#1 Courtneyd

Courtneyd

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Greetings! And welcome to my MTA page!!
I'm Courtney, and I have been reading and writing for as long as I can remember.

I have two current fanfictions going, Missing and In Shadows We Roam so feel free to ask me any questions about either one of them, I luuuurve feedback!

I am the laziest person you will ever meet. I love to sit on my bed and watch all my favourite TV series-one of my favourite days was when my friends and I watched The Vampire Diaries for 48 hours non-stop. That is the extent of my social life.

I am a super awkward person, so I tend to write awkward characters. Or characters with a bad temper.

Well, I don't really know what else to say without sounding like I'm super self-obsessed (which I am) so I might just zip my lips now.

PEACE, LOVE AND ICE CREAM!!!!

I'm Courtney:) Signature and avatar by Apocalypse @TDA

9lgd.png

HPFF (12+ to M) Careful What You Wish For (M) Rise (M)

#2 peanuts11

peanuts11

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

First, of all, I love, love, love Missing. After your last chapter, I'm starting to like Charlie and Tori in equal measure.

1. How you write in a way that is balanced enough to both characters? Lemme clarify, How do you not show bias for your favourite pairing in the story?
2. Where did the inspiration for the story come from?
3. Favourite Harry Potter pairings?
4. Angst or Romance?

:D xx

#3 Courtneyd

Courtneyd

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

Yay! Someone actually replied to this topic! Questions! I'm so happy I could do a little jig...
Okay, so now on to the actual questions, Here we go:

1.) How to I not show bias for my favourite pairings? Hmm...interesting question. I guess when I write Charlie and Tori, I kind of put the other story out of my head and focus soley (that's a hard word to spell!) on the character I'm currently writing. Of course, if I'm writing from Charlie's point of view, Tori constantly has to be in the background, as the mystery of her disappearance is a key element of this story. But I focus on Charlie, Charlie's life and Charlie's relationships.
I also think that by making Tori and Charlie so different (they are very almost opposites in personality) it is easier to define their relationships-both relationships, especially between Tori/James and Charlie/James are very different from each other and this is how I don't show bias.
Phew. Sorry if that was long and rambling and didn't answer your question at all!

2.) My inspiration from Missing comes from two places: books and real life experience. Before I wrote Missing, I read several different books that were written in different POV's to get the gist of keeping the balance between characters. And though (in real life) I've never had anyone go missing, I can relate to several of the characters. For example, I am like Charlie because I am the Queen of Awkward and often say very odd things. I am like Aine because I can be out there and...weird. And I am like Clementine and Lavender, because I have a twin and (apparently) we really annoy people sometimes. We sometimes finish each others sentences or repeat what each other says, as cliche as that sounds!

3.) I have so many favourite Harry Potter pairings. My favourite canon ones are definitely James/Lily and Ron/Hermione. But some of my favourites I've read in fanfiction have been Scorpius/Rose, Seamus/OC, James II/OC and Oliver/OC (I have a soft spot for Oliver!)

4.) Angst or romance...hmm. I actually really like both these genres, and I feel they go really well together! Even though Missing isn't specifically labelled as angst, there definitely are some VERY angsty feelings there, which adds to the mystery of the whole plot. Also, I personally feel as though a good angst scene is a lot easier to write than a good romance scene, so I'd have to go with angst! Though I prefer to read romance.

I hope I managed to answer your questions! Thanks so much for asking them, you really made my day! I hope you keep reading (and enjoying) Missing until the very end!

Courtney:)

9lgd.png

#4 True Author

True Author

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hey Courtney! I just finished reading Missing and I have a few questions for you. :)

1) Tori is an interesting character. What was the inspiration behind her?

2)  Who is your personal favorite- Charlie or Tori?

3) Are you going to write a sequel to Missing? I feel you're going to as Albus and James didn't make up in the end.

4) Is Aine Luna's daughter? (I know this is a silly queestion. :p)

Thanks! :)

Beautiful Sig by impossible girl @ TDA!

orde.png

Ginny Potter is missing and the hunt has begun...

Through The Darkest(M)

#5 Courtneyd

Courtneyd

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

Hey there! I HAVE A SECOND REPLY TO THIS TOPIC! *HAPPY DANCE*

Okay, so onto your questions:

1.) The inspiration behind Tori...hmm. When I first started planning for Missing I said to myself "I want to take a look at the life of that classic, stereotypical popular girl with all the friends and the fittest boyfriend. But I didn't want her to be stereotypical. I wanted her to have some sort of deep, dark secret and a few flaws that she kept hidden. And so Tori came about. I also have to admit (and this is kinda embarrassing) that she is also inspired by one of my (former) best friends who suddenly decided that her little life wasn't good enough and that she needed more popularity.

2.) I honestly don't know whether I prefer Charlie or Tori! But although I really enjoyed writing Tori's chapters, because they were always so drama-tastic, I think I have to say I prefer Charlie as a person. Or a character. Whatever. Anyway, I can definitely relate to Charloe more easily with her strange and quirky humour and her general awkwardness. And she's definitely a lot nicer, too!

3.) I wasn't planning on writing a sequel, but I am considering it - I actually have an idea for what I could do, but I'm just not sure I have the time, what with all my other WIP's. However, my idea is to have a short story collection, with one chapter in each main characters point of view - Missing moments both after and during the events of Missing. But I can't guarantee this is ever going to happen :(

4.) No, Aine is not Luna's daughter, though I know they have several similarities. And there's no such thing as a silly question! Actually, in my head cnaon, Aine is Seamus Finnigan's daughter - though I guess he and Luna could've had some kind of secret affair :p

9lgd.png

#6 -BookDinosaur-

-BookDinosaur-

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

Hey! I'm here to bother you with questions. :) Sorry.

What was the inspiration behind The Dating Game?
And Ruby is an interesting character in Just A Game-what is the inspiration behind her?
What was the inspiration for Just A Game?
What's your favourite genre to write in?
What's your favourite canon pairing?
Favourite non-canon?
What's your favourite pairing?
What's your favourite era?

Sorry, I know it's a lot...

BookDinosaur - A proud RAVENCLAW :Ravenclaw: | Call me Emily!

bookdinosaursiggy_zps7dd4a0d7.png

Amy made this amazing siggy and it is the boss.

currently writing: (i must be dreaming), a oneshot about the little girl in the cave

Author Page (12+) | Review Thread (12+) | My MTA (12+)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#7 LilyLou

LilyLou

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

Courtney!  Can I express to you how much I adore your story 'Careful What You Wish For'?  I'm sure I've left a few reviews lying around through your chapters!

1. What inspired you to write an Oliver/OC fic?

2. What made you decide to have all three siblings so close in age?

3. What gave you the idea of the hidden room in the girls' dorm?

4. Is Hogwarts Era your favorite to write, or do you have other preferences?

Let me know!  Thanks!

Set by me, LilyLou@TDA

Jungle_zpsf30df87d.png

HPFF(M) | TDA (15+) |  | In My Time (M)

#8 Infinityx

Infinityx

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

Hello Courtney!

After reading and reviewing the first chapter of Rise, I thought I'd pop by and ask a few questions. So here goes!

1. What made you decide to write ff?

2. Who's your favorite canon character and why?

3. How much do you have planned out in advance before you start writing?

4. Why did you choose to write a story with Regulus as the main character?

Well, that's it for now!  :happy:

~~Infinityx~~

Beginning of the End (M) | End of the Beginning (M)

Author page (12+) | Review Request (12+)

The Sci Fi Challenge (12+)

credit to &thenboom@TDA for the icon

#9 Courtneyd

Courtneyd

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

Courtney!  Can I express to you how much I adore your story 'Careful What You Wish For'?  I'm sure I've left a few reviews lying around through your chapters!

1. What inspired you to write an Oliver/OC fic?

2. What made you decide to have all three siblings so close in age?

3. What gave you the idea of the hidden room in the girls' dorm?

4. Is Hogwarts Era your favorite to write, or do you have other preferences?

Let me know!  Thanks!

1. I've always loved Oliver - every time he popped up in the Harry Potter books he always made me laugh and so I thought Hey! Why don't I write a fanfiction about him? I also really wanted to write something that included Percy, but not have him as the central character.

2. I'm a twin myself, so I've always enjoyed writing about twins but honestly, I have no idea why I chose to write about triplets! I guess I thought it would be different and I (tried) to make their personalities all very different and unique, giving them room to bicker and have conflict between each other.

3. Once I'd decided I wanted to write an Oliver/OC, I knew immediately it was going to include Quidditch, since Oliver is Quidditch obsessed. But I didn't want this to be just a Quidditch story. So I came up with the idea for the Mirror, and the trapdoor kinda just followed.

4. This is actually my first attempt at writing Hogwarts era, but I really enjoyed it! I loved writing canon events from a different perspective. It's hard to say which era I enjoy writing the most, because I've pretty much written one or two things from every era. Maybe Next-Generation? I had a lot of fun with my Next-Generation novel Missing. But I would also like to write more about some of the various canon characters from the Hogwarts era!

Thank you for the questions, m'dear! :D

Hello Courtney!

After reading and reviewing the first chapter of Rise, I thought I'd pop by and ask a few questions. So here goes!

1. What made you decide to write ff?
2. Who's your favorite canon character and why?
3. How much do you have planned out in advance before you start writing?
4. Why did you choose to write a story with Regulus as the main character?

Well, that's it for now!  :happy:

1. I honestly have no idea what made me write fanfiction because, if I'm being truthful, I used to loathe it! But then I remember I went on holiday last year and I got this idea for a Draco/Ginny fanfiction (which never saw the light) and I began jotting ideas down. A couple of months later and my first fanfiction, Missing, was up on the archives. And I've been writing ever since! I also think fanfiction really inspires me to be a better writer - ever since I've been on this sght, my writing has improved so much!

2. That is such a hard question, because I have so many favourites for different reasons! I absolutely love Fred and George Weasley, because they're just amazing, and always made me laugh - and when Fred died I was so sad. And I've always loved Oliver Wood (shown by the fact that I've written a fanfiction about him). And I've also had this random soft spot for Seamus Finnigan!

3. Usually I come up with an idea for a story and then write a brief plotline of the whole thing and list the main characters - their names, ages, appearances, personalities and backstorys. Sometimes this is all I do but sometimes I go further and actually write a brief to detailed synopsis of each chapter - this is what I have done with Rise.

4. I'd been reading a few stories set in the Marauders era and I knew I really wanted to write a dark story set in that era, but there were already so many stories like that from Lily, James and Sirius' point of view. I decided I wanted to be different! There were hardly any Regulus Black stories (that I know of) and I've always had a soft spot for him - and so, Rise was born!

Thank you for the questions! :D

9lgd.png

#10 800 words of heaven

800 words of heaven

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

Heya! We do not speak often enough because I am a terrible reviewer. However, to show my appreciation of your writing I am dropping to say hello, here in your MTA :give_rose: Here is a rose.

1) Do you feel that you are typecast as an author?

2) Why do you write the genres that you write? Having read Missing, you have a flair for mystery, but also having read your other stories, you do not shy away from drama or angst - or romance. What draws you to these genres?

3) Would you say that what you read influences what you write?

4) Who do you think is the most underappreciated character in fanfiction?

5) Any writing crushes on fellow fanfiction authors? :jazzy: (I never pass up an opportunity to use this gif)

Goodbye

Tamora Pierce Quote Challenge (12+)

o8855u.jpg

Author Page (12+ to M) | MTA (12+)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users