12 replies to this topic

#1 MissMdsty

MissMdsty

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Hello there! I'm MissMdsty, author of "End of an Era" -Minerva McGonagall one shot; "The Way We Were" - Sirius/OC novel and "The Mysterious Case of the Twin Wands" -NextGen Mystery Novella.

Looking forward to chatting with you, drop me a line or two! :)

AZ1lJ5g.png

set by penseé @ tda

Author Page (15+ M) || MTA ||

#2 my_voice_rising

my_voice_rising

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hello hello hello!

Some fun questions for you :)

1. What are your favorite pairings, canon and crackship?
2. Who do you identify with the most in the series and why?
3. Who is your least favorite character and why?
4. If you could work anywhere in the world of HP, where would you work?
5. If you could eat one sweet from HP, which one would you try?

sig_zps9103810a.png

stories (12+M)

absolutely gorgeous set by inspector. @ tda

#3 MissMdsty

MissMdsty

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

My first questions! *squee* I siriusly love you (yes, I went there) but you knew that already! :shy:

So here goes!

1. What are your favorite pairings, canon and crackship?

My favorite canon pairing would have to be Lily/James. They were the first ship I read years ago when I discovered fanfiction and they just stuck with me. As for the crackships, which I know you love, your status update from last week (I think it was last week) put me in the mood to read Remus/Narcissa and I found a few good ones. I've also read some interesting Riddle/McGonagall stories. And I don't know if this is considered a crackship, but my guilty pleasure is Sirius/Lily. :blushing:

2. Who do you identify with the most in the series and why?

If I told you I've never considered this before would you believe me? Of course not, but I actually haven't. But come to think of it, I guess I'm a Ron Weasley, in the sense that I'm very loyal and protective of my friends, even if I don't always show it in the most elegant way and have the tendency to stick my foot in my mouth more often than not (I cannot control myself). And like Ron, since I invest so much in the well being of those around me, I don't take it lightly when they may not be as attentive to my feelings as I feel they should. But our main common characteristic is that we just say whatever pops into our heads without thinking. I do that all the time.

3. Who is your least favorite character and why?

I would have to say Umbridge but not because she made Harry's hand bleed and sacked a bunch of teachers. No. It's because in my opinion she symbolizes everything that is wrong with the way modern day society is being led. She was put in a position of authority and instead of using it to improve the workings of society, she uses it to see an end to her own petty means, not caring who she has to step on to get there, simply because she has the shield of public power in place to protect her. She is the model for a corrupt and malfunctioning system, pretty and pink on the outside and twisted and rotten on the inside.

4. If you could work anywhere in the world of HP, where would you work?

I think I would work in the Law Enforcement Department, because I've wanted to work in the legal system since I was five years old and even in the magical community, I couldn't imagine myself doing anything else.

5. If you could eat one sweet from HP, which one would you try?
You're making me choose one sweet? What did I ever do to you? But if I absolutely must choose, I would say Sugar Quills. They sound super yummy to me.

Thank you for stopping by and expect me on your MTA as soon as I have the chance to cook up some questions for you! *hugs*

AZ1lJ5g.png

set by penseé @ tda

#4 Debra20

Debra20

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 492 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

Hullo! I'm here with some questions if you will :bye:

1. The Mysterious Case of the Twin Wands sounds like a very interesting story. The summary is very compelling and every time I click on your Author's Page I'm very much tempted to read it (promise I will very soon-ish!). So the question is: how did the idea of writing a Next Gen mystery come to you? What was the spark that ignited the fire of your imagination for this story?

2. What comes next after this novella? Spill the beans :p

3. Are you a planner or a person that goes with the flow of ideas, rather than make an outline and pinned to the wall plot points?

4. Favourite author and favourite story on the Archives

5. How do you deal with writer's block, if you experience any?

:hug:

Edited by Debra20, 07 February 2013 - 06:28 PM.

breathtaking set by that guy.@TDA (12+)

c5V5a9T.png

My Stories (12+ to M) \\ MTA (12+) \\ Review Thread (12+)

#5 MissMdsty

MissMdsty

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Hello there! Oh questions, I love questions! Let's get to it then!

1The Mysterious Case of the Twin Wands sounds like a very interesting story. The summary is very compelling and every time I click on your Author's Page I'm very much tempted to read it (promise I will very soon-ish!). So the question is: how did the idea of writing a Next Gen mystery come to you? What was the spark that ignited the fire of your imagination for this story?

Take your time with the reading, it's half done (almost) and some readers have been getting upset with all the cliffhangers. I just can't help myself!

The idea for this story. At first I really wanted to write a NextGen story. I had read a few of them and I knew the characters and had an image in my head about what they would look like. Then I started reading action/adventure stories and I fell in love with the fast pace of it all. I started to think about ideas for an action adventure of my own. One day one of my friends gave me a book to read, by Rodica Ojog Brasoveanu (you know of her works I'm sure). In this book, there was a lot of mystery and the plot kept on escalading until you reached a point where you were so far from where you started but it made perfect sense that you were there (it's hard to explain, you'll just have to read it  :happy:). I finished that book in one night and when I closed it the first sentence of the very first chapter of "Twin Wands" came to mind. I sat down and wrote 3 or 4 chapters in one sitting. And wow that was a long and twisted explanation.

2What comes next after this novella? Spill the beans  :p

After this novella comes... studying. No, I'm joking. I couldn't bear to leave you all. I have two ideas, both for short story collections. The first is to turn a one-shot I already have, "The Joys of Motherhood", which is about the Golden Trio and Ginny dealing with the issues of parenthood into a short story collection covering more funny moments of their lives with children. I'll probably do that this month.

The second is also a short story collection, that would only be four chapters long and would feature Lily Evans Potter, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood and Ginny Weasley. That's all I'm saying right now.  :whistling1:

3Are you a planner or a person that goes with the flow of ideas, rather than make an outline and pinned to the wall plot points?

Before "Twin Wands" I never planned anything. I'd just sit down and type away and whatever happened, happened. But trying to tackle wandlore and make it believable made me have to come up with a plan. I did my research, I re-read "The Tales of Beedle the Bard", I tried to make everything as canon as possible. Then I had to actually do an outline of the story, which I have written in a notebook, what happens chapter by chapter. 

Though nothing ever goes as planned. Rose and Scorpius almost have minds of their own, things just happen with them.  :paranoid: 

4Favourite author and favourite story on the Archives.

You can't really make me choose! That is so hard. So I'll cheat a little, cause I'm sure you'll forgive me.

Best Marauder Era: "Before They Fall" by Jchrissy

Best Trio: "Harry Potter and the Conspiracy of Blood" by CambAngst

Best NextGen: "Morrocco" by Majikat

As for authors, I always love reading anything from CambAngst and Jchrissy. Their writting is always flawless. 

5How do you deal with writer's block, if you experience any?

I do experience writer's block quite a lot. I know how I want the story to be, but I can't get it out of my head and down on paper. It's frustrating. But my luck (I guess) is that so much of my inspiration comes from music. I hear a song and the scenes just pop into my head so when I have writer's block I listen to those songs and everything comes back to me. 

Other times I'll hear a song and just get very inspired. I wrote 10.000 words on the weekend I discovered Ed Sheeran's song "Give Me Love". I just couldn't stop. And I listened to that song a lot. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and ask me a few question! You're great!  :kiss:  :hug:

AZ1lJ5g.png

set by penseé @ tda

#6 ValWitch21

ValWitch21

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Hi my dear! I'm fairly lazy so I just skimmed over the previous posts, apologies if some questions repeat themselves.

1. What pushed you to write The Mysterious Case of the Twin Wands ?

2. Any tips for someone who'd try to write a mystery story?

3. Why did you choose to set your story with Next Gen?

4. Do you find ScoRose to actually be a plausible pairing?

5. What is your latest plunny about?

Until next time... :flowers2:

1272740_original_zps5949f16c.png 1272388_original_zpsad123ff3.png1273593_original_zpsa0763254.png

icons found here [15+ just to be on the safe side]

BACK FROM HIATUS, SLOWLY UPDATING AGAIN.

#7 MissMdsty

MissMdsty

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

1. What pushed you to write The Mysterious Case of the Twin Wands ?

I really wanted to do a mystery story. It just got stuck in my head and it wouldn't leave me alone. I always found the idea of wandlore very interesting and in my head it's a huge part of wizarding history, which I thought should be explored. 

It's only a few more chapters now, and I'm going to be so sad to see it all over. This story is my baby in so many ways and I'm just staring at the blank page and I can't will myself to type up those last few pages. 

2. Any tips for someone who'd try to write a mystery story?

It's all in the planning! Plan, plan, plan! I have everything for my story written down in a notebook and I'm always looking for loose threads or plot holes. You should also frequently check that the facts stay constant from once chapter to the next. You don't want to contradict yourself. 

If you're anything like me, the ideas will come to you as you write. I have so many subplots and pieces of information that just didn't make the cut, because they would've been unnecessary additions. If you have a plan and it works and it flows in a logical way, my tip would be just stick to it. You don't want to go back, read and think "Why on Earth isn't this making any sense?"

3. Why did you choose to set your story with Next Gen?

I love NextGen. You have this brand new cast of characters that are like clean slates and you can work with. They are part of the original cast of characters, their children, but you have so much uncharted teritory. This is a whole new saga just waiting for us authors to explore and I love that. 

4. Do you find ScoRose to actually be a plausible pairing?

ScoRose is the skeptic's Dramione! :D I for one think that Ron tempted fate in the epilogue, with the famous last words "Don't get too friendly with him!". I my mind, they're canon. We have these 7 books that are all about defeating challenges and thriving in the face of adversity and in the end the two characters that have no love for each other, Draco and Ron have children of the same age and different genders. It's all set up for us. JK doesn't say things just for the sake of filling up pages, that much we know, so yeah, they're as plausible for me as Lily and James or Harry and Ginny.

5. What is your latest plunny about?

I have a few ideas for some short stories, but my next big project will be a romantic comedy featuring Rose and Scorpius. It'll get posted sometime in April or May and it's going to be something light and funny, not dark and angsty like Twin Wands. The project is something I'm very excited about, since it's going to combine some of my favorite things like humor and romance and an unexpected job for one of the main characters. 

Thank  you so much for stopping by dear!  :hug: I had so much fun answering these!

AZ1lJ5g.png

set by penseé @ tda

#8 soapman333

soapman333

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

What did the policeman say to his tummy? I've got you under a vest! Hehehehehe *cue giggling like a teenage girl*

I've been meaning to stalk you and ask some questions:

1-I've noticed that you write your stories from a female's perspective (well, the ones I've read :p) and I was wondering if you'd ever try to write from a guy's perspective. Would that be challenging for you?

2-Oh you've got that one-shot about motherhood, so I was wondering how you feel about the new teen pregnancy craze going on.

3-Where do your plunnies usually come from?

4-Humor versus Dark/Suspense, which do you prefer reading and why.

5-Lastly, if you could live in any era of the Potter realm, which one would live in and why?

Thanks!

Awesome signature and icon by heartfelt.@TDA

tennant_zpsd454756d.png?t=1361615662

"Let us live so that when we come to die, even the undertaker is sorry." - Mark Twain.

MTA Page: here (12+)

#9 MissMdsty

MissMdsty

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

Hello there! Thanks for stopping by!:D

1-I've noticed that you write your stories from a female's perspective (well, the ones I've read  :p) and I was wondering if you'd ever try to write from a guy's perspective. Would that be challenging for you?

I do have some bits and pieces from a guy's POV in my NextGen novella. I guess I tend to write female characters a lot because the plunnies just come that way. "Verity", one of my one-shots, is also in a male POV. It's easier for me to write a female's perspective, since, well, I am female. I don't find male perspectives challenging, although those stories do tend to take a lot more time to complete. Getting into your heads is hard work, guys!

2-Oh you've got that one-shot about motherhood, so I was wondering how you feel about the new teen pregnancy craze going on.

Is teenage pregnancy a thing now-a-days? Oh dear, I should warn my brother! 

I have noticed people around me getting pregnant, but I'm out of my teens. Personally, I blame the lack of responsability for teenage pregnancy. We live in a world where any kind of information is a couple of clicks away. I mean, look at us. We're half way across the world and once I press the send button, you'll see this instantly. The only way in which you could have accidents like these in this day and age is because girls don't care to be informed. I was once young and restless and in love, but when we're talking pregnancy... it's a human life, you can't treat it lightly.

Although I am aware that accidents sometimes happen, and my heart and respect go out to the women who have had to tackel this responsability and have done so wonderfully, there are many young girls at very young ages that don't think it could happen to them. And that just makes me sad.

3-Where do your plunnies usually come from?

They come from all over the place. Songs, conversations I have or hear, coffee, a mood swing. You name it, I'll write a story about it. My novella has so many sources of inspiration,it would fill the content of a short story if I were to type them all out. I have a very active imagination and usually the plunnies come almost completed to me. I just have to get off my lazy back side and type it up!

4-Humor versus Dark/Suspense, which do you prefer reading and why.

I guess it depends on my mood. I have these days when I want to read humor stories, and others when I just curl up with angsty Sirius/Lily stories. I love a good mystery as much as the next person. But usually I love a good laugh and those are my go to stories. And romances. What can I say? I love reading a good romance.

Then of course there are those epic stories on the archive that have all of those elements and you sit and read away and suddenly it's 3 am and you just don't care! PM me if you want recommendations! :D

5-Lastly, if you could live in any era of the Potter realm, which one would live in and why?

Marauder era! Then I could be friends with Sirius Black and one day he'll play this prank on me and we'll have a fight and he'll start seeing me in a new light.... Oh! That's a plunny right there! :D But really, I think the Marauders had the most fun and really, it was the 70s! Worth exploring!

Thank you for stoping by! Here's my joke!

"Honey, what do you want for your anniversary present?"

"Oh, I really don't care for anything special, as long as it has an automatic gearbox."

AZ1lJ5g.png

set by penseé @ tda

#10 CambAngst

CambAngst

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

Hi, Ral! I told you I'd be by soon. :)

• One thing I really admire about Twin Wands is the way that you aren't afraid to delve past what's known from canon and really try to work out the details behind things like Wandlore and old, pure blood lineages. Where do you find your inspiration and insight for filling in the gaps?
  • Do you think Rose and Scorpius would have wound up together if their respective fathers didn't hate one another so much? Is there something else that pulls them together aside from a desire to rebel against their fathers, or is that the major thing?
  • What sorts of advantages does your legal education give you when writing HP fan fiction? Does it ever make things harder?
  • What is the best thing about being Romanian on a site where most of the authors are Brits and Yanks? What's the worst thing?
  • When do you do most of your writing? Do you set a specific time aside or do you write whenever spare time and inspiration collide?
  • Out of all the HP characters who aren't Hermione, who would make the best attorney? Who would be the worst?
  • If I gave you a choice between a Sneakoscope, an Extensible Ear and a baby dragon, which one would you choose? ;)

That's all I have right now. Thanks!

You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be. - Albus Dumbledore
My Author Page (stories range from 15+ to M) - My MTA Page (12+)
Posted Image

#11 MissMdsty

MissMdsty

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

You ask such interesting questions! I can't wait to get to them!

1. One thing I really admire about Twin Wands is the way that you aren't afraid to delve past what's known from canon and really try to work out the details behind things like Wandlore and old, pure blood lineages. Where do you find your inspiration and insight for filling in the gaps?

When I first started writing I did a bit of research and discovered things such as how far back the pure blood lineages go and generally on family trees. I'm a geek like that, I love history, so that was very fun for me to do. As for the wands, I tried to imagine how such an instrument was built. You have a magical core and wood. In my mind, these things need to be compatible. I actually compared them to cellphones. It doesn't matter if it's the best cellphone in the history of mobile communication, if you have the wrong battery, it's useless. Wandlore played a big part in DH and I really wanted to explore it further. 

2. Do you think Rose and Scorpius would have wound up together if their respective fathers didn't hate one another so much? Is there something else that pulls them together aside from a desire to rebel against their fathers, or is that the major thing?

Rose and Scorpius in my head were hinted at by canon. I know JK Rowling doesn't just write stuff to have it written. Everything matters in the end (the common garden rat that's been in the family forever?). And just the idea that Rose might get friendly with Scorpius is so upsetting for Ron that it just has to happen! It's never follow the butterflies, if you will.

I see Rose as very similar to Ron, while in my head Scorpius is the exact opposite of his father. Somewhere along the line at Hogwarts, they must have crossed paths and I don't think Rose would be one to go unnoticed. I don't see it as a desire to rebel. It would've been over 20 years since the end of the war by the time they would be old enough to get in a romantic relationship and I don't think even Ron could hold a grudge for so long!

3. What sorts of advantages does your legal education give you when writing HP fan fiction? Does it ever make things harder?

When writing the technical aspects of Twin Wands for example, that helped, since I know at a basic level what a crime scene investigation looks like, how it must be done, how the evidence is stored, who has access to it and so on. Other than that, I don't think I've had any other advantages. It never made things harder because I was writing fanfiction long before I was a law student. Truth be told, I'd love to take any legal exam from a Harry Potter book. I'd pass with flying colors!

4. What is the best thing about being Romanian on a site where most of the authors are Brits and Yanks? What's the worst thing?

The best thing is when I get to plan my dragon hunting vacation with people on the forums! They all have such fun ideas! The bad part is I think I've already sent Charlie Weasley to about four different parts of the world by now. And nobody wants to share!

I wouldn't call it the worst thing, but I can see the difference in the writing. It's easier for people who speak English as their native language to write and express emotions or describe scenes which require a lot of detail, like action scenes, where nobody has time to talk. While in Romanian I could do it in a heartbeat, when I write in English I have to look up certain words and try to find the appropriate translation. That is a challenge sometimes. Other than that, I've been an English speaker for almost 20 years so I don't find that hard.

5. When do you do most of your writing? Do you set a specific time aside or do you write whenever spare time and inspiration collide?

It depends. I usually write when I have an idea. Most of them are just drafts in my laptop. If I'm not at home I'll scribble the idea down and get to it when I'm home. I don't set aside a certain time to do that. I've had weekends where all I did was write, because I just couldn't stop and I've had weeks when I was just staring at the screen and thinking "what was I going to do again?"

6. Out of all the HP characters who aren't Hermione, who would make the best attorney? Who would be the worst?

For me, the best quality an attorney has is to make you believe, truly believe what they want you to believe. So in that aspect I think Snape would've been a very good attorney. He is hard to read and is persuasive. The worst would probably be Hagrid, since he just can't leave anything out or "dress it up" when he presents you with a fact.  

7. If I gave you a choice between a Sneakoscope, an Extensible Ear and a baby dragon, which one would you choose?

A baby dragon! As long as he stays a baby forever. My back yard isn't big enough to hold a grown dragon. The Muggles that live in the neighborhood might suspect! I'm a huge pet lover but my mom is allergic to almost anything, animals included, so I miss having pets!

This was so much fun! Thank you for stopping by!

AZ1lJ5g.png

set by penseé @ tda

#12 Debra20

Debra20

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 492 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

Hello Ral! So I've finally been able to catch up on your chapters of the Twin Wands novel, and I HAD to come and ask you some questions!

1, First off, how were you inspired to write a story about wandlore? Before your story, I found it a very boring branch of magic studies :p

2. Your plot feels very cohesive and it moves forward with great pace. What's your technique? How do you go around writing your scenes, while not confusing yourself with that's coming next and what not yet?

3. I must confess I am in love with your Scorpius portrayal. Tell me, what's the secret to writing his character? How do you not fall into clichés?

4. I hear you're planning a sequel. Is there any chance you could let us in on something? :D

breathtaking set by that guy.@TDA (12+)

c5V5a9T.png

My Stories (12+ to M) \\ MTA (12+) \\ Review Thread (12+)

#13 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

So in the celebration of your return, I must ask you some questions.

1. Why is your Teddy Lupin so dreamy?  Ahem. I mean, will you ever write a Teddy-centric story? ;)

2. Is there anything you've already started writing, but haven't finished?

3. What for you was the best part of writing Twin Wands? Do you have a chapter you loved writing/planning for?

4. Is there an era you're scared of tackling?

5. If you could have any character from any book or T.V. show/movie make a "guest appearance" in Harry Potter, who would it be and what would they do?

Have fun answering!

ieJcLLA.png  wPsOfwQ.png  hrxnCfh.png

icons by bloodstream7@lj

I write stuff sometimes. {15+ to M}      

For you, a thousand times over.[12+]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users