9 replies to this topic

#1 Athene Goodstrength

Athene Goodstrength

Poet Laureate of HPFF

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

I'm Athene Goodstrength, you can call me Athene, AG, Aggie, Miss Goodstrength, Your Worshipfulness, or Sarah.

British. English lit grad, now a student midwife. I love dogs, tv box-sets, my boyfriend, and My Chemical Romance. I'm a Slytherin.

I identify most with Hermione Granger and, although Tom Felton is a babe, I will ship her and Ron with my last breath.

I don't imagine the film actors when I think of the characters, with a couple of exceptions (Jason Isaacs and Dame Maggie live in my head now, and Robbie Coltrane and Alan Rickman were cast by me before they were in the movies!)

I got into fanfiction because I wanted more of the universe that JK Rowling created! So...I am a bit of a canon nut. I write canon. I love canon. However, I really enjoy reading non-canon stuff too, because it's interesting to me to see how creative writers can be (for example, whilst not a huge fan of Dramione, I really respect and enjoy writers who make it work).

I love Weasleys. I love minor characters. I mostly write general/fluff, but can sink my teeth into a bit of angst when I feel like it.

Here's what I've done so far:

One shots
Smile and Smile... [M] - a tale of Dolores Umbridge.

The First Heir of Slytherin [15+] - my entry into the 2012 House Cup challenge. A sort-of founders fic :)

The Blazing Arrival of Cosmo Weasley-Peppin [12+] - A Charlie Weasley story... fatherhood with a bit of a twist!

Through Annie's Eyes [15+] -My first fic! A tale of Andromeda Tonks. I fully intend writing her entire story one day.

Completed multi-chapters
An Ordinary Grey Rat [12+] - a look at Ron's last night at home and first journey to Hogwarts.

WIP
The Growing Gathering of Weasleys [15+] - my baby. My big WIP. A post-Hogwarts celebration of all things Weasley/Potter.

When You Go [15+] - A somewhat angsty next-gen look at what happens when Scorpius Malfoy's world falls apart.

Pop Goes The Weasel [15+] - Seven Weasley children, growing up through the eyes of their father, Arthur.

Plunnies
My head is full of them!

So... feel free to ask away! :)
My Signature

Signature and avatar by the amazing Carousel. @ TDA

image_zps041d9d33.jpg

My stories [12+] | My MTA [12+]

#2 ValWitch21

ValWitch21

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

First, yay!

I've read AGGOW (that sounds terrible) and I really like it! Now, on with the questions:

1) What's the latest plunny that hopped through your mind?
2) Which HP female character do you indetify with the least and why (no answering Umbridge)?
3) What do you think your favourite subject at Hogwarts would be?
4) Was there any pairing that you read about and thought, "Well, I would never have thought of that "?
5) Your OTP is Ron/Hermione. Who's next on the list?
6) Least favourite character of those on Harry's side - those traditionnally admitted as being the good guys?
7) What are your opinions on Snape/Lily as a couple?
8) How tall are you?
9) What kind of robes would you wear to the Yule Ball and with whom would you want to go?
10) The place in Hogsmeade you want to visit more than anything else?

Voilą! :D

My Signature

1272740_original_zps5949f16c.png 1272388_original_zpsad123ff3.png1273593_original_zpsa0763254.png

icons found here [15+ just to be on the safe side]

HALF BACK FROM HIATUS, SLOWLY WRITING AGAIN.

#3 Jchrissy

Jchrissy

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 690 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

Yay finally!

And -

Your Worshipfulness

.... Get Jack to refer to you as that, and then we'll talk :p

So! You know how in love with everything you write I am... questions!

1) The Blazing Arrival of... Where did it come from??? How did you manage to come up with such a perfect solution to Charlie having to have a child for the challenge, but of course keeping in canon (because it's you :p)?

2) I want to know why you love each of the Weasleys. You can write all of them so well.. let's start with Ron. In An Ordinary Grey Rat your ability to make him.. well, him.. astounds me. Is he your favourite to write? Which Weasley would you like to write more of?

3) You're incredibly versatile.. do you have a favourite piece of yours? I know When You Go (Before You Go? When You Fall??? ;) ) is closest to you, but if which one just gives you the most enjoyment?

4) Will you expand on Through Annie's Eyes anytime soon? Please? Please? Haha, but really... you gave us just enough to love her. When you expand on it, are you planning to base her off any other characters or completely invent her, since we don't know much?

Thanks for being such an awesome writer/friend :hug:
My Signature

Posted Image

As Darkness Descends(M)

Perfect set by heartfelt. @ TDA

#4 Athene Goodstrength

Athene Goodstrength

Poet Laureate of HPFF

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

Oooh, questions! This is exciting, particularly for a navel-gazer like me. Thanks you guys!

ValWitch21
Thank you for the fab questions! I tend to abbreviate AGGOW to GG, haha. Feel free to leave me a review if you get a moment ;) :p

1) What's the latest plunny that hopped through your mind?
Ooh, well I have a note sitting on my laptop saying 'DELOREAN UMBRIDGE' because I thought for 2 seconds that it would be hilarious to write a HP/Back to the Future crossover called that. I just like the silly title. Seriously, the next plunny I intend acting on is actually a Snape one-shot! But I can't tell you much about it yet ;)
2) Which HP female character do you indetify with the least and why (no answering Umbridge)?

You pre-empted me nicely. I think I have to say Ginny. I know, weird. She's just so strong-minded, patient, and cool, and I am none of those things, haha! Doesn't mean I don't like her though. My sister would probably identify with her, actually. I wanted to answer, 'Bellatrix', but I couldn't - because I think most people have been through a stage at least where you would do anything for someone - whether that's a first boyfriend, a beloved singer in a band, or the Dark Lord.
3) What do you think your favourite subject at Hogwarts would be?
Charms! They're so fascinating and there are so many of them. Well, Charms or flying. I'd love to fly a broomstick.
4) Was there any pairing that you read about and thought, "Well, I would never have thought of that "?
In canon terms, I was surprised by Remus/Tonks when I first read it all those years ago, but they quickly became one of my favourite pairings. Oh, and Neville and Hannah Abbott. Odd, but nice. In non-canon terms, I recently read a Lockhart/Regulus fic... I would never have thought of that!
5) Your OTP is Ron/Hermione. Who's next on the list?
Molly and Arthur just beat Harry/Ginny here - because although I adore Harry and Ginny, my non-Potterhead boyfriend made a really good argument for Harry/Luna the other day that made me doubt myself! But I never doubt Molly/Arthur for a minute.
6) Least favourite character of those on Harry's side - those traditionnally admitted as being the good guys?
Ooh, this one was so hard! The genius of Rowling is that the characters I love are all characters I get really mad at sometimes - so although I adore Lupin, Sirius, Dumbledore, ... there are times when I just think 'you are my least favourite person right now'. But I'm going to pick Neville, because my opinion of him has been ruined by 'film Neville', who made him a mumbling, too-stupid, too-bumbling character. Neville in the book is believable as Harry' friend and an option for 'The Chosen One'. Neville in the film is believable as 'That Guy From School Who Really Irritated Me'.
7) What are your opinions on Snape/Lily as a couple?
I don't really believe in it. I don't think they ever were a couple... I think, from their friendship as children, they could have turned into something romantic, but they grew apart. Snape tried too hard to impress the wrong people, and Lily eventually fell in love with the one who was actually right for her. Furthermore, even as children, Snape is overly possessive of her - it's slightly disturbing. However, I think the love he feels for her (if I don't call it an obsession!) is tragic and beautiful. The Patronus moment is one of the most stunning in all seven books, and when he wants to see Lily/Harry's eyes as he dies.... Ugh. So good. So, although I don't believe in them as a couple, I believe in Snape's love for her, and her disappointment in him. It's sad. Sorry, long answer!
8) How tall are you?
5"3, a full foot shorter than my boyfriend. And I look somewhat hobbity.
9) What kind of robes would you wear to the Yule Ball and with whom would you want to go?
Ooh, green silk robes! Not because I'm in Slytherin, but because green suits me, it's a dramatic colour, and it's Christmassy! I'd want to go with someone gorgeous like Bill. Or actually, no... I'd want to go with Ron. Because I don't like dancing, really, and he'd make me laugh. In real life, I'd want to go with my boyfriend because he's a combination of the two Weasleys named above ;)
10) The place in Hogsmeade you want to visit more than anything else?
Honeydukes!

Jchrissy
He tends to call me 'Stinky', which is a) mean and b) not true :p

1) The Blazing Arrival of... Where did it come from??? How did you manage to come up with such a perfect solution to Charlie having to have a child for the challenge, but of course keeping in canon (because it's you)?
Haha. Well, I entered the Firstborn Moments challenge because it looked fun, but then I was given Charlie and I thought, 'Ah. Oh dear.' I toyed with doing something non-canon for about a minute, and then the idea that his firstborn would be a dragon just popped into my head, and I was so excited I just sat down and wrote! I loved writing it, because it was my first go at creating OC's. Also, I cackle with glee every time I mislead someone.

2) I want to know why you love each of the Weasleys. You can write all of them so well.. let's start with Ron. In An Ordinary Grey Rat your ability to make him.. well, him.. astounds me. Is he your favourite to write? Which Weasley would you like to write more of?
Thank you :wub: Well, I do love writing Ron. I think he does come most naturally to me of all the Weasleys. I identify with him quite a lot actually, that feeling of not belonging and not quite being good enough... but of knowing that you do have something to offer! And having a temper that embarrasses you (as a child... I've grown out of it and now have a long tether). And providing comic relief in awkward moments. So yeah, I love writing him - particularly him and Crookshanks in TGG.

I want to write more Charlie. I enjoyed it so much in Blazing Arrival, and you can do so much with him. I think he's sweet, kind, and funny, but must also be a total nerd. I also think he's sexy, hahah! (See: Ewan McGregor)

3) You're incredibly versatile.. do you have a favourite piece of yours? I know When You Go (Before You Go? When You Fall??? ;) ) is closest to you, but if which one just gives you the most enjoyment?
Again, why thank you! I do love When You Go because it's so different from the rest, and it does tell a story that means a lot to me (I need to update soon but haven't been feeling emo enough). My favourite to write is Growing Gathering. My favourite to characterize is Pop Goes The Weasel (toddler Charlie!). I have a special place in my heart for Through Annie's Eyes because it was my first fic. I don't know about an actual favourite though! Shall I pick Ordinary Grey Rat, for little Ron? Yeah. That'll do.

4) Will you expand on Through Annie's Eyes anytime soon? Please? Please? Haha, but really... you gave us just enough to love her. When you expand on it, are you planning to base her off any other characters or completely invent her, since we don't know much?
Haha, you. You always push me to do more, and to do better and that's one reason why you're such a fab friend. I will be writing an Andromeda novel in the future! It might be Through Annie's Eyes rejigged, but I might just start anew and then perhaps incorporate the old one-shot. I will mostly be inventing her, but using the information we know about her. What sort of person would it take to do, go through, and survive all that she does? How did she fall in love with someone like Ted Tonks? What did Nymphadora Tonks get from her mother? How is she similar/different to her sisters? .... all of those things will help me characterize her. But it won't happen until I've finished or got near to finishing one of my current WIPs

Thank you for all your support and friendship :wub:
My Signature

image_zps041d9d33.jpg

#5 patronus_charm

patronus_charm

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 691 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Hello Your Worshipfulness ;) I just saw that you liked My Chemical Romance and it made me really happy as they're such a great band! As I love The Blossoming so much, I thought it was only right to as some questions!

1. What is your favourite non-canon pairing?

2. Where did you get the idea of The Blossoming from?

3. Who is your favourite Weasley and why?

4. If you could date anyone in the Harry Potter world who would it be and why?

5. What's your latest plot bunny?

6. What's your favourite era and why?

7. Other than My Chemical Romance, what other bands do you listen to?

8. Do you listen to music whilst writing?

I think I'm done! Kiana :D

Edited by patronus_charm, 16 March 2013 - 12:56 PM.

My Signature

fantabulous set by mintleaf @ tda
CtL7eYD.png
:jazzy: author page [12+]| mta [12+] | gallery [15+]  :jazzy: 

#6 Athene Goodstrength

Athene Goodstrength

Poet Laureate of HPFF

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Hey Kiana! :) Thanks for coming by - what a lovely surprise!

1. What is your favourite non-canon pairing?

I haven't really read many! Not sure why. But Luna/Harry has always appealed to me. They're quite similar in many ways, and I think they understand each other. That said, I really think Ginny is the right woman for Harry ;)

2. Where did you get the idea of The Blossoming from?

Good question! I guess I just wanted to spend more time with all those characters. The timeline of them all having kids at quite a young age intrigued me in particular - how would these characters cope and react? What's Harry's life like in those 19 years? 

That said, the main reason I started writing was the amount of anti-Ron stories I'd seen around. I wanted to write something that showed him to be the good boyfriend and father I knew he'd be.

3. Who is your favourite Weasley and why?

Argh! That's really too hard. I love each and every one of them in their own way. If I'm hard on myself, it really comes down to Molly and Ron. Don't make me pick between them!

4. If you could date anyone in the Harry Potter world who would it be and why?

I hate to be cliché, but Sirius Black is exactly the sort of guy I would (and do) swoon over. Issues and all. But in Harry's generation? I think Cedric Diggory sounds pretty dreamy. However, JChrissy will testify to the fact that my boyfriend is in fact basically Ron Weasley.  

5. What's your latest plot bunny?

I have a story I really want to write about Tonks and Fleur! And I'm working away on a short story about the Bloody Baron and Helena Ravenclaw.

6. What's your favourite era and why?

I love Hogwarts era! I love the missing moments that people write sometimes. It's just nice to feel like I'm getting more of the books. Although I really do love well-written Marauders, as there are so many fascinating stories and relationships to explore. I'm too nervous to go there myself though!

7. Other than My Chemical Romance, what other bands do you listen to?

Heehee! Good question ;) I love Guns N' Roses, fun., Queen, Biffy Clyro, Dave Matthews Band, John Butler Trio, Radiohead, Led Zep, Fall Out Boy, The Killers, Stereophonics, Bon Jovi, The White Stripes, Noah and the Whale, The Leisure Society, Mumford and Sons, Florence and the Machine... And those are just the bands. There are lots of solo artists I love too! But yeah. MCR rule ;)

8. Do you listen to music whilst writing?

Yes! Almost all of the time ... although I often don't really hear the music because I'm wrapped up in the words and the tune is just keeping my fingers bouncing along the keyboard. But yeah, nothing better than a good soundtrack and an idea of what to write next. There are some stories that have their own playlists (writing 'Creep' was very much a playlist experience). 

Thank you so much for asking such interesting questions! It's nice to reflect on my practice :) And thanks for all the support with The Blossoming!

My Signature

image_zps041d9d33.jpg

#7 GinevraMollyPotter

GinevraMollyPotter

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

I thought I'd come to your MTA because I love your writing so much! I am seriously considering making time to read the entirety of your author page!

1) Arthur's Treasure is fantastic. There is so much attention to canon in there and I think it was written amazingly. Where was your inspiration for it?

2) Are you planning on continuing this to include all of the Weasley children? (Please say you are and I'll love you forever)

3) Do you prefer writing one shots or longer stories?

4) Is there any authors you particularly love to read? Anyone you think has influenced your writing a lot or changed your view of canon through their own story?

5) Do you prefer writing angst or more light and fluffy things?

My Signature
LoX7dpE_zps328e79df.gif

Wonderful sig set by Wistful@TDA 

My author page (12+-M)

#8 Athene Goodstrength

Athene Goodstrength

Poet Laureate of HPFF

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:21 AM

Hey Summer! Thank you so much for stopping by here, it was a lovely surprise!

1) Arthur's Treasure is fantastic. There is so much attention to canon in there and I think it was written amazingly. Where was your inspiration for it?
Thank you :) I'm glad you like it! Well, I'm a huge Weasley fan, and I have always had a soft spot for Arthur Weasley... I kind of wanted to show the growth of his children and the waxing and waning of wartime through his eyes. And as you seem to have noticed, I love canon, and wanted to explore a story in a structure that supports using as much canon information as I could get my grubby paws on :)

2) Are you planning on continuing this to include all of the Weasley children? (Please say you are and I'll love you forever)
I am indeed! I have, unfortunately, taken a very long time to update it. I got overexcited with WIPs and started too many, and now have a backlog of planned chapters. George's chapter is planned and started, but it won't be up for a while. But it's a sweet one, and it introduces Harry. :)

3) Do you prefer writing one shots or longer stories?
I love the immediacy of writing a one-shot. I tend to get obsessed and just sit writing it over the space of one or two days. But I love the longer narrative and planning of a longer story - although as I mentioned before I'm very bad at juggling them! My next long story (which is in the research stage now) is going to be fully planned to death before I even start writing, so I'll have no excuse for dragging my feet!

4) Is there any authors you particularly love to read? Anyone you think has influenced your writing a lot or changed your view of canon through their own story?
- I love Jchrissy's style and the warmth and thought she puts into her characters... Before They Fall is also my inspiration behind being really organised and proactive with my next novel-length! I really look up to her. Oh, and in terms of changing canon - Sirius's girlfriend, Belle, in Before They Fall now exists in my mind :p
- I think I've been blown away by everything of Academica's I've ever read. Seriously, I just love her writing so much.
- fauxthefox is a really compelling writer. I'm currently enjoying their story about Victoire Weasley as an Auror, which isn't normally the sort of thing I read on here! But it's so well written, and it's quite a page-turner.
- caoty's writing always makes me stop and think. They have a really interesting perspective on things and aren't afraid to make things slightly ugly in order to make them really worth looking at. They also gave me confidence to just let go of my inhibitions and write a really dark story!
- atellam has some mad skills. I heart Sirius.

There are more but I just can't think right now!

5) Do you prefer writing angst or more light and fluffy things?
Although I mainly write on the fluffier end of the spectrum, thanks to my main WIP The Blossoming being rather mushy (in places) I do kind of prefer writing angst. Which is why things are going to get a little dark for my Golden Trio (plus Ginny) in the Blossoming now! I mentioned above that I wrote something really dark with caoty's encouragement - I really enjoyed seeing how far I could push the horror/dark genre without taking it too far or breaking ToS ;) ....I might do that again some time! That said, there's always room in my heart for fluff. Particularly where Weasleys are involved :wub:

Thank you again for asking me such lovely and thought provoking questions! :)
My Signature

image_zps041d9d33.jpg

#9 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Prefect

• Prefect
  • 378 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

Hi! :bye:

This had me laughing...

I identify most with Hermione Granger and, although Tom Felton is a babe, I will ship her and Ron with my last breath.

1. I love Shipwrecked. It's the funniest thing ever, especially since I do ship the babe with Hermione to some extent. How do you manage to be funny without over doing it? Did you ever think you were crazy for writing it?

2. Who are your favourite authors on HPFF?

Now for some deep stuff...

3. Do you feel sorry for Severus?

4. What do you think would have happened, if Harry had been sorted into Slytherin?

5. Is there a character you love writing?

6. You say you love writing canon, aren't you ever afraid of writing major characters like Harry, Ginny, or Ron?

That's all for now! :D

#10 Josette_Phoenix

Josette_Phoenix

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

Hi there!!

After reading some of your stuff I really wanted to come by :D

1. If you found yourself trapped in a room with Tom Riddle at age 10, what would you do?

2. I'm really really really impressed with the depth of detail in The First Heir of Slytherin and Ghosts in the Snow, not only in the characters and plot, but also the depth of the historical verity I felt like you really understand the Dark Ages ... how did you research for those stories??

3. Which books/authors do you love and inspire you?

4. If you made Polyjuice Potion and could be anyone for an hour, who would you be?

5. If you could sit down for an interview with any of the Hogwarts ghosts, which one would you choose?

Have fun answering

Cheerio!!

Jo

My Signature

Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home  J. K. ROWLING

Author Page (12+) l Blog (12+) l Emily Dickinson Quote Challenge (12+)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users