer Abandon? :p I think I have to say short story, just because novellas and novels take much longer to finish, and short stories (obviously) don't take as long. I've never actually finished a WIP yet, so I'm looking forward to the "I finished a multi-chaptered story!" buzz when I complete Defining Astoria. :D

For genre, I would have to say angst without a doubt. I think every single story on my page actually has angst as one of the genres. :ninjavanish:

3. OK, you update at a crazy pace. You always have new chapters / stories every week or so. HOW DO YOU DO IT. Do you sleep at all?

If you saw my HPFF files, you'd see chaos. I have *runs off to count* four uncompleted one-shots and a bunch of planning / research for a short story I plan to post later this year (3 WIPs is my maximum), along with uncompleted chapters for Defining Astoria and Sheer Abandon. Then there's my fifth uncompleted one-shot and the uncompleted chapter for The Girl Next Door, both of which I write exclusively on my BlackBerry.

I don't really know how I do it, and I know that doesn't sound like a very good answer, but it's an honest one! As I said before, there are some fanfics that I write exclusively on my phone, and some one-shots where I go from phone to laptop to phone to laptop again - Bittersweet was one of those. I think it's partly due to the fact that since I have no job / a commission-based self-employed job that takes me a few hours a week instead of 40, I have much more time on my hands.

So, yeah. It might seem to you that I update like crazy, but from this side of the screen it doesn't feel like it. :ninjavanish:

(Oh, and I do sleep. Just sporadically.)

4. What is your absolute all-time favourite fanfiction...whether on this site or not?

I have to pick?! :ohmy: Run by Toujours Padfoot is amazing, In The Black by TenthWeasley is wonderful (and while I haven't read the next two books in the trilogy, I'm betting they're just as awesome) and My Not-So-Imaginary Friend by The Quiet Girl is one of the most memorable fanfics I've ever read. All are highly recommended. :D

5. The last five books you read besides anything HP?

That question just reminded me of how behind I am on my non-HPFF reading. :ninjavanish: I'm currently reading Lone Wolf and re-reading My Sister's Keeper and Nineteen Minutes, all by Jodi Picoult. I'm also re-reading the Morganville Vampire series at the moment to refresh my memory so that I can get on with reading Bitter Blood, which is the 13th book out of 15 and came out last November.  :ninjavanish:

6. The most irritating thing you find in fanfiction? And the absolute favourite thing you love about fanfiction?

Oh, I have quite a few pet peeves in fanfics. One of them is when an author writes a "canon" story, then disregards the most basic of canon facts - I actually read one Marauders fanfic where Lily's eyes were blue:blink: Another Marauders fic involved a pure-blood character listening to an iPod on the Hogwarts Express - I just wanted to scream when I read that. There's so much wrong with that scenario that I could probably write an essay on it. :ranting:

What I love about fanfiction is how every author can put their own interpretations on situations / characters / events, especially when it's something so unbelievably unique like the first and third stories I recommended earlier, or when an author like Rachel (TenthWeasley) manages to take a cliche and un-cliche it so that even though it's slightly AU, you can really believe that her OC Beth is just as canon as the Marauders and Severus. :wub:

7.     Which character would you be in the books? And why.

This is the hardest of all the questions you've asked, I think. I can see qualities of myself in multiple characters, but I don't think there's a character we've explored in the books that I can 100% identify with. If I had to really choose, I'd say Bellatrix because when I get hooked onto something (*cough* HPFF *cough*), I live and breathe it, like she did with being a Death Eater. I also have an issue with people snooping into my personal life in RL - I went to boarding school and some of the girls in my year thought it was perfectly acceptable to go through my personal belongings.  :ranting: And from her Gringotts vault which we saw in DH, it's evident she doesn't like snoopers either. :p

8. OK, seriously. How many cats do you have?

Seventeen, I swear! :laugh: It all started when we bought two pet cats. A month or two after we had them, one of our friends found a mother and four baby kittens in a skip. The mother cat wouldn't leave her babies to find food, so she had almost starved to death when she was found. Our friend nursed them all back to health, but she wasn't able to keep them all because her landlord would only allow a maximum of two pets. She asked us if we were able to take one of the kittens, and we agreed, so she brought all three so we could pick which one we wanted. When she brought them, they were so nervous and stuck to each other like glue, and we felt really about about separating them, so we thought "hey, five's not that much more than two...".

Then one day a little boy came to our house, asking us if we could take his kitten in. He (the kitten) had an eye infection, and the boy's parents were going to put him down instead of taking him to the vet. So I took the kitten to the vet (it was only £10 for the medicine he needed!) and nursed him back to health and we kept him. After that, we became known around the area for having several cats, and then people started letting us know about stray cats locally, and a bunch of children came to the house one day with a bag of kittens that had been thrown into the local canal.  :ranting: We rescued them all, and at one point had almost 30 cats, but we rehomed most of them - the seventeen we have now are the misfits that stole our hearts. :p

I'm really sorry for this incredibly long and waffly response to a simple question. :blink:

9. When do you think you're going to give up fanfiction? (The answer had better be "never")

I've never actually thought about giving up fanfiction, so you're safe there. Plus I've got a whole list of New Year's Resolutions that are fanfic-related, so I'll be around for 2013 at least! :D

10. And...umm...a general question here. Your goals in life?

You mean apart from opening a Hotel for Cats a la the Hotel for Dogs movie?! :laugh: I'd like to own my own business one day, although what kind of business I still haven't decided. And definitely get married and have kids. I'd also love to visit New York City; it's one of the places I most want to go. :wub:

Thanks for asking questions; feel free to ask more if you'd like! :D

call me isobel

#6 ValWitch21

ValWitch21

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hi you!

1. What's your favourite era to read?

2. Who's your favourite character?

3. How did you come up with the idea for Fiona?

4. How the heck do you cope with seventeen cats? And what are they called?

5. Would you prefer living without chocolate or without fanfiction?

:D

1272740_original_zps5949f16c.png 1272388_original_zpsad123ff3.png1273593_original_zpsa0763254.png

icons found here [15+ just to be on the safe side]

BACK FROM HIATUS, SLOWLY UPDATING AGAIN.

#7 apondinabluebox

apondinabluebox

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

AAARGH! It's been a month since you commented here?! I swear I followed this topic, but HPFF unfollowed me... :ninjavanish: If I ever take more than a week to reply, you have my full permission to poke me and demand an answer. ;)

1. What's your favourite era to read?

I would have to say Marauders, although I really like stories set in the "Others" era. I think it mostly depends on the story - also, I tend to prefer reading completed fics although I do read some WIPs. :happy:

2. Who's your favourite character?

I honestly don't know - I love each of the book characters in different ways, and they're all my favourites for different reasons. That feels like a really awful answer, but honestly, it is! If I really had to choose though, I'd say Molly Weasley. She loves her kids, and she'd do anything for them and while she appears to be "just" a housewife, she's actually an incredibly skilled dueller. While I was reading Deathly Hallows, I was thinking, "If she was good enough to duel and kill Bellatrix, she must have had the potential to have a fantastic career - but she stayed at home to raise her kids". And the kind of love that she must have felt to do that for her children was really heartwarming. :wub:

And now you've given me a new plunny when I already have too many... :ninjavanish:

3. How did you come up with the idea for Fiona?

Spoiler

4. How the heck do you cope with seventeen cats? And what are they called?

I have no idea. They're actually quite well-trained, really, for cats. (Btw, it's now eighteen. We have a new kitten...) Although summers are horrendous - they bring back dead rats and a few snakes - some dead, some alive. (Sorry to any Slytherins reading this.) I always try to put the snakes in safe grassy areas, but I swear some just slither right into the cat's paws. :ninjavanish:

As for names: Bibby, Timmy, Felix, Question Mark, Mischief, Alex, Saoirse / Piggy, Dark, Baby, Posh, Ginger, Scary, Silver, Socks, Snowbell, Prince William, Prince Harry, and Batman. :p

5. Would you prefer living without chocolate or without fanfiction?

I could survive without chocolate - I did, for almost a year, and then Easter came along and destroyed my chocolate-abstinence. So yeah. I'd keep fanfiction and go without chocolate if I had to. :happy:

Thanks for the questions, Val! :hug:

call me isobel

#8 teh tarik

teh tarik

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

Katie! Questions!

1. You have quite a number of WIPs. :p And I've been privileged enough to be given the chance to beta a couple of them. You cover a wide and diverse range of subjects, from teen pregnancy to vampirism. Where do you get your inspiration from, and which are the hardest issues to write about, so far?

2. All your stories are interconnected in some way (you told me :p ). What is it about interconnectivity between characters that interests you so much?

3. You write a wide range of characters, from Rita Skeeter to Tom Riddle to Septimus Weasley to Mundungus Fletcher to Neville Longbottom. What is it about these characters that inspire you to write about them, and what kinds of lives do you enjoy writing about?

4. Will you ever write a story in a genre which you've never attempted before, e.g. fluff, AU, Crossover, horror/dark?

5. Your most hated pairing in fanfic? And if you had to write that pairing, how would you go about doing so?

♥ That's all for now!

Edited by teh tarik, 17 July 2013 - 11:37 PM.

s4co.png
sig & icon by Tawhida, the Vivid One

all is fiction in the end (M)

#9 Debra20

Debra20

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 492 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

Katie! I couldn't pass up the chance to ask you about "If Only They Knew" :p

1. What inspired you to write a story with a twist of this magnitude? How or where or why did this idea sprout from? I mean, even the banner is Dramione!:laugh:

2. What I'm most intrigued about however, is how did you manage to write the characters to seem like they were someone else? I read the whole piece completely certain they were Draco and Hermione and that final line simply blew me away. I started at the screen with my mouth open for about a minute. I think that's amazing!

3. What were your expectations in terms of public reactions? How did you expect people to react to it?

breathtaking set by that guy.@TDA (12+)

c5V5a9T.png

My Stories (12+ to M) \\ MTA (12+) \\ Review Thread (12+)

#10 apondinabluebox

apondinabluebox

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Eeeee! Teh, thank you so much for your questions! :wub:

1. You have quite a number of WIPs. And I've been privileged enough to be given the chance to beta a couple of them. You cover a wide and diverse range of subjects, from teen pregnancy to vampirism. Where do you get your inspiration from, and which are the hardest issues to write about, so far?

If I'm honest, I'm not actually sure where I get my inspiration from. It usually comes from several sources - for example, I read TenthWeasley's one-shot A Multitude of Sins and it got me really interested in writing about the seven deadly sins, which culminated in Defining Astoria - a one-shot that morphed into a short story that morphed into a novella... Then, when I sat down to work out how each of the sins would apply to Astoria, it was a combination of canon and RL that filled out her history. That probably wasn't a good answer, was it?

As for the hardest issues to write, I'd have to say teenage pregnancy. With the other issues I've written about, I've drawn experience one way or other, either through my own experiences or those of people close to me, (or in the case of vampirism, watching and reading far too much on the topic) but my only RL experience of teenage pregnancy is through the dad's POV, which is one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to writing Marshmallows For Breakfast one day in the far future. (I've decided - it'll be a short story collection from Teddy's POV detailing their child growing up) But after reading certain unrealistic teen pregnancy stories and Toujours Padfoot's blog, I want to make Just Seventeen as realistic as possible, and I think that makes it harder to write because I'm constantly second-guessing myself and wondering "Is this a realistic reaction? Would an actual pregnant teen do that?" and that's just one of the reasons why your support is so wonderful and I cannot thank you enough  :hug:

2. All your stories are interconnected in some way (you told me). What is it about interconnectivity between characters that interests you so much?

Haha, yes! I think it started when I first wrote Colin into Defining Astoria - I was just thinking: this boy is seen to Harry as an annoying pest, someone forgettable, and then a few years later he becomes one of the most important people in Harry's life, and to the people he says, and to Astoria also. What if there were minor events in a character's history that later becomes significant? For example, Caspian's little speech to Astoria as a child defines her personality for several years afterwards, even though it only took five minutes. (The speech, not writing it.) Short answer: I just like my fanfiction to be in its own little world in the Potterverse. Also, moments like Neville's hypocrisy when I was writing chapter one of Just Seventeen were fun!

3. You write a wide range of characters, from Rita Skeeter to Tom Riddle to Septimus Weasley to Mundungus Fletcher to Neville Longbottom. What is it about these characters that inspire you to write about them, and what kinds of lives do you enjoy writing about?

Rita was rather simple, because the whole Charita ship literally walked into my head! But I love writing her because I'm convinced that she could have turned out quite likeable - alas, a mixture of bad parenting and her own bad choices led to her unfortunate character. Tom was out of sheer curiosity, because I couldn't help thinking that he had to have a friend at school, especially as he was raised by Muggles and that would have become evident one way or another. He didn't seem particularly charming as a child either, so my headcanon is that Fee - the golden girl where she comes from - taught him how to manipulate people. And now I'm getting sad feelings thinking of how that backfired on her :( Septimus was chosen because I needed Fee's polar opposite, I wanted a character that was somewhat canon and some way to develop a subplot. He fitted all of those requirements, and because he was married to Cedrella I got an extra (and unexpected) subplot there!

I found Mundungus to be very one-dimensional in the books, and I just couldn't help but want to see more of his personality and his motivation for doing what he does. As for Neville, writing him in Just Seventeen was easy, because I wanted the Head of Gryffindor to catch them and at the time the story's set, he's Head in my headcanon. Picking him in Defining Astoria was - and this will sound cold - a process of elimination. When DA was a one-shot, I knew I wanted Astoria to end up with a Gryffindor we know from the books, someone who was near her own age and had fought in the Battle of Hogwarts. I knew I wanted to keep things canon, so Harry, Ron and George were out of the question. The Lust section is post-Hogwarts, which eliminated Colin and Fred. Then I wanted someone serious, sort of in the shadows when they were younger - and Neville's lack of confidence reminds me of Astoria's as a child, and I decided I wanted to ship her with Neville. Now, I can't see her with anyone else during that time period <3

Astoria has a penchant for Gryffindors :p

4. Will you ever write a story in a genre which you've never attempted before, e.g. fluff, AU, Crossover, horror/dark?

Well, Bite Club is set to Horror/Dark, so that should answer your question - and I have begun a fluffy (I think) WIP for JulNo, a Scorpius/Rose entitled The Best Of Friends, but I'm not too sure if it's fluff at all... As for AU and Crossover, both are definite nos at the moment. But, after reading TenthWeasley's Bad Blood, I've started to realize that AU isn't as terrible as I envisaged it to be. So watch this space.

(Side note: Rachel should come with a "BEWARE - THIS AUTHOR WILL INSPIRE YOU" warning tacked onto her :p In all seriousness, though, if you're stuck on writer's block read something of hers and it'll cure you.)

5. Your most hated pairing in fanfic? And if you had to write that pairing, how would you go about doing so?

BAHAHAHA. I love this question! Dramione - and although I've read some utterly breathtaking Dramione one-shots by slayground, it'll always feel a little off to me. But I did write one - If Only They Knew. Spoilery info below for that one-shot:

Spoiler

Thank you so much for your lovely questions :hug: (And sorry about the DA waffling; I'm writing chapter four today so it's currently on my brain...)

Oooh, Roxi, thank you for stopping by!

1. What inspired you to write a story with a twist of this magnitude? How or where or why did this idea sprout from? I mean, even the banner is Dramione!

Haha, yeah! Well, I alluded to that in the answer above to teh tarik's question, but I'll expand it here: I was browsing Recently Added and saw some summaries that seemed to make Draco and/or Hermione OOC. That really disappointed me, as I believe that any ship can be written realistically (within reason, of course) and even if I don't like that ship, I want to believe how they got together. So I decided to write a Dramione to prove that it can be done well, even if Dramione has been on my "dislike" list since I discovered people shipped them, and to challenge myself. The twist came halfway through, when I was struggling to end IOTK and was re-reading what I had written so far when I realized how similar the women in the one-shot were...

2. What I'm most intrigued about however, is how did you manage to write the characters to seem like they were someone else? I read the whole piece completely certain they were Draco and Hermione and that final line simply blew me away. I started at the screen with my mouth open for about a minute. I think that's amazing!

Aww, thank you so much for that compliment! :wub: I think it helped that I did intend for them to be Dramione at the outset, and even after I came up with the twist, I was constantly repeating to myself, "Draco is doing this, Hermione is saying that" to try to convince myself that they were still Draco and Hermione. And then I went back and took out the blonde references that were originally at the beginning. I'm so glad that I convinced so many people that they were Dramione though - ValWitch21 even said in her review that I had converted her to the ship and went and posted IOTK in the "Dramione" recommended ships. <3

3. What were your expectations in terms of public reactions? How did you expect people to react to it?

Honest answer: I was fully expecting die-hard Dramione fans to start hurling insults at me for tricking them into thinking IOTK's ship was different to what it actually was. That's why I put the pairing as "Other Pairing", and why it took me so long to decide to use a Dramione banner. But either HPFFers are astute enough to check the ships before they click, or they're polite enough to click the back button if they hated the twist, and I like to believe that it's the latter. I honestly did not expect such positive reviews, and whenever a Dramione fan says they like it or a non-Dramione fan says I've converted them (like Val) I start squeezing into oblivion. :wub:

Thanks so much for your questions! :hug:

call me isobel

#11 ValWitch21

ValWitch21

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

OKAY SO. I just saw that you said you loved Poirot , which gives me just another reason to love you.

1. What is it about his character that you like?
2. Which novel in which he appears is your favourite and why?
3. Which Agatha Christie novel is your favourite?
4. Would you rather have Poirot or Sherlock Holmes investigate your hypothetical suspicious death?
5. Other than TGND, do you think you might dabble with a mystery novel? (I haven't read everything on your page and there might already be one, in which case I apologise.)

:hug:

1272740_original_zps5949f16c.png 1272388_original_zpsad123ff3.png1273593_original_zpsa0763254.png

icons found here [15+ just to be on the safe side]

BACK FROM HIATUS, SLOWLY UPDATING AGAIN.

#12 apondinabluebox

apondinabluebox

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

Hello, Val! :D Thank you for the questions! :hug:

1. What is it about his character that you like?

I would have to say his quirks. He's always appealed to me the most of all the detective stories I've read - his little grey cells are amazing :wub: I love how he always remembers the smallest things, and finds out the murderer that way; his attitude towards cars is amusing, and the way he plays his cards extremely close to the chest. Also, they adapted some of the books for TV shows in the UK, with David Suchet playing Poirot and he is absolutely perfect. :p

2. Which novel in which he appears is your favourite and why?

The Mysterious Affair at Styles, because it was his first adventure and I loved learning more about his history. Curtain: Poirot's Last Case, because the ending was mind-blowing. Lord Edgware Dies, because I was absolutely hooked trying to figure out the murderer. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, because the identity of the killer blew me away and I was like "WHAAAAT?!"" and Murder in the Calais Coach (although I believe other editions have the title Murder on the Orient Express) because I loved the ending.

3. Which Agatha Christie novel is your favourite?

Can I say all of them? No? I have to pick just one? Then I'll go with Murder on the Blue Train, because it was my first-ever Christie novel that I bought. I loved it so much that when my primary school receptionist was selling her collection for charity, I saved up my pocket money and bought a load of Christie books. (It is my ambition to one day have read every Agatha Christie novel published.)

4. Would you rather have Poirot or Sherlock Holmes investigate your hypothetical suspicious death?

Poirot, always. Although that's partly down to the fact that I've never read the Sherlock books or watched the BBC show, so I have no idea of his abilities. Nevertheless, I'm sure even if I did, I'd still pick Poirot.

5. Other than TGND, do you think you might dabble with a mystery novel? (I haven't read everything on your page and there might already be one, in which case I apologise.)

The Girl Next Door is a novella ;) But Sheer Abandon is marked a mystery due to the protagonist's history, Bite Club is also a mystery because not all the characters are who they appear. However, if you meant murder mystery style, then that would be Handle With Care (although the murder is attempted).

Thank you so much for stopping by again :hug:

Edited by apondinabluebox, 27 July 2013 - 08:43 PM.

call me isobel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users