• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 patronus_charm

patronus_charm

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 674 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Hello there, I'm Kiana and welcome to my MTA page.  :)

I have quite a few one-shots, short stories and novels on my author's page which you can find here. I love answering questions so feel free to ask me anything you want to!

Edited by stargazer, 27 August 2013 - 08:22 PM.
Requested

oHj3rse.gif
author page [12+]| mta [12+] | gallery [15+]

currently writing: essays for school :(

#2 Mystique17

Mystique17

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Hi. :bye: I've got several questions for you.

1) What is your OTP?

2) Where did you get the idea for Escaping the Storm?

3) Why do you consider yourself to be a Ravenclaw

3) What is your favorite type of HP fan fiction to write? (Character, era, ship, genre, etc)
4) Out of all the deceased characters in the Harry Potter series, who would you bring back to life? Why?

5) Is there a character or pairing you wish you could write but just can't?

3vxlG4t_zpsc55be212.png

Icon and Sig by (sol) @ TDA

My MTA Page (12+) | My Author Page (12+ - M)

#3 patronus_charm

patronus_charm

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 674 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Hey Charlie!

1. What is your OTP?

Is it alright if I have 3, because I love them all so much I can't choose between them. Well it has to be James/Lily, Sirius/OC, and don't kill me Draco/Hermione. I really love the first two as the Marauder's era is my favourite and even though it usually ends sadly with one or both of them dying, its just there's always so much drama and romance in it, you can find really great stories there. As for Draco/Hermione, I love Romeo and Juliet, and I guess you can draw a lot of comparisons between both of their relationships, and forbidden love just creats so much drama and tension, it's great to read.

2. Where did you get the idea for Escaping the Storm?

Hmm, I guess I've read a lot of Sirius/OC stories, and I didn't always like how they ended, or they weren't believable enough for me, so I wanted to write one which I felt could show a more believable side to the story. I also love the Marauder's era so that was a major factor in writing it :)

3. Why do you consider yourself to be a Ravenclaw?

I guess it's because I always feel the need to know everything, I mean Wikipedia is one of the most visited websites on my laptop so that showed a lot of Ravenclaw. I'm also incredibly competitive when it comes to exam results and if I do badly in one I will not be happy! I also feel very Ravenclaw, because even though I have quite a few traits from the other houses, I always just felt more at home in Ravenclaw, and I always imagined if I went to Hogwarts that was where I would end up. Also I was sorted into Ravenclaw on Pottermore and on here, so it must be a sign. One more trivial reason is because I love blue and that's the house colour!

4. What is your favorite type of HP fan fiction to write? (Character, era, ship, genre, etc)

Ooh, a tricky one. My favourite genre is definitely drama/romance, as I have tried others, but they're all so much harder to write! I'm not really bothered by character or ship as I like writing about different ones, as it's more interesting, and I think I would get confused if I wrote more than one story about the same ship. As for era it would have to be the Marauder's you can explore it in so many ways it's so much fun to write. I also love it because yu have character foundations so you do have something to fall back on if you're completly stuck, unlike next generation where it's completly up to you!

5. Out of all the deceased characters in the Harry Potter series, who would you bring back to life? Why?

I think it would have to be Sirius, because he never really had much of life. He was brought up by horrible, prejudiced parents, then running away, for his free adult hood he was trying to rid the world of dark forces, then he was accused of killing his best friends and ended up in Azkaban for about 13 years, then hiding from the ministry and finally being killed by your own cousin isn't what I call fun. I just want him to have one last chance of happiness as I feel he deserves it, you think he'll get it in The Prisoner of Azkaban then JK takes it from you, so I just want him to be able to relax for once and not have to be running or hiding from someone.

6. Is there a character or pairing you wish you could write but just can't?

Minerva McGonagall, I think she's a really cool character and I think I'm quite like her, so I really want to write her. I had this plot bunny of her being caught in love triangle with Moody and Tom Riddle, but however much I tried I just couldn't get into her mindset :( I guess I could give it another shot though :)

oHj3rse.gif

#4 Katty01

Katty01

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

If you had a patronous, what animal would it be?

If you had to TEACH a hogwarts subject, what would it be?

If you had to come up with an alternete ending for HP, what would it be like? (No, I wouldn't change a thing doesn't count.)

-Krissy

*Krissy

#5 patronus_charm

patronus_charm

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 674 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Yay questions! And it's nice to see you Krissy!

If you had a patronous, what animal would it be?

I think it would be some type of cat. Their lifestyle really suits me and I love cats!

If you had to TEACH a hogwarts subject, what would it be?

I think it would be something obscure like Divination or Astronomy. Both of those subjects really interest me, as I like the idea of being able to see in the future, and I think they seem more fun compared to the other types of lessons.

If you had to come up with an alternete ending for HP, what would it be like? (No, I wouldn't change a thing doesn't count.)

Hermione would be Vitkor Krum insteady of Ron. While I like Rominion, I just always envisage their relationship to be a platonic one rather than a romantic one so I've always had issues with that. With Hermione and Krum I think the fact that they don't seem well suited on the surface, but I can imagine they would be on the inside. I would have also liked to know more about the effects of what Snape really did had on the wizarding community. I can see why JK brushed over it, due to time constraints, yet I feel as if that's arguably one of the most key parts of the series and I felt she could have lingered over it for longer.

Thanks for the questions!

oHj3rse.gif

#6 PitchBlue

PitchBlue

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hi there! I finally collected the courage and just decided to randomly ask you stuff. So, here we go!

1. In your story 'Against All Odds', where do you get inspiration to portray Tonks' sense of humour?

2. What do you think of so - called 'cliché' stories (for example, hate/hate relationship but they end up together) that are brilliantly written? (just saying, I love them, there's a reason they're called cliché's.)

3. What, according to you, makes a good fanfiction?

Thanks! Sorry for the possibly weird questions :)

amazing set by Kiana!

Unea6D3.gif

my stories (15+ to M) - gallery (15+) - MTA

#7 patronus_charm

patronus_charm

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

Ooh yay questions :D I love being asked random stuff, it's so much fun :D

1. In your story 'Against All Odds', where do you get inspiration to portray Tonks' sense of humour?

Haha, can I first say I'm glad you find she's funny, as I always loved that about her, and at times I think it's just me who's laughing :p This question's actually quite difficult to answer, I try and think about how Tonks would act to a situation - which is usually leaping in head first and not heeding to caution. She has a lot more courage than I do, and tends to say what she thinks rather than me who sits there and tries to be nice while laughing at them in my head. So I suppose it's partly my thoughts about what I wish I could say and trying to get into her mindset :)

2. What do you think of so - called 'cliché' stories (for example, hate/hate relationship but they end up together) that are brilliantly written? (just saying, I love them, there's a reason they're called cliché's.)

I love them too! Then again, I love pretty much any story apart from Sirius/Lily ones as I never got my head around that ship :p Back to the question though, I agree, there's a reason why they're repeated over and over again. I really love cliché stories which put a new spin on things as they're so much more interesting to read. Normal cliché ones are alright to read, but they can get a little boring.

3. What, according to you, makes a good fanfiction?

Ooh good question! I read pretty much any type of story, like I said before, so I'm open to any genre/rating/pairing/era I think the main thing for me is that it's written well, there's a cliff-hanger every now and then, because even though they're annoying it makes me love the story even more because the cliff-hanger shows how much I'm invested into it. I really like complex characters, so you never know what they're up to and with them having lots of layers to their character it makes a lot more fun to read. At the moment I'm into minor characters, so if a story has one of those in them I'll be really happy :D

Thanks for the questions they were fun to answer!

oHj3rse.gif

#8 nott theodore

nott theodore

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hi Kiana! :bye:  I thought it was about time I came and asked you some questions:

1- You seem to have written something in almost every genre.  Which do you find the hardest to write?

2 - Which genre do you like reading/writing the most?

3 - Which era is your favourite to read/write?

4 - Out of the stories you've written so far, which one is your favourite?

5 - If you weren't in Ravenclaw, what house do you think you'd be in?

11t360m.png

Set by anyroad @ TDA

my stories [12+] my mta [12+]

#9 patronus_charm

patronus_charm

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 674 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

Woo questions!

1- You seem to have written something in almost every genre.  Which do you find the hardest to write?

Even though romance is a genre or a sub-genre in nearly every story I write it's probably that one! I always find it so awkward when I have to write romantic scenes, as they seem alright in my head but as soon as they're written down they just appear to be unrealistic or cringy. I'm gradually getting over my hate for them, but it still scares me when I have to write one as they never seem to turn out right!

2 - Which genre do you like reading/writing the most?

They both sort of depend on my mood really. I was in angst/dark phase a while ago and though it suited my mod to read and write it, it did get a little depressing after a while so I'm glad I'm out of that now. At the moment I'm probably in a humour sort of stage, probably compensation for the exams I'm going through, and that's a lot of fun to do. I have a feeling that I'm going to be going into a mystery stage next as I've started searching for those stories! Though the one which I always enjoy reading the most is romance because the whole will they/won't they is my guilty pleasure and I always get a sense of satisfaction when they are together.

3 - Which era is your favourite to read/write?

It used to be Marauders and Founders but I think I've read too many stories in that genre now that both of them bore me. I'm really getting into other and next gen though, as I never really know what to expect when I click on one. Like the other day, I clicked on what seemed to be a fluffy next gen story and ended up being an action/adventure one with a new group of Death Eaters attempting to take over the Ministry which was really great as I don't get that same sort of surprise in eras which rely a lot on canon.

4 - Out of the stories you've written so far, which one is your favourite?

Er, probably my short story called What If? It was the first next gen thing I had ever written and I think that was the thing which made me like the era, because before I thought it was meh but after writing this it made me love it and I started a next gen novel. I also really liked it because I never thought I could stay in the word count for a short story but I was about 1,500 words under it which really surprised me!

5 - If you weren't in Ravenclaw, what house do you think you'd be in?

I'm sort of a mixture of all the other three houses, but the one which comes out top is Slytherin :p I am insanely ambitious which is my downfall a lot of the time and I can be cunning at times too. I think Slytherin is a great house, but I have a lot more Claw in me so I would never change :p

Thanks for the questions, Sian. They were fun to answer :D

oHj3rse.gif

#10 -BookDinosaur-

-BookDinosaur-

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:01 AM

Okay, I just wanted to ask a bunch of random questions to you, so...here we go.

What is your opinion on teen pregnancy stories?
Favourite character in the series?
Least favourite?
What is your favourite story/a story you enjoyed reading on this site?
Where do you get your ideas/inspiration from?

Okay, sorry if they were really random, I just wanted to know. :) Forgive me?

y'all can call me emily 

Margaerysideways-lookalert-unreadable_zp  Margaerystaringcunning-calculating_zpsb2  Margaeryunreadable-determined_zps2604e99

all icons made by me

currently: editing The Golden Year - chapter one

I like to write (12+) | | ask me stuff (12+)

#11 patronus_charm

patronus_charm

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 674 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

I love random questions, so there's no need to apologise :D

What is your opinion on teen pregnancy stories?

I actually don't mind them. Delicate was the first fan fiction I ever read so they've kind of got a special place in my heart. I mean, I hate the cliched ones when a Potter boy impregnates a girl after a party in the Gryffindor common room as I've read that far too many times. Plus, the girl always has morning sickness the next day which doens't make much sense. But I think if they're done well they're really good, so it sort of depends on how well they're written :)

Favourite character in the series?

I have three if that's allowed! Dumbledore because he's really complex and we never really knew him until the seventh book came out. I also liked the idea of how he got taken in by Grindelwald's ideas and went along with it as it made him more human. Then probably Sirius because he just has this appeal about him which draws me in. Then Luna as she was never afraid to be different and her belief in nargles is really cute :)

Least favourite?

Probably Ginny or Crabbe and Goyle (yeah I count them as one character :p ) Ginny was just there and I think I would have liked her more if it hadn't been for the film version of her as she really annoyed me in that and sort of ruined my image of her. Then Crabbe and Goyle just irritated me as they had no personality and were just there.

What is your favourite story/a story you enjoyed reading on this site?

Everything I've ever favourited I've really enjoyed but there are few which really surprised me. Like Welcome to Blunderland by peppersweet as it was the type of thing I usually avoid reading but as it won Most Original Cliche Diadem I decided to give it a try and I really, really loved it. I don't really have an all-time favourite story as my mood changes over what I enjoy reading but some of my favourites are The Art of Breathing by AC_Rules, This Longing by Violet Gryfindor and Diamonds into Coal by academica. I have tons of other favourites but those were the first three which came to my head!

Where do you get your ideas/inspiration from?

I'm not really sure. An idea just tends to appear in my head and then it develops from there on and suddenly I'm planning a plot for a new story. I suppose music's a big influence on what I write but all I can really say is random thoughts appearing in my head and then me developing them :p

Thanks for the questions, they were fun to answer :)

oHj3rse.gif

#12 ~chocolate

~chocolate

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

Hey Kiana!

1) Where did you get the idea of Acanthus from?

2) Which genre is your least favorite to read/write?

3) What pairing is your least favorite and why?

4) Have you ever based off one of your character off of someone you know in real life?

5) Do you think Rose Weasley as a Gryffindor or Ravenclaw and why?

6) Have you ever got stuck while writing one of your characters? And if you have how did you move on from it?

Edited by ~chocolate, 17 July 2013 - 11:34 PM.

S a m a

gallery (12+)| hpff(12+ to M) | Crossing the Borderline(M) | Nutshell(15+)

NUTSHELLsigdone_zpsbdd30050.png

#13 patronus_charm

patronus_charm

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 674 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

Ooh yay questions! Hi Sama :D

1) Where did you get the idea of Acanthus from?

I just finished my Scorose short story, What If?, and was actually rather sad about it and really wanted to write another Scorose as I adore the pairing. I also had this idea of Dom going to Egypt and basically doing what Rose did, but it somehow couldn't work with Dom as the main character no matter how hard I tried so I just changed her to Rose and inserted Scorpius into the story and Acanthus was born.

2) Which genre is your least favorite to read/write?

Least favourite would probably be crossovers mainly because they tend to be about Doctor Who and I don't watch it so I always feel lost, though I do like them when it's about a fandom I know. As for writing I really don't like young adult, mainly because I don't really get what a young adult story is so I can't write them :p

3) What pairing is your least favorite and why?

This is a hard one, because I do like a lot of pairings, but probably Ron/Hermione. Don't get me wrong I really adore the ship but I've always found that stories about that ship are rather bland so I tend to not like them from a reading point of view more than anything.

4) Have you ever based off one of your character off of someone you know in real life?

Erm, I may have done :blushing:  In my Marauders story, Escaping the Storm, I based Alice off of my actual friend Alice. I didn't intentionally do it but when I just began describing Marauder Alice I realised she was like real life Alice. I guess sharing the same name may have helped :p

5) Do you think Rose Weasley as a Gryffindor or Ravenclaw and why?

Ok, I know I made her a Gryffindor in Acanthus but that was purely for plot reasons because I see her more as a Claw. I just think from that remark Ron made in the epilogue it seemed to say she had more Hermione traits then Ron ones and therefore was a Claw in my mind. It may also have something to do with my love for Scorose and the only way they could be together and in the same house would be if they were both Claws.

6) Have you ever got stuck while writing one of your characters? And if you have how did you move on from it?

Yes I have actually! It was more a dislike of my characterisation of her which was a bit silly as I made the character be like that from my own choosing but it still frustrated me. The only way I moved it was tweaking parts of it in the previous chapters to make it more to my likely but not too obvious and it made me like them so much more!

Thanks for the great questions, Sama! :hug:

oHj3rse.gif

#14 nott theodore

nott theodore

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 604 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

Hi Kiana!  I'm really enjoying reading Against All Odds so I thought I'd pop by with some more questions!

1. What gave you the idea to write about Tonks and Remus?

2. What's your favourite part about writing the story?

3. Are there any authors on the archives who inspire you?

4. You have a real talent for writing humour - is there anything you use to help you write it?

5. Who are your favourite characters to write about?

6. You just won a Dobby for Best Reviewer!  (CONGRATULATIONS!)  So, what's your approach when it comes to writing a review?

7. If you could have one product from WWW, what would it be?

And I think I'm done for now!  I can't wait to read your answers :D

11t360m.png

Set by anyroad @ TDA

my stories [12+] my mta [12+]

#15 patronus_charm

patronus_charm

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 674 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Hello, Sian! You're making me bad about not getting to that review you left me, so I'll reply to it as soon as I've done this :)

1. What gave you the idea to write about Tonks and Remus?

I was just lying in bed one night, and I had this dream/vision/thing of Tonks falling up the stairs to number 12 Grimmauld Place and onto Remus, and this vision kept on playing in my head for the rest of the day. The only way I managed to get rid of it was sneakily writing a vague plot outline for Against All Odds in the back of my chemistry book and then when I got home I just couldn't stop writing it and ended up getting three chapters done in one night! I think I just wanted to write it because I fell in love with them in that vision and I really didn't have a clear idea why and I wanted to carry on writing them to see why. :)

2. What's your favourite part about writing the story?

It has to be Tonks's internal monologues! I finally get a chance to show half of what's going on in my brain through her thoughts and they've really made me look at life in a different way. I think her cheery optimism and ability to laugh at almost everything made me like that too. Well, hopefully! :p

3. Are there any authors on the archives who inspire you?

Definitely! I have quite a few actually! Violet Gryfindor for just her amazing ability to write such wonderful stories whether they be Rose/Teddy or Gimm/Minerva. Her description is unrivalled and there hasn't been anything I haven't loved of hers. Then academica for her ability to explore areas of the Harry Potter world I've never really thought about before and all of Amanda's stories are so unique and different that I've loved all of them. Finally, AC_rules because Helen has given me hope that even if you have multiple WIPs you can conquer them one day. She's just written so much and all of it's so amazing and different and yeah I love her work! Then TenthWeasley, Jchrissy, peppersweet and justonemorefic for their ability to write amazing stories! I would go on but it would end up being about 1,000 words!

4. You have a real talent for writing humour - is there anything you use to help you write it?

:wub: Thank you! I tend to listen to quite a lot of musical soundtracks when writing humour because that's light-hearted and helps me get into the mindset of frivolity. I'm not really sure what else, it's just sort of what I would have to say if I had more courage. I get bored quite a lot in lessons and use that to observe the people in my class with sarcastic thoughts which helps a lot. 

5. Who are your favourite characters to write about?

I really like unknown characters such as minor ones or Next Gen ones because I can manipulate them in ways which I couldn't do with well known ones. I also like ones where we have limited information about them. Like I really adore Remus because even though all that Pottermore stuff has come out about him I still want to know more about what exactly he did between James and Lily dying and him going to Hogwarts.

6. You just won a Dobby for Best Reviewer!  (CONGRATULATIONS!)  So, what's your approach when it comes to writing a review?

Haha, thank you!!! :D It depends on the circumstances. If it's requested, I look at their areas of concerns and try to refer them in reviews as much as possible then anything which I like or I feel needs improving. I tend to do the same in review tags or exchanges because I feel you expect a certain level of CCs when taking part in those. Then if I'm catching up on a story e.g. starting at chapter one when there are 18 posted I do shorter reviews so I get caught up quicker and focus on the main areas and then little details which I liked. Then for anything I aim for reviews of about 500-600 words where I do rolling ones so it's whatever happened in the chapter and my thoughts on it really. :)

7. If you could have one product from WWW, what would it be?

Extendible ears! I'm naturally nosy and would love to have them to help on my gossip hunting. Though I would be worried that I would turn into a Rita Skeeter style person with them :p

Thanks for the questions, Sian, they were fun to answer!  :hug:

Edited by patronus_charm, 06 September 2013 - 09:17 PM.

oHj3rse.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users