14 replies to this topic

#1 CassiePotter

CassiePotter

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hello everyone! I wanted to create a Meet the Author page, so if anyone wants to know anything about my writing, please ask! I'd love to answer your questions!

Edited by CassiePotter, 20 August 2012 - 07:15 PM.

zk0qs8_zps4e501212.png

Award by TheVividImagination

#2 Gabriella Hunter

Gabriella Hunter

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

Hey, Cassie! I thought I'd pop on over here and ask you a few questions and just bug you a little for the fun of it!
1) Okay, first of all, how did you come up with TFD? I've been so curious about the idea, which I really enjoy
2) Favorite story out of yours that you enjoy the most?
3)Which character do you feel the most like and why?
4) Do you ever have trouble keeping track with any of your characters and scenes?
5) Are you like me and just type whatever you like and worry about the consequences later or do you actually write chapter plots for each story? :D
6) What's your favorite book lately?
7) What movie are you dying to see and do you like horror movies?
8) If it happened, which one of your stories would you like to see made as a movie?
9) Was it hard writing for Michael in TFD?
10) And lastly, will you ever have a male lead for one of your stories?
That's all for now! I'll most likely be back! You've been warned!

Gabriella Hunter

#3 CassiePotter

CassiePotter

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

Hello Gabbie! It's so awesome that you stopped by!

1. TFD is based on the fairytale of The Twelve Dancing Princesses, which has always been a favorite of mine. I love the mystery of it, and the fact that the princesses all get to dance the night away! But the focus is always the eldest princess, and I thought the others deserved a little credit, too! I decided to write with Dezzy, because she was old enough to be involved with a little romance and things like that, but not so old that she was always taking care of the younger girls. So, basically, I've always loved the story of the Twelve Dancing Princesses, but wanted to put my own spin on it.

2. Honestly, I enjoy all my stories, because they're so different, so I can't pick! I love Love Me Tender because it was my first fan fiction, and I got to explore what I could do through writing, and play with Jane's emotions. The Fourth Daughter has a little more mystery to it, with Salazar especially. And I love writing all of the Ravenclaw sisters, because they all have such different personalities! And A Spoonful of Sugar, which you have yet to read, is a lot lighter than the other two, and I can just be feisty and spunky and it's so much fun! I also love my one-shot, Pure Imagination, because Lucy is based purely on how I was as a child. It was very nostalgic for me to write!

3. Jane, Dezzy, and Darcy are all different sides of me, I think, so they're really fun and personal to write. Jane really wants to do the right thing, for example, with Michael being so horrible, she doesn't tell anyone, because she is thinking of how his family would take it. Dezzy is very innocent, and I think that it makes her fun to write because I get to tap into a more vulnerable side of myself, and it makes her emotions really true, and really raw. Darcy... Oh, Darcy. She's the side of ke that I have but rarely show. I think if I was fearless, and didn't care what anyone else thought, I could be more like her, and just say whatever I felt! I do that occasionally, but it's hard, sometimes! I think Darcy is fun because I can say everything I wish I could say, but don't.

4. I don't have trouble keeping track of characters and scenes, because they're so different, and so clear to me. Does that make sense? When I write, I can picture it all happen, and can see what's happening, where it's happening, and who's there. The only downside to that is that sometimes I can't put my imagination into words. But I'm learning to do that, and writing a lot definitely helps!

5. I'm most definitely like you! I don't write out outlines, but sometimes I'll write chapters that don't happen until the middle of the story. The first part of LMT that I ever wrote still hadn't happened yet! So, there's no outline, although sometimes it happens in my head, and I mostly just write what comes to me. I think that's the best way to come up with fun plot twists, and sometimes I'll even surprise myself with what I come up with! :)

6. Oh, that's a hard question! I love The Perks of Being A Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky, which, of course, is going to be a film with Emma Watson. Also, I'm currently reading Bridget Jones's Diary, by Helen Fielding, and it's hilarious so far!

7. I'm dying to see The Odd Life of Timothy Green, because it looks adorable! I love feel-good movies like that! And for the second part of your questions, no! I hate horror movies! I scare really easily, so when things pop out at me, I always jump! And I don't like gore, either. But, oddly enough, I like movies and books that have darker elements, that are more creepy that gory.

8. That's so hard! Probably The Fourth Daughter, because I would love to see the pavilion and the girls ball gowns come to life! And of course seeing my characters in person would be a dream come true! Also, I would love to see the dances actually choreographed and done with dancers in gorgeous costumes! Also, the castle would be fun to see.

9. Michael... Because I've fortunately never been in a situation like Jane's, I couldn't write Michael from any type of experience. But I had read characters like him, and have of course met obnoxious, jerky guys, so I took what I knew and made it really extreme. And anger that he has had to come out in really sharp bursts, and that's why it affects both he and Jane so much. Neither of them know when to expect it. That being said, there had to be a softer side of him, so you like him at first. The first time he hits her, he apologizes, and seems shocked with himself for doing that. That's his small moment that redeems him, and is why Jane goes back to him. She looks for the best in people, so he had to have that side that would keep her with him. The thing that's hard for me to write with him is thinking about how he sees what he's doing. He has to feel entitled to what he dies, because he doesn't see it as wrong. It was hard for me to get into that mindset, of thinking about how he justifies his actions.

10. I have though about a male lead, and might try it for a one-shot, because it would be a nice challenge for me. I put so much of my own emotions into my female characters, that it's easier for me, because they feel natural. Writing a guy, especially if I did it in first person, would be difficult, but I will probably try it at some point!

Thank you so much for asking these questions! They were awesome, and really got me thinking! Please do stop by again if you want to know anything else! :)

zk0qs8_zps4e501212.png

#4 Gabriella Hunter

Gabriella Hunter

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hey, I thought I'd come back and bother you with more questions so be prepared for this! :whistling:

1) Okay. While writing LMT, was it hard for you to decide on an OC character? I hear that its really hard to write that sort of story, especially when it comes to Sirius since we know what happens to him! :excl:
2) When you think of how to write men, does it take you a minute to get the right feel for them? I know I have to turn into Gavin Hunter to write for the guys in the stories I make! Hahaha. :confused:
3) Did you look up alot of historical places and things for The 4th Daughter? :worshippy:
4) What made you want to come up with your newest story, ASPOS? Its not just because you love sweets, right? :xpud:

5) Is it difficult for you to write the Next Generation gang since we know nothing at all about them from Ms. JKR herself?
6) If you had any kids, what HP character would you name them after? :rolleyes:
7) Who wolud you go on a date with out of the Weasleys? You already know that I'm all over George. You can't have him! :give_rose:
8) Favorite thing about Quidditch?
9) Do you listen to foriegn music? I listen to alot of Korean pop right now and its really good stuff! I recommend it!
10) What do you think your wand core would be? :xmasunwrap2:
11) Which female character from your own stories do you think you most admire or are like? :shy:
12) Favorite thing about magic?
13) What do you like about the Malfoys? :ph34r:

That's all for now but I'll be back! Mwhahahha.

Gabriella Hunter

#5 CassiePotter

CassiePotter

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Whoa! That's a lot of questions! I'll get right to it then!

1. Not really. One day I just got this picture in my head if Harry finding Sirius looking at a picture of the girl he loved, and the whole story sort of went from there. I always knew that Jane's name would be Jane, although Woodley took a little longer to figure out, and I knew that she and Sirius wouldn't have a love at first sight kind of relationship. And I didn't want Jane and Sirius to come from similar backgrounds, so I made her half-blood with only the muggle parent to raise her.

2. Oh boys... It does take me a minute, and a lot of times I have to rewrite sections because they honestly don't sound realistic! I definitely have to get into a "what would the guys I know say" kind of mindset for them!

3. Here is your serious underachiever's answer. I looked up absolutely nothing! Haha. I just wanted to write a story that's kind of timeless, in that you don't really know when or where it's taking place, but it seems like something that could have happened. I kind of feel like I should have looked something up know! Haha.

4. Although I do love sweets (that's where Darcy gets her sweet tooth from, even if she says it's from her mum!) ASOS came because I was dying to write with Darcy again. When I wrote The Boy with the Blue Hair, I fell in love with her character, and couldn't just leave it with that one-shot. I wanted to explore how she ends up after she's gotten older and gone to Hogwarts. She was such a blast for me to wrote as a six year old, I knew that as a seveteen year old she'd be so much fun! And she is, which is exactly what I expected!

5. Actually, that makes it easier for me! There's not much that I have to keep in canon, so I can take more artistic liberties with the characters. It makes it fun, because I can write about them in more than one story and can play with personalities, family dynamics, who they're friends with at Hogwarts and all that jazz.

6. That's such an amazing question! Ummmm probably Lily, Rose, or Molly for a girl and James or Hugo for a boy.

7. I'm actually going to pick a next gen Weasley and say Hugo! I picture him as being really sweet and funny, and I think he'd be a really gentleman. And the Weasley red hair doesnt hurt either!

8. Ummmm.... Everything? Haha.

9. No, not tons. There a band called Jethro Tull that I like, and they're from Scotland, which I'm not, so that counts as foreign right? But I do really enjoy their music.

10. Ohhhh nice question! I've never really thought about this before... I think a phoenix feather core would be really cool. Or unicorn hair. Either of those two!

11. I think around friends and family I'm most like Darcy. :D I can be a total drama queen sometimes, and can definitely blow things out of proportion! But I also have a really strong connection to my friends, which Darcy definitely has, so there's also that. And with Jane, we're similar because we both feel very wrongly about doing the right thing. When Jane doesn't tell people about Michael, it's because she doesn't want to put stress on his family. I think that's a really brave and selfless thing to do, and I admire her for that.

12. The fact that it presents so many opportunities! You could solve a lot of the worlds problems with magic, I think. It's so much easier to help someone who's sick, or cold, or hungry if you have magic, and I love the thought of having so much possibility for good right at your fingertips!

13. I love that even thoughthe Malfoys have so much pride and arrogance, with Draco and Narcissa at least, there is some good there. Neither of those two are inherently evil, and I think that if they had been presented with different paths, and could have helped the order and known that they would be safe, they would have. I think a lot of their cruelty comes from the circumstances that they're placed in.

Those were amazing questions! Please come back if you have any more! :D

zk0qs8_zps4e501212.png

#6 Gabriella Hunter

Gabriella Hunter

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

Hey, I thought I'd pop back over here to your MTA because you always ask me such lovely questions so here I am! :D

1) Out of the stories that you have going so far, which one is the most difficult to write and why?
2) With the way that you've written Louis Weasley's character so far in ASPOS, how hard was it to get him just right and what made you want to depict him that way? I've never read many fanfics with him in it but he's usually very nice and not so arrogant. Though I do love some arrogant boys...hehehe.
3) What is it about writing that you love/hate the most?
4) How did you decide to come up with/create The 4th Daughter?
5) Will you ever write something extremely angsty? I enjoy it so much that I can't help but ask!
6) I've been curious about this but will you ever write something from a Death Eater's POV or a story about Voldemort? Having him do ballet isn't such a bad idea at all!
7) What's the hardest thing about starting a new story? I always have trouble starting a scene properly. I usually just make up whatever and hope that it turns out all right. It took me at least a few weeks to come up with what I wanted for A Force of Wills!
8) Do you think that you would be able to train a dragon like Charlie Weasley?
9) Are you working on anymore ideas for a new story are you focusing on getting the ones you have finished first?
10) Favorite thing to do when you have free time?
11) How do you get rid of your writers block?! :D

That's all for now but I'll be back, have fun!!!!

Gabriella Hunter

#7 CassiePotter

CassiePotter

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hi Gabbie! I'm so glad to see that you're back to pick my brains some more! :D Now let's get started on these questions!

1. I think that out of LMT, TFD, and ASOS, TFD is the most difficult to write. I have a clear idea of where I want the story to go, and where different characters' relationships will end up, but until I get to those places, I have to make sure everything makes sense! I also have to keep myself from making everything happen too quickly! I really love that story, because it has a different feel than the other two, and I get so excited that I just want everything to happen so soon, and it's difficult for me to draw out the action.

2. Louis! I think balance is really important with his character in particular, because he has more going on than meets the eye. He isn't just what Darcy sees, and I have to remember that so every scene he's in isn't way over the top. That being said, this is Darcy's perspective, so he can seem like the most obnoxious guy ever, when really her own feelings play up every little thing he says to her. So he is really arrogant and annoying, but I have to make myself remember that he really isn't a bad guy, and that somewhere deep, deep down in there is a good person. He just doesn't show it. And coming from a family with so many well know members, and with so many accomplished cousins having gone to Hogwarts before him, he has a lot to live up to, and being snotty and arrogant is partially a way to cope with everything. Plus it's just really fun to write! :)

3. The thing that I hate the most about writing is the fact that I have to be so grammar-conscious. Grammar was not my forte when I was a kid, and it was always the worst part of English class for me. I remember being thirteen and not understanding why it was so necessary! But, of course, I realize now that without it reading would be much more difficult. Also, I hate how negative people can be about someone else's writing. It takes a lot to put something out there that's totally and uniquely yours, and having people say they don't like it or that it's bad is really tough. The thing I love most about writing is how limitless it is. The fact that you can take your wildest dreams and imaginations and make them into something really appeals to me, especially because I never outgrew the stage in life where fairytales are wonderful and magical and are so real. The fact that good writing makes anything seem like it could happen is amazing, and it's such an incredible creative outlet.

4. The Fourth Daughter honestly just hit me in the face one day. I've always loved the fairytale of The Twelve Dancing Princesses, and have read a few novels based on the story, and suddenly I realized that I could write something based off of it, as well. The story holds a lot more mystery than other fairytales, I think, and I knew that there were tons of possibilities for adapting it to fit my needs. However, I did use certain things that I've seen in almost every single version of this fairytale that I've read. The magic pavilion, a secret passage from the girls' bedroom, and the dead mother and cold father. But making it fit with HP characters was where I really got to have some fun. Figuring out who the founders would be in this world was a really interesting process for me. Salazar is the one that we know the least about, and has the most mixed emotions surrounding him. Helga is a governess, and really cares for the girls because she can see that they need some sort of gentle influence with the way their father is. Godric being a stable hand was something I always knew would happen, because it's not what you'd expect for him, but I thought it could make him more playful and we didn't have to worry about royal duties and etiquette and such. And we have yet to meet Rowena so I won't give anything away! ;)

5. Angst.... The way that some authors (you're definitely one of them!) write angst makes it seem so easy, and effortless, but it's not! I've tried for it, but it's difficult for me. So I don't have anything angsty planned, but who knows... Maybe I'll get it right at some point.

6. Writing from a Death Eater's POV is a really interesting idea that's crossed my mind, but I haven't really thought about it. It seems fun, though, so maybe I will try it! But I haven't got anything like that planned. Most of my stories aren't planned in advance, and the ideas for them just sort of jump out at me randomly...but you've got the gears turning!

7. I think the hardest thing about starting a new story is properly introducing all of the characters. It's tough for me to get good imagery so the reader knows where they are, what's happening, and who's there. When I start a new story I really want to make sure the stage is set and the scene is clear.

8. No, probably not. I wouldn't be brave enough to try and handle an untrained dragon! I'll leave the dragon training to Charlie since he's the expert!

9. Right now I'm mainly focusing on the ones I have, but I have a few ideas in the works. I want to write a Remus/Felicity story once LMT is finished, but I have almost nothing written for it. Also I have an idea for a Rose/Scorpius story, and I've come up with an OC named Vivienne who's American and comes to Hogwarts. But those are all a long, long way off, and are just in the very beginning stages. I don't even know who most of the other characters in them will be. Haha.

10. I'm a really busy woman, and free time is pretty rare! But luckily I love the things I'm busy with, so I'd probably be doing them in my free time anyway! Besides writing, I loved dancing, acting, and singing, so I do a lot of musical theater. And there are also acting and dance classes I'm involved with which are so much fun! I help with costuming shows as well, and get to help with the behind the scenes stuff like getting actors measured and finding wigs for different characters.

11. Oh writer's block, that nasty thing. I usually write something else, read, watch movies, listen to music, or anything that will inspire me. Sometimes it's relentless, and I just have to take a moment and shut my brain off, but most of the time it goes away rather quickly. Especially when I've got three novels going! Jane, Dezzy, and Darcy are good ways to cure writer's block!

I'm so half you came back with more questions! I loved answering them! :)

zk0qs8_zps4e501212.png

#8 Gabriella Hunter

Gabriella Hunter

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

:yahoo: Hey, I thought I'd pop on by again and ask you more questions! Be prepared for that!

1) Who is your least favorite character to write for out of all of your stories? :twitch:
2) Do you have trouble finding the right time to get all of your stories done?
3) I think I asked this before but would you ever write a story with a bad character as the lead? Maybe not Voldemort or a Death Eater, but just a really nasty person? :no:
4) Have you ever thought of turning any other well-known fairy tales into something HP related?
5) If you could choose, what Era would you be in?
6) What Next Generation character do you think you'll want to work with next?
7) Any new books that you're really interested in?
8) If there was one thing that annoyed you or that you wished you could change about HP series (Movies included) what would it be?
9) Who was your favorite Hogwarts teacher? :yes:
10) Have you ever thought of telling a story about a teacher or a member of the Order of the Phoenix? :hug:

That's all for right now! Have fun answering them! :rotflol: I'll probably be back! Mwhahahhahahah!

Gabriella Hunter

#9 CassiePotter

CassiePotter

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

Gabbie! Hello! I'm so so sorry it took me such a long time to answer these lovely questions! I was just super busy this week and had no time for forums or HPFF. It was so sad! But I'm back now!

1. Oh, that's a tough one... It would probably be the Ravenclaw girls' father in The Fourth Daughter. He's just so cold, and I feel so bad for them, that writing him is really difficult, and I just want to make him have a total change of heart and become the best dad ever!

2. That really depends on what I have going on in my life otherwise. If I have a week where I don't have tons of homework and rehearsals, then I can write more. Or, sometimes I just can't get into a story and have to work on a different one until I get my enthusiasm and inspiration back. It all just depends, really!

3. I think I might try it. It would be a nice challenge for me, and I would definitely have to work a lot to get it right, but I wouldn't say no to giving it a shot. I think it would be interesting to write with a Death Eater, or and original character who is/is related to a Death Eater. That way I have a little more wiggle room with how they fit into Voldy's circle. I'm getting the beginnings of some ideas now! Woohoo!

4. Yes! I ADORE fairytales, and I always say that I never outgrew the stage in life where fairytales are the most wonderful things, and they give you such a nostalgic, magical feeling. I can't get enough of them, and I find it really interesting to read stories based on fairytales, so I could definitely write another one if people would read it! I think maybe something from The Princess and the Pea or a story like that would be fun. I like using less popular stories, because ones like Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast are used so often. Maybe I could use Rapunzel... Haha. But I could definitely see another fairytale based HP in the future!

5. The next generation! I love all of the Potter/Weasley kids, and I think it would be so much fun to be friends with them! Andi have this weird desire to see how Harry's generation turned out as adults. Haha.

6. I'm not sure! I was think about Scorpius, Rose, or Albus. I had a Scorpius/Rose idea a while back, and also an Albus/OC, so maybe one of those stories will actually become something! I don't know... I also really like Hugo. Oh gosh. So many next gen character loves are coming forth right now! Honestly, I just love them all,so I could write with any of them!

7. Not particularly... I just started The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. It's been published for quite a while, but a friend highly recommended it, so I'm giving it a shot!

8. There are a bunch of things that were left out of the movies that bug me. Peeves would have been hilarious, and also I wish that they would have kept more of the epilogue in Deathly Hallows. And this one's really random, but I wish they would have kept the part where they go down to the kitchens and have to tickle the pear to get inside! And what to change in the books.... I just love them so much that I don't want to mess with JKR's wonderful work! (but if Dobby never died, that wouldn't be so bad)

9. Remus Lupin, most definitely! I love him! He seems like he'd be a wonderful mentor, and would impact the students in a bigger way than just teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts. I think they could learn life lessons from him.

10. Not until now! Honestly, Gabbie, these questions are giving me so many ideas! Ahhh! But I think that would be fun to write! Maybe about a less known teacher at Hogwarts.... Ooooo plot bunnies! Haha.

I LOVE all the questions you ask, and they really make me think! Let me know if you're curious on anything else! :)

zk0qs8_zps4e501212.png

#10 Gabriella Hunter

Gabriella Hunter

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

Hey! I thought I'd pop on over here and ask you more questions!

1) So, I've been reading ASOS lately and I couldn't help but ask where you got most of Louis's personality from? Did you take inspiration from any boys that you deal with? If so, then I'd like to meet them. ;)
2) If you ever saw Blaise walking towards you, what would you do?
3) Do you think you'll ever write a really mature/horror story?
4) Who do you like the most in the HP universe? Fanfic or otherwise at the moment.
5) What mystical creature would you like to be for a day?
6) So, George is my favorite Weasley. Out of the six (R.I.P. Freddie) who is your favorite and why?
7) Do you think that you'll ever write from a Death Eater's POV?
8) Favorite book at the moment?
9) What's the worst movie you've ever seen? If its an American movie, I can hardly blame you. I live here. Hahaha.
10) Vampires or werewolves?

I'll be back!!!! Stay tuned!!!!!

Gabriella Hunter

#11 CassiePotter

CassiePotter

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

These are such good questions! I can't wait to answer them!

1. Oh my dear, dear Louis. I've dealt with one or two guys like him, but they more or less matured by sixteen or seventeen, whereas Louis still acts like a thirteen year old. Haha. But a lot of it is taking the personality of those guys and twisting it to fit Louis, who is a little more witty with his insults and teasing. But he is turning out to be really fun to write, especially because he gets under Darcy's skin so much! Haha.
2. First I would have a major fangirl moment, and hope he didn't see it, because then he would think I was really weird. Then I would go try and hug him :) And then melt if he hugged me back.
3. I've thought about it but I'm not sure. I think both are tricky to pull off, and I don't know if I'm there yet, but I'll probably try it eventually! I'd really like to try a lot of different types of stories and writing styles so I can grow and branch out as a writer.
4. Gabbie why do you ask such amazing, thought-provoking questions? This is AMAZING. ohhhh I don't know! So I'm going to cheat and name a few characters :) I love Remus, Teddy, Luna, Blaise, Darcy (I'm a little biased), Benjamin (of course) Scorpius, and Albus. That's more than a few but it was really hard to narrow this down.
5. A mermaid! I think that would be so fun, and mermaids are so mysterious, that I'd love to see what they actually do and are like.
6. I like Ron, because he's so funny! And even though he takes forever to get his act together and realize that he loves Hermione, once they're together they're really cute and I think he's a good guy for her.
7. I've actually been thinking about that recently! I was thinking about writing from a Death Eater's point of view, and also writing about someone like Andromeda Tonks when she was still a Black, and lived with people who didn't agree with her views, and went so far as to blast her off the family tree.
8. I'm reading The Princess Bride by William Goldman and it's amazing! I've always loved the movie, and the book is just as fantastic! I highly recommend it if you like romantic and really hilarious books.
9. That's a surprisingly hard question! I had to think about it for a while. I didn't really like Twilight, just because there wasn't really depth to it... I wasn't satisfied after finishing the movie. And the movie Beastly, which was a book first, was awful. It totally butchered the book, and I hate when movies do that.
10. I think I have to go with vampires. But more of the Vampire Diaries vampires. Not sparkly ones :) they just seem more mysterious and intriguing! Haha.

Thank you so much for the great questions! They were amazing, and I might steal some for the next time I pop on by your authors page! :)

zk0qs8_zps4e501212.png

#12 Gabriella Hunter

Gabriella Hunter

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

Hey, Cassie! I thought I'd pop on over and ask you some questions!!

1) If you had any superpower, what would it be and why?

2) What's one of your own characters that you'd like to dress up as?

3) Who's your male character crush from a TV show or book?

4) What's a story that you were working on that you never posted?

5) How's Louis been?

6) If you could take Care of Magical Creatures, what would be the animal that you would LEAST like to see?

7) Are you good at Math?

8) What's something that really freaks you out and gives you the chills? Other than my Draco?

9) Do you sketch and if you do, what scenes from your stories have you done?

10) If you could make your own play, what would it be about?

I hope these are fun for you, I'll be back so no worries! :D

Gabriella Hunter

#13 CassiePotter

CassiePotter

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

These questions are phenomenal! Thank you so much!

1) I think two superpowers that would be really cool to have would be teleporting or being able to turn invisible! They would both be really useful, I think, and I wouldn't be actively hurting someone if it came down to it in a fight! I could just protect my self and teleport away! Haha. And it would save a lot of time on long trips!

2) Oh my gosh, when I saw this question I knew right away. Most definitely Dezzy! She gets to wear these gorgeous gowns and dancing slippers and night, and during the day she still wears pretty dresses, because she is a princess after all! I think the green day dress and gray wool cloak she wears the when she meets Godric would be really fun to wear, and all of her dresses for going to the pavilion! But I love the whit dress she wears in her dream at the very beginning of the story, especially. And of course there are still plenty of dresses to come! :)

3) I'll give you two answers! Haha. From a book it is definitely Mr. Bingley from Pride and Prejudice! I know most people go for Mr. Darcy, but I love how sweet and loyal Bingley is, and how much he cares about Jane Bennet. Plus he loves to dance! :D And my TV show crush is Matthew Crawley from Downton Abbey! He's so charming and funny, plus he's got a little sass! And he's gorgeous, too, which never hurts!

4) I actually have quite a few going right now, so I'll just give you the inside scoop, shall I? There's a story about Remus and Felicity from Felicity's side of the story, which I have a little bit written for and a lot of ideas for that haven't been put down on paper yet. Then I have a Rose/Scorpius that needs a lot of work. I have one scene written that I love, but I don't want to make Scorpius like Louis at all, since a lot of people seem to make his character like that, so I have to be careful with him. Then I have an Albus/OC, and the OC is an American girl named Vivienne. I really am enjoying that story and definitely want to keep working on it! And the last is a Hugo/OC that I've written a prologue for. It's from Hugo's POV, which is the first time I've written from a guy's perspective, and would be a short story or novella, since I'm still experimenting! I know that's a ton, but I wanted to give you a thorough answer!

5) Louis is still trailing after poor Darcy! Lysander actually had to play grownup and take her wand so she wouldn't hex Louis in the middle of a crowded corridor! She wasn't happy, and Louis certainly teased her about it! But he also has been going on and on about how much he misses you, so hopefully you'll see each other again soon!

6) A blast-ended skrewt! They seem like they're really hard to handle, and the fact that they have stingers and randomly blast fire doesn't sound like a good combination for me! Haha.

7) Not really! I'm more of an English, History, Foreign Language person rather than Math and Science.

8) I really don't like big bugs! They're just creepy and have all those legs but they're big enough to do some damage! Especially if one got on my foot or something! Ewww! That just makes me shudder!

9) I actually don't sketch, because I'm not very good at it, but I wish I could! I would draw the pavilion and Godric's cottage, Darcy and Louis in Honeyduke's, and Jane and Sirius sitting by the lake together!

10) That is such a brilliant question. Being an actress, I'm so heavily involved with theater that I've had to think about a lot of background stuff for plays, and really get inside the playwrights head. But I've never thought about writing one myself! I would want to write something witty, with a lot of dry humor, or a love story. Or maybe both? Haha. That would be so much fun!

Thank you do much for the incredible questions! I LOVED answering them! :D

Edited by CassiePotter, 12 January 2013 - 03:09 PM.

zk0qs8_zps4e501212.png

#14 Gabriella Hunter

Gabriella Hunter

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Like I said, I'd be right over here!

1) So, how long have you been writing and what really got you going to write fanfiction?

2) What's a Next Gen or Weasley family member that you're a little hesitant to write?

3) Who's a character from your own stories that you sort of wish you hadn't written?

4) Is there a movie that really scared you recently?

5) How is Louis doing?

6) Will I ever be seeing a Draco, Blaise or Astoria in your work? I would really love that!

Hope you have fun answering these! :D I'll be back!!

Gabriella Hunter

#15 CassiePotter

CassiePotter

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Hi Gabbie! Thank you for the great questions!

1) I've been writing for a long time, and making up stories is something I've done for as long as I can remember. I had such a whirlwind imagination that I was constantly creating backgrounds and lives for random strangers I saw in the street. I would read fairytales and play pretend games all the time, and the just progressed into writing. I started writing fan fiction when I read a story over on the archives. I thought it was amazing that people wrote such amazing stories with Harry Potter characters, and wanted to do it myself!

2) I'm hesitant to write the twins, because I don't think I can pull them off! They're such hilarious characters, and stand out so much whenever they're in a scene, that I think it would take me a long time to write them well. I don't know how you do it!

3) oh, that's tough... I don't know! I'll have to think about this and get back to you on it! Hahaha.

4) I recently watched a film called The Changeling, starring Angelina Jolie. It's based on a true story, and is set in the 1920s, when the Los Angeles police department was really corrupt. Angelina's Jolie's character, Christine Collins, comes hom from work one day and her son is missing. The police take five months and then say they found him but it's a different boy. She tells them it's not her son but they don't want to admit their mistake so the put her into an asylum! It's really scary because the treatment there is terrible, and the people that work there are really horrifying. So it's not scary in a horror movie way, but it definitely freaked me out a little bit!

5) Louis, Louis, Louis... He's making plans to talk to Darcy again, and much to her chagrin, he definitely hadn't forgotten The Towel Incident! But he also misses you very much, and can't wait to see you again!

6) Maybe! I want to write with them at some point! I think you'd be seeing them as adults in a Next Gen story, though. So probably, I just don't know when! Haha

Thank you so much for all the fantastic questions! :)

zk0qs8_zps4e501212.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users