14 replies to this topic

#1 ValWitch21

ValWitch21

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

Hey everybody! So I finally decided to go through the long and exhausting process of getting a MTA page up. If you have any questions, about my stories, my inspiration sources, my writing in planning, anything else related to HPFF, this is the appropriate place.

Beware though: I like to ramble...

:)

You can read my stories here http://www.harrypott...?showuid=229164 (only M for the moment).

And I would love for you to leave a review!

1272740_original_zps5949f16c.png 1272388_original_zpsad123ff3.png1273593_original_zpsa0763254.png

icons found here [15+ just to be on the safe side]

BACK FROM HIATUS, SLOWLY UPDATING AGAIN.

#2 Guest_WeirdSisters_Guest

Guest_WeirdSisters_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hello :D I've just read Nineteen Years and omg it's so good!!

Oakiedokie, questions...

1) How much planning do you tend to do before writing a story?
2) Where do you get your inspiration from?
3) Who's your favourite character to write?
4) Which would be your favourite Wizarding shop to visit?
5) Which magical creature would you like the most to have as your pet?

:D

#3 ValWitch21

ValWitch21

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

Hello :D I've just read Nineteen Years and omg it's so good!!

Oakiedokie, questions...

1) How much planning do you tend to do before writing a story?
2) Where do you get your inspiration from?
3) Who's your favourite character to write?
4) Which would be your favourite Wizarding shop to visit?
5) Which magical creature would you like the most to have as your pet?

:D

You did? Thank you so much, it means a lot to me! :wub:

Sooo, answers to your questions!

1) Generally, I get hit in the face by inspiration, and write down as soon as possible. If I have to write it on paper, then most of the time something completely different is sent into the queue; if it's directly written down on my PC, then I go with the flow (that sounds terrible) and send it through the queue immediately. I don't like rereading very much, which is why there are some typos...

2) Phew, hard question. Obvious answer: the back of my head. Ok, no, honestly. Um. Everywhere. It depends on the music I'm listening to, the conversations I've had or heard, the mood I'm in... I also regularly inject my reactions, feelings, and personal experience into characters though.

3) I love writing Fleur, canon-wise. And Ginny as well. In my OCs, I've only got a few of those now, but my favourite are definitely Cat and Kiwi from this story [M]. Then again, they're my characters, so if I didn't love writing them there'd be a problem somewhere, right?

4) Flourish and Blotts. I'm a bookworm. Or Ollivander's, if I got to take my wand home and use it :)

5) A flobberworm! :p No, just joking. I'd love a Hippogriff, though my mum would never agree. Probably a phoenix then. Phoenixes (?) are awesome.

Thank you so much for the questions! I'm going to go and read some more of your stories now :hug:

1272740_original_zps5949f16c.png 1272388_original_zpsad123ff3.png1273593_original_zpsa0763254.png

#4 kjp

kjp

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

Hey its me, you have to update willows and woods soon and i'll be R&R your nineteen years very very shortly... its a must do!
Anyway on with the questions I have in store for you;
- Have you got anything planned for cat in your willows and woods, e.g. is their a someone special for her (go on let me have a little bit of insider ;) )
- whats your favorite wizading world sweet?
- When writing a character do you base them around real people you know?
- How long does it take you to plan a story out, or do you just go straight into writing and see where it leads?
- And a question that everyone asks; who do you ship?
And finaly:
- What era is your favorite?

#5 ValWitch21

ValWitch21

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

Hey its me, you have to update willows and woods soon and i'll be R&R your nineteen years very very shortly... its a must do!
Anyway on with the questions I have in store for you;
- Have you got anything planned for cat in your willows and woods, e.g. is their a someone special for her (go on let me have a little bit of insider ;) )
- whats your favorite wizading world sweet?
- When writing a character do you base them around real people you know?
- How long does it take you to plan a story out, or do you just go straight into writing and see where it leads?
- And a question that everyone asks; who do you ship?
And finaly:
- What era is your favorite?

I will update soon, pinkie swear! Chapter 4 is already written :)

And I would love for you to review Nineteen Years!

Oh no, I can't tell you about Cat's love life! Fine, a hint: you've already met him. To me, if you must know, it has always been obvious. Other than that, she's going to be included in a good deal of eating, threatening, bickering and being a loveable friend. Oh, and in chapter 6 of NY which I've just put through the queue, you see her in Hogwarts, if you're interested.

Favourite sweet? Hmm. I think I would love Chocolate Frogs. And Chocoballs, which, according to the HP Lexicon, are "full of strawberry mousse and clotted cream". Possibly Bertie Bott's Beans as well, but I'd be scared of getting an earwax one :p

Yes and no. Cat and Kiwi just appeared, and I had to include them. At first, they were just Ginny's dorm members in NY. Then I was like, okay, I need to get some sense of closure for them when the year is over. Next to that, I wanted to write an Oliver/OC fiction. In the midst of that, I was searching for someone to pair Kiwi with, and I somehow ended up screaming "KIWI AND OLIVER!" like an idiot.
I'm rambling right? To answer your question properly, yes, I do inject random things about myself or people I know when writing a character, but they are never a full transcription of someone I know.

I write my stories as they come out, and rarely reread, which is terrible, but I'm just incapable of it. The general storyline is often planned out though, and I jot down the few things I really do not want to forget, but they never end up the way I was thinking in the first place.

To give you an example, at the very beginning of W&W (which I had written out by hand) Cat was in a wheelchair, but then when I typed it out she ended up as Puddlemere Chaser, just because that's where I was taken. :)

I ship Ron/Hermione and Harry/Ginny till the very end. I love Bill/Fleur too, though there hasn't been much of that yet. Kim/Oliver as well, duh, along with Cat/You shall see!

Favourite era? Post-Hogwarts I think. Though I've just written a Founder's era that I've loved writing (Betrayed, M).

Voilà, I hope this answers all of your questions, and hopefully I will hear from you again soon! :wub:

#6 No_oneKnows

No_oneKnows

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

I saw your post on ScorpiusRose17's comment thing so I decided to share the love and ask you some questions!

1. Who is your favourite character in general?
2. Which era do you find the most difficult to write about?
3. Do you have more funning writing your OCs or Canon characters?
4. Which subject do you think you'd enjoy the most?
5. Was it a challenge writing your Founder's era story? (Betrayed)

Posted Image
HPFF | Unhinging The Mask That Is Lily Evans (15+) |TDA | Assignment 101 (M) | MTA

#7 soufflegirl99

soufflegirl99

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

1) If you had to BE a character from one of your books, who would it be?
2) How often do you write?
3) How do you make your writing so fambubblybumshus?
4) Have you ever eaten a whole tub of haagen daz? :D

Edited by soufflegirl99, 08 October 2012 - 08:36 PM.

soufflegirl99_zps184cf8a5.png

Awesome icon and sig by illumination and Eliena at TDA !

My Stories (12+ -- M)

#8 ValWitch21

ValWitch21

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Whoops, I was sure I was following this! Obviously not... Anyway. On with questions! I love questions :)

I saw your post on ScorpiusRose17's comment thing so I decided to share the love and ask you some questions!

1. Who is your favourite character in general?
2. Which era do you find the most difficult to write about?
3. Do you have more funning writing your OCs or Canon characters?
4. Which subject do you think you'd enjoy the most?
5. Was it a challenge writing your Founder's era story? (Betrayed)

1- Probably Hermione. I can identify to her, and at the same time she's the type of person I want to be, if that makes sense?

2- The Marauders era - it's so difficult for me to get the characters right. I prefer to read fics from this era, TenthWeasley, melian or singing's stories are my favourite

3- I prefer writing OCs, because they're a figment of my imagination. If I steer a little from their character, nobody will realise. There's also less pressure writing them: I don't have to stop to think, "okay, how would they react in this situation?" because it's instinctive...

4- I think I would love charms, or transfig. How cool would it be to wave your wand and be able to do things with very little effort? Yes, I'm lazy ;) Potions I would probably like but be terrible at, I make things explode in chemistry at school...

5- Writing Betrayed was a challenge to a certain extent, because I had to make it plausible in one chapter. Also, the relationship between Rowena and Helena is very different to the one I have with my mum, so trying to grasp that was slightly more complicated than I'd thought... On the other hand, it popped in my head very precisely, and I knew where I was going (which isn't always the case), so that made it easier!

Thanks very much for the questions! :D

1) If you had to BE a character from one of your books, who would it be?
2) How often do you write?
3) How do you make your writing so fambubblybumshus?
4) Have you ever eaten a whole tub of haagen daz? :D

SOPHIE!

1- Phew, tough one. Probably Cat, though I'm not into sports as much as she is, nor as popular with boys. Or Autumn. But you haven't seen much of her yet :) Yes, um. One of the two because they're fiercely loyal, have an explosive temper, swear a lot, are close to their sisters, and sometimes do very stupid things. You shall see more stupid things in the near future!

2- I try to write at least once a week. If I get started, I will write for four or five hours straight, then immediately send the chapter through the queue. Sadly, time has run away at the moment...

3- I don't make it fambubblybumshus - your support and everyone else's does! :wub:

4- No, I have not. My mum doesn't allow it. :(

Thank you for the questions!

- Valdimmidus whatever it was...

#9 soufflegirl99

soufflegirl99

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Moreee Questionns Val!!

17) What did you think about when you were writing about Frozen Waters? What gave you the inspiration to write about such a heavy subject?

104) Have you based any of your characters on characters you know in real life? If so, what are those shared characteristics?

57) Who is your favourite character you've created and why?

6) Which of your story's was the fun-est (I know, not a real word) to write?

311 ) What's you favourite genre of book/fanfic, and what's your favouritest ever colour? 

:hug:

soufflegirl99_zps184cf8a5.png

Awesome icon and sig by illumination and Eliena at TDA !

My Stories (12+ -- M)

#10 ValWitch21

ValWitch21

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Moreee Questionns Val!!

17) What did you think about when you were writing about Frozen Waters? What gave you the inspiration to write about such a heavy subject?

104) Have you based any of your characters on characters you know in real life? If so, what are those shared characteristics?

57) Who is your favourite character you've created and why?

6) Which of your story's was the fun-est (I know, not a real word) to write?

311 ) What's you favourite genre of book/fanfic, and what's your favouritest ever colour? 

:hug:

Sophie, you are THE BEST ♥

17) Frozen Waters sprouted as a three-in-the-morning plunny, like most plunnies do. I don't actually know why I wrote it. It just popped up, really, as an idea for a present for Sarah/my_voice_rising. The sources I use were the movie Titanic, but only to a limited extent, because I didn't actually like the movie that much. Other than that, it's Wikipedia all the way!

104) Weeeeell. I think I inject a good deal of myself into characters, such as the bickering, the loud voice, the deep loyalty (sometimes to the point where I get hurt in the process), the clumsiness. But I also base relationships between characters off those I know: Dom, Roxanne, Sophie and Autumn's dynamics are very much inspired from the ones I have with my friends, for instance.

57) Ack, that's such a hard question! I deeply, deeply love Autumn, but I love Elizabeth, Camille, Johanna and Astrid just as much. (Yeah, I have a particular fondness for my female characters). Oh, and I love writing Simon. And Noah. Noah is awesome.

6) Again, all of them! I'd have to say Bubbles holds a special place in my heart though, as does The Calendar Girls. The others are great fun too, but they have a much more serious tone, that requires more research, and makes them less easy-going.

311) I love romantic stories, but mixed in with action and more meaningful issues, not pure unicorny fluff. Unicorns are for ASOU only. I also love a good mystery novel (Agatha Christie anyone?), biographies, or books like the Casual Vacancy. Books with a social analysis. My favourite colour is blue.

Thank you for the awesome questions :hug: Feel free to stop by again whenever you'd like! :wub:

#11 nott theodore

nott theodore

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 432 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

Hi Val!  I've been reading Logarithmic (and I promise I'll get started reading some of your other stories soon) and I love it!  So, a few questions for you:

1. Cormac/Eloise is such an unusual pairing.  What gave you the idea for it?

2. Cormac's such an annoying character in the books, so are you determined to break that view of him?

3. Do you find it hard managing all your different WIPs?

4. Is there a character or genre that you'd never write?

5. If you could add another subject to the Hogwarts curriculum, what would it be?

And that's all I've got for now.  I look forward to reading your answers! :bye:

25yyfjl.png

Icon and signature by Violet@TDA

My stories [12+] My MTA [12+]

#12 ValWitch21

ValWitch21

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

Hi, Sian! :hug:

1. It was a one-shot I read, actually, but that was incoherent in terms of cannon. I'd wanted to start another novel with a character like Eloise for a while, and stumbling across that other story was just a lucky fall. There's also the fact that I wanted to take the good girl/bad boy stereotype and make it different. Hopefully, I'm doing okay!

2. Yes and no. He's going to evolve, but JK said he represented the bad aspects of being a Gryffindor, so he'll have to remain an arrogant idiot sometimes.

3. Yes! On the plus side though, there's always at least one story I'm inspired to write.

4. Marauders, unless they're minor, like Frank and Alice Longbottom. But the four Marauders and Lily, no. Writing Dumbledore terrifies me as well.

5. Something more litterature related, I'd say. There have to be better wizarding authors than Gilderoy Lockhart, and I'd love to learn about the wizard equivalent of, say, Pride and Prejudice.

Thank you so much for the questions!

#13 nott theodore

nott theodore

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hi again, Val!  Now that I've read the amazing Reason to Fight I thought I'd come back with a few more questions :)

1. I'm actually amazed that nobody seems to have asked you this yet, since you've just won a Dobby for it, but what was it that gave you the idea to write such an original story as Reason to Fight?

2. Which of the characters in it is your favourite?

3. Do you find it difficult keeping all of the characters separate in your head?

4. What's your favourite part about writing Reason to Fight?

5. Can you tell us how long you're planning it to be?

6. If you could choose a mascot for your own Quidditch team, what would it be and why?

And that's all for now!  I'll look forward to reading your answers! :)

25yyfjl.png

#14 ValWitch21

ValWitch21

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

Sian, you are honestly one of my favourite people on the planet right now. :wub:

1. I'm actually amazed that nobody seems to have asked you this yet, since you've just won a Dobby for it, but what was it that gave you the idea to write such an original story as Reason to Fight?

This is slightly embarrassing to admit, but I don't quite remember! It originated from my thinking about how old magic was, hence realising that it must have existed during World War II. I've always been drawn to the period, and I wondered how the Magical world might have been affected. That, and I grew up with the stories of my grandparents who were children during the war, so I suppose there's also some desire to pay them and all those who fought a tribute.

2. Which of the characters in it is your favourite?

If my life depended on answering the question, I'd go for Camille, but only just. I simply cannot choose between all of them.

3. Do you find it difficult keeping all of the characters separate in your head?

It depends. Most of the time, no, but sometimes I really feel like Astrid and Johanna's characterisations overlap and blur, which I'm really trying to avoid now.

4. What's your favourite part about writing Reason to Fight?

Mixing the historical context with magic. The research is horrendous sometimes, but finding ways wizards might have been involved with the war is fascinating. It's also so different from my everyday life that it allows a real escape, which is always very welcome!

5. Can you tell us how long you're planning it to be?

I have no idea, haha. I can't plan in the long term, so I don't have a detailed enough outline, but I'd say around twenty or so chapters.

6. If you could choose a mascot for your own Quidditch team, what would it be and why?

In an ideal world, I'd say a turtle because I find them representative of me, but for a Quidditch team mascot, probably a bird. A parrot, maybe, or a seagull?

Thanks again, Sian! :hug:

#15 nott theodore

nott theodore

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

Back again, Val!  This time with some NaNo Mummy encouragement!

1. What's your favourite thing about belonging to HPFF?

2. If you could spend the day with one HP character, who would it be?

3. If you could have written one of your favourite stories on the archives, what would it be?

4. Do you have any writing rituals that help you get 'into the zone'?

Happy writing! :hug:

25yyfjl.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users